Krsna As a Cowherd Boy
Pages in category "Krsna As a Cowherd Boy"
The following 129 pages are in this category, out of 129 total.
- After Brahma stole the original cowherd boys and calves, Krsna expanded Himself to become the boys and calves again. Therefore, because the boys were actually Krsna's expansions, the cowherd men were especially attracted to them
- After Krsna left the shelter of His real father and mother, He went to the lap of Yasodamayi to play the part of an ordinary cowherd boy in the blessed Vrajabhumi, which is very sanctified because of His childhood pastimes
- After meditating for millions of years, Brahma could understand the transcendental form of the Lord as Krsna, in the dress of a cowherd boy, thus he recorded his experience in the Brahma-samhita in the famous prayer, govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami
- After nearly a year, Baladeva observed that all the cowherd boys and calves were expansions of Krsna. Thus He inquired from Krsna and was informed of what had happened
- All those personalities (the calves & cowherd boys) had four arms, holding conchshell, disc, mace and lotus flower in Their hands. They wore helmets on Their heads, earrings on Their ears and garlands of forest flowers around Their necks - SB 10.13.47-48
- Although he (Brahma) was informed that the little cowherd boy (Krsna) was the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he wanted to see more of the Lord's glorious pastimes, and thus he stole all the calves and cowherd boys and took them to a different place
- Although Krsna was playing the part of a cowherd boy, as the Supreme Personality of Godhead He could understand everything - past, present and future
- Another devotee in ecstatic reverential affection once said, "When will that glorious day in my life come when it will be possible for me to go to the bank of the Yamuna and see Lord Sri Krsna playing there as a cowherd boy"
- As a boy, He (Krsna) was playing the part of a cowboy. As the son of Nanda Maharaja, He discharged responsibility perfectly
- As required according to the scheduled round of His pastimes, Krsna returned in the evening, entered the house of each of the cowherd boys, and engaged exactly like the former boys, thus enlivening their mothers with transcendental pleasure - SB 10.13.23
- As soon as They lay down on the bedding, They very quickly fell fast asleep. In this way, Krsna and Balarama used to enjoy Vrndavana life as cowherd boys
- As the men remembered their sons (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions), tears began to roll down from their eyes - SB 10.13.34
- At that time (when the cowherd men came down from Govardhana and saw their sons (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions)), all the thoughts of the cowherd men merged in the mellow of paternal love, which was aroused by the sight of their sons - SB 10.13.33
- Balarama said, "Krsna Yourself are playing as the calves and boys. What is the mystery of this situation? Where have those other calves and boys gone? And why are You expanding Yourself as the calves and boys? Will You kindly tell Me what is the cause?"
- Balarama understood that all those boys and calves were only expansions of Krsna
- Balarama, who has the same original form as Krsna, is Himself a cowherd boy in Vrndavana, and He also considers Himself a member of the ksatriya race in Dvaraka. Thus His color and dress are different, and He is called a pastime form of Krsna
- Brahma began to think, "All the boys and calves were taken away by me, and I know they are still sleeping. How is it that a similar batch of boys and calves is playing with Krsna? Is it that they are not influenced by my mystic power?"
- Brahma found Krsna, the S. P. of Godhead, playing the part of a small cowherd boy; he saw that little child with a lump of food in His left hand, searching out His friends and calves, just as He had been doing one year before, after their disappearance
- Brahma realized that all the different forms of boys and calves transformed into Visnu forms were not transformed by a mysticism of the type that a yogi or a demigod can display by specific powers invested in him
- Brahma realized that all the different forms of cows, boys and calves transformed into Visnu forms were not transformed by mysticism of the type that a yogi or demigod can display by specific powers invested in him
- Brahma said, "Although You exhibited Yourself (Krsna) as so many cowherd boys and calves, Your transcendental potency was not reduced. You are always complete"
- Brahma said, "First of all I saw You alone; thereafter You (Krsna) expanded Yourself as Your cowherd boyfriends, the calves and all the existence of Vrndavana; then I saw You and all the boys and calves as four-handed Visnus"
- Brahma said, "Nondevotees are cheated because they consider You to be a material creation. Actually, You have assumed this body, exactly resembling an ordinary cowherd boy, simply to increase the devotion and transcendental bliss of Your devotees"
- Brahma said, "Your (Krsna's) appearance as a cowherd child is for the benefit of the devotees, & although I have committed an offense at Your lotus feet by stealing away Your boys & calves, I can understand that You have bestowed Your mercy upon me"
- Brahma said, "Your appearance as a small cowherd boy, a child of the cowherd men, is not at all a material activity. You are so much obliged by their affection that You are here to inspire them with more loving service by Your transcendental presence"
- Brahma saw Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, appearing as a cowherd boy in Vrndavana, not demonstrating His opulence but standing just like an innocent boy with some food in His hand, loitering with His cowherd boyfriends, calves and cows
- Brahma tried to understand who they (the cowherds boys and calves) were and how they were uninfluenced by his mystic power, but he could not ascertain it. In other words, he himself came under the spell of his own mystic power
- Brahma's stealing of calves & boys from Krsna may be a wonderful display of mystic power, but when Krsna exhibited His expansive power in so many calves & boys and maintained them without effort, Brahma could understand that his power was insignificant
- Brahmaji also described the highest planet of the Vaikunthaloka as Goloka Vrndavana, where the Lord resides as a cowherd boy keeping transcendental surabhi cows and surrounded by hundreds and thousands of goddesses of fortune
- Brahmaji desires to worship Krsna, who resides in the topmost Vaikuntha planet, known as Goloka Vrndavana, where He is in the habit of keeping surabhi cows as a cowboy and where He is served by hundreds and thousands of goddesses of fortune (the gopis)
- By expanding Himself in this way (into the missing cowherd boys and calves), beautiful Krsna proved the statement samagra-jagad visnumayam: "Lord Visnu is all-pervading" - SB 10.13.19
- By His Vasudeva feature, Krsna simultaneously expanded Himself into the exact number of missing cowherd boys and calves, with lunch bags, their particular types of dress and ornaments placed in various ways - SB 10.13.19
- By His Vasudeva feature, Krsna simultaneously expanded Himself into the exact number of missing cowherd boys and calves, with their exact bodily features, their particular types of hands, legs and other limbs, their sticks, bugles & flutes - SB 10.13.19
- By His Vasudeva feature, Krsna simultaneously expanded Himself into the exact number of missing cowherd boys and calves, with their names, ages and forms, and their special activities and characteristics - SB 10.13.19
- Every part of Their (Krsna's cowherd boy and calf expansions') bodies, from Their feet to the top of Their heads, was fully decorated with fresh, tender garlands of tulasi leaves offered by devotees - SB 10.13.49
- Everything was Krsna. The calves, the cowherd boys and their maintainer Himself were all Krsna. In other words, Krsna expanded Himself in varieties of calves and cowherd boys and continued His pastimes uninterrupted for one year
- Experiencing a great attraction, their (the cowherd men) anger completely disappearing, they lifted their sons (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions), embraced them in their arms and enjoyed the highest pleasure by smelling their sons' heads - SB 10.13.33
- He (Brahma) was really anxious, so he did not stay away very long; he came back after a moment (of his calculation). He saw that all the boys and calves were playing with Krsna in the same way as when he had come upon them
- He (Krsna) expanded Himself to become exactly like the boys, who were of all different features and facial and bodily construction, and who were different in their clothing and ornaments and in their behavior and personal activities
- He (Lord Krsna) is eternally a cowherd boy at Vrndavana, He is eternally the leader of the Battle of Kuruksetra, and He is eternally the opulent prince of Dvaraka and the lover of the damsels of Vrndavana
- He explicitly mentions Bhagavan (in the beginning of Krsna-karnamrta), who has peacock feathers on His crown, because the Lord of Vrndavana, Krsna the cowherd boy, used to come to Bilvamangala to talk with him and supply him with milk
- Here at Kuruksetra You are dressed like a royal prince, accompanied by great warriors, but in Vrndavana You appeared just like an ordinary cowherd boy, accompanied only by Your beautiful flute
- His (Krsna) most important pastimes in the human form are those in which He appears as a cowherd boy, a newly grown youth who plays a flute
- However, my Lord is Lord Sri Krsna, a cowherd boy who is engaged in tending cows. Why is it that Laksmi, being such a chaste wife, wants to associate with My Lord
- In His original form, the Lord dresses like a cowherd boy and thinks Himself one. When He appears as Vasudeva, the son of Vasudeva and Devaki, His dress and consciousness are those of a ksatriya, a warrior
- In His personal form, Krsna is just like a cowherd boy, and He thinks of Himself in that way. But when He is in the Vasudeva form, He thinks of Himself as the son of a ksatriya and feels like a ksatriya, a princely administrator
- In His svayam-rupa, in His personal feature, He always remains at Vrndavana, and He is just like a cowherd boy. That is His real feature, Krsna. The Krsna in the battlefield of Kuruksetra, that is not the real feature of Krsna
- In krsna-lila the Lord's complexion is blackish. Holding a flute to His mouth, He enjoys as a cowherd boy. Now the selfsame person has appeared with a fair complexion, sometimes acting as a brahmana and sometimes accepting the renounced order of life
- In order to convince Brahma that all those calves and boys were not the original ones, the calves and boys who were playing with Krsna transformed into Visnu forms
- In order to satisfy the mothers of His friends, as well as to convince Brahma of the supremacy of the Personality of Godhead, He (Krsna) immediately expanded Himself as the cowherd boys and calves
- In the form of a cowherd boy, Lord Krsna was very little in comparison to Brahma, but because He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, He could immediately understand that all the calves and boys had been stolen by Brahma
- In the Gopala-tapani Upanisad (sruti) it is said, gopa-veso me purusah purastad avirbabhuva: the Lord appeared before Brahma as a cowboy, that is, as the original Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krsna, Govinda
- In the kaisora age, when Krsna appeared at Gokula, He acted as a cowherd boy, and then, when He was sixteen, He went to Mathura to kill Kamsa
- In the Vedas it is said that the Supreme Personality of Godhead has already expanded Himself into so many living entities by His energy. Therefore it was not very difficult for Him to expand Himself again into so many boys and calves
- In this way, the maintainers of the complete creation, Krsna and Balarama, used to take care of the calves every day, beginning in the morning, and thus They enjoyed Their childhood pastimes as cowherd boys in Vrndavana
- It was the request of Radharani to Krsna, "There in Vrndavana You were a cowherd boy, and We used to meet in the jungles, in the bushes. So I want to take You there. Then I will be happy"
- Just as the gopis at Vrndavana used to think of Krsna while He was away from the village for cowherding engagements, the citizens of Dvaraka were all immersed in thought of the Lord while He was away from Dvaraka to attend the Battle of Kuruksetra
- Just to create pleasure both for Brahma and for the mothers of the calves and cowherd boys, Krsna, the creator of the entire cosmic manifestation, expanded Himself as calves and boys - SB 10.13.18
- Krsna and Balarama carried binding ropes on Their shoulders and in Their hands, just like ordinary cowherd boys. While milking the cows, the boys bound their hind legs with a small rope
- Krsna and Balarama, the Supreme Personalities of Godhead, who maintain the entire creation, now took charge of the calves as if cowherd boys - SB 10.11.45
- Krsna as cowherd boy was running with his train. I have to take. And Jagannatha was snatching her cloth. They are very poisonous things. I was never fortunate with such incidences. I am simply trying to carry out the order of my Guru Maharaja. That's all
- Krsna continued, "It is not My business to disclose this secret to others, but you (Rukmini) must know that I am not very heroic; I am a coward and am afraid of My enemies. Still I am not safe, because all the great kings of the land are inimical to Me"
- Krsna continued, "My dear beautiful princess, you may also know that I am always penniless. Just after My birth, I was carried penniless to the house of Nanda Maharaja, and I was raised just like a cowherd boy"
- Krsna continued, "They (people) do not know whether I am a cowherd boy or a prince, whether I am the son of Nanda Maharaja or the son of Vasudeva"
- Krsna continued, "What is the ultimate goal of My life? They know very well that I was a cowherd boy in Vrndavana"
- Krsna has a bluish complexion, a peacock feather on His head, a gunja garland and the decorations of a cowherd boy. His body is curved in three places, and He holds a flute to His mouth
- Krsna took compassion upon Brahma because of his inability to see how Krsna was displaying the forms of Visnu and transforming Himself into calves and cowherd boys
- Krsna was not attracted by the opulence or personal beauty of the gopis but by their pure devotional service. Similarly, the gopis were attracted to Krsna as a cowherd boy, not in sophisticated guise
- Krsna was ordering His friends to do this and that, and He was controlling the calves & going into the forest to search for them when they went astray, allured by new grass, but these calves & boys were He Himself. This was Krsna's inconceivable potency
- Krsna, who had divided Himself as different calves and also as different cowherd boys, entered different cow sheds as the calves and then different homes as different boys
- Krsna, who had divided Himself as different calves and also as different cowherd boys, entered different cow sheds as the calves and then different homes as different boys - SB 10.13.21
- Let me (Kunti) therefore offer my respectful obeisances unto the Lord, who has become the son of Vasudeva, the pleasure of Devaki, the boy of Nanda and the other cowherd men of Vrndavana, and the enlivener of the cows and the senses
- Lord Balarama was able to see, with the eye of transcendental knowledge, that all these calves and Krsna's friends were expansions of the form of Sri Krsna - SB 10.13.38
- Lord Brahma saw that Krsna, in His form as a cowherd boy, was Parabrahman, the root cause of everything, but was now appearing as a human child, loitering in Vrndavana with a morsel of food in His hand
- Lord Brahma saw the Supreme Brahman, by whose energy this entire universe, with its moving and nonmoving living beings, is manifested. He also saw at the same time all the calves and boys as the Lord's expansions - SB 10.13.55
- Lord Krsna has many pastimes, of which His pastimes as a human being are the best. His form as a human being is the supreme transcendental form. In this form He is a cowherd boy
- Lord Krsna was never reduced in His position by becoming a cowherd boy or by offering respect to Sudama Brahmana or His other devotees like Nanda Maharaja, Vasudeva, Maharaja Yudhisthira and the Pandavas' mother, Kunti
- Lord Sri Krsna was playing just like a human being. Because He belonged to the ksatriya division of the social system and was a young boy, it was His duty to show respect to such a brahmana
- Lord Sri Krsna, having Himself become the cowherd boys and groups of calves, maintained Himself by Himself. Thus He continued His pastimes, both in Vrndavana and in the forest, for one year - SB 10.13.27
- My dear Balaramaji, You two brothers, cowherd boys only, may be very expert in tending cows, but how can You be expert in playing chess or shooting arrows on the battlefield? These arts are well known only to the princely order
- My dear friend, this dramatic actor appears like a second form of My own self. Like a picture, He displays My pastimes as a cowherd boy overflowing with wonderfully attractive sweetness and fragrance, which are so dear to the damsels of Vraja
- Radharani said, "My dear friend, as soon as I think of Krsna the cowherd boy attached to some other woman, I become stricken with fearfulness and the hairs on My body stand up. I must be very careful that Krsna will not see Me at such times"
- Rohini said, "We simply desire this dust, which accumulates underneath the lotus feet of Krsna as He travels on the land of Vrndavana as a cowherd boy"
- Rukmi said, "This cowherd boy (Krsna) has become proud of His tricky way of fighting with ksatriyas, today I shall teach Him a good lesson. Because He had the impudence to kidnap my sister, I, with my sharp arrows, shall teach Him good lessons indeed"
- She thought of Him in the calm and quiet atmosphere of Vrndavana, dressed as a cowherd boy. But at Kuruksetra He was in a royal dress and was accompanied by elephants, horses and crowds of men. Thus the atmosphere was not congenial for Their meeting
- Sisupala said, "I cannot understand how you have selected this cowherd boy, Krsna, and have left aside all these great personalities. I think Krsna to be no better than a crow - how can He be fit to accept the first worship in this great sacrifice?"
- Sometimes the Lord thinks of Himself as a cowherd boy, and sometimes He thinks of Himself as Vasudeva's son, a ksatriya prince, and this "thinking" of Krsna is called His "pastimes"
- Sri Krsna said, "O Brahma, your father is Narayana. I am but a cowherd boy. How can you be My son?"
- That Krsna's form as a cowherd boy in Vrndavana is the original form of the Personality of Godhead (svayam-rupa) is confirmed in the Brahma-samhita
- The Brahma-samhita (Bs 5.38) describes that in the abode of Lord Krsna, which is made of cintamani (touchstone), the Lord, acting as a cowherd boy, is served by hundreds and thousands of goddesses of fortune
- The calves and boys transformed into visnu-murtis, or Visnu forms, were not displays of visnu-maya, or Visnu's energy, but were Visnu Himself
- The elderly cowherd men, having obtained great feeling from embracing their sons (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions), gradually and with great difficulty and reluctance ceased embracing them and returned to the forest - SB 10.13.34
- The form of Krsna is described in the authoritative Vedic literature Brahma-samhita: His abode is made of cintamani stone, and the Lord plays there as a cowherd boy and is served by many thousands of gopis
- The gopis are exalted above all the advanced devotees because they are always totally dependent upon Sri Krsna, the transcendental cowherd boy. Among the gopis, Srimati Radharani is the most dear to Krsna
- The Kaliyanaga's wives addressed Krsna, "My dear cowherd boy, we are all only young wives of the Kaliyanaga, so why do you agitate our minds by sounding Your flute"
- The manifestation of the Visnu forms of the boys and calves was not like the heat but was rather the fire - they were all actually Visnu. Factually, the qualification of Visnu is full truth, full knowledge and full bliss
- The mothers of the boys (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions) embraced them with both arms and began to feed them with their breast milk, which flowed forth because of extreme love specifically for Krsna - SB 10.13.22
- The mothers of the boys (Krsna's cowherd boys expansions), upon hearing the sounds of the flutes and bugles being played by their sons, immediately rose from their household tasks, lifted their boys onto their laps - SB 10.13.22
- The mothers of the boys heard the vibration of their flutes before their entrance, and to receive them, they came out of their homes and embraced them. Out of maternal affection, milk was flowing from their breasts
- The mothers took care of the boys (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions) by chanting protective mantras, decorating their bodies with tilaka and giving them food. In this way, the mothers served Krsna personally - SB 10.13.23
- The mothers took care of the boys (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions) by massaging them with oil, bathing them, smearing their bodies with sandalwood pulp, decorating them with ornaments - SB 10.13.23
- The original form of the Lord (svayam-rupa) is exhibited in two forms - svayam-rupa and svayam-prakasa. In His original form as svayam-rupa, Krsna is observed as a cowherd boy in Vrndavana
- The original ones (calves & boys) were sleeping under the spell of Brahma's mystic power, but the present ones, seen by Brahma, were all immediate expansions of Krsna, or Visnu. Visnu is the expansion of Krsna, so the Visnu forms appeared before Brahma
- The residents of Mathura were surprised at the pious activities the cowherd men in Vrndavana must have performed in their previous lives to be able to see Krsna and Balarama daily as cowherd boys
- Their (the gopis) offering was not exactly to their boys but to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who had expanded Himself into such boys. This was a chance for all the mothers of Vrndavana to feed the Supreme Personality of Godhead with their own milk
- These relations of the cows & gopis with their calves & boys remained unchanged, although actually the original calves & boys were not there. Actually the cows' affection for their calves & the elder gopis' affection for the boys causelessly increased
- They (Krsna's cowherd boy and calf expansions) wore armlets on Their arms, the Kaustubha gem around Their necks, which were marked with three lines like a conchshell, and bracelets on Their wrists - SB 10.13.47-48
- They (the cowherd men) crossed the rough road with great difficulty, but when they came down and saw their own sons (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions), they were overwhelmed by great affection - SB 10.13.32
- This Sankhacuda was also puffed up over material opulence. He thought that Krsna and Balarama were two ordinary cowherd boys enjoying the company of many beautiful girls
- Those Visnu forms (Krsna's cowherd boy and calf expansions), by Their pure smiling, and by the sidelong glances of Their reddish eyes, created and protected the desires of Their own devotees, as if by the modes of passion & goodness - SB 10.13.50
- Thus expanding Himself as the boys and calves in their individual capacities, and surrounded by such expansions of Himself, Krsna entered the village of Vrndavana. The residents had no knowledge of what had happened
- What is this wonderful phenomenon? The affection of all the inhabitants of Vraja, including Me (Rama), toward these boys and calves is increasing as never before, just like our affection for Lord Krsna, the Supersoul of all living entities - SB 10.13.36
- When Brahma took away Krsna's associates to test the supremacy of Lord Krsna, the Lord expanded Himself again in the forms of the many cowherd boys and calves, all of whom, as Brahma saw, were visnu-murtis
- When Brahma understood that this cowherd boy was the SPG, he became stunned. All of his sensual activities became stopped upon seeing all the cowherd boys again, along with Krsna. He was so stunned that he appeared to be a golden statue with four heads
- When Brahma was deluded by Krsna, who expanded Himself into so many cowherd boys, calves and cows, Krsna's elder brother, Sri Baladeva (a direct expansion of Krsna Himself), felt astonishment and said
- When He (Krsna) was playing just like a child on the lap of His mother Yasodamayi or just like a cowherd boy with His transcendental friends, He continued to remain God, without the slightest diminution of His six opulences. Thus He is always unrivaled
- When Krsna was on this planet, He set a practical example. He was a cowherd boy, and He was very respectful to the brahmanas and devotees
- When Lord Brahma returned after a moment of time had passed, he saw that although by human measurement a complete year had passed, Lord Krsna, was engaged just as before in playing with the boys and calves, who were His expansions - SB 10.13.40
- When Lord Krsna appeared, He purposefully became a cowherd boy and showed personally how to give protection to the cows and calves. Similarly, He showed respect to Sudama Vipra, a real brahmana
- When one compares the beauty, opulence, sweetness and intellectual pastimes of Vasudeva, the warrior, to Krsna, the cowherd boy, son of Nanda Maharaja, one sees that Krsna's attributes are more pleasant
- When the Kesi demon was assassinated by Krsna, Kamsa became hopeless. He began to say, "Kesidaitya was as dear to me as my own life, but he has been killed by some cowherd boy who is crude, uneducated and ignorant of fighting"
- While Krsna is spending His days as a cowherd boy, He is in the kaumara and pauganda ages
- While Lord Brahma looked on, all the calves and the boys tending them immediately appeared to have complexions the color of bluish rainclouds and to be dressed in yellow silken garments - SB 10.13.46
- With bangles on Their (Krsna's cowherd boy and calf expansions') ankles, ornaments on Their feet, and sacred belts around Their waists, They all appeared very beautiful - SB 10.13.47-48