This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- ► God's Fame (5 C, 69 P)
- ► Krsna's Transcendental Fame (12 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Fame"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total.
- A devotee is always thinking of how better to serve Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and how to broadcast His name, fame and qualities throughout the world
- A devotee more easily attains samadhi, or trance, by constantly remembering the Lord's personal feature along with His holy name, fame, pastimes, etc. Therefore, the concentration of the mystic yogi and that of the devotee are not on the same level
- After developing a taste for such things (chanting and remembering Krsna), one should try to live in Vrndavana and pass his time constantly remembering Krsna's name, fame, pastimes and qualities under the direction and protection of an expert devotee
- After discussing with Vidura the transcendental name, fame, qualities, etc., on the bank of the Yamuna, Uddhava was overwhelmed with great affliction. He passed the night as if it were a moment, and thereafter he went away
- All of them (ladies) heard of Him and His great activities, and thus they thought of Him, talked of Him, His name, fame, etc., and became affectionate also, like those who were in direct contact
- Although He (Krsna) exhibited His potencies as the Personality of Godhead in the six opulences of wealth, strength, fame, beauty, knowledge and renunciation, the foolish persons of the world could not understand that He was the Supreme Lord
- Anyone who is able to compose such transcendental literature (of the Lord’s name, fame, qualities, form, entourage and so on) is our esteemed master
- As the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is everlastingly famous, so the reputation of Lord Krsna's devotee is also everlasting
- Atah sri-krsna-namadi na bhaved grahyam indriyaih: (CC Madhya 17.136) Krsna and His name, fame, qualities and paraphernalia cannot be materially understood
- Being requested by Maharaja Pariksit, Sukadeva Gosvami continued to speak about the transcendental pastimes of Lord Krsna in the matter of His form, qualities, fame and paraphernalia
- Bhagavatam is in relation with the Personality of Godhead, His beauty, fame, opulence, dignity, attraction and transcendental qualities which attract one towards Him for exchanges of love and affection
- He (Krsna Caitanya) is full in six opulences: wealth, fame, strength, beauty, knowledge and renunciation. In short, we should know that He is Krsna, God, & that nothing is equal to or greater than Him. There is nothing superior to be conceived - CC Intro
- He (Krsna) is the chief of all living entities; no one can surpass Him or be equal to Him in wealth, strength, fame, beauty, knowledge or renunciation
- He (Krsna) is the Lord of the three principal potencies, namely cit-sakti, maya-sakti and tatastha-sakti, and He is the complete master of six kinds of fortune - wealth, strength, fame, beauty, knowledge and renunciation
- He (Krsna) is the shelter of the Absolute Truth (para-tattva) because He is param brahma. There is nothing material in His opulences and exhibitions of wealth, fame, strength, beauty, knowledge and renunciation
- He is famous as the Govardhana-dhari Hari because He lifted at the age of only seven the hill known as Govardhana
- His (Krsna's) name, fame, quality, form, pastimes and entourage are all identical to the Lord, and therefore chanting the glories of the Lord invokes the personal presence of the Lord
- His remembrance by His form, quality, name, fame, pastimes, etc., is also attractive for the pure devotee, so much so that he forgets all forms, quality, name, fame and activities of the mundane world
- In His later pastimes He is known as Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya. He blesses the whole world by teaching about the name and fame of Lord Sri Krsna
- In spite of His (Krsna) being famous as a thief, He is worshiped as a thief, whereas in the mundane world a thief is punished and is never praised
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord says that He descends by His own potency (atma-maya). His form, name, fame, paraphernalia, abode, etc., are not, therefore, creations of matter
- In the form of Narayana the beauties of mercy, fame, etc., are all established by Krsna, but Krsna's gentleness and magnanimity do not exist in Narayana. They are found only in Krsna
- In this way a neophyte can gradually develop attachment for Krsna's name, fame, form, qualities and so forth
- Indra said, "Your (Krsna's) name, fame, form, qualities, paraphernalia and pastimes are all beyond this material nature, and they are never disturbed by the three material modes"
- It is said that Lord Sri Krsna's name, fame, pastimes, etc., cannot be understood by material senses. Only to one who is engaged in pure devotional service under proper guidance is He revealed
- It is said that Lord Sri Krsna's name, fame, pastimes, etc., cannot be understood by material senses. Only to one who is engaged in pure devotional service under proper guidance is He revealed. BG 1972 purports
- It is stated that the diffusion of Krsna's fame is like the moonshine which turns darkness into light
- It is the special mercy of the Supreme Lord that as soon as He knows that one is glorifying His name, fame and attributes, He personally helps cleanse the dirt from one's heart
- Krishna means His name, His qualities, His fame, His friends, His paraphernalia, His entourage - everything. Just like when we speak of a king, it is to be understood that he is surrounded by ministers, secretaries, military commanders and many people
- Krsna continued, "I wanted to become a famous prince. Still I could not have any kingdom, nor could I rule as a prince. People are bewildered about My ultimate goal of life"
- Krsna five thousand years ago appeared on this planet, but still He's famous. His worship is going on still. In India there are hundreds and thousands of temples like this. Not only in India, now outside India there are least hundreds of temples like this
- Krsna gave all credit to Bhima for the killing of Jarasandha. From this we can understand that Krsna never cares at all for fame, although no one can be more famous
- Krsna had 16,108 wives, and in each of them He begot ten sons, all of them equal to their father in the opulences of strength, beauty, wisdom, fame, wealth and renunciation. "Like father, like son"
- Krsna is always famous for relieving His devotee from danger. A devotee who has sacrificed everything for the service of Krsna and whose only source of relief is the Lord is known as akincana
- Krsna is full in all opulences - namely, strength, wealth, fame, beauty, knowledge, and renunciation
- Krsna is the supreme powerful, the supreme wealthy, the supreme famous, the supreme wise and the supreme beautiful; similarly, He is the supreme renouncer
- Krsna is very influential and famous, and He is the object of attachment for everyone. He is the shelter of the good and the virtuous. He is attractive to the minds of women, and He is worshiped by everyone. He is very, very rich
- Krsna's name is also Krsna. Krsna's fame is also Krsna. Krsna's entourage is also Krsna. Krsna and everything related with Krsna which gives stimulation to love of Krsna are all Krsna, but for our understanding these items can be considered separately
- Lord Caitanya is also the master of all wealth, strength, fame, beauty, knowledge and renunciation because He is Sri Krsna Himself. He is described as purna, or complete
- Lord Krsna answered Mucukunda, "Perhaps you know that My incarnation Anantadeva has unlimited mouths, and for an unlimited time He has been trying to narrate fully about My name, fame, qualities, activities, appearance, disappearance and incarnations"
- Lord Sri Krsna is sometimes described as a thief. He is very famous amongst His pure devotees as the Makhana-cora. He used to steal butter from the houses of neighbors at Vrndavana in His early age. Since then He is famous as a thief
- Lord Sri Krsna, the Absolute Personality of Godhead, is attractive not only in His personal features, but also in His transcendental activities. It is so because the Absolute is absolute by His name, fame, form, pastimes, entourage, paraphernalia, etc
- O most famous descendant and controller of the Yadu dynasty, O son of Vasudeva (Krsna), O most peaceful, let us (Nalakuvara and Manigriva) offer our obeisances unto Your lotus feet - SB 10.10.36
- Of Krsna's various opulences, His conjugal love is the summit. He is the master of all riches, all strength, all fame, all beauty, all knowledge and all renunciation, and out of these, His perfect beauty is His conjugal attraction
- Om is the complete combination of Krsna, His potency and His eternal servitors. In other words, omkara represents Krsna, His name, fame, pastimes, entourage, expansions, devotees, potencies and everything else pertaining to Him
- One must acquire brahminical qualities or be perfectly situated in the quality of goodness in order to chant the Gayatri mantra successfully and then attain to the stage of transcendentally realizing the Lord, His name, His fame, His qualities and so on
- One must acquire the brahminical qualities and become perfectly situated in the mode of goodness in order to chant the gayatri mantra successfully. From that point one can begin to transcendentally realize the Lord, His name, His fame, His qualities, etc
- One who acts as an acarya, directly presenting Lord Krsna by spreading His name and fame, is also to be called paramahamsa-thakura
- Only the pure devotees can know, Krsna's omnipotence and opulence, and in His wealth, fame, strength, beauty, knowledge and renunciation, because Krsna is benevolently inclined to His devotees. BG 1972 purports
- Srimati Radharani's earrings are the holy names of Krsna, as well as the hearing of His name and fame. Her lips are always reddish due to the betel nut of ecstatic affection for Krsna
- Srimati Radharani's earrings are the name, fame and qualities of Lord Krsna. The glories of Lord Krsna's name, fame and qualities are always inundating Her speech
- Sukadeva Gosvami warns them: devaki-janma-vada, which means, although Krsna is famous as the son of Devaki, actually He is the Supersoul, or the all-pervading S.P. of Godhead. The devotees, however, take this word devaki-janma-vada in a different way
- The all-famous Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Krsna, entered the great city of Hastinapura, which was opulent in every respect
- The Bhagavad-gita, which was imparted 5,000 years ago, is still being read repeatedly by many, many men, and still new light is always being found in it. Therefore, Krsna & His name, fame, qualities - & everything in relationship with Him - is ever-fresh
- The Brahmana said, "These are the words of Princess Rukmini, 'My dear Krsna, O infallible, most beautiful one, any human being who happens to hear about Your transcendental form, pastimes immediately absorbs through his ears Your name, fame & qualities"
- The chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra, or glorification of the name, fame and pastimes of the Lord, is recommended as the most perfect process of atonement because such chanting eradicates the dirt from one's heart completely
- The conclusion is that if one somehow or other becomes attached to Krsna or attracted to Him, either because of His qualities of beauty, opulence, fame, strength, renunciation or knowledge, through affection or friendship
- The Earth personified continued, "You (Krsna) possess all beauty, strength, fame, property, knowledge and renunciation; You are the shelter of all six opulences. Although You are all-pervading, You have appeared as the son of Vasudeva"
- The kings said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), You are ever famous, for You can put an end to all the miseries of Your devotees. Please, therefore, accept us as Your surrendered servants"
- The krsna-katha, the Lord's name, fame, quality, entourage, all these things are very sweet. To whom? Those who are liberated from this jaundice of materialism. For them it is very sweet
- The lady continued, "Krsna and Balarama are the reservoir of all kinds of opulence - namely wealth, strength, beauty, fame, knowledge and renunciation"
- The Lord indicates herein (CC Adi 1.53) that before the material creation He existed in fullness with all transcendental opulences, including all strength, all wealth, all beauty, all knowledge, all fame and all renunciation
- The Lord is identical with His name, fame, etc., and therefore to be associated with His name, fame, etc., constantly, means actually to associate with the Lord
- The Lord killed many undesirable kings in His time, and as a ksatriya He fought chivalrously. He is famous as the asamaurdhva, unparalleled. No one is equal to or greater than Him
- The Lord's fame as a butter thief is not reproachable, for by stealing butter the Lord gave pleasure to His pure devotees
- The original Personality of Godhead Vasudeva, or Lord Krsna, who is famous as the son of King Vasudeva or King Nanda, is full with all opulences, all potencies, all fame, all beauty, all knowledge and all renunciation
- The Personality of Godhead is the reservoir of all strength, and His strength rests on the thighs of His transcendental body. His whole body is full of opulences: all riches, all strength, all fame, all beauty, all knowledge and all renunciation
- The six opulences are wealth, strength, beauty, fame, knowledge and renunciation. No one is greater than or equal to Krsna in these six opulences
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is full of spiritual potencies. Therefore His body, name, fame and entourage are all spiritual. The Mayavadi philosopher, due to ignorance, says that these are all merely transformations of the material mode of goodness
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Krsna, is always full with six opulences - namely complete wealth, complete strength, complete fame, complete knowledge, complete beauty and complete renunciation
- The transcendental qualities of Krsna as follows: 42) most powerful; 43) all-famous; 44) popular; 45) partial to devotees; 46) very attractive to all women; 47) all-worshipable; 48) all-opulent; 49) all-honorable; 50) the supreme controller
- The women of Mathura said: "That loveliness (the form of Lord Krsna) is the only abode of beauty, fame and opulence. It is self-perfect, ever fresh and extremely rare"
- The word acyutamsam is used because the Supreme Personality of Godhead is Sad-aisvarya-purna, full in the opulences of wealth, strength, fame, knowledge, beauty and renunciation. The Supreme Godhead is never separated from His personal opulences
- The word brahman indicates the greatest in all respects. The Lord is the greatest in all opulences. No one can excel Him in wealth, strength, fame, beauty, knowledge and renunciation. Thus brahman indicates the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna
- These opulences of the Godhead (wealth, power, fame, beauty, wisdom and renunciation) are delineated by Parasara Muni, a great Vedic authority
- This association (conditioned soul and Krsna) is made possible not only by personal contact with the Lord, but also by association with His name, fame, form and quality
- This text (of CC Adi lila 4.66) from SB 4.3.23, spoken by Lord Siva confirms beyond a doubt that Lord Krsna, His name, His fame, His qualities and everything in connection with His paraphernalia exist in the sandhini-sakti of the Lord’s internal potency
- Those who engage in the loving service of the Lord become sudhiyah, intelligent, but this is not so of a Vedic scholar who does not understand Krsna's name, fame and qualities
- To meditate on the Supreme Lord is to meditate on the activities, form, pastimes, name and fame of the Lord. That is easier than what is imagined as meditation on the impersonal feature of the Supreme
- Total beauty, knowledge, wealth, strength, fame and renunciation are the six opulences of Krsna. He is eternally situated in His opulences
- We have never seen any one person who is unlimitedly and simultaneously wealthy, powerful, famous, beautiful, wise and unattached, like Krsna, in the history of humanity
- We speak of Vrndavana-dhama, Dvaraka-dhama and Mathura-dhama because in these places the name, fame, qualities and paraphernalia of the Supreme Godhead are always present
- Welcoming him with sweet, nectarean words, He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) addressed Narada as bhagavan, or one who is self-sufficient, possessing all knowledge, renunciation, strength, fame, beauty and other, similar opulences
- What great penance and austerities the damsels of Vrndavana must have undergone, for they are able to drink the nectar of Krsna, who is all beauty, all strength, all riches, all fame and whose bodily luster is the center of all beauty
- When the young girls heard that Lord Krsna, the only object worth seeing, was passing on the road, they were very eager to see this all-famous personality. Their hair loosened, & their tightened saris became slack due to their hastily rushing to see Him
- When we speak of Krsna, Krsna is not alone. Krsna means His name, His qualities, His fame, His friends, His paraphernalia, His entourage - all of these are included
- Why does Krsna have to take five years? In five days He can spread His name and fame all over the world like wildfire. Those who have faith in and devotion to Krsna can understand that these things happen so wonderfully by the grace of Sri Caitanya