Category:Krsna and the Elder Gopis
Pages in category "Krsna and the Elder Gopis"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.
- Although all the elderly gopis knew that Krsna was the son of mother Yasoda, they still desired, If Krsna had become my son, I would also have taken care of Him like mother Yasoda. This was their inner ambition
- Although He (Krsna) was the supremely powerful Personality of Godhead, He would smile and dance according to their (the gopis') desire, as if He were a wooden doll in their hands. Sometimes He would sing very loudly, at their bidding - SB 10.11.7
- Although Putana was an evil spirit, she gained elevation just like the mother of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It is clear that the cows and the elder gopis who offered milk to Krsna were also elevated to the transcendental position
- Although Sri Krsna, the Supreme Godhead, is the master of all and was certainly Gokulesvara, the master of Gokula, He was bound to the wooden mortar by the ropes of the gopis - SB 10.10.39
- Although the cows and elder gopis of Vrndavana had greater affection for Krsna than for their own offspring, after this incident their affection for their offspring increased unlimitedly, exactly as it did for Krsna
- If we (the elder gopis) keep our stock of yogurt, butter and milk in a solitary dark place, your Krsna and Balarama find it in the darkness by the glaring effulgence of the ornaments and jewels on Their bodies
- In this way (the gopis encouraged Krsna in different ways, He would then smile and dance according to their desire, as if He were a wooden doll in their hands), Krsna came completely under the control of the gopis - SB 10.11.7
- Mother Yasoda would inform them (the elder gopis, "All right, keep your butter and yogurt carefully so that They (Krsna and Balarama) may not reach it"
- Mother Yasoda's friends, the elderly gopis in the neighborhood, were smiling and enjoying the fun. Similarly, mother Yasoda, although laboring in that way (trying to bind Krsna), was also smiling. All of them were struck with wonder - 10.9.17
- Nanda Maharaja smiled to hear about the extraordinary abilities of his son. He came forward and untied the knot just to free his wonderful child. After being freed by Nanda Maharaja, Krsna was taken onto the laps of the elder gopis
- Not only did Lord Krsna give Yasoda the chance to feed Him, but this time He gave the chance to all the elder gopis
- Sometimes all the gopis would look at Krsna sitting there, His eyes fearful so that His mother would not chastise Him - SB 10.8.31
- Sometimes mother Yasoda and her gopi friends would tell Krsna, "Bring this article" or "Bring that article" - SB 10.11.8
- Sometimes they (Yasoda and her gopi friends) would order Him (Krsna) to bring a wooden plank, wooden shoes or a wooden measuring pot, and Krsna, when thus ordered by the mothers, would try to bring them - SB 10.11.8
- Sometimes, as if unable to raise these things (wooden shoes, etc.), He (Krsna) would touch them and stand there. Just to invite the pleasure of His relatives, He would strike His body with His arms to show that He had sufficient strength - SB 10.11.8
- Sometimes, being angry, Krsna passes urine and stool in a neat, clean place in our (the gopis of the neighborhood's) houses. But now, our dear friend Yasoda, this expert thief is sitting before you like a very good boy - SB 10.8.31
- The elder gopis of Vrndavana were so absorbed in affection for Krsna that they wanted to save Him, although there was no need to, for He had already protected Himself. They could not understand Krsna was the Supreme Personality of God playing as a child
- The elder gopis said, "If by chance They (Krsna and Balarama) cannot find the hidden butter and yogurt, They go to our little babies and pinch their bodies so that they cry, and then They go away"
- The elder gopis said, "If They (Krsna and Balarama) cannot reach (the butter and yogurt), They make a hole in the pot. We think therefore that you’d better take all the jeweled ornaments from the bodies of your children"
- The elder gopis said, "Now just see how your boy (Krsna) is hearing these complaints. All day He simply makes arrangements to steal our butter and yogurt, and now He is sitting just like a very silent good boy. Just see His face"
- The elder gopis said, "Sometimes, being unable to steal our butter and yogurt, out of anger They (Krsna and Balarama) pass urine on the clean floor and sometimes spit on it"
- The elder gopis said, "When Krsna and Balarama are caught stealing the yogurt and butter, They say," ‘Why do you charge Us with stealing? Do you think that butter and yogurt are in scarcity in Our house?'
- The elder gopis said, "when we go to milk the cows, we find no milk, and we have to return with empty pots. If we warn Krsna and Balarama about doing this, They simply smile so charmingly that we cannot do anything"
- The elder gopis said, "Yes, actually we do so, but because we are sometimes engaged in our household duties, these naughty boys (Krsna and Balarama) enter our house somehow or other and spoil everything"
- The elder gopis said, "Your Krsna and Balarama find great pleasure in stealing our stock of yogurt and butter from wherever we keep it"
- The elderly gopis could not distinguish between their own sons and Krsna, for since their own sons had been taken by Brahma, Krsna had expanded as their sons
- The gopis had no desire other than to satisfy Krsna. All the gopis tried to satisfy Him, including the elder gopis, Yasoda and her friends, and so also did the elderly gopas like Nanda Maharaja and his friends
- The gopis immediately picked Krsna up from the chest of the demon (Trnavarta) and delivered Him, free from all inauspiciousness, to mother Yasoda - SB 10.7.30
- The gopis would say, "If You dance, my dear Krsna, then I shall give You half a sweetmeat." By saying these words or by clapping their hands, all the gopis encouraged Krsna in different ways - SB 10.11.7
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: "May the carrier of the bow, who is known as the enemy of Madhu, and Lord Ajana, the carrier of the sword, protect Your two sides" - SB 10.6.22-23
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: May Aja protect Your legs, may Maniman protect Your knees, Yajna Your thighs, Acyuta the upper part of Your waist, and Hayagriva Your abdomen - SB 10.6.22-23
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: May Cakri protect You from the front; may Sri Hari, Gadadhari, the carrier of the club, protect You from the back - SB 10.6.22-23
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: May Hrsikesa protect Your senses, and Narayana Your life air - SB 10.6.24
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: May Kesava protect Your heart, Isa Your chest, the sun-god Your neck, Visnu Your arms, Urukrama Your face, and Isvara Your head - SB 10.6.22-23
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: May Lord Prsnigarbha protect Your intelligence, and the Supreme Personality of Godhead Your soul - SB 10.6.25-26
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: May Lord Urugaya, the carrier of the conchshell, protect You from all corners - SB 10.6.22-23
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: May Lord Vaikuntha protect You while You are walking, and may Lord Narayana, the husband of the goddess of fortune, protect You while You are sitting - SB 10.6.25-26
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: may Lord Yajnabhuk, the fearful enemy of all evil planets, always protect You while You enjoy life - SB 10.6.25-26
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: May the master of Svetadvipa protect the core of Your heart, and may Lord Yogesvara protect Your mind
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: May Upendra protect You from above; may Garuda protect You on the ground; and may Lord Haladhara, the Supreme Person, protect You on all sides - SB 10.6.22-23
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: While You are playing, may Govinda protect You, and while You are sleeping may Madhava protect You - SB 10.6.25-26
- Their (the elderly gopis) extra affection for their sons, who were now Krsna Himself, was due to bewilderment resembling that of Brahma
- There (in the Goloka) are also elderly gopis and the cowherd men, headed by Nanda Maharaja, mother Yasoda and others. All of these personalities are eternally engaged in the loving service of God in accordance with their specific attachments for Krsna
- Therefore (despite being the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the master of all, Krsna was bound to the wooden mortar by the ropes of the gopis), smiling widely, He spoke to the sons of Kuvera - SB 10.10.39
- They (the elderly gopis) enhanced their special love for Krsna by embracing Him and feeding Him, and Krsna tasted their breast milk to be just like a nectarean beverage
- They (the elderly gopis) took Him away to the courtyard of the house and began to clap, praising His wonderful activities. Krsna danced along with their clapping, just like an ordinary child
- This was their (the elderly gopis) inner ambition. Now, in order to please them, Krsna personally took the role of their sons and fulfilled their desire
- When a baby drinks milk from the breast of his mother, this is a good sign of health. So the elderly gopis were not satisfied with chanting mantras to give protection to Krsna; they also tested whether their child's health was in order
- When Krsna was saved from such a great danger (Putana), mother Yasoda and Rohini were principally concerned, and the other elderly gopis, who were almost equally concerned, followed the activities of mother Yasoda and Rohini
- When Krsna was sitting before mother Yasoda, all the elder gopis began to lodge complaints against Him so that Krsna could hear
- When the gopis saw Krsna fearlessly playing on Putana's lap, they very quickly came and picked Him up. Mother Yasoda, Rohini and other elder gopis immediately performed the auspicious rituals by taking the tail of a cow and circumambulating His body
- When they (the gopis of the neighborhood) saw Krsna's beautiful face, instead of chastising Him they would simply look upon His face and enjoy transcendental bliss - SB 10.8.31
- When Uddhava was leaving Vrndavana, some of the elderly gopis rebuked him as follows: "O son of Gandini, your cruelty is defaming the dynasty of King Yadu. You are taking Krsna away, keeping us in such pitiable condition without Him"
- While the elderly gopis go about their household affairs, Krsna and Balarama sometimes go into a dark room, brightening the place with the valuable jewels and ornaments on Their bodies and taking advantage of this light by stealing - SB 10.8.30