This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Lady"
The following 187 pages are in this category, out of 187 total.
- A chaste wife like Gandhari would feel the separation of her husband to be more burning than actual fire. Such a lady can observe the sati rite voluntarily, and there is no criminal force by anyone
- A sweeper woman commanded the respect of many respectable gentlemen simply by manifesting a lady's shyness. Half-naked ladies in the street do not command any respect, but a shy sweeper's wife commands respect from all
- Absorbed in the thought of the transcendental qualities of the Lord (Krsna), who is glorified in select poetry, the ladies on the roofs of all the houses of Hastinapura began to talk of Him. This talk was more attractive than the hymns of the Vedas
- Accepting the prayers of Srimati Kuntidevi, the Lord (Krsna) subsequently informed other ladies of His departure by entering the palace of Hastinapura. But upon preparing to leave, He was stopped by King Yudhisthira, who implored Him lovingly
- After His separation from Vrndavana and the innocent rural cowherd boys, girls, ladies and others, they all felt shock throughout their lives, and the separation of Radharani, the most beloved cowherd girl, is beyond expression
- After retirement everyone expects to live a very comfortable life in a well-furnished home decorated with fine ladies and children, without any desire to get out of such a comfortable home
- After this ritualistic ceremony, the ladies offered the remnants of the food to Rukmini as prasadam, which she accepted with great respect. Then Rukmini offered her obeisances to the ladies and to goddess Durga
- All of them (ladies) heard of Him and His great activities, and thus they thought of Him, talked of Him, His name, fame, etc., and became affectionate also, like those who were in direct contact
- All sorts of respectable brahmana gentlemen and ladies, carrying plates filled with various gifts, came with their presentations. Seeing the newborn child, whose form resembled natural glaring gold, all of them happily offered their blessings
- All the friendly ladies who came to see the child would chant the holy names, "Hari, Hari!" as soon as the child would cry
- All the ladies at the arena said, "My dear boy (Krsna) - please leave this place immediately! Please leave this place immediately! Don't You see the big elephants coming to attack You? Your innocent gazing upon them is causing us too much perturbation"
- All these ladies went to the road the Lord was taking and remained there in a line. That evening, the Lord departed with His devotees
- Although her position was unique from all points of view, saintly Devahuti, in spite of all her possessions, which were envied even by the ladies of the heavenly planets, gave up all such comforts. She was only sorry that her son was separated from her
- Although such ladies might not have been very learned scholars in Sanskrit or otherwise, still whatever they spoke was more attractive than the Vedic hymns
- Another lady in the assembly addressed her friend, "Dear friend, just imagine how fortunate is the land of Vrndavana, where the S P of God Himself is present, always decorated with flower garlands engaged in tending cows along with His brother, Balarama"
- Another lady in the assembly spoke out, "My dear friends, just look at the face of Krsna. There are drops of perspiration on His face from chasing His enemy, and His face appears like a lotus flower with drops of water"
- Another lady said, "Don't you see how the face of Lord Balarama has turned especially beautiful? There is a reddish hue on His white face because He is engaged in a strenuous wrestling match with Mustika"
- Arjuna, who is guided by the infallible Lord as friend and driver, thus satisfied the dear lady by such statements. Then he dressed in armor and armed himself with furious weapons, and getting into his chariot, he set out to follow Asvatthama
- As a woman Gandhari could have remained at home or at her father's house, but as a chaste and gentle lady she followed her husband (to the Himalayas) without consideration
- As Krsna passed through the street, all the ladies and women regarded Him with eyes bright with great affection
- As there are airplanes, ladies and gentlemen, so there must be cities and houses and everything else just suitable to the particular planets
- Being compassionate and favoring Krsna and Balarama, the many ladies in the audience began to talk as follows, "Dear friends, there is injustice here." Another said, "Even in front of the King this wrestling is going on between incompatible sides"
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura writes in this connection that Sri Radha-kunda is the most select place for those interested in advancing their devotional service in the wake of the lady friends (sakhis) and confidential serving maids (manjaris) of Radharani
- Both Prthu Maharaja's airplane and the airplane carrying Queen Arci were passing out of the vision of the ladies of the higher planetary systems. These ladies were simply astonished to see how Prthu Maharaja and his wife achieved such an exalted position
- By transformation of the false ego in passion, intelligence takes birth, O virtuous lady. The functions of intelligence are to help in ascertaining the nature of objects when they come into view, and to help the senses
- Devotee lady
- Draupadi could not tolerate Asvatthama's being bound by ropes, and being a devoted lady, she said: Release him, release him, for he is a brahmana, our spiritual master
- Dressing themselves as the wives of brahmanas, all the celestial ladies, including the wives of Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Lord Nrsimha-deva, King Indra and Vasistha Rsi, along with Rambha, a dancing girl of heaven, came there with varieties of gifts
- Each of the family members pours out a potful of the Ganges water for the departed soul and walks in a procession, with the ladies in the front
- Especially during the days of the Jhulana and Janmastami ceremonies, the ladies of India still throng up in the greatest number at the temple of the Lord, where His transcendental eternal form is worshiped
- Even in the houses of the cultivators, who were not very advanced in the modern ways of civilization, the ladies used to know how to chant mantras to give protection to children with the help of cow dung and cow urine
- Gandhari was an ideal chaste lady, a life companion of her husband, and therefore when she saw her husband burning in the fire of mystic yoga along with his cottage of leaves, she despaired
- Gandhari: The ideal chaste lady in the history of the world. She was the daughter of Maharaja Subala, the King of Gandhara (now Kandahar in Kabul), and in her maiden state she worshiped Lord Siva
- Govinda, or Lord Krsna, is the cause of Maha-Visnu also. The ladies talking about this Vedic truth must have heard it from authoritative sources
- Half-naked ladies in the street do not command any respect, but a shy sweeper's wife commands respect from all
- He (Dhrtarastra) was no longer attracted to so-called wife or relatives, and he decided to start alone, but as a chaste lady Gandhari decided to follow her husband till the last moment
- He then went outside the house and immediately brought two coconuts. All the ladies were astonished to see such wonderful activities
- I am always showing your paintings in Krsna Book to respectable Indian gentlemen and ladies and they are very much impressed that my American disciples have taken to this process with so much love and determination
- I feel obliged to this benevolent lady in so many ways for her helping this Krishna Consciousness Movement. I wish that Lord Krishna may give her a long life fully engaged in the service of the Lord
- I sometimes think of your mother. She is a nice lady and has good potency for improving in Krishna Consciousness. From the child's mentality the mother's mentality is judged and vice-versa
- I thank you very much for this your service. You are a good lady and a good devotee. Your willingness to serve shows what is your progress in Krsna consciousness
- I was surprised when I came to your country. I saw young girls and ladies, they have no bangles, no ornaments. At least, I was surprised. And smoking cigarettes. What is this opulence?
- If I am in renounced, I am naked, I eat, only eat fruit, and I live within jungle, and I have got many lady monkeys with me, oh, what sort of renouncement that is? That is not... That is called "monkey renouncement"
- If we want to perform real yoga system, then it is very difficult. Nobody... We are sitting here, so many ladies and gentlemen, is it possible for us to live alone in a secluded place in a mountain?
- If you all, ladies and gentlemen present here, take advantage of hearing about God from this institution, you will also become God conscious
- In accordance with the Vedic custom, they (the ladies and girls of Mathura) took yogurt mixed with fresh green grass and strewed it here and there to make the victory jubilation even more auspicious
- In India the system is that all the ladies and gentlemen who come in the morning to visit the temple bring so many things. Even one morsel of rice or one morsel of flour can be offered
- In modern times, girls and ladies have ornaments made of plastic instead of gold, and plastic utensils are used instead of golden ones, yet people are very proud of their material wealth
- In the arena of Kamsa, when Krsna was attacked by big elephants, all of the ladies present began to address Him in this way
- In the madhurya-rasa, characterized by conjugal love, one can become like Srimati Radharani or Her lady friends such as Lalita and Her serving maids (manjaris) like Rupa and Rati
- In this fallen age it is not possible for any lady to follow the sati rite as chastely as it was done by Gandhari and others in past ages
- In this verse (SB 4.22.63) the words strinam and ramah are significant. It is the practice amongst ladies to hear and enjoy the praises of certain heroes
- Incident from the Mahabharata period proves definitely that the ladies of the palace observed strict parda (restricted association with men)
- Instead of coming down in the open air where Lord Krsna and others were assembled, the ladies of the palace went up on the top of the palace and from there paid their respects to Lord Krsna by showers of flowers
- It is definitely stated here that the ladies were smiling there on the top of the palace, checked by shyness
- It is pleasing to me that the Gujarati ladies and gentlemen who are in San Francisco, they should take keen interest in this movement because superficially or from the historical point of view, Krishna was a Gujarati
- Kasyapa Muni said: O beautiful woman, O irreproachable lady, since I am very much pleased by your behavior, you may ask me for any benediction you want
- Krsna attracts even the mind of the goddess of fortune. He attracts, in special cases, the minds of young girls. He attracts the minds of the elderly ladies by paternal affection. He attracts the mind of the male in the humors of servitude & friendship
- Ladies and gentlemen, I thank you very much for your coming here and participate in this great movement. So this evening I shall present before you topics between Krsna and Arjuna. I think most of you know the Bhagavad-gita
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the President, I am very much thankful to you that you are eager to hear about what Krsna wants to speak. Krsna is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Ladies who were the wives and daughters-in-law of those who died in the battlefield never came in direct contact with Krsna
- Lord Kapila, the Personality of Godhead, replied: O noble lady, there are multifarious paths of devotional service in terms of the different qualities of the executor
- Lord Krsna attracts the minds of all young girls and elderly ladies by His childlike activities. He also attracts the minds of His friends by His friendly activities. When He appeared in Vrndavana, He even attracted the birds, beasts, trees and plants
- Lord Krsna delightfully offered His respects and obeisances to Kunti and other elder ladies of the palace
- Motherly gopis, just like Yasoda and ladies, offer their, loving Krsna as son, and the younger girls, they're loving Krsna as husband, as lover. So in this way in Vrndavana there are different transcendental mellows of loving affairs
- My dear gentle lady, follow this ritualistic vow, strictly observing the regulative principles. By this process, the Supreme Person will very soon be pleased with you and will satisfy all your desires
- My dear respectable ladies and gentlemen, according to the authoritative statements of sastra, there must be a supreme authority who is able to award the respective benefits of our present activities
- Nakula and Sahadeva (the younger brothers of the King) and also Satyaki, Arjuna, the Personality of Godhead Lord Sri Krsna, son of Devaki, and the ladies and others all unanimously agreed with the King
- Now when they actually saw Krsna and Balarama passing on the street and saw Them sweetly smiling, the ladies' joy reached the point of ecstasy
- O gentle lady, it is the essence of all austerities, and it is the process of giving charity and pleasing the supreme controller
- O great-minded lady, are all your sons faring well? Seeing your withered face, I can perceive that your mind is not tranquil. How is this so?
- O lady, even if someone inquires, you should not disclose this fact to anyone. That which is very confidential is successful if kept secret
- O most auspicious lady, one should perform all the ceremonies under the direction of learned acaryas and should satisfy them and their priests. By distributing prasada, one should also satisfy the brahmanas and others who have assembled
- O most fortunate lady, establishing your mind in a good spirit, execute this process of payo-vrata and thus worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Kesava, who is inexhaustible
- O My mother, O virtuous lady, these are the qualities of great devotees who are free from all attachment. You must seek attachment to such holy men, for this counteracts the pernicious effects of material attachment
- One day when Krsna was engaged in stealing butter and yogurt in the house of Jatila, He assured His friends, "My dear friends, I know that this old lady is now sleeping very profoundly because she is breathing very deeply"
- One lady is prepared to donate a nice piece of land and $50,000 for erecting a Radha-Krsna Temple. That is very encouraging. If it is a fact, then I can go there for laying down the foundation stone and from there it may be easier to go to Sydney
- One lady told another, "My dear friends, we must accept the activities of the gopis to be the highest form of piety; otherwise, how could they have achieved the opportunity of seeing Krsna both morning and evening"
- One may ask, Since the Supreme Lord is the original father of all living entities, how could a lady known as Devaki give birth to Him as her son? The answer is that Devaki no more gave birth to the Lord than the eastern horizon gives birth to the sun
- One old lady, she used to come to my class. So she had a son. So I asked, "Why don't you get your son married?" "Oh, if he can maintain a wife, I have no objection." Just to maintain a wife is a great job in this age
- Other ladies were also forcibly taken away by Him (Krsna) after He killed Bhaumasura and thousands of his assistants. All of these ladies are glorious
- Out of a loving desire to see the Lord, the royal ladies of the Kurus got up on top of the palace, and smiling with affection and shyness, they showered flowers upon the Lord
- She (Draupadi) could not tolerate Asvatthama's being bound by ropes, and being a devoted lady, she said: Release him, for he is a brahmana, our spiritual master
- She (Draupadi) is described as a most beautiful lady, equal to her mother-in-law, Kunti. During her birth there was an aeromessage that she should be called Krsna
- She (Rukmini) also offered fruits, sugarcane, betel nuts and spices. With great devotion, Rukmini offered them to the deity (Durga) according to the regulative principles, directed by the old brahmana ladies
- Sikhi Mahiti's sister was named Madhavi-devi. She was an elderly lady who always performed austerities. She was very advanced in devotional service
- Sisupala said, "Ladies and gentlemen, I can appreciate now the statement of the Vedas that, after all, time is the predominating factor"
- So far as the lady psychiatrist making tests with our children, you should know that our children are fireproof and waterproof due to Krishna Consciousness so there is no harm for them. Let them test if they wish, we shall come out successful
- Some of them (ladies) had been taking their lunch, but as soon as they heard that Krsna and Balarama were in the city, they left their eating and ran to the roofs
- Some of them (ladies) placed their clothes in the wrong place. Some anointed their eyes on one side only, some wore ankle bells only on one leg or wore only one earring. In great haste, not even decorated properly, they went to see Krsna from the roofs
- Some of them (ladies) were in the bathroom taking their baths, but without properly finishing their baths, they went to see Krsna and Balarama. Some were engaged in feeding their children breast milk, but they put their babies aside and went to see them
- Some of these ladies were very old and knew perfectly well how to chant prayers to goddess Durga and Lord Siva; so, followed by Rukmini and others, they led these prayers before the deity
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami has explained that in the beginning all the ladies of the palace, who were all mothers and stepmothers of Pradyumna, mistook him to be Krsna and were all bashful, infected by the desire for conjugal love
- Such an enlightened lady (Kunti) could not commit a mistake by offering obeisances unto her nephew (Krsna). Therefore, she addressed Him as the original purusa beyond the material cosmos
- Such transcendentally beautiful ladies, their hands playing with lotuses and their leg bangles tinkling, are sometimes seen sweeping the marble walls, which are bedecked at intervals with golden borders, in order to receive the grace of the SPG
- Sukadeva Gosvami appeared very innocent because he was transcendental to sex relations. The ladies, by their special qualifications, could sense this at once, and therefore they were not very concerned about him
- Sukadeva Gosvami was a young boy sixteen years old, and therefore all the parts of his body were developed. He was naked also, and so were the ladies
- Suta Gosvami said: Thereafter the Pandavas, desiring to deliver water to the dead relatives who had desired it, went to the Ganges with Draupadi. The ladies walked in front
- Sympathetic good lady as she was, Srimati Draupadi did not want to put the wife of Dronacarya in the same position of childlessness, both from the point of motherly feelings and from the respectable position held by the wife of Dronacarya
- The bodies are according to my desire. I am desiring something. Just like here we are sitting, so many ladies and gentlemen, but not one of them is similar to anyone else. They have got different bodies. That body is created according to one's desire
- The chaste lady Sati, the daughter of Daksa, heard the heavenly denizens flying in the sky conversing about the great sacrifice being performed by her father
- The children of these ladies (the queens of Dvaraka) are Pradyumna, Samba, Amba, etc: Ladies like Rukmini, Satyabhama and Jambavati were forcibly taken away by Him (Krsna) from their svayamvara ceremonies after He defeated many powerful kings
- The demigods who were present also began to offer beautiful prayers to Krsna. & the ladies and girls present expressed their joy from all corners of the arena. In other words, there was no one in that particular place with whom Krsna was not very popular
- The gopis began to imagine the great functions in the city of Mathura. Krsna would pass through the streets, and the ladies and young girls of the city would see Him from the balconies of their respective houses
- The great sages meditated. Hot tears were in the eyes of Devaki and other motherly ladies, and hairs stood on the bodies of the expert warriors. There was astonishment in the hearts of demigods such as Indra
- The ground on the Vaikuntha planets is made of touchstone. Thus there is no need to sweep the stone in Vaikuntha, for there is hardly any dust on it, but still, in order to satisfy the Lord, the ladies there always engage in dusting the marble walls
- The ladies are as beautiful as lightning because of their celestial complexions, and all these combined together appear just like the sky decorated with both clouds and lightning
- The ladies continued, "Persons who are aware of the civilized principles of justice will not remain to watch this unfair match"
- The ladies continued, "Those taking part in watching this wrestling match are not very much enlightened; therefore whether they speak or remain silent, they are being subjected to the reactions of sinful activities"
- The ladies had lost their sense of enjoyment. They could not encourage the fighting between the strong and the weak
- The ladies in the higher planetary systems were capable of seeing both downward and upward
- The ladies in the Vaikuntha planets are as beautiful as the goddess of fortune herself
- The ladies in the Vaikuntha planets are as beautiful as the goddess of fortune herself. Such transcendentally beautiful ladies, their hands playing with lotuses and their leg bangles tinkling, are sometimes seen sweeping the marble walls
- The ladies must be clearly informed that we are not at all interested to be dictated by them. We cannot construct a meditation hall with Sarasvati and Ganesa or create a library with hodgepodge books
- The ladies of the palace, who were blessed with beautiful teeth and the most wonderfully beautiful faces, walked here and there in the palace, their ankle bells tinkling melodiously, and saw their own beautiful reflections in the gems
- The ladies or men who observe festivals in the temples of the Lord just to have a look at the transcendental form are a thousand times more glorious than those who are nonbelievers in the transcendental form of the Lord
- The ladies who were bathing could understand the mind of a man simply by studying his demeanor, just as by looking at a child one can understand how innocent he is
- The ladies' talks appeared to be more valuable than the learned brahmanas' benedictions
- The ladies, who were all absorbed in the thought and actions of the Lord, developed the consciousness of Vedic wisdom by the grace of the Lord
- The lady continued, "He (Krsna) is always accompanied by His cowherd boyfriends, and He plays His transcendental flute"
- The lady continued, "In the morning when He goes to the pasturing ground with His cows and cowherd boyfriends, and in the evening when He returns with them, playing on His flute and smiling very brilliantly"
- The lady continued, "The beauty of the Lord is beyond compare. No one is higher than or equal to Him in beauty of complexion or bodily luster"
- The lady continued, "The residents of Vrndavana are fortunate to be able to constantly see the lotus feet of Krsna and Balarama, which are worshiped by great demigods like Lord Siva and by the goddess of fortune"
- The lady continued, "We cannot estimate how many pious activities were executed by the damsels of Vrajabhumi so that they were able to enjoy the Supreme Personality of Godhead by looking upon the unparalleled beauty of His transcendental body"
- The lady continued, "While engaged in cleaning their houses and washing their floors, they (the gopis) are always absorbed in thought of Krsna"
- The Lord caused all the ladies to chant the holy names of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra on the plea of His crying, and while they chanted the Lord would smile
- The neighboring ladies told Him, "Dear child, please bring a coconut from somewhere, and then Your mother will be cured"
- The old lady, Jatila, was not sleeping; so she could not contain her smiling, and her teeth immediately became distinctly visible. This is an instance of vihasita smiling
- The Vaikuntha planets are also surrounded by various airplanes, all glowing and brilliantly situated. These airplanes belong to the great mahatmas or devotees of the Lord. The ladies are as beautiful as lightning because of their celestial complexions
- The Vedic hymns in the Upanisads are sometimes indirectly directed to the Supreme Lord. But the talks of the ladies were directly spoken of the Lord, and thus they were more pleasing to the heart
- The virtuous lady Diti had been very apprehensive of trouble to the gods from the children in her womb, and her husband (Kasyapa) predicted the same. She brought forth twin sons (Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu) after a full one hundred years of pregnancy
- The virtuous lady Diti had been very apprehensive of trouble to the gods from the children in her womb, and her husband predicted the same. She brought forth twin sons after a full one hundred years of pregnancy
- The wife of Srivasa Thakura whose name was Malini, accompanied by the wife of Candrasekhara (Acaryaratna) & other ladies came there in great happiness to worship the baby with paraphernalia such as vermilion, turmeric, oil, fused rice, bananas & coconuts
- The word krta-sirah-snanam appears here (in SB 3.23.31). According to the smrti-sastra's directions for daily duties, ladies are allowed to bathe daily up to the neck
- The word urdhvam ("upward") is significant here, for the ladies speaking were from the higher planetary systems, which include the moon, sun and Venus, up to Brahmaloka, or the highest planet
- There is no need to sweep the stone in Vaikuntha, for there is hardly any dust on it, but still, in order to satisfy the Lord, the ladies there always engage in dusting the marble walls. Why?
- There were hundreds of ladies in the palace of Hastinapura. All of them were affectionate to Krsna. All of them were relatives also
- They (ladies) smeared their tears in their eyes, and their hearts throbbed
- They (ladies) thought, at the same time, that tears at that moment might be a cause of misfortune for Krsna; therefore they wanted to check them
- They (lady) had heard of Krsna, but they had never seen Him, and now their longing was relieved. After going up on the roofs of the palaces of Mathura, the ladies, their faces joyful, began to shower flowers upon Krsna and Balarama
- They (the inhabitants of Mathura) had been awaiting the arrival of Krsna and Balarama with great anxiety, and in their extreme eagerness to see Krsna and Balarama, the ladies did not dress themselves very properly
- They (the ladies) immediately received Lord Krsna with glittering eyes expressing their love and affection for Him, and Lord Krsna smiled and accepted their feelings and gestures of reception
- They are animals. What the dogs will understand? When there is one lady dog, one dozen dog will come. Smelling the best part of the body. This is their philosophy. So Freud is that: best part of the body, he's writing philosophy
- This entering of a chaste lady into the fire of her dead husband is called the sati rite, and the action is considered to be most perfect for a woman
- Throughout the whole universe - in the higher, lower and middle planetary systems - Prthu Maharaja's reputation was loudly declared, and all ladies and saintly persons heard his glories, which were as sweet as the glories of Lord Ramacandra
- Thus as Dhruva Maharaja passed on the road, from every place in the neighborhood all the gentle household ladies assembled to see him, and out of maternal affection they offered their blessings, showering him with white mustard seed, barley
- To a good lady like Draupadi, the matter (of Asvatthama) was considered not from the angle of sastric vision, but as a matter of custom
- To insult a chaste woman means to bring about disaster in the duration of life. Duhsasana, a brother of Duryodhana, insulted Draupadi, an ideal chaste lady, and therefore the miscreants died untimely
- Today there was a television station interview in my apartment. They came with big cameras and microphones, and I played harmonium and one lady interviewed with a few questions
- When a lady takes an ordinary bath it is called mala-snana, and when she takes a full bath, including the head it is called sirah-snana. At this time she needs sufficient oil to smear on her head. That is the direction of the commentators of smrti-sastra
- When all the ladies saw this fun, they enjoyed laughing and called the Lord "Gaurahari." From then on, Gaurahari became another of His names
- When his (Sukadeva's) father passed, the ladies quickly dressed. The ladies were exactly like his children or grandchildren, yet they reacted to the presence of Vyasadeva according to the social custom because Vyasadeva played the part of a householder
- When I was in America in 1966, one American lady asked me to recommend an English edition of Bhagavad-gita. But honestly I could not recommend any one of them, on account of their whimsical explanation. That gave me impetus to write Bhagavad-gita As It Is
- When Krsna entered the palace, all the ladies there were overwhelmed with affection just upon seeing Him. They received Krsna with glittering eyes expressing their love & affection for Him & Krsna smiled & accepted their feelings & gestures of reception
- When Krsna was on the lap of His mother, the demon Putana appeared before His mother and prayed to nurture the child in her lap. Mother Yasoda agreed, and the child was transferred onto the lap of Putana, who was in the garb of a respectable lady
- When Lord Krsna passed over the public roads, all the ladies from the respectable families of Dvaraka went up to the roofs of their palaces just to have a look at the Lord. They considered this to be the greatest festival
- When Lord Krsna was entering the nicely decorated city of Mathura in a festive attitude, the ladies and girls of Mathura prepared different kinds of flower garlands to make the ceremony most auspicious
- When Lord Krsna, the Supersoul of every living being, understood that the ladies in the assembly were anxious for Him, He decided not to continue wrestling but to kill the wrestlers immediately
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the bank of the river Citrotpala to take His bath, all the queens and ladies of the palace offered their obeisances to Him
- When the (sati rite) rite became a formality only and force was applied upon a lady to follow the principle, actually it became criminal, and therefore the ceremony was to be stopped by state law
- When the King heard that the Lord was leaving that evening, he immediately made arrangements for some elephants with small tents on their backs to be brought there. Then all the ladies of the palace got on the elephants
- When the ladies of the city of Dvaraka got up on the roofs of their palaces, they never thought that they had previously many times seen the beautiful body of the infallible Lord. This indicates that they had no satiation in desiring to see the Lord
- When the Lord was on the lap of His mother, He would at once stop crying as soon as the ladies surrounding Him chanted the holy names and clapped their hands. This peculiar incident was observed by the neighbors with awe and veneration
- When the news spread that Krsna, Balarama and the cowherd boys were within Mathura City, all the inhabitants gathered, and the ladies and girls immediately went up to the roofs of the houses to see Them
- When they (ladies) actually saw Them with their eyes, they took Krsna and Balarama within their hearts and began to embrace Them to their fullest desire. Their bodily hairs stood up in ecstasy
- When they (ladies) saw that Krsna was going away from the palace for His native place, they were very anxious for Him, and as usual tears began to roll down their cheeks
- When they (the ladies in the higher planetary systems) looked down they could see that the body of Prthu was being burned and that his wife, Arci, was entering into the fire
- When they (the ladies in the higher planetary systems) looked upward they could see how they were being carried in two airplanes to the Vaikunthalokas. All of this is possible simply by durvibhavyena karmana, inconceivable activity
- When Vasudeva passed away, he (Arjuna) performed his funeral ceremony in the absence of Krsna. While Arjuna was taking all the wives of Krsna to Indraprastha, he was attacked on the way, and he could not protect the ladies in his custody
- While all the ladies vibrated the holy name of Hari on earth, in the heavenly planets dancing and music were going on, for the demigods were very curious
- While the ladies of the capital of Hastinapura were greeting Him and talking in this way, the Lord, smiling, accepted their good greetings, and casting the grace of His glance over them, He departed from the city
- While the ladies on the tops of the houses in the capital of the kings of the Kuru dynasty were talking about the Lord, their talk was more pleasing than the Vedic hymns
- Within the house of Nanda Maharaja, the cowherd ladies would enjoy seeing the pastimes of the babies Rama and Krsna. The babies would catch the ends of the calves' tails, and the calves would drag Them here and there