legislate | legislation | legislative | legislator | legislators | legislature
Pages in category "Legislative"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.
- In democratic government at the present moment all kinds of fools and rascals are making decisions. But what can they do? What is the result of their legislation? They enact something today just to whimsically repeal it tomorrow
- In modern times, there are legislative assemblies whose members are authorized to make laws for the welfare of the state
- Simply enforcing laws and ordinances cannot make the citizens obedient and lawful. That is impossible. Throughout the entire world there are so many states, legislative assemblies and parliaments, but still the citizens are rogues and thieves
- So many government representatives voting for legislation. Every day they bring out a new law. But because these laws are only mental concoctions manufactured by inexperienced conditioned souls, they cannot give relief to human society
- So you can make election under Krsna conscious government rules and regulations. That can be done. Legislative assembly, the senators, they must be all first-class brahmanas
- Such advisors or members (devotee brahmanas) of the legislative assembly should not be professional politicians, nor should they be selected by the ignorant public. Rather, they should be appointed by the king
- The brahmana should give advice to the ministers or the legislators. They should be all qualified brahmanas, not paid man
- The legislators in the parliament are also busy with questions and answers, and the politicians and the press representatives are all busy with questions and answers
- There was no need for impractical fools to enact daily a new legislative bill and to conveniently alter it again and again to serve some purpose
- They (foolish human beings) carry out the orders of the Supreme Lord under the influence of respective scriptural or legislative injunctions
- To rule the mass of citizens in a state and keep them in a complete progressive order is not possible simply by passing laws every year in a legislative assembly. The varnasrama-dharma is essential in a good government
- When there is varna-sankara population, the people cannot be properly controlled for peace and prosperity, regardless of great legislative assemblies, parliaments and similar bodies
- Why monarchy? You can continue democracy, but the legislators should be first-class men who has knowledge, not these rascals