laugh | laughable | laughed | laugher | laughing | laughingly | laughingstock | laughs | laughter
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Laughter"
The following 211 pages are in this category, out of 211 total.
- A child may insist on having something and cry like anything to get it, disturbing the whole neighborhood, and then immediately after achieving the desired thing, he laughs
- A joker's activities simply arouse laughter, and a person who tries to repay the spiritual master or teacher of the transcendental message of Krsna becomes a laughingstock just like a joker because it is not possible to repay such a debt
- Abhirucir means the boy and the girl, if he likes, if he says, that's all. No other calculation. And the, after three days after marriage, there is divorce. (laughter) Because abhirucir, "I like, I don't like," that's all
- According to Yajnavalkya's religious injunctions, a woman whose husband is away from home should not take part in any social functions, should not decorate her body, should not laugh and should not go to any relative's house in any circumstance
- Actual blissful life, manifested in genuine spiritual laughing, crying & dancing, is the symptom of real advancement in Krsna consciousness, which can be achieved by a person who always voluntarily engages in the transcendental loving service of the Lord
- After enjoying the loud laughter of all the members of the assembly, Krsna replied to the messenger as follows: "O messenger of Paundraka, you may carry My message to your master"
- After hearing his words, Lord Brahma, who is most powerful, laughed loudly and said to Kakudmi: O King, all those whom you may have decided within the core of your heart to accept as your son-in-law have passed away in the course of time
- After saying this, the messenger began to chant the holy names of Hari and Krsna. He also began to laugh and cry, dance and sing exactly like a madman
- All mental speculators and learned scholars were defeated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and when the people began to laugh, the Buddhist philosophers felt both shame and fear
- All the inhabitants of Kasi (Varanasi) began chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra in ecstatic love. Sometimes they laughed, sometimes they cried, sometimes they chanted, and sometimes they danced
- Although there are gulfs of differences between them, with the ecstasy of parental affection a mixture of laughter, compassion or dread is compatible
- Anubhava can be divided into thirteen categories: dancing, rolling on the ground, singing, yelling, jumping, making loud noises, yawning, heavy breathing, not caring for public opinion, discharging saliva, roaring laughter, unsteadiness and hiccuping
- Anyone who has got money, he has got power. That is open secret. What is the secret? (laughs) If you have got money, you have got all power
- As if catching us by our hair, they forcibly take us away and deliver us unto You to become Your maidservants. Hearing of these incidents, people laugh at us. We have thus become completely subordinate to the flute
- As soon as people received instructions from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, they began to chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. Thus everyone laughed, chanted and danced with the Lord
- As soon as the mother returns and cares for the child, the child laughs and becomes jubilant
- Astavakra Muni was curved in eight joints of his body, and thus he used to move in a peculiar curved manner. The daughters of the demigods could not check their laughter upon seeing the movements of the muni
- At night, nidraya, if one can get the opportunity of sleeping twenty-four hours, he thinks he's very much gainer, especially on Sunday. (laughter) So this is materialistic
- At that time, Raghava Pandita arrived there. Seeing the situation, he began to laugh in great surprise
- At the time of dissolution, Lord Siva's hair is scattered, and he pierces the rulers of the different directions with his trident. He laughs and dances proudly, scattering their hands like flags, as thunder scatters the clouds all over the world
- Balarama also embraced Krsna, but He was laughing because when everyone else had been so overwhelmed with anxiety, He had known what would happen to Krsna
- Balarama said, "O you kings of the ants! Why are you hiding yourselves in these holes?" At the same time He also addressed the King of heaven: "O King Indra! You plaything of Saci! Why are you laughing?"
- Balarama said, "O you members of the Yadu dynasty, why are you laughing at Me? Please give me back My liquors made of honey from the kadamba flower!"
- Because She was in front of many of Her superiors, She simply smiled and did not say anything. In this instance, the ecstasy of conjugal love is taken as the whole, and the ecstasy of laughter is taken as the part
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami says that sometimes persons who have no love of Godhead at all display ecstatic bodily symptoms. Artificially they sometimes laugh, cry and dance just like madmen, but this cannot help one progress in Krsna consciousness
- Both he and I (Siva) are on the same level as servants of God. We are always friends and sometimes we enjoy joking words between us. When Citraketu loudly laughed at my behavior, he did so on friendly terms, and therefore there was no reason to curse him
- But I do not wish to die. Why shall I be cheerful? You rascal, you say, "Become cheerful." (laughter) "Cheerfully, you become hanged
- But this nonsense theory, that there was a monkey first of all, (laughter) Darwin's theory, and from monkey, human being has come, this is nonsense. So any other question?
- By her feminine behavior as she dressed herself, walked, got up, smiled, laughed, and glanced about, Queen Barhismati increased his (Maharaja Priyavrata's) energy. Thus although he was a great soul, he appeared lost in the feminine conduct of his wife
- Children are not punishable. (laughter, more applause) Neither the women. (more applause, laughter) Hmm. But don't take advantage. (laughter) And here we have got these brahmanas, saintly persons, women and children. So who is to be punished?
- Cow is not very beautiful. (laughter) (break) ...in the human society the Jews are most beautiful. Is it a fact? Jews? Yehudi
- Deep breathing, disregard for others, the frothing of saliva, mad laughter, spitting, hiccups and other, similar symptoms (of subordinate ecstatic expressions of love)
- Desire tree means just like here in this material world you go to the mango tree. You get mangoes. But you cannot get samosa. (laughter) But desire trees there are. In the spiritual planets there are desire trees
- Devotees are very compassionate. (laughs) Karunikah. "Please you take this service, and other service, I may take prasadam. (laughter) That I cannot neglect."
- Do you think all the caves of the mountains they are now closed? There are many caves. If you want at all shelter, there are already there are natural rooms, apartment. (everyone laughs) You can live there
- Don't take ice cream. (laughs) This is maya. As soon as you enjoy, you become entrapped. That's all. Just like fishing tackle
- Due to his incorrect pronunciation, people sometimes criticized him and laughed at him, but he did not care. He was full of ecstasy due to reading the Bhagavad-gita and was personally very happy
- Duryodhana was illusioned by this craftsmanship (of the demon Maya Danava), and when crossing water, thinking it to be land, he fell in. When Duryodhana, out of his foolishness, had thus fallen, the queens enjoyed the incident by laughing
- Dvivida would come before the women & exhibit different types of caricatures. By nature young women are apt to enjoy everything with laughter and joking, & when the gorilla came before them they did not take him seriously but simply laughed at him
- Each of these empowered persons would return to his own village, always chanting the holy name of Krsna and sometimes laughing, crying and dancing
- Ecstatic loving laughing
- Examples of anubhava as follows: dancing, rolling on the ground, singing very loudly, stretching the body, crying loudly, yawning, breathing very heavily, neglecting the presence of others, drooling, laughing like a madman, wheeling the head and belching
- Expert learned scholars say that laughing is generally found amongst youngsters or in the combination of old persons and young children. This ecstatic loving laughing is sometimes also found in persons who are very grave by nature
- Feeling such transcendental sentiment, one sometimes laughs and sometimes cries, sings and dances like a madman, and sometimes traverses hither and thither
- Fifty-seven years after. (laughs) So the body has not changed? Where is that body? Now I am with stick. (laughter) Then I was jumping. Is not that? I am there; I remember. The body has changed. What is the difficulty to understand?
- For me it is better to remain in Vrndavana or die. (laughter) Hm. Because they may be very envious, "Here is the man who is behind all this."
- From a distant place, if you see that a railway engine is coming, you'll see the light. So a rascal will say, "A light is coming." (laughter) But one who knows, he will say a train is coming. So it is less intelligent
- Generally, those who are exalted personalities lie down when they feel intoxicated, whereas those who are mediocre laugh and sing during intoxication, and those who are lowly use vulgar language and sometimes cry
- Go and speak what Krsna says. That's all. You have nothing to manufacture, Dr. Frog. (laughs) There is no need of manufacturing. We are very safe because we don't manufacture. We simply repeat, parrotlike, what Krsna has said. That's all
- God is not want of your money. (chuckles) He is quite competent to earn money. He doesn't require anything. But if we give, it is our interest. It is our interest
- Gravity should be maintained. And laughing means taking things trifling. That is not allowed. This is the etiquette. That is what we are teaching. You are simple, but this is the etiquette. Understand me right or not?
- Have I taken sannyasa for such happiness? Accepting this oil would bring My ruination, and all of you would laugh
- He (a spiritual master) sometimes cries, sometimes laughs, sometimes dances and sometimes chants. These symptoms are very prominently manifest in the body of a pure devotee
- He (The demigod Pusa) could not use his teeth for eating, since he had laughed at Lord Siva, deriding him by showing his teeth. In other words, it was not appropriate for him to have teeth, for he had used them against Lord Siva
- He greatly loved his wife Barhismati, and with the increase of days, their exchange of nuptial love also increased. By her feminine behavior as she dressed herself, walked, got up, smiled, laughed, and glanced about, Queen Barhismati increased his energy
- He's smoking fire, and he's becoming cool. (laughter) And the advertisement is going on, and the rascals are captivated by these advertisement, and they smoke, become cool. Yes
- His (Balarama's) bodily features became so much agitated that it was difficult for anyone to look at Him. He laughed very loudly
- His (Ravana's) laughter, overtaken by joy, along with his very air of life, suddenly ceased with the tingling sound of the bow of Ramacandra, the Personality of Godhead
- I really possess my temporary material body and mind, and I must not make myself a laughing stock by denying the existence of my body and mind. At the same time, I must always remember that the body and mind are temporary arrangements
- If a goat is to be killed after five minutes but you give it a morsel of grass, it is happy because it is eating. Just like a child - even if you are planning to kill her or kill him, he is happy and laughs because he is innocent. That is ignorance
- If a mother leaves her child in his cradle and goes away to attend to some family duties, the child immediately understands that his mother has gone away, and therefore he cries. But as soon as the mother returns and cares for the child, the child laughs
- If Krsna and the enemies who harbor feelings of opposition toward Him are respectively the object and abodes of the mellow of laughter, the resulting feelings are called aparasa, opposing mellows
- If one drinks but a drop of the nectar of Krsna's pastimes, his body and mind begin to bloom, and he begins to laugh, sing and dance
- If one who is not yet developed imitates such symptoms (laughing, crying and dancing) artificially, he creates chaos in the spiritual life of human society
- If some pickpocket takes it and if you capture him, then you give him immediately to the police. And when you come home after hard-earned money, and when your wife takes away, oh, you laugh
- If you adopt me as your old child, probably the visa department will laugh, that what you will do with an old child who is going to die very soon
- If you can remain without marrying, it is better. But because you cannot, you become bachelor daddy, therefore you must marry. (laughter) Please don't become bachelor daddy. (laughter) This is most sinful life
- If you deposit one cent daily, one day it may become a hundred dollars. So when you get the hundred dollars, you can get the business. (laughter) So you come here daily, one cent, one cent... When it will be hundred dollars, you will become a devotee
- In a direct relationship of conjugal love, there is laughter, astonishment, chivalry, lamentation, anger and dread, but there is no ghastliness. These expressions are considered to be the great reservoirs of pleasure
- In addition to the five direct mellows, there are seven indirect mellows, known as laughter, wonder, chivalry, compassion, anger, disaster and fear
- In darkness at night the only happiness is sleeping and sex, that's all. There is no other happiness. And when there was dark in New York, electricity failed, and so many women became pregnant. (laughs) Yes
- In such a laughing ecstasy of love, Krsna or matters pertaining to Krsna are the cause of the laughter. In such laughing devotional service, there are symptoms of jubilation, laziness, concealed feelings and similar other seemingly disturbing elements
- In the ecstasy of ghastliness in devotional service, feelings of neutral love, laughter or servitude are compatible, whereas feelings of conjugal union and fraternity are incompatible
- In the third stage, called sakhya-rati, transcendental love is developed, and one associates with the Supreme on an equal level of love and respect. As this stage is further developed, there is joking and such relaxed exchanges as laughing and so on
- In the universities they say that "What is the wrong if I become an animal?'' I asked them, "Do you like to be animal?'' "Yes.'' "Then all right, next time you become animal. (laughter) This is your I give you this blessing. That's all''
- In this instance there is a mixture of laughter and compassion, but there is no incompatibility because by both of these rasas the loving affection for Krsna is increased
- Jambavati inquired, "Who is this person who has come with the demigods and is laughing with them?" Kalindi replied, "He is my elder brother, Yamaraja, the superintendent of death"
- Jayananda looks like Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. (laughter) Yes. He was tall and stout and strong, Caitanya Mahaprabhu. (laughing) Yes. Very good
- Krsna joked, Why have you (the bumblebee) come to disturb My brahmana friend Madhumangala? You want to kill a brahmana. This is not good. All the boys would laugh and enjoy, speaking such joking words while eating
- Krsna said, "Kindly forbid Her from this devious policy of putting Her face near Mine." When Krsna was speaking like this, the friends of Radharani could not check their laughter. This is an instance of ecstasy in conjugal love
- Lalayanti. Sometimes a mother lifts her child, and when the child falls in her hands, the child laughs, and the mother also enjoys pleasure. Yasoda used to do this, but this time Krsna became very heavy, and she could not bear His weight
- Lion is supposed to be the king of the forest. Still, he has to work. It is not that a lion will sleep, and some animal will come, "My dear lion, please open your mouth. I shall enter." (laughter) That is not possible
- Lord Krsna, Vasudeva, the son of Vasudeva, is the original source of Lord Rsabhadeva. There is no difference in Their constitution, and consequently Lord Rsabhadeva awakened the loving symptoms of crying, laughing and shivering
- Lord Rsabhadeva possessed all mystic yoga powers, but He was satisfied with His devotional love of Krsna, which was evinced by the ecstatic symptoms, such as crying, laughing and shivering
- Lord Siva was sitting in an assembly of great saintly persons and embracing Parvati on his lap with his arm. Citraketu laughed loudly and spoke, within the hearing of Parvati
- Lord Siva, being extremely angry, pressed his lips with his teeth and immediately snatched from his head a strand of hair which blazed like electricity or fire. He stood up at once, laughing like a madman, and dashed the hair to the ground
- Making a loud, shrill sound of laughter, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, who is extremely strong and powerful, captured Hiranyakasipu, who was protecting himself with his sword and shield, leaving no gaps open
- May Lord Nrsimhadeva, who appeared as the enemy of Hiranyakasipu, protect me in all directions. His loud laughing vibrated in all directions and caused the pregnant wives of the asuras to have miscarriages
- May the sight of Srimati Radharani's kila-kincita ecstasy, which is like a bouquet, bring good fortune to all. When Sri Krsna blocked Radharani’s way to the dana-ghati, there was laughter within Her heart
- Naked like a madman, sometimes laughing and sometimes crying, he (Lord Siva) smears crematorium ashes all over his body. He does not bathe regularly, and he ornaments his body with a garland of skulls and bones
- Nakula Brahmacari became exactly like a man haunted by a ghost. Thus he sometimes laughed, sometimes cried, sometimes danced and sometimes chanted like a madman
- Narada Muni continued: When Prahlada Maharaja spoke about the path of self-realization in devotional service, thus being faithful to the camp of his father's enemies, Hiranyakasipu, the King of the demons, heard Prahlada's words and he laughingly said
- O King Indra! You plaything of Saci! Why are you laughing? I (Lord Balarama) am now prepared to smash the whole universe, and I know that Krsna will not be angry with Me
- On hearing this sarcastic reply by the talkative Jarati, all the cowherd girls present there began to laugh very loudly and clap their hands. This laughter, accompanied by the clapping of hands, is called atihasita
- On that friendly platform there are different kinds of laughing and joking conversations. An example of such a friendly relationship with Krsna is described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam when Krsna was once thinking
- One day the king asked him, "Gopala, what is the difference between you and an ass?" So he immediately measured the distance from the king. He said, "It is three feet only, sir. The difference is only three feet." So everyone began to laugh
- One meat-eater said, 'The Hindus say, "Krsna, Krsna," and they laugh, cry, dance, chant and fall on the ground, smearing their bodies with dirt
- One should not make the mistake of thinking the world has no existence at all. I really possess my temporary material body and mind, and I must not make myself a laughing stock by denying the existence of my body and mind
- One who becomes affected by the pleasure potency of the Supreme Lord manifests various symptoms of ecstasy, such as slackening of the heart, laughing, crying, shivering, and dancing. These symptoms are not material
- Passing along the beach, they saw a fisherman approaching with his net over his shoulder. Laughing, crying, dancing and singing, he kept repeating the holy name "Hari, Hari"
- Prahlada sometimes cried, sometimes laughed, sometimes expressed jubilation and sometimes sang loudly because of advancement in Krsna consciousness
- Prakasananda Sarasvati laughed very much to hear this description. Joking and laughing at the brahmana, he began to speak as follows
- Pusa had no sons. When Lord Siva was angry at Daksa, Pusa had laughed at Lord Siva and shown his teeth. Therefore he lost his teeth and had to live by eating only ground flour
- Sankaracarya has described about the seven islands 1,500 years ago. So why the credit should go to Columbus? (laughter) It should go to Sankaracarya
- Seeing the lunar eclipse and laughing, Advaita Acarya and Haridasa Thakura immediately went to the bank of the Ganges and bathed in the river in great jubilation
- Sex life is natural. It does not require any university education how to enjoy sex. They will enjoy it. Nobody... "Nobody is taught how to cry or how to laugh or how to enjoy sex life"
- She (one old woman) began to call God, "God, help me." And God came, "What you want?" "Kindly help me to get this bundle on my head." (laughter) Just see. God came to giving benediction, and she wanted to "Give this bundle again on my head"
- Similarly, Balarama, Sudama and other friends would taste one another's food and laugh. In this way, the friends very jubilantly began to eat their respective preparations brought from home
- So (when the ocean did not consider her appeal of giving back her eggs) the sparrow decided to dry up the ocean. She began to pick out the water in her small beak, and everyone laughed at her for her impossible determination. BG 1972 purports
- Some minor demigods said, "Krsna, whose joking words were once the source of so much laughter for the residents of Braja, has now been attacked by the serpent king, Kaliya, and He has become the object of everyone's overwhelming lamentation"
- Some of these symptoms are dancing, falling down and rolling on the ground, singing and crying very loudly, bodily contortions, loud vibrations, yawning, deep breathing, disregard for others, the frothing of saliva, mad laughter, spitting and hiccups
- Sometimes he (Narada) would laugh very loudly, sometimes he would cry very loudly, sometimes he would remain silent
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to lament by saying, "Where is the rasa dance? Where is that dancing, singing, and laughing? Where is My Lord, Madana-mohana, the enchanter of Cupid?"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wheeled and threw the rod, sometimes over His head, sometimes behind His back, sometimes in front of Him, sometimes to His side and sometimes between His legs. All the people laughed to see this
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would worship Advaita Acarya by chanting the mantra "Whatever You are, You are-but I offer My respects unto You." In addition, the Lord would make some sounds within His mouth that would make Advaita Acarya laugh
- Sri Panca-tattva themselves danced again and again and thus made it easier to drink nectarean love of Godhead. They danced, cried, laughed and chanted like madmen, and in this way they distributed love of Godhead
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami continued: After the demons heard the words of Mohini-murti, who had spoken as if jokingly, they were all very confident. They laughed with gravity, and ultimately they delivered the container of nectar into Her hands
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Prabhupada says, Persons without attainment of the highest perfectional stage of loving service cannot achieve any auspiciousness simply by artificially laughing, crying, or dancing without any spiritual understanding
- Srivasa Thakura then began to dance in ecstatic love. He vibrated sounds by slapping his armpits with the palms of his hands, and he laughed very loudly
- Such crying and laughing (of a child) is enjoyable to the parents and elderly members of the family, so the Lord (Krsna) would simultaneously cry and laugh in this way and merge His devotee-parents in the humor of transcendental pleasure
- Such mad laughing is an expression of the condition of the heart, which is technically called atta-hasa
- Suppose if I say that "I narrated, I gave a speech in the sun planet and forty millions of years before," you'll laugh: "Oh, Swamiji's speaking some nonsense, that forty millions of years before he spoke this Bhagavad-gita in the sun planet"
- Symptoms of unmada are laughing like a madman, dancing, singing, performing ineffectual activities, talking nonsense, running, shouting and sometimes working in contradictory ways
- The calves, seeing that the babies (Krsna and Balarama) were holding them tightly, would also become afraid. Then the ladies would come to rescue the babies and gladly laugh. This was their enjoyment
- The cowherd boys would come out of the water when they saw their own shadows & stand imitating, making caricatures & laughing. They would also go to an empty well and make loud sounds, and when the echo came back, they would call it ill names and laugh
- The exceptional beauty of the laughter of Lord Visnu is that when He smiles His small teeth, which resemble the buds of jasmine flowers, at once become reddish, reflecting His rosy lips
- The fruit of love of Godhead distributed by Caitanya Mahaprabhu is such a great intoxicant that anyone who eats it, filling his belly, immediately becomes maddened by it, and automatically he chants, dances, laughs and enjoys
- The higher stage of ecstasy can be characterized by the following thirteen transcendental activities: (8) breathing heavily, (9) forgetting social conventions, (10) salivating, (11) laughing, (12) aching, (13) coughing
- The laughing sounds, coming one after another, are compared to flowers falling from the creeper of devotion which grows within the heart of the devotee
- The Lord also delivered the tiny ascetic sages called the Valakhilyas when they fell into the water in a cow's hoofprint and Indra was laughing at them
- The Lord then requested Ramananda Raya, "Keep all these talks a secret. Please do not expose them anywhere and everywhere. Since My activities appear to be like those of a madman, people may take them lightly and laugh"
- The luminaries in the heavens were screened by masses of clouds, in which lightning sometimes flashed as though laughing. Darkness reigned everywhere, and nothing could be seen
- The people said, "Simply by seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, everyone is maddened with love of Krsna. Indeed, everyone is laughing, crying, dancing, chanting and taking the holy name of Krsna"
- The point is that these drawings should be realistic. Not that you make Krishna a cartoon character and therefore laughing stock. And hippy ideas shouldn't be used either
- The proud student community did not become submissive. On the contrary, the students spoke of the incident anywhere and everywhere. In a laughing manner they criticized the Lord
- The remnants of foodstuff left by the husband will be taken by the wife. That means if the husband does not eat, she'll not eat. So those things are now dream only. (laughs) Impossible
- The worshipful Brahma first laughed at their stupidity (they wanted to copulate wih Lord Brahma), but finding the shameless asuras close upon him, he grew indignant and ran in great haste out of fear
- Their only thought is to go out in search of Krsna. When the gopis meet Krsna, the display of their exchanging glances as well as their joking and laughing behavior is called anubhava, or sub-ecstasy in conjugal love
- There are many types of transcendental ecstasies in the forms of crying, laughing, perspiring, falling down, and crying like a madman. All these symptoms are sometimes visible on the body of a devotee
- There are so many so-called sages, that "I live naked. I live in the jungle. I have given up the society." So monkey is doing that. Huh? (laughter) Naked, vegetarian, no home. But the rascal has got at least two dozen wives. That is monkey
- There is no instruction how they are wasting their time, this human form of life, simply by jumping in the water. (laughter) And they are thinking, "I am enjoying, butterfly." You see? They do not know the value of this life
- There is the following example of a mixture of parental love and laughter. A friend of Mother Yasoda told her, "My dear Yasoda, your son has very cunningly stolen a lump of butter from my home"
- These moods (bhavas) bring under control the favorable ecstasies (such as laughing) and unfavorable ecstasies (such as anger). When these moods continue to remain as kings, they are called sthayi-bhava, or permanent ecstasies
- These particular descriptions of meditation on the smile, laughter, face, lips and teeth all indicate conclusively that God is not impersonal. It is described here (in SB 3.28.33) that one should meditate on the laughter or smiling of Visnu
- They (Cowherd boys) were sometimes lying down on the ground, sometimes rolling in the dust, sometimes laughing and sometimes running very swiftly. All of these symptoms gave them the appearance of madmen
- They (Krsna's son) were very silent and steady, and they used to restrain coughing and laughing before the Lord
- They unanimously agreed, "If you offer your daughter to a degraded family, your aristocracy will be lost. When people hear of this, they will make jokes and laugh at you"
- Thinking of Indra's sinful activities, he became mad with lamentation and forgetfulness. Laughing sarcastically, he spoke as follows
- This is material life. We are rounding sometimes this way, sometimes that way, and we are thinking "new." (devotees laugh) Ei rupe brahmanda bhramite kona
- This is preaching. Flatter, fall down on his feet, and eulogize him, as great intelligent, great rich. then he may little hear. And when he says, "What do you want?" "Now, (laughter) I want this, sir. Whatever rascaldom you have learned, please forget
- Those who are in the mode of goodness think that each and every person is God, and thus they laugh at the pure devotees, who try to engage in the transcendental loving service of the Lord
- Thus they dance, sing and laugh like madmen, and they instruct everyone, "Just be loving servants of Lord Caitanya"
- To chant the holy name of Krsna one does not need to speculate on the philosophical aspects of the science of God, for one automatically becomes ecstatic and without consideration immediately chants, dances, laughs, cries and sings just like a madman
- Unfortunate, foolish persons, not knowing that he is engaged in his own self, laugh at him. Such foolish persons engage in maintaining the body - which is eatable by dogs - with dresses, ornaments, garlands and ointments
- Upon hearing this (request of Nanda Maharaja), the palmist began to smile, and Nanda Maharaj asked him, "My dear sir, why are you laughing, and why are you covering your face?"
- Upon hearing this, Mother Yasoda shook her curved eyebrows. She could only look at her friend with a smiling face. May Mother Yasoda bless everyone with this smiling attitude. In this example the whole is the parental love, and the part is the laughter
- Upon seeing these childhood pastimes of Lord Krsna, the gopis would be merged in transcendental bliss. In their enjoyment they would laugh very loudly
- Very strong knot: "Oh, you are mine. I am yours." (laughter) "You are mine. I am yours." In this way they pull on this material life. And then, gradually, "Now we must have good apartment to live and enjoy sex life"
- Vit means stool. Sva-vid-varaha-ustra. Ustra means camel, and khara means ass. So these grhamedhis they have been described as the sva, vid-varaha, ustra, khara. Bhagavata is very strong (laughs) in criticizing
- We cannot expect that our temples will become places of shelter for so many widows and rejected wives, that will be a great burden and we shall become the laughingstock in the society
- We dance, we cry, we chant, we laugh not artificially. But Krsna consciousness is so nice. As you begin to chant, naturally you feel for dancing. So it is not taught artificially. It comes simultaneously with development of Krsna consciousness
- What you will do with money? If there is no grain, then will you eat money? (laughter)
- When a person chants constantly, he exhibits transcendental ecstasies and sometimes laughs, sometimes cries, sings and dances - not exactly in an artistic way, but just like a madman
- When a person is actually advanced & takes pleasure in chanting the holy name of the Lord, who is very dear to him, he is agitated, loudly chants the holy name. He also laughs, cries, becomes agitated, chants just like a madman, not caring for outsiders
- When a person is actually advanced and takes pleasure in chanting God's holy name, who is very dear to him, he is agitated & loudly chants the holy name. He laughs, cries, becomes agitated & chants like a madman, not caring for outsiders - CC Antya 3.179
- When a person is actually advanced and takes pleasure in chanting God's holy name, who is very dear to him, he is agitated & loudly chants the holy name. He laughs, cries, becomes agitated & chants like a madman, not caring for outsiders - CC Adi 7.94
- When a smiling person claps his hands and leaps in the air, the smiling expression changes into atihasita, or overwhelming laughter. An example of atihasita was manifested in the following incident
- When all the ladies saw this fun, they enjoyed laughing and called the Lord "Gaurahari." From then on, Gaurahari became another of His names
- When all the members of the royal assembly, including King Ugrasena, heard this message (Paundraka invited Krsna to a battle) sent by Paundraka, they laughed very loudly for a considerable time
- When everyone laughed, Duryodhana felt very insulted, and his bodily hairs stood up in anger. Being thus insulted, he immediately left the palace, bowing his head. He was silent and did not protest
- When he heard Advaita Acarya's statement, Jagadananda Pandita began to laugh, and when he returned to Jagannatha Puri, Nilacala, he informed Caitanya Mahaprabhu of everything
- When Krsna appeared before the boys, they thought, "Krsna has returned within a minute." They began to laugh, thinking that Krsna was not willing to leave their lunchtime company
- When Krsna was fleeing away from the battlefield, from a distant place Jarasandha was watching Him with restless eyes and was feeling very proud. Being thus puffed up with his conquest, he was repeatedly laughing. This is an example of aparasa
- When Kubja caught hold of Krsna's yellow garment because she was feeling almost lusty with sex urge, Krsna simply bowed down His head with His cheeks glowing in front of the many people who were standing there and laughing
- When Lord Krsna disclosed their disguise, King Jarasandha laughed very loudly, and then in great anger and in a grave voice he exclaimed, "You fools! If you want to fight with me, I immediately grant your request"
- When Madhavendra Puri was overwhelmed in the ecstasy of love of Godhead, he sometimes stood up and sometimes fell to the ground. Sometimes he laughed, danced and sang. In this way he enjoyed transcendental bliss by seeing the Jagannatha Deity
- When my father was angry and he laughed sarcastically at the demigods, they were immediately vanquished simply by seeing the movements of his eyebrows. Yet my father, who was so powerful, has now been vanquished by You within a moment
- When Nityananda Prabhu heard this order from the servant of Ramacandra Khan, He became very angry and came out. Laughing very loudly, He spoke as follows
- When one actually develops love of Godhead, he naturally sometimes cries, sometimes laughs, sometimes chants and sometimes runs here and there just like a madman
- When present before Krsna, they (Krsna's sons) bowed down on the ground. They were very silent and steady, and they used to restrain coughing and laughing before the Lord
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the great gardener, sees that people are chanting, dancing and laughing and that some of them are rolling on the floor and some are making loud humming sounds, He smiles with great pleasure
- When the kings of the Yadu dynasty heard the taunt they laughed at him, and Garga Muni became angry at the Yadu kings. He decided that he would produce someone who would be very fearful to the Yadu dynasty
- When the poetic champion was thus defeated, all the Lord's disciples sitting there began to laugh loudly. But Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked them not to do so, and He addressed the poet as follows
- When the Queen cried, he also cried, and when the Queen laughed, he also laughed. When the Queen talked loosely, he also talked loosely, and when the Queen walked, the King walked behind her
- When they (the gopis) saw Krsna returning, all their anxieties were immediately relieved, and they began to look at His face the way drones hover over the honey of the lotus flower. When Krsna entered the village, the young gopis smiled and laughed
- While I was asleep, the lion jumped on my chest, laughing fiercely and gnashing His teeth
- While Krsna was joking in this way with the damsels of Braja, who with great hope had come to enjoy the rasa dance with Him, Subala was also on the scene, and he began to look at Krsna with wide and laughing eyes
- While Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was in this ecstasy, Gopinatha Acarya was very pleased. The associates of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu all laughed to see the Bhattacarya dance so
- While traveling, I (Vidyadhara, the serpent) saw a great sage named Angira. He was very ugly, and because I was very proud of my beauty, I laughed at him. Due to this sinful act, I was condemned by the great sage to assume the form of a serpent
- While walking, the (cowherd) boys sometimes imitated the quacking sound of the swans in the lakes, or when they saw the peacocks dancing, they imitated them before Krsna. Krsna also moved His neck, imitating the dancing and making His friends laugh
- With a laugh full of deep significance, the worshipful Brahma evolved by his own loveliness, which seemed to enjoy itself by itself, the hosts of Gandharvas and Apsaras
- With devotion steeped in love and affection, the yogi should meditate within the core of his heart upon the laughter of Lord Visnu. The laughter of Visnu is so captivating that it can be easily meditated upon
- With the ecstasy of compassion in devotional service a mixture of anger or parental love is compatible, whereas a mixture of laughter, conjugal love or astonishment is always incompatible
- With the ecstasy of devotion in conjugal love a mixture of laughter or fraternity is compatible
- With the ecstasy of fraternal love a mixture of conjugal love, laughter or chivalry is highly compatible. With the same fraternal love, a mixture of dread or parental love is most incompatible
- Without taking to the devotional service, life is very, very risky. Risky means now we can dance and laugh because we have got this human form of life. But after death we do not know. We do not know unless we are very much cautious
- Yes, I am still brave. (laughter) Otherwise how could I come alone to preach Krsna consciousness? I am still brave
- Yes, if I ask my servant that "You ask me to get up at seven o'clock," that does not mean.... (laughter)
- You are all chanting sixteen rounds? No? (laughs)
- You are not thinking it is hellish? This is hellish planet. What do you mean by hellish planet? Especially this London, (laughter) always dark and moist, and what do you want more, hellish?
- You laugh at us when you see us awake at night, but why are you not sleeping? You seem absorbed in thoughts of Krsna. Have you also been pierced by Krsna’s smile? His smile is very sweet. One who is pierced by such an arrow is very fortunate
- You should keep your wife always covered. (laughter) Don't allow this miniskirt or minishirt. (laughter) According to Vedic civilization, respectable woman cannot be seen even by the sun
- You'll see Krsna as lion when He'll ultimately come and capture you, "Ow!" (laughter) That is death. Atheist will see Krsna as death, and theist, devotee, will see Krsna as lover. Hare Krsna