Category:Krsna and Bali
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Krsna and Bali"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- After Lord Krsna heard the prayers of Bali Maharaja, He spoke as follows, "My dear King of the demons, in the millennium of Svayambhuva Manu, the Prajapati known as Marici begot six sons, all demigods, in the womb of his wife, Urna"
- Akrura thought, "When Krsna's hand touched the presentations of King Indra & King Bali, these two became qualified to be lords of the universe, & when that hand touched the gopis as they danced with Krsna in the rasa-lila, it relieved all their fatigue”
- Although I cheated him in My incarnation as Vamana, taking away his dominions throughout the universe, and although I still criticized him for not fulfilling his promise, I have just now seen him in his kingdom, and he feelingly expressed his love for Me
- Although Krsna is the maintainer of everyone, sometimes He takes the part of a beggar. He begs to benefit the charitable. Who is giving in charity, he is benefited. Just like Bali Maharaja, he gave everything to Vamanadeva. There are different devotees
- Bali Maharaja offered Lord Krsna and Balarama the best seat he had in his possession, and when both Lords were seated comfortably, he began to wash Their lotus feet
- Bali said "Instead of becoming Your (Krsna)devotees, they are simply impediments on the path of devotion. But You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, representing all the Vedas, and are situated in the mode of uncontaminated goodness"
- Bali said, "By Your (Krsna's) causeless mercy only are we demons in direct contact with Your personality. This contact is not possible even for the great demigods. No one knows how You act through Your yogamaya potency
- Bali said, "I also desire that if I have to associate with anyone, I may associate only with Your (Krsna's) pure devotees and no one else, for Your pure devotees are always well-wishers of all living entities"
- Bali said, "My conclusion is that when I have taken shelter of Your (Krsna's) lotus feet I shall never be disturbed in any condition of life"
- Bali said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), You are the supreme master and director of the whole world. Please, therefore, engage me in Your service and let me thus become free from all material contaminations"
- Bali said, "My dear Lords (Krsna and Balarama), it is very difficult for the living entities to get to see You, yet when You are merciful upon Your devotees You are easy for them to see"
- Bali said, "My only ambition is that I may live alone just like the paramahamsas who travel alone here and there in great peace of mind, depending simply upon Your (Krsna) lotus feet"
- Bali said, "Only out of Your (Krsna) causeless mercy have You agreed to come here and be visible to us, who are generally influenced by the qualities of ignorance and passion"
- Bali said, "Please be kind to me, who am fully surrendered unto You (Krsna), and favor me with Your causeless mercy so that I may simply remember Your lotus feet, birth after birth"
- Bali said, "Some of us are actually pure devotees, and some of us have taken shelter of Your (Krsna's) lotus feet because we desire to gain something from devotion"
- Bali said, "Whether You (Krsna) give me the opportunity to enjoy all the yogic perfections or You put me into the most abominable condition of hellish life, I shall never be disturbed"
- Bali said, "You (Krsna) are the creator of the whole world. You are the original initiator and propounder of the systems of jnana-yoga and bhakti-yoga"
- Bali said, "You (Krsna) are the Supreme Brahman, the original Personality of Godhead. I therefore with all respect offer my obeisances unto both of You"
- Bali said, "You (Krsna) can purify me in that way because if someone engages himself in the loving service of Your Lordship, he is immediately freed from all kinds of regulative principles enjoined in the Vedas"
- Bali said, "You, Lord Krsna, are the original Personality of Godhead, with an eternal form that is all-blissful and full of complete knowledge"
- Bali said, "Your (Krsna's) position is always transcendental. For this reason, some of us, although born of the modes of passion and ignorance, have taken shelter of Your lotus feet and have become devotees"
- Hanuman became successful by rendering personal service to Lord Ramacandra. Arjuna became successful by being a friend of Krsna. And Bali Maharaja became successful simply by offering all of his possessions to Krsna
- He (Bali) began to offer prayers to the Lords (Krsna and Balarama) in a voice which choked up intermittently
- He (Bali) worshiped the Lord sufficiently, and thereafter Lord Krsna and Lord Balarama took away the six conditioned souls and returned to the city of Dvaraka
- Krsna once addressed Jarati thus: "My dear good woman, the skin of your face is now slackened, and so your face exactly resembles a monkey's. As such, the King of the monkeys, Balimukha, has selected you as his worthy wife"
- Krsna said, "My dear King of the demons (Bali), mother Devaki is very anxious to see these six dead sons again, and she is very much aggrieved on account of their early death at the hand of Kamsa"
- When both Lords (Krsna and Balarama) were seated comfortably, he (Bali) began to wash Their lotus feet
- When Lord Krsna went to the city of Sonitapura to fight with Bali's son Bana and to cut off all his hands, Uddhava, being separated from Krsna and thinking of His fight, was almost completely stunned into unconsciousness
- Whether You give me (Bali Maharaja) the opportunity to enjoy all the yogic perfections or You put me into the most abominable condition of hellish life, I shall never be disturbed