This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Krsna and His Wife - Laksmana (20 P)
Pages in category "Laksmana"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- After this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to a holy place known as Ciyadatala, where He saw the Deities of the two brothers Lord Ramacandra and Laksmana. He then proceeded to Tila-kanci, where He saw the temple of Lord Siva
- Another of His incarnations, Laksmana, who is very beautiful and opulent, always serves Lord Rama
- As a younger brother He (Laksmana) could not stop Lord Rama from His resolution, and so He remained silent, although unhappy in His mind
- Laksmana said, "All the princes who tried to pierce the target were disappointed, being baffled in their attempts, and some candidates even left the place without making an attempt"
- Laksmana said, "As soon as I placed my garland on the neck of the Lord, there sounded immediately the combined vibration of mrdangas, pataha and anaka drums, conchshells, kettledrums and other instruments, causing a tumultuous sound"
- Laksmana said, "At that time the vibration of ‘Jaya! Jaya!’ was heard all over the world, and from the sky came sounds of drums beaten by the denizens of heaven"
- Laksmana said, "At that time, I entered the arena of competition, and the ankle bells on my legs sounded very melodious as I walked"
- Laksmana said, "Each of them (princes) desired to win me as his wife, and one after another they raised the bow and arrow left there for piercing the fish"
- Laksmana said, "Expecting opposition from the princes, He armored Himself and took up His bow, named Sarnga, and then our celebrated driver, Daruka, drove the beautiful chariot, without a moment’s delay, toward the city of Dvaraka"
- Laksmana said, "Great demigods were overwhelmed with joy and showered flowers on the earth"
- Laksmana said, "His (Arjuna) arrow at least touched the fish, and so he proved himself better than all the other princes"
- Laksmana said, "In great happiness he (Laksmana's father) began to distribute to friends and relatives various kinds of gifts, such as valuable garments, ornaments, bedsteads and sitting carpets"
- Laksmana said, "In the presence of all the princes, I was carried away very quickly, exactly as a deer is carried away from the flock by a lion"
- Laksmana said, "Many (princes) could not even join the bowstring to the two ends of the bow, and without attempting to pierce the fish, they simply left the bow as it was and went away"
- Laksmana said, "My dear Queen, at that time I could guess that in my previous life I must have performed some wonderfully pious activity, and as a result I can in this life be one of the maidservants in the house of the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- Laksmana said, "My dear Queen, you will be surprised to know that at my svayamvara meeting there were many famous kings and heroes present"
- Laksmana said, "Some of the princes, however, wanted to check our progress, and thus, equipped with proper weapons, they opposed us, just as dogs try to oppose the progressive march of a lion"
- Laksmana said, "The celebrated hero of the Pandavas, Arjuna, was able to see the reflection of the fish on the water, but although with great care he traced out the location of the fish and shot an arrow, he did not pierce the fish in the right spot"
- Laksmana said, "The difference between the competition in your svayamvara and mine was that in yours the fish was hanging openly on the ceiling, in clear view, but in mine the fish was covered and could be seen only by its reflection in a pot of water"
- Laksmana said, "The news of this device spread all over the world, and when the princes heard of it they arrived at my father’s capital city from all directions, fully equipped with armor and guided by their military instructors"
- Laksmana said, "The Supreme Personality of Godhead then entered the most celebrated city of the universe, Dvaraka, and as He entered the city He appeared like the shining sun"
- Laksmana said, "The whole city of Dvaraka was profusely decorated on that occasion. There were so many flags and festoons and gates all over Dvaraka that the sunshine could not even enter the city"
- Laksmana said, "While the music played, expert male and female dancers began to dance, and singers began to sing sweetly"
- Later the Lord went to Camtapura, where He saw the Deities of Lord Ramacandra and Laksmana. He then went to Sri Vaikuntha and saw the temple of Lord Visnu there
- Lord Rama is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and His brothers, namely Bharata, Laksmana and Satrughna, are His plenary expansions. All four brothers are visnu-tattva and were never ordinary human beings
- Lord Ramacandra and His brothers, Laksmana, Bharata and Satrughna, are all visnu-tattva
- Lord Ramacandra wandered in the forest with His brother Laksmana as if very much distressed due to separation from His wife. Thus He showed by His personal example the condition of a person attached to women
- Lord Ramacandra, surrounded by Laksmana and monkey soldiers like Sugriva, Hanuman, Gandhamada, Nila, Angada, Jambavan and Panasa, attacked the soldiers of the Raksasas, who were fully equipped with various invincible weapons like swords, lances
- Sri Rama and Sri Laksmana, who are plenary portions of Lord Krsna and Balarama respectively, entered into Them at the time of Krsna's and Balarama's appearance
- Sri Rama and Sri Laksmana, who are plenary portions of Lord Krsna and Lord Balarama respectively, entered into Them at the time of Krsna's and Balarama's appearance
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami said: My dear King, in Kimpurusa-varsa the great devotee Hanuman is always engaged with the inhabitants of that land in devotional service to Lord Ramacandra, the elder brother of Laksmana and dear husband of Sitadevi
- Striking their breasts in affliction because their husbands had been killed by the arrows of Laksmana, the women embraced their respective husbands and cried piteously in voices appealing to everyone
- When Laksmana brings all the vegetables, fruits and roots from the forest, Sita will do the necessary cooking
- When Laksmana, the younger brother of Lord Ramacandra, heard of this, He immediately engaged Himself in the service of His elder brother and accepted His orders. The order of the spiritual master must be obeyed without consideration
- When Maharaja Dasaratha ruled Ayodhya, the great sage Visvamitra once came to him to take away Lord Ramacandra and Laksmana to the forest to kill a demon
- When Ramacandra entered the forest and Laksmana was also absent, the worst of the Raksasas, Ravana, kidnapped Sitadevi, the daughter of the King of Videha, just as a tiger seizes unprotected sheep when the shepherd is absent
- When Sitadevi was kidnapped, Lord Ramacandra, accompanied by Laksmana, searched for her throughout the forest. In the course of this search, They met Jatayu