Category:Krsna and the Ksatriyas
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Krsna and the Ksatriyas"
The following 56 pages are in this category, out of 56 total.
- A brahmanas and ksatriya, er, sannyasis, although they are meant for collecting, they do not collect heavy at a place. Little. Because they are collecting not for his sense gratification. He is collecting for satisfying Krsna. So everyone is given chance
- A ksatriya does not hesitate to kill his own brother. In other words, Balarama wanted to instruct Rukmini that Rukmi, Krsna were right in not showing mercy to each other in the fighting, despite family consideration, they happened to be brothers-in-law
- A ksatriya king is generally accustomed to accept more than one wife; therefore Maharaja Pariksit also inquired about His (Krsna's) number of wives
- According to Vedic civilization, a qualified ksatriya monarch is given the respect of the Lord because he represents the Lord by giving protection to the prajas. Modern elected presidents cannot even give protection from theft cases
- Actually classless society means when these brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra, they work for Krsna. That is classless. That is Krsna consciousness
- Because he (Rukmi) was a ksatriya, he could remember his promise that he would not return to his capital city, Kundina, without killing Krsna and releasing his sister, which he had failed to do
- Because He was raised by Maharaja Nanda, Krsna was not a ksatriya but a vaisya. Vaisyas are generally called guptas, and the word gupta can also be used to mean "hidden"
- Before the advent of Lord Krsna on this earth, it is understood that the earth was managed by the brahmanas and ksatriyas
- Being greatly harassed by the arrows of Krsna, all the associates of Lord Siva - the hobgoblins and ghostly Bhutas, Pretas and ksatriyas - left the battlefield
- Bhima and Arjuna were ksatriyas (warrior-kings). Jarasandha was also a ksatriya and was very charitable toward the brahmanas. Thus Krsna, who had planned to fight with Jarasandha, went to him with Bhima and Arjuna in the dress of brahmanas
- Brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra, brahmacari - varieties. And when the varieties center around Krsna, it becomes beautiful. Krsna center, and the circle, rasa dance, it becomes very beautiful
- Do not consider that Krsna belongs to the Hindu community or Krsna belong to the India or any way, ksatriya, no. He does not belong to any material designation. He is above
- Don't think like that, that "Krsna is Indian, Krsna is Hindu," or like that, or "ksatriya. Therefore He is meant for others." No. Because He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, He is everyone's property
- In the great assembly of respectable citizens, friends, relatives, brahmanas, sages, ksatriyas and vaisyas - in the presence of all, including his brothers - King Yudhisthira directly addressed Lord Krsna as follows
- In their third birth the same Jaya and Vijaya appeared in a family of ksatriyas as your cousins, the sons of your aunt. Because Lord Krsna has struck them with His disc, all their sinful reactions have been destroyed, and now they are free from the curse
- It was Maha-Visnu's plan that the brahmana would accuse the ksatriyas and Krsna, and Krsna would be obliged to come see Him to take back the brahmana's sons
- King Bahulasva and Srutadeva the brahmana were accepted by the Lord on the same level because both were pure devotees. This is the real qualification for being recognized by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Krsna continued, "Such requests by a ksatriya king have been deliberately forbidden by the learned Vedic followers. If a ksatriya breaks this regulation, his action is condemned by learned scholars"
- Krsna continued, "That was not very rightly done. Therefore, since it is better late than never, I advise you that you (Rukmini) may now select one of the great ksatriya princes and accept him as your life's companion, and you may reject Me"
- Krsna induced him (Arjuna) that "You are a ksatriya. It is your duty to fight. Why you are deviating from your duty?"
- Krsna is addressing Arjuna, anarya: "Non-Aryan. You are ksatriya. Your service is now required to fight with persons who have created injustice. So what is this, that you are denying to fight?"
- Krsna replied, "You (Kings) all belong to ksatriya families. Therefore, you should live honestly, according to the prescribed duties befitting the royal order, and make your citizens happy in all respects. Keep to the standard of ksatriya life"
- Krsna said (to Arjuna) that "You are a ksatriya. You are king. It is your duty to fight"
- Krsna says, "It is (varnasrama) introduced by Me for very good management of the social order." Brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra. So Arjuna belonged to the ksatriya family. Therefore his hesitation to fight in the battlefield is not befitting the Aryans
- Krsna went on speaking, "But at least if you utter the name of Balarama, they may prefer to give in charity to a ksatriya rather than to Me, because I am only a vaisya"
- Krsna's fine discretion was exhibited when He was fighting with the untouchable king who attacked the city of Mathura. According to Vedic rites, those who are untouchable are not to be touched by the ksatriya kings, not even for killing
- Lord Krsna and Balarama appeared on this earth to lessen the burden of military strength created by the ambitious ksatriya kings. This is the way of materialistic life: not being satisfied by the absolute necessities of life
- Lord Krsna is engaged on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra as the leader of the ksatriyas because the ksatriyas are duty-bound to give protection to the distressed. BG 1972 purports
- Lord Krsna said, "Even though a ksatriya king may be as powerful as fire, it is not possible for him to usurp the property of a brahmana and utilize it for his own purpose"
- Lord Krsna said, "The proper duty of the vaisya community is agriculture, trade and protection of the cows; and the proper duty of the sudras is service to the higher classes, namely the brahmanas, ksatriyas and vaisyas"
- Lord Krsna then desired to know about the rulers (ksatriyas) in the brahmana's kingdom, so He inquired whether the citizens of the kingdom were all happy. A king's qualification is judged by the temperament of the people in the kingdom
- Lord Krsna was present among His relatives who were members of the ksatriya class. To teach them through the exemplary character of King Nrga, He said
- Maharaja Pariksit was not only a great ksatriya emperor, but also a great devotee of the Lord. Thus he cannot take his birth at any inauspicious moment
- My dear Lord, just as a puppeteer controls his dancing dolls and a husband controls his wife, Your Lordship controls all the living entities in the universe, such as the brahmanas, ksatriyas, vaisyas and sudras
- Narada Muni said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), I shall be able to see how You marry princesses, the daughters of chivalrous kings, by paying the price of ksatriya strength"
- Neither belonged to the brahmana community. Therefore, Krsna considered that the brahmanas engaged in performing sacrifices might not be induced to give charity to a ksatriya and vaisya
- Now you can say that "Arjuna was a fighter, and there was great need of the Kuruksetra fighting, so he satisfied Krsna, but I am a poor man, I am not Ksatriya, not (indistinct)." That doesn't matter
- Rukmi said, "This cowherd boy (Krsna) has become proud of His tricky way of fighting with ksatriyas, today I shall teach Him a good lesson. Because He had the impudence to kidnap my sister, I, with my sharp arrows, shall teach Him good lessons indeed"
- Rukmini knew very well that obtaining the favor of Krsna was not easy. Since even Lord Siva must purify himself for this purpose, surely it would be difficult for Rukmini, who was only the daughter of a ksatriya king
- The complete social construction is the body of the Lord, and all the parts of the body, namely the brahmanas, the ksatriyas, the vaisyas and the sudras, are meant to serve the Lord's whole body conjointly
- The four social orders (intellectual, administrative, mercantile, and laborer) are set by Him (Krsna) according to the qualities these persons have acquired through their actions under the modes of nature
- The intelligent class of men, or the brahmanas, are situated on the face of the Lord; the administrative class of men, the ksatriyas, are situated on the arms of the Lord; the productive class of men, the vaisyas, are situated on the belt of the Lord
- The ksatriya can serve the Supreme Lord by using his military arts, just as Arjuna served Krsna. Arjuna was a warrior; he had no time to study Vedanta or other highly intellectual books
- The ksatriya who dies directly in front of the battlefield under Krsna's personal orders and the person in the renounced order is eligible to enter into the sun-globe, which is so powerful and dazzling. BG 1972 purports
- The Lord said, "My dear King, because you are a ksatriya, you have committed the offense of slaughtering animals, both in hunting and in political engagements"
- The main point is Krsna wants Arjuna that he must fight. He must, he must not deviate from his duty as a ksatriya. He should not be overwhelmed by the bodily destruction
- When all the ksatriya kings assembled saw that a poor brahmana had been garlanded by Draupadi for her lord, Sri Krsna disclosed his identity to Balarama
- When Lord Krsna appears He does so in a family of ksatriyas (kings), as did Lord Ramacandra, and sometimes in a family of brahmanas. But Krsna accepted the role of son to Maharaj Nanda, despite the fact that Nanda belonged to the vaisya community
- You may be a brahmana, you may be a ksatriya, you may be a sudra. It doesn't matter. If you act according to the order of Krsna, by the order of Krsna, then your karma will not entangle you. Because or you are doing according to the order of Krsna
- You may be sannyasi or may be grhastha or may be brahmacari or a brahmana, a ksatriya, or vaisya, sudra. Never mind. Try to satisfy Krsna. Try to please Krsna. Then your life is successful. Otherwise, you are pramatta, mad