Krsna and His Father - Vasudeva
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna and His Father - Vasudeva"
The following 220 pages are in this category, out of 220 total.
- After creating this situation by His yogamaya, Krsna, appearing with His elder brother, Balarama, as the most illustrious son in the dynasty of the Satvatas, very submissively and respectfully addressed Vasudeva and Devaki
- After finishing this business, Krsna and Balarama immediately released Their father and mother, Vasudeva and Devaki, who had been imprisoned by Kamsa
- After hearing Krsna speak the entire philosophy of spiritual life in an abbreviated summation, Vasudeva was exceedingly pleased with his son
- After Krsna left the shelter of His real father and mother, He went to the lap of Yasodamayi to play the part of an ordinary cowherd boy in the blessed Vrajabhumi, which is very sanctified because of His childhood pastimes
- After observing such wonderful happenings (of Trnavarta trying to kill Krsna), Nanda Maharaja began to think of the words of Vasudeva again and again
- After this incident (of Trnavarta trying to kill Krsna), Vasudeva asked his family priest, Garga Muni, to visit the place of Nanda Maharaja in order to astrologically calculate the future life of Krsna
- After Vasudeva adjusted things as they had been before he carried Krsna to Gokula, and all the doors and gates became similarly closed, the gatekeepers awoke and heard the newborn child crying
- Akrura, who belonged to the dynasty of Yadu, explained the recent events in Mathura, including Kamsa’s attempt to kill Vasudeva, the father of Krsna
- All the members of the family, namely Krsna's mother, Devaki, His father, Vasudeva, and His chief wife, Rukmini, along with all other friends, relatives and residents of the palace, were very sorry when the citizens returned home without Krsna
- Although Devaki, the mother of Krsna, was the sister of Kamsa, she and her husband Vasudeva were persecuted only because Krsna was to be born of them
- Although her (Subhadra) father, Vasudeva, and her brother Krsna were not in agreement with Him, Balarama was in favor of marrying Subhadra to Duryodhana
- Although Krsna cannot be killed, Vasudeva, as the father of Krsna, was trembling because in affection he thought that Kamsa would immediately come and kill his son
- Although Krsna was so pleased with Vasudeva and Devaki that He descended as their son, they could not enjoy Krsna's magnanimous childhood pastimes - SB 10.8.47
- An example of tad-ekatma-rupa (the Lord Himself) is Sesa, and an example of a devotee is Vasudeva, the father of Lord Krsna
- Anxious about his two sons, who had been put under the protection of Nanda without Nanda’s knowledge, Vasudeva inquired about Them with great anxiety. Both Balarama and Krsna were the sons of Vasudeva
- Arjuna visited Dvaraka, and all the widow wives of Lord Krsna lamented before him. He took them all in the presence of Vasudeva and pacified all of them
- As a friend, He (Lord Krsna) wanted to inform Arjuna that because Arjuna was the son of Prtha, the sister of His own father Vasudeva, He had agreed to be the charioteer of Arjuna
- As the son of Devaki, He first appeared as Visnu, and because Vasudeva was not in the position of pure affection for Krsna, Vasudeva worshiped his son as Lord Visnu
- At that time (of Krsna's birth) Vasudeva was in the transcendental position, and he became completely free from all fear of Kamsa. The newborn baby was also flashing His effulgence within the room in which He appeared
- At that time, however, Vasudeva, the father of Lord Krsna and the most celebrated of all pious men, approached the sages and with great humility offered his respects by falling down at their feet
- At that very moment, Lord Krsna, along with His father and mother, Devaki and Vasudeva, appeared on the scene. Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, could understand everything, yet in that situation He remained silent
- Balarama was transferred to the womb of Rohini, Vasudeva's own wife, but Rohini was kept under the protection of Nanda Maharaja. Krsna was personally delivered to Yasoda and exchanged with her daughter
- Because the sages assembled in the place of pilgrimage at Kuruksetra had spoken about the Lord as the supreme cause of everything, Vasudeva simply repeated it out of his love for Krsna and Balarama
- Because Vasudeva was so anxious about Krsna, he inquired about the safety of His residence. He also inquired about Balarama and His mother, Rohini, who were entrusted to the care of Nanda Maharaja
- Being husband and wife but always sonless, you (Devaki) were attracted by sexual desires, for by the influence of devamaya, transcendental love, you wanted to have Me (Krsna) as your son - SB 10.3.39
- Being thus elated, he (Vasudeva) could not speak but remained silent. In the meantime, Devaki, the mother of Lord Krsna, sat by the side of her husband
- Both brothers, Lord Krsna and Lord Baladeva, went to Mathura from Vrndavana and killed Their maternal uncle (Kamsa), who had given so much trouble to Their parents, Vasudeva and Devaki
- By thinking of Me (Krsna) constantly with love and affection, you (Devaki and Vasudeva) will achieve the highest perfection: returning home, back to Godhead - SB 10.3.45
- Garga Muni replied, "Vasudeva has sent me to see to the reformatory performances of these boys, especially Krsna's, but if I do so it may incidentally appear that Krsna is the son of Devaki, since I am Vasudeva's family priest"
- Garga Muni said, "He was formerly the son of Vasudeva; therefore His name should be Vasudeva as well as Krsna"
- He (Akrura) related the things which had happened after the disclosure by Narada that Krsna was the son of Vasudeva, hidden by Vasudeva in the house of Nanda Maharaja. Akrura narrated all the stories regarding Kamsa
- He (Krsna) did not want to disturb the intense affection of Vasudeva, and thus He agreed to be carried by His father to the house of Nanda and Yasoda
- He (Krsna) was undoubtedly very kind to Kunti's brother Vasudeva and the family. Had He not become the son of Vasudeva and Devaki, Queen Kunti could not claim Him to be her nephew and thus address Krsna in parental affection
- He (Nanda Maharaj) said, "My dear Uddhava how is my friend Vasudeva enjoying life? He is now released from the prison of Kamsa, and he is now with his friends and his children, Krsna and Balarama"
- He (Uddhava) presented to Vasudeva, Krsna's father, and Ugrasena, Krsna's grandfather, all the gifts given by the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- He (Vasudeva) believed the words of the sages that his sons Krsna and Balarama were the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- He (Vasudeva) never expected that Krsna would live, because all his other sons had been killed by Kamsa
- His (Krsna's) childhood pastimes were blissfully enjoyed by mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja. This fact was admitted by Vasudeva himself when he met Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda at Kuruksetra
- His (Vasudeva) eyes filled with tears, and he began to cry. Nanda Maharaja, desiring to please his friend Vasudeva and being affectionately bound with love for Lord Krsna and Balarama, passed three months in their association
- I (Vasudeva) am sure that You (Krsna) will kill all the armies that are moving all over the world under the leadership of politicians who are dressed as ksatriya rulers but who are factually demons - SB 10.3.21
- In order to protect the divine baby from Devaki's brother, Kamsa, Vasudeva delivered Krsna to Nanda and mother Yasoda in Vrndavana, and it was there that He exhibited His childhood pastimes
- In pursuance of this Vedic principle, Lord Krsna and Balarama used to offer Their obeisances to Their parents, Vasudeva and Devaki
- In the next millennium (Dvapara-yuga), I (Krsna) again appeared from the two of you (Devaki and Vasudeva), who appeared as My mother, Aditi, & My father, Kasyapa. I was known as Upendra, & because of being a dwarf, I was also known as Vamana - SB 10.3.42
- In the Rama incarnation He remained a king's son from His very childhood, but in the incarnation of Krsna, although He was the son of a king, He at once left the shelter of His real father & mother (King Vasudeva & Queen Devaki) just after His appearance
- In their (Vasudeva and Devaki) presence, by His (Krsna's) internal energy, He then transformed Himself into a small human child. (In other words, He transformed Himself into His original form: krsnas tu bhagavan svayam (SB 1.3.28)) - SB 10.3.46
- It appears that Vasudeva, the father of Lord Krsna, had completely separate residential quarters where he lived with his eighteen wives, out of whom Srimati Devaki is the real mother of Lord Krsna
- It is surprising that Vasudeva and Devaki did not enjoy the transcendental bliss of Krsna’s childhood pastimes, although Krsna was their real son
- It is to be noted that because Vasudeva and Devaki would be separated from Krsna when He was carried to Gokula, the residence of Nanda Maharaja, the Lord personally instructed them that they should always think of Him as their son and as the SPG
- It is understood that Krsna had been transferred from the mind of Vasudeva to the mind of Devaki, and from there to her womb. Thus all the demigods worshiped Devaki, the mother of Krsna
- Kamsa said, "If somehow or other Krsna & Balarama escape, They will next meet the wrestlers & will be killed by them. That is my plan. & after killing these two boys, I shall kill Vasudeva & Nanda, who are supporters of the Vrsni and Bhoja dynasties"
- Krsna and Balarama continued, "Please rest assured that We shall come back to Vrndavana just after giving some satisfaction to Our real father and mother, Vasudeva and Devaki, and Our grandfather and other family members"
- Krsna and Balarama fell at Their parents' feet and offered them prayers. Vasudeva and Devaki had suffered so much trouble from Kamsa because Krsna was their son
- Krsna and Balarama said, "Dear father and mother, although We were born of Vasudeva and Devaki, you have been Our real father and mother, because from Our very birth and childhood you raised Us with great affection and love"
- Krsna continued, "My dear father (Vasudeva), everyone and everything, including Me and My brother Balarama, as well as all the inhabitants of the city of Dvaraka and the whole cosmic manifestation, are exactly as you have already explained"
- Krsna is eternal, and His selection of a father and mother from among His devotees takes place eternally. Previously also, Devaki had been the Lord's mother and Vasudeva the Lord's father, and they were named Prsni and Sutapa
- Krsna married 16,000 wives, Arjuna married 3 or 4 wives, Krsna's father Vasudeva, married 16 or 18 wives, like that. So according to the Vedic system polygamy is not prohibited. But it is not a farce also. Every wife must be provided for sufficiently
- Krsna said, "How could Salva possibly enter the city and arrest My father in that way? Whatever Salva may be, his power is limited, so how could it be possible that he has conquered the strength of Balaramaji"
- Krsna then confirmed all of Vasudeva’s statements as follows: "My dear father, whatever you may say, We are, after all, your sons. What you have said about Us is certainly a highly philosophical understanding of spiritual knowledge"
- Krsna was born and transferred to the home of Yasoda in Gokula, the strong doors opened and again closed, and Vasudeva resumed his former condition of being shackled. The watchmen, however, could not understand all this
- Krsna was sent incognito to the bed of Mother Yasoda, and after Nanda very pompously celebrated Krsna's birth ceremony, he went to Mathura. So Vasudeva was very much pleased and said, "This is a new birth for me"
- Krsna's father's name was Vasudeva, son of Surasena, descending from the Yadu dynasty. Actually, the SP of Godhead does not belong to any dynasty of this material world, but the family in which the SP of Godhead appears becomes famous, by His grace
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, thus entered the body of Devaki from the body of Vasudeva without being subject to any of the conditions of an ordinary living entity
- Krsna, who was within her womb, was to appear not only to diminish the burden of the world but specifically to protect the interests of the Yadu dynasty, and certainly to protect Devaki and Vasudeva
- Kuntidevi's eyes became wet, and, in great love, she feelingly embraced Lord Krsna. She then inquired from Him about the well-being of her paternal family members - her brother Vasudeva, his wife and other members of the family
- List of personalities who enjoy parental affection toward Krsna 5) Devaki, the wife of Vasudeva, 6) the other fifteen wives of Vasudeva, 7) Kunti, the mother of Arjuna, 8) Vasudeva, the real father of Krsna, and 9) Sandipani Muni, Krsna's teacher
- Lord Krsna appeared, just like electricity, when there was friction between Kamsa and Vasudeva and Ugrasena
- Lord Krsna did not wish to detract from His relationship with Vasudeva as father and son; therefore in the very beginning of His reply He accepted the fact that He is the eternal son of Vasudeva and that Vasudeva is the eternal father of Krsna
- Lord Krsna informed His father (Vasudeva) of the spiritual identity of all living entities
- Lord Krsna is not affected by such determination of men of Kamsa's class, but in order to play the role of a child He agreed to be carried by His father to the cow pastures of Nanda Maharaja because Vasudeva was afraid of Kamsa
- Lord Krsna then took permission from His father, Vasudeva, and grandfather, Ugrasena, and He immediately ordered His servants Daruka and Jaitra to arrange for travel to Hastinapura
- Lord Krsna was never reduced in His position by becoming a cowherd boy or by offering respect to Sudama Brahmana or His other devotees like Nanda Maharaja, Vasudeva, Maharaja Yudhisthira and the Pandavas' mother, Kunti
- Lord Krsna's father, Vasudeva, had sixteen wives, and one of them, named Pauravi or Rohini, the mother of Baladeva, was the sister of Vidura. Vasudeva, therefore, was the husband of Vidura's sister, and thus they were brothers-in-law
- Lord Ramacandra took birth in the family of Maharaja Raghu. Therefore Lord Ramacandra is called Raghunatha, Dasarathi, as Krsna is called Vasudeva because He accepted Vasudeva as His father
- Maharaja Pariksit knew this (that Nanda and Yasoda, as well as Vasudeva & Devaki are not ordinary living beings), but he was curious to know from Sukadeva Gosvami whether it is possible for an ordinary human being to come to this stage by sadhana-siddhi
- My (Krsna's) dear father and mother (Vasudeva and Devaki), you endured rain, wind, strong sun, scorching heat and severe cold, suffering all sorts of inconvenience according to different seasons - SB 10.3.34-35
- My Lord, because You (Krsna) dispel all the fear of Your devotees, I request You to save us (Devaki and Vasudeva) and give us protection from the terrible fear of Kamsa - SB 10.3.28
- Nanda & mother Yasoda are the eternal father & mother of Krsna. This means that whenever Krsna descends, Nanda & Yasoda, as well as Vasudeva & Devaki, also descend as the Lord's father & mother. Their personalities are expansions of Krsna's personal body
- Nanda Maharaja knew that Balarama was the son of Vasudeva, but he did not know that Krsna was also Vasudeva's son. Vasudeva, of course, was aware of this fact and inquired very eagerly about both Krsna and Balarama
- Narada said, "It is said that familiarity breeds contempt. As such, Vasudeva, having Krsna as his son, does not regard Krsna with awe and veneration"
- Narada told Kamsa, "Actually, the daughter was born to Yasoda, the wife of Nanda Maharaja, and Vasudeva exchanged his son for the daughter, so you were misled. Krsna is the son of Vasudeva, as is Balarama"
- Narada told Kamsa, "Being afraid of your atrocious nature, Vasudeva has tactfully hidden Them in Vrndavana, out of your sight." Narada further informed Kamsa, "Krsna and Balarama have been living incognito in the care of Nanda Maharaja"
- Narada told Kamsa, "Better try to kill Krsna and Balarama." But in order to satisfy his wrath, Kamsa arrested Vasudeva and his wife and shackled them in iron chains
- Naradaji has instructed many kings from time immemorial. In the Bhagavatam we can see that he instructed Prahlada Maharaja while he was in the womb of his mother, and he instructed Vasudeva, father of Krsna, as well as Maharaja Yudhisthira
- Not only did he (Vasudeva) hear from the sages, but on many occasions he actually experienced that Krsna and Balarama were not ordinary human beings but were very extraordinary
- O my (Vasudeva) Lord (Krsna), Lord of the demigods, after hearing the prophecy that You would take birth in our (Vasudeva's and Devaki's) home and kill him, this uncivilized Kamsa killed so many of Your elder brothers - SB 10.3.22
- O my Lord, proprietor of all creation, You (Krsna) have now appeared in my (Vasudeva's) house, desiring to protect this world - SB 10.3.21
- O supremely chaste mother, I (Krsna), the same personality, have now appeared of you both (Devaki and Vasudeva) as your son for the third time. Take My words as the truth - SB 10.3.43
- On hearing that the most dear Krsna was approaching Dvarakadhama, magnanimous Vasudeva, Akrura, Ugrasena, Balarama (the superhumanly powerful), Pradyumna, Carudesna and Samba the son of Jambavati, all extremely happy, abandoned resting, sitting and dining
- On inquiring he (Vasudeva) was confident that the mystery of Krsna's birth and His being placed in the care of Yasoda was still hidden. There was no danger, since Kamsa at least could not learn what had already happened
- One after another, all the members of the family - Devaki, Vasudeva, Lord Sri Krsna, Lord Balarama, Rukmini and all the women of the family - embraced Pradyumna and his wife, Mayavati
- One day, after having returned from the sacrificial performances at Kuruksetra, when Lord Krsna and Balarama went to offer Their respects to Vasudeva
- One instance of Vasudeva's attraction to Krsna occurred when Vasudeva saw the Gandharva dance at Mathura. Another instance occurred in Dvaraka when Vasudeva was surprised to see a picture of Krsna
- One may argue that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who creates the whole cosmic manifestation simply by His glance, cannot come within the womb of Devaki, the wife of Vasudeva
- Others say that since both Vasudeva and Devaki prayed for You (Krsna), You have taken Your birth as their son. Undoubtedly You are unborn, yet You take Your birth for their welfare and to kill those who are envious of the demigods
- Out of fear, he (Vasudeva) began to take shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It is quite natural for a devotee in danger to think of Krsna, because he has no other shelter
- Since I am the best of all bestowers of benediction, I appeared in this same form as Krsna to ask you (Devaki and Vasudeva) to take from Me the benediction you desired. You then expressed your desire to have a son exactly like Me - SB 10.3.37-38
- Since the clouds in the sky were mildly thundering and showering, Ananta-naga, an expansion of the SP of Godhead (Krsna), followed Vasudeva, beginning from the door, with hoods expanded to protect Vasudeva & the transcendental child - SB 10.3.48-49
- Since You (Krsna) are the most beloved son of Your father, Vasudeva, Your mother, Devaki, has sent me to inform You of the unfortunate news that Salva has arrested Your father and taken him away by force, just as a butcher mercilessly takes away an animal
- Sound representation of the Lord, in terms of His characteristics, is the complete form of the Lord, as was seen by Vasudeva and Maharaja Dasaratha, the fathers of Lord Krsna and Lord Rama
- Srila Jiva Gosvami says that the other forms were partial expansions of the Lord's original form, but because of the intense love developed by Prsni and Sutapa, the Lord appeared from Devaki and Vasudeva in His full opulence as Sri Krsna
- Subhadra: Daughter of Vasudeva and sister of Lord Sri Krsna. She was not only a very dear daughter of Vasudeva, but also a very dear sister to both Krsna and Baladeva. The two brothers and sister are represented in the famous Jagannatha temple of Puri
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: After instructing His father and mother (Vasudeva and Devaki), the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, remained silent - SB 10.3.46
- That (Krsna's instruction to always think of Him as their son and as the SPG) would keep them (Vasudeva and Devaki) in touch with Him. After eleven years, the Lord would return to Mathura to be their son, and therefore there was no question of separation
- The babies therefore began to offer their obeisances unto Lord Krsna, Balarama, their father Vasudeva and their mother Devaki
- The childhood pastimes of Krsna are glorified even today by many sages and saintly persons, but Vasudeva & Devaki could not enjoy such childhood pastimes personally. The reason for this was explained by Sukadeva Gosvami to Maharaja Pariksit as follows
- The first time I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni and Sutapa, in the next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi and Kasyapa, and now for the third time I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki and Vasudeva
- The Lord (Krsna), whose lotus feet are worshiped by demigods like Brahma and Siva, wanted to worship the feet of Vasudeva. Such instruction by the Lord to the world is quite appropriate. Even if one is the Supreme Lord, one must serve his parents
- The mystic juggler Salva, speaking in this way before Lord Krsna, immediately cut off the head of the false Vasudeva. Then without hesitation he took away the dead body and got into his airplane
- The next moment He (Krsna) could understand that the arrest and killing of His father were demonstrations of the mystic powers which Salva had learned from the demon Maya
- The parents of Krsna and Balarama, namely Nanda Maharaja, Yasoda, Vasudeva and Devaki, were also very anxious because they did not know the unlimited strength of their children
- The purport of this expression by Vasudeva is this: although he had eight sons born in the womb of Devaki, unfortunately they were all gone. He could not even keep his one son Krsna with him
- The sages present then began to address Vasudeva in the presence of Lord Krsna, Balarama and many other kings, and, as requested by him, they gave their instructions
- The sages said, "My dear Vasudeva, certainly you have already performed many pious activities in your previous lives. Otherwise, how could you be the father of Krsna and Balarama, the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, who is always ready to protect His unalloyed devotees, entered within the mind of Vasudeva as the Lord of the whole creation, with full inconceivable potencies
- Then Vasudeva remembered the cows he had wanted to give in charity to the brahmanas after the birth of Krsna & Balarama. But being imprisoned by Kamsa at that time, Vasudeva had been able to do so only within his mind, for Kamsa had stolen all his cows
- These are all glorified pastimes of the Lord, and there is no contradiction in such manifestations. Since Krsna is the Supreme Lord, He was never afraid of Kamsa, but to please His father (Vasudeva) He agreed to be so
- These sparks (the living entities) can be covered by the influence of maya, but the original fire, Krsna, cannot. Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, even from the beginning of His appearance in the house of Vasudeva and Devaki
- They (Vasudeva and Devaki) were amazed and could not speak or answer the words of Krsna but simply embraced Him and Balarama in great affection and remained silent, shedding incessant tears
- This (Kuntidevi was shown far more favor) was done because Devaki's husband, Vasudeva, was living, whereas Kuntidevi was a widow, and there was none to help her except Krsna
- This peculiarity in Krsna was visible when Kamsa was insulting Maharaj Nanda, and Vasudeva asking Krsna's assistance in killing Kamsa. Krsna was glancing over Kamsa with longing eyes, just like a prostitute, and He was just preparing to jump at the King
- Vasudeva actually had all mystic powers under his control; otherwise he could not have become the father of Krsna
- Vasudeva admitted that Krsna and Balarama were actually the sons of mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja. Vasudeva and Devaki were only Their official father and mother. Their actual father and mother were Nanda and Yasoda
- Vasudeva also reminded Nanda Maharaja that Balarama did not know His real father. "He knows you as His father. And now you have another child, Krsna, and I think you are taking very nice care of both of Them"
- Vasudeva and Devaki did not obtain the SP of Godhead as their son very easily, nor does the Supreme Godhead accept merely anyone as His father and mother. Here (in SB 10.3.34-35) we can see how Vasudeva and Devaki obtained Krsna as their eternal son
- Vasudeva and Devaki were full of anxieties for Krsna's and Balarama's protection, but they could not enjoy Their childhood pastimes
- Vasudeva and Devaki were Krsna's real father and mother. Nobody is real father and mother of Krsna, because Krsna is the original father of everyone. But when Krsna comes here, advents, He accepts some devotees as His father, as His mother
- Vasudeva and Devaki, the so-called father and mother of Lord Krsna, underwent penances to get Vasudeva as their son
- Vasudeva and Devaki, who happened to be the real parents of Krsna and Balarama, wanted to keep Them now because of the death of Kamsa. While Kamsa was alive, Krsna and Balarama were kept under the protection of Nanda Maharaja in Vrndavana
- Vasudeva and Ugrasena received the kings who came to see them, and they sufficiently welcomed them all. Seeing Lord Krsna present on the spot, all the visitors felt transcendental pleasure and became very peaceful
- Vasudeva began to narrate his own past history - how he had been imprisoned by King Kamsa, how his babies had been killed, how immediately after Krsna’s birth he had carried Krsna to the place of Nanda Maharaja
- Vasudeva began to narrate how Krsna and Balarama had been raised by Nanda Maharaja and his queen, Yasoda, as their own children
- Vasudeva called for his family priest and learned brahmanas, and the sacred thread ceremony of Krsna and Balarama was duly performed
- Vasudeva continued, "For a long time I have simply considered this body to be myself, and although You (Krsna) are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, I have considered You my son"
- Vasudeva continued, "My dear Lord (Krsna), as in the sky there are many forms, appearing and disappearing, You also appear in many eternal forms and then disappear"
- Vasudeva continued, "My dear Lord, at the very moment when You (Krsna) first appeared in Kamsa's prison house, You informed me that You were the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- Vasudeva continued, "The whole world is moving under this false impression and suffering material bondage. I know that neither of You is my son; both of You (Krsna) are the original chief and progenitor, the PG, the Purusa with pradhana"
- Vasudeva continued, "You (Krsna) had descended for the protection of the principles of religion as well as the destruction of the unfaithful"
- Vasudeva continued, "You (Krsna) have already informed me about this in the past. My dear Lord, You are the shelter of the surrendered soul, the supreme well-wisher of the meek and humble"
- Vasudeva continued, "You (Krsna) have appeared on the surface of this globe to minimize the burden of the world by killing the ksatriya kings who are unnecessarily increasing their military strength"
- Vasudeva had the opportunity to understand the position of Krsna and Balarama from the great sages who had assembled in the arena of the sacrifice
- Vasudeva prayed to the Lord - Lord Brahma is called rakta, or red, because Brahma represents the qualities of passion for creation. Darkness is entrusted to Lord Siva because he annihilates the cosmos
- Vasudeva prayed to the Lord - You are called suklam. Suklam, or 'whiteness,' is the symbolic representation of the Absolute Truth because it is unaffected by the material qualities
- Vasudeva prayed to the Lord, - The creation, annihilation and maintenance of this cosmic manifestation are conducted by Your potencies, yet You are always unaffected by those qualities
- Vasudeva replied, "Only in the last few days have we returned to our own places, by the grace of God (Krsna)"
- Vasudeva said - although You (Krsna) appear as a child in the womb of Devaki, You are also existing outside. You are always in Your abode, but still You can simultaneously expand Yourself into millions of forms
- Vasudeva said - Although You (Krsna) appear to be within the material energy, You are never covered by it
- Vasudeva said - My dear Lord (Krsna), it is not very wonderful that You appeared within the womb of Devaki, for the creation was also made in that way
- Vasudeva said - One has to understand Your (Krsna's) appearance with great intelligence because the material energy is also emanating from You. You are the original source of the material energy, just as the sun is the source of the sunshine
- Vasudeva said - The material body is nothing but a combination of the five gross elements - namely earth, water, fire, air and ether
- Vasudeva said - The sunshine cannot cover the sun globe, nor can the material energy - being an emanation from You (Krsna) - cover You
- Vasudeva said - Whenever there is a material body, it appears that such elements (namely earth, water, fire, air and ether) are newly created, but actually the elements are always existing outside of the body
- Vasudeva said - You (Krsna) appear to be in the three modes of material energy, but actually the three modes of material energy cannot cover You. This is understood by the highly intellectual philosophers
- Vasudeva said - You (Krsna) expanded Yourself as Ksirodakasayi Visnu and entered into the heart of all living entities and entered even within the atoms. Therefore Your entrance into the womb of Devaki is understandable in the same way
- Vasudeva said - You (Krsna) were lying in the Causal Ocean as Maha-Visnu, and by Your breathing, innumerable universes came into existence. Then You entered into each of the universes as Garbhodakasayi Visnu
- Vasudeva said - You appear (Krsna) to have entered, but You are simultaneously all-pervading. We can understand Your entrance and nonentrance from material examples. The total material energy remains intact even after being divided into sixteen elements
- Vasudeva said, "Although the forces of the senses, strength, movement and growth of the body appear to be performed by different movements of the airs within the body, they are all ultimately manifestations of Your (Krsna and Balarama) energy"
- Vasudeva said, "Although You (Krsna) have appeared as a child in the womb of Devaki, You are also existing outside. You are always in Your abode, but still You can simultaneously expand Yourself into millions of forms"
- Vasudeva said, "As the earth is present in everything, so You (Krsna and Balarama) are present throughout this material manifestation as the Supersoul. You are the supreme cause of all causes, the eternal principle"
- Vasudeva said, "Both of You (Krsna and Balarama) are transcendental to this material manifestation and to its cause, the Supreme Person, Maha-Visnu. You are the original controller of all"
- Vasudeva said, "Everything, in fact, is a manifestation of Your one energy. The three qualities of material nature - sattva, rajas and tamas - and the result of their interaction are linked up with You (Krsna and Balarama) by Your agency of yogamaya"
- Vasudeva said, "My dear Lord (Krsna and Balarama), the gravity of the mountains and the energy and fragrance of the earth - all are different manifestations of You"
- Vasudeva said, "My dear Lord (Krsna and Balarama), the shining of the moon, the heat of fire, the rays of the sun, the glittering of the stars, and the electric lightning, which are all manifested as very powerful all are different manifestations of You"
- Vasudeva said, "My dear Supreme Personality of Godhead, You (Krsna and Balarama) are the original cause of all causes, exactly as the earth is the original cause of different kinds of trees, plants and similar varieties of manifestation"
- Vasudeva said, "The different material phases that are manifest from the beginning to the end of the cosmos under different formulas of time are also Your Self because You (Krsna and Balarama) are both the cause and effect of this manifestation"
- Vasudeva said, "The illusory energy, or maya, which is the cause of the conditioned soul’s perpetual transmigration from one form to another, is You (Krsna and Balarama)"
- Vasudeva said, "The original energy is only an emanation from You (Krsna and Balarama)"
- Vasudeva said, "The pure taste of water, the water itself and the vital force which maintains all life are also features of Your Lordship (Krsna and Balarama)"
- Vasudeva said, "The resolution of intelligence and the sharp memory of the living entity are also You (Krsna and Balarama)"
- Vasudeva said, "The senses, the controllers of the senses (the demigods) and the acquisition of knowledge, which is the purpose of the senses, as well as the subject matter of knowledge - all are You (Krsna and Balarama)"
- Vasudeva said, "The two features of this material world, the predominator and the predominated, are also You (Krsna and Balarama), and You are the supreme transcendental controller who stands above them"
- Vasudeva said, "The vast expanse of outer space rests in You (Krsna and Balarama)"
- Vasudeva said, "The vibration of the sky (its thunder), the supreme sound (omkara) and the arrangement of different words to distinguish one thing from another are all symbolic representations of You (Krsna and Balarama)"
- Vasudeva said, "Then again You (Krsna) expanded Yourself as Ksirodakasayi Visnu and entered into the hearts of all living entities and even within the atoms. Therefore Your entrance into the womb of Devaki is understandable in the same way"
- Vasudeva said, "Without Your (Krsna and Balarama) sanction and will they cannot perform anything or achieve the results they desire"
- Vasudeva said, "Without Your (Krsna and Balarama) will, they cannot work. Material energy has no cognizance. It cannot act independently, without being agitated by You"
- Vasudeva said, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are beyond the perception of our senses. You are the Supreme Soul, unborn and unchanging. You are not affected by the six kinds of transformations which occur in the material body"
- Vasudeva said, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are the egoistic principle of ignorance, which is the cause of this material world"
- Vasudeva said, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are the egoistic principle of passion, which is the cause of the senses, and the egoistic principle of goodness, which is the origin of the different controlling deities of this material world"
- Vasudeva said, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are the master of this cosmic manifestation, and actually this manifestation is created for Your pastimes only"
- Vasudeva said, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are the resting place of this cosmic manifestation. You are its creator, and You are also its creative ingredients"
- Vasudeva said, "You (Krsna) appear to have entered, but You are simultaneously all-pervading. We can understand Your entrance and nonentrance from material examples. The total material energy remains intact even after being divided into sixteen elements"
- Vasudeva said, "You (Krsna) were lying in the Causal Ocean as Maha-Visnu, and by Your breathing process, innumerable universes came into existence. Then You entered into each of the universes as Garbhodakasayi Visnu"
- Vasudeva said, “My dear Lord, it is not a very wonderful thing that You (Krsna) have appeared within the womb of Devaki, because the creation was also made in that way"
- Vasudeva saw the newborn child, who had very wonderful lotuslike eyes and who bore in His four hands the four weapons sankha, cakra, gada and padma On His chest was the mark of Srivatsa and on His neck the brilliant Kaustubha gem - SB 10.3.9-10
- Vasudeva wanted to perform a charitable ceremony to celebrate Krsna’s appearance, but because he was shackled within the walls of Kamsa’s prison, this was not possible. Instead, within his mind he gave thousands of cows to the brahmanas
- Vasudeva was asking Krsna's assistance in killing Kamsa, and Krsna was glancing over Kamsa with longing eyes, just like a prostitute, and was just preparing to jump at the King
- Vasudeva was bound to deliver Krsna to the hands of Kamsa because he had promised to turn over all his children. But out of his great love for Krsna he broke his promise, and the Lord was very pleased with Vasudeva for his transcendental mentality
- Vasudeva was in the complete perfection of life in considering Lord Krsna and Balarama to be his sons
- Vasudeva was very anxious about Krsna's safety. He knew that Kamsa and his followers were trying to kill Krsna by sending various kinds of demons. They had already resolved that all children born within ten days of the birthday of Krsna should be killed
- Vasudeva, having Krsna as his son, does not regard Krsna with awe and veneration. Sometimes persons living on the bank of the Ganges do not consider the Ganges very important, and they go far away to take their baths at a place of pilgrimage
- Vasudeva, the father of Krsna, had sixteen wives, and one of them was Rohini, the mother of Baladeva. But Baladeva is also described as the son of Devaki, so how could He be the son of both Devaki and Rohini
- Vasudeva, the father of Lord Krsna and the maternal uncle of Arjuna, sent his priest representative Kasyapa to purify Arjuna by all the prescribed samskaras, or reformatory processes
- Vasudeva, Ugrasena, Lord Krsna, Lord Balarama, Uddhava and all other members of the Yadu dynasty presented their individual gifts to Nanda Maharaja and his associates
- Vasudeva: Son of King Surasena, husband of Devaki and father of Lord Sri Krsna. He is the brother of Kunti and father of Subhadra
- Vidura was much older than Uddhava. By family relationship Uddhava was a contemporary brother of Krsna's, while Vidura was as elderly as Krsna's father Vasudeva
- Visnu said: I gave you the benediction that I would take birth as your son three times. First, I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni & Sutapa, next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi & Kasyapa, and now I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki & Vasudeva
- When all the wives of Vasudeva were present in the arena of Kamsa, they saw the most pleasing bodily features of Krsna, and immediately, out of parental affection, milk began to flow from their breasts, and the lower parts of their saris became wet
- When Devaki and Vasudeva understood that their two sons Krsna and Balarama, who had paid obeisances to them, were the Supreme Personality of Godhead, they became fearful and did not embrace Them
- When He (Krsna) was playing the part of a ksatriya as the son of Maharaja Vasudeva, He displayed all the skill of a martially spirited ksatriya
- When Krsna appeared within the bars of Kamsa's prison house, He was transferred by Vasudeva to the house of Nanda Maharaja, the foster father of Krsna, at Gokula
- When Krsna offered prayers at the lotus feet of His mother and father, Vasudeva and Devaki, they both felt awe, reverence and fear due to knowledge of His opulences
- When Lord Krsna saw Vasudeva and Devaki standing in a reverential attitude, He immediately expanded His influence of yogamaya so that they could treat Him and Balarama as children
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead was speaking as an innocent boy in very sweet words, Vasudeva and Devaki became captivated by parental affection and embraced Him with great pleasure
- When Vasudeva passed away, he (Arjuna) performed his funeral ceremony in the absence of Krsna. While Arjuna was taking all the wives of Krsna to Indraprastha, he was attacked on the way, and he could not protect the ladies in his custody
- When Vasudeva was carrying Krsna, the darkness of the night disappeared. All the prison doors automatically opened. At the same time there was thunder in the sky and severe rainfall
- When Vasudeva was convinced that the newborn child was the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, he bowed down with folded hands and began to offer Him prayers
- While His father Vasudeva was crossing the Yamuna with the baby Lord Krsna for a safe place at Gokula on the other bank of the river from Mathura, the Lord fell down in the river, and by the dust of His lotus feet the river at once became sanctified
- While Sri Krsna was thinking like this, Salva brought before Him in custody a man exactly resembling Vasudeva, His father. These were all creations of the mystic power of Salva
- While Vasudeva was carrying his son Krsna in the falling rain, Lord Sesa in the shape of a serpent spread His hood over the head of Vasudeva so that he would not be hampered by the rainfall
- Why did Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, leave the house of His father, Vasudeva, and transfer Himself to the house of Nanda in Vrndavana? Where did the Lord, the master of the Yadu dynasty, live with His relatives in Vrndavana - SB 10.1.9
- With the death of Kamsa his cows were released, and now Vasudeva gave the actual cows to the brahmanas. Then Balarama and Krsna were duly initiated with the sacred thread ceremony, and They repeated the chanting of the Gayatri mantra
- Yasoda pleased her son Krsna without understanding His Godhood (but when Krsna appeared as the son of Devaki and Vasudeva, Vasudeva worshiped his son as Lord Visnu). This is the difference between Krsna as the son of Yasoda and as the son of Devaki
- You (Devaki and Vasudeva) spent twelve thousand celestial years performing difficult activities of tapasya in consciousness of Me (Krsna consciousness) - SB 10.3.36
- Your (Krsna's) form can be perceived by transcendental knowledge, by which You can be understood as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. I (Vasudeva) now understand Your position perfectly - SB 10.3.13