"birth of krsna"|"birth of lord krsna"|"krsna's birth"|"krsna was born"|"krsna is born"|"krishna was born"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Birth"
The following 199 pages are in this category, out of 199 total.
- According to the opinion of some authorities, Krsna was actually born as the son of Yasoda
- After that night passed, Kamsa summoned his ministers and informed them of all that had been spoken by Yogamaya (who had revealed that He (Krsna) who was to slay Kamsa had already been born somewhere else) - SB 10.4.29
- After the birth of a child, the astrologers calculate the moment of the birth and make a horoscope of the child's future life
- After this appearance (at Krsna's birth), the goddess Durga became known by various names in various parts of the world
- After Vasudeva adjusted things as they had been before he carried Krsna to Gokula, and all the doors and gates became similarly closed, the gatekeepers awoke and heard the newborn child crying
- All the devotees from Bengal stayed in Jagannatha Puri for the four months of the rainy season and observed many other ceremonies, such as the anniversary of Lord Krsna’s birth
- Along with this chanting of mantras and songs, bugles and kettledrums are sounded outside the house. On this occasion (the ceremony for Krsna's birth), the joyous vibrations could be heard in all the pasturing grounds and all the houses
- Although Devaki was crying like a very poor woman, actually she was not poor, and therefore the word used here (in SB 10.4.7) is dinavat. She had already given birth to Krsna. Therefore, who could have been richer than she
- Although Devaki, the mother of Krsna, was the sister of Kamsa, she and her husband Vasudeva were persecuted only because Krsna was to be born of them
- Although Devaki, the mother of Krsna, was the sister of Kamsa, she and her husband Vasudeva were persecuted only because Krsna was to be born of them. BG 1972 purports
- Although He (Krsna) appears in the same transcendental body and is Lord of the universe, it still appears that He takes His birth like an ordinary living entity. BG 1972 purports
- Although He took birth in the Yadu dynasty, Lord Krsna was more affectionate to the Pandavas. By His actions, Lord Krsna proved that He was more inclined to the Kuru dynasty than the Yadu dynasty
- Although Krsna appeared as the son of Devaki, Devaki and Vasudeva did not enjoy the jata-karma, the festival of the birth ceremony. Instead, this ceremony was enjoyed by Nanda Maharaja, as stated here (nandas tv atmaja utpanne jatahlado maha-manah)
- Although Krsna was born as their son, Vasudeva and Devaki were always conscious of His position
- Although Krsna was the real son of Vasudeva and Devaki, because of Kamsa's atrocious activities Vasudeva could not enjoy the birth ceremony of his son. But Nanda Maharaja, the foster father, celebrated the birth ceremony of Krsna very joyfully
- Although Lord Baladeva appeared before the birth of Lord Krsna and is therefore Krsna's worshipable elder brother, He used to act as Krsna's eternal servitor
- Arjuna said: The sun-god Vivasvan is senior by birth to You. How am I to understand that in the beginning You instructed this science to him?
- As is stated in the Bhagavad-gita by the Lord Himself, His birth, deeds and activities are all transcendental. Similarly, the birth, deeds and activities of the associates of the Lord are also transcendental
- As soon as Krsna and Balarama were a little grown up, They were meant for taking care of the calves. Although born of a very well-to-do family, They still had to take care of the calves. This was the system of education
- As soon as they heard that mother Yasoda had given birth to a child, all the cowherd women became overwhelmed with joy, and they also dressed themselves with various kinds of costly garments and ornaments and smeared scented cosmetics on their bodies
- At home (during the birth of Krsna), the brahmanas, who were accustomed to offering sacrifices in the fire, found their homes very pleasant for offerings
- At home, the brahmanas, who were accustomed to offer sacrifices in the fire, found their homes very pleasant for offerings - at the time of Krsna's birth
- At sixteen years of age He returned to Mathura (where Devaki had given birth to Him) and vanquished Kamsa in the arena mentioned here
- At that time (of Krsna's birth) Vasudeva was in the transcendental position, and he became completely free from all fear of Kamsa. The newborn baby was also flashing His effulgence within the room in which He appeared
- At the time of devastation, the entire cosmos enters Krsna's body. But now this transcendental form has taken birth from my (Devaki) womb. People will not be able to believe this, and I shall become an object of ridicule - SB 10.3.31
- At the time of Krsna's birth, the planetary systems were automatically adjusted so that everything became auspicious. At that time, in all directions, east, west, south, north, everywhere, there was an atmosphere of peace and prosperity
- At the time of Krsna’s birth, the planetary systems were automatically adjusted so that everything became auspicious. At that time, in all directions - east, west, south, north, everywhere - there was an atmosphere of peace and prosperity
- Auspicious stars were visible in the sky (at the time of Krsna's birth), and on the surface in all towns and villages or pasturing grounds and within the mind of everyone there were signs of good fortune
- Because Lord Krsna appeared as the son of Devaki, the Mayavadi philosophers accept Krsna to be an ordinary living entity who takes birth within this material world
- Because Lord Krsna took birth in the house of King Nanda and mother Yasoda, the goddess of fortune was obliged to manifest her opulences in Vrndavana. It appeared that Vrndavana had already become a site for the pastimes of the goddess of fortune
- Because Lord Krsna took birth in the Yadu dynasty, the Yadu dynasty and the Yadavas have remained famous for all time. Because of King Viraja's appearance, the family of Maharaja Priyavrata has remained famous for all time
- Because of disturbances created by the demoniac kings, the sacrificial fire had been almost stopped in the houses of brahmanas, but now they could find the opportunity to start the fire peacefully - at the time of Krsna's birth
- Because of fear of Kamsa, Vasudeva could not observe the festival for Krsna's birth, Nanda Maharaja, however, took full advantage of this opportunity
- Before His personal appearance, the Lord causes some of His devotees to appear as His mother, father and intimate associates. He then appears later as if He were taking birth and growing from a baby to a child and gradually into a youth
- Brahma said, "Anyone who can simply be attached to You by devotional service can know Your actual position, birth, appearance, disappearance and activities"
- Brahma said, "Persons with a poor fund of knowledge may think that because You are the son of Maharaja Nanda You are not the original person, that You are born just like a human being. They are mistaken"
- By remaining in Kamsa's association, they (some of the chief devotees, such as Akrura) would be able to see the SPofG take birth and display His childhood pastimes, and Akrura would later go to Vrndavana to bring Krsna and Balarama to Mathura
- Devaki and Rohini said, "We shall never forget your kindly behavior toward us. When Krsna and Balarama were born, before They even saw Their real father and mother, They were entrusted to your care"
- Devaki, although safe because she had already given birth to her own son, Krsna, was anxious to save the daughter of someone else. This was natural for her
- Fifteen days after Krsna's birth, Radharani appeared. Radharani is Krsna's pleasure potency
- From above, the goddess addressed Kamsa: “You rascal, how can you kill me? The child who will kill you is already born before me somewhere within this world. Don’t be so cruel to your poor sister”
- From the opulence of the birth ceremony of Krsna, it is very clear that at that time Vrndavana was rich in every respect
- Garga Muni continued to say, "My dear King of Vraja, in His previous births this child many times protected righteous persons from the hands of rogues and thieves whenever there was political disruption"
- Garga Muni indirectly disclosed, This child was originally born as the son of Vasudeva, although He is acting as your child. Generally He is your (Nanda Maharaja's) child, but sometimes He is the son of Vasudeva
- Garga Muni intimated to Nanda Maharaja that the female child was born of Yasoda and that Krsna was born of Devaki & they were exchanged. Also, the female child, Durga, had informed Kamsa that the child who would kill him was already born somewhere else
- Having heard from Yogamaya, the daughter of Devaki, that the child who will kill him (Kamsa) has already been born somewhere else may certainly consider this point and suspect that Krsna is the son of Devaki and Vasudeva - SB 10.8.8-9
- Having taken birth in that family (dynasty of the Yadus), how could Krsna have been seduced, even by the gopis? It is concluded, therefore, that it was not possible for Krsna to do anything abominable
- He (Akrura) told how Narada had met Kamsa and how he himself was deputed by Kamsa to come to Vrndavana. Akrura explained to Krsna that Narada had told Kamsa all about Krsna’s being transferred from Mathura to Vrndavana just after His birth
- He (Balarama) was actually the seventh son of Devaki prior to the birth of Lord Krsna, but by the will of the Lord He was transferred to the womb of Rohini to escape the wrath of Kamsa
- He (Kalayavana) rebuked Him with the following words, "O Krsna! I heard that You are a great hero born in the dynasty of Yadu, but I see that You are running away from fighting, like a coward. It is not worthy of Your good name and family tradition"
- He (Kamsa) made further alliances with such kings as Banasura and Bhaumasura, until he was the strongest. Then he began to behave most inimically toward the Yadu dynasty, into which Krsna was to take His birth
- He (Kamsa) patiently waited for the delivery of the child, expecting to kill Him (Krsna), as he had done previously with the other babies of Devaki
- He (Kamsa) then called for Akrura, one of the descendants in the family of Yadu, in which Krsna was born as the son of Vasudeva. When Akrura came to see Kamsa, Kamsa very politely shook hands with him
- He (Krsna was born of Devaki but according to His original plan He went to Vrndavana and after eleven years) would return to kill Kamsa. Because Kamsa did not know this, he believed Yogamaya's statement that Krsna was born elsewhere, not of Devaki
- He (Krsna) does not act or take His birth like an ordinary living being under the custody of material energy. Nor is His body material or changeable like that of ordinary living beings
- He (Krsna) exists at all times and at every place, but by His causeless mercy when He appears before us we take it for granted that He has taken His birth
- He (Krsna) had also glorified King Yadu, having taken His birth in the family. He is known as Yadava, Yaduvira, Yadunandana, etc., although the Lord is always independent of such obligation
- He (Sukadeva Gosvami) spoke of how Krsna had personally appeared to reduce the burden on the earth, how He had manifested His pastimes as a householder, and how, soon after His birth, He had transferred Himself to His Vrajabhumi-lila
- His (Krsna's) birth in the family of King Yadu as the son of King Vasudeva and His transfer into the family of Nanda Maharaja in the land of Mathura are all transcendental arrangements made by the internal potency of the Lord
- His birth is like the appearance and disappearance of the sun. The sun arises on the eastern horizon, but that does not mean that the eastern horizon is the parent of the sun
- How supremely glorified is the dynasty of King Yadu, and how virtuous is the land of Mathura, where the supreme leader (Krsna) of all living beings, the husband of the goddess of fortune, has taken His birth and wandered in His childhood
- I (Krsna) have shown you this form of Visnu just to remind you (Devaki and Vasudeva) of My previous births. If I appeared like an ordinary human child, you would not believe that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, has indeed appeared - SB 10.3.44
- If anyone simply understands this subject matter, why Krsna takes birth, why Krsna works as ordinary man - these are all transcendental subject matter - then he becomes free
- If simply by knowing the transcendental nature of the birth and activities of the Lord one can get liberation easily, we can just imagine what is in store for those who actually enjoyed the company of the Lord in person as a family member or as a neighbor
- If we read life of Krsna, we can see that He's Krsna, God, from the very beginning of His birth. God is not manufactured by some mystic power. God is God, and dog is dog. A dog cannot become God; God cannot become dog. That is difference
- In an astronomical treatise by the name Khamanikya, the constellations at the time of the appearance of Lord Krsna are very nicely described. It is confirmed that the child born at that auspicious moment was the Supreme Brahman, or the Absolute Truth
- In Bhagavad-gita, the Lord says that His birth and deeds are transcendental and that anyone who is so fortunate as to know the transcendental nature of His birth and deeds will at once become liberated and eligible to return to the kingdom of God
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.2.16) it is stated: bhagavan api visvatma bhaktanam abhayan-karah avivesamsa-bhagena mana anakadundubheh. This is a statement regarding the birth of Lord Krsna
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.3.11) there is a statement that when Krsna took His birth, Vasudeva immediately took advantage of this moment and distributed ten thousand cows to the brahmanas
- In that ceremony (for Krsna's birth), all the assembled brahmanas began to chant different kinds of Vedic mantras to invoke all good fortune for the child. There are different kinds of chanting, known as suta, magadha, vandija and virudavali
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord (Krsna) says that He takes His birth in the material world, although He is the Lord of all creations and He is unborn. So there cannot be any denial of the birth of the Unborn because He Himself establishes the truth
- In the Fourth Chapter of the BG Krsna tells Arjuna that both He and Arjuna had had many births before and that He (Krsna) could remember all of them but Arjuna could not. This illustrates the difference between the knowledge of Krsna and that of Arjuna
- In the heavenly planets (during the birth of Krsna), the angels and their wives, along with the Vidyadharas and their wives, began to dance
- In this connection (to Krsna's birth), even the demigods from the celestial kingdom were also bewildered. As it is stated, muhyanti yat surayah (SB 1.1.1). They came to offer their prayers to Devaki, thinking that the Supreme Lord was within her womb
- In this regard, Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura desires to prove with evidence from many sastras that Krsna actually took birth as the son of Yasoda before the birth of Yogamaya, who is therefore described as the Lord's younger sister
- It is said, "My Lord Janardana (Krsna), please let us know the date when Your mother Devaki devi gave birth to You. If You kindly inform us about this, then we shall observe a great celebration on this date"
- Just after His (Krsna's) birth in the house of Vasudeva in Mathura, Krsna transferred Himself to Gokula, on the other side of the Yamuna, and after some days He moved with His father, mother and other relatives to Nanda-grama, Vrndavana
- Just like the father is the body - giving person, seed, seed-giving father, similarly, Krsna, although He is the origin of everything, but still, He is born by the seed of Nanda Maharaja. This is Krsna-lila
- Kamsa became perplexed now that his death was approaching, and his hair scattered. Immediately he proceeded toward the place where the child was born
- Kamsa killed all the sons of Devaki who were born before Krsna, but Krsna escaped the danger of child-slaughter because He was transferred to the house of Nanda Maharaja, Lord Krsna's foster father
- Kamsa wanted to kill Krsna just after His birth. He failed to do so, but later on he got information that Krsna was living in Vrndavana at the house of Nanda. He therefore engaged many wizards who could perform wonderful acts & assume any form they liked
- Kamsa was an enemy of Krsna's. From the very beginning of Krsna's birth, he planned in so many ways to kill Him, and because he was always unsuccessful, he was always thinking of Krsna. BG 1972 purports
- Kamsa, a representative of the demons, was always ready to kill Krsna, or God, whereas Vasudeva represents a transcendentally situated person to whom Krsna is born - Vasudeva is the son of Vasudeva
- King Nanda said, "Previously He (Krsna) had a white color, then a red color, then a yellow color. He also said that this boy was once the son of Vasudeva, and everyone who knows of His previous birth calls Him Vasudeva"
- Knowledge of the transcendental nature of the birth and deeds of Lord Sri Krsna is sufficient for liberation
- Krsna actually took birth from the womb of Devaki, but just after His birth He was transferred to the home of mother Yasoda. Devaki could not even have Krsna suck her breast
- Krsna and Balarama said, "Dear father and mother, although We were born of Vasudeva and Devaki, you have been Our real father and mother, because from Our very birth and childhood you raised Us with great affection and love"
- Krsna continued, "I have specifically taken My birth as the son of Vasudeva in the Yadu dynasty, and people therefore know Me as Vasudeva, the son of Vasudeva"
- Krsna continued, "My dear beautiful princess, you may also know that I am always penniless. Just after My birth, I was carried penniless to the house of Nanda Maharaja, and I was raised just like a cowherd boy"
- Krsna has no obligation that He has to take His birth in a particular family or particular country. He has no such obligation. But to glorify a certain family or certain person because he is devotee, therefore He has taken birth
- Krsna has taken birth or taken shelter within the womb of the Krsna consciousness movement. Men of Kamsa's class, therefore, are very much afraid and are busy trying to stop this movement, especially in the Western countries
- Krsna is called nitya-lila. He is taking His birth, He is fighting in the battle of Kuruksetra, He's dancing with the gopis. That is going on eternally in either of the so many, innumerable universes
- Krsna is compared to the moon, born in the ocean of the womb of Devaki. When He returns in the evening, it appears that He is fatigued, but He still tries to gladden the inhabitants of Vrndavana by His auspicious presence
- Krsna is taking birth as the son of Devaki or Mother Yasoda, but He's not taking birth exactly like us. That is described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam. When Krsna appeared, He did not come out or did not come out from the womb of Devaki
- Krsna says in Bhagavad-gita that His birth is not ordinary - janma karma ca me divyam - BG 4.9
- Krsna tells Arjuna that although they both took birth many, many times before, Krsna remembers everything about His previous appearances but Arjuna does not remember
- Krsna took birth in the family of the Yadus, and consequently the Yadu dynasty is famous all over the world
- Krsna was born and transferred to the home of Yasoda in Gokula, the strong doors opened and again closed, and Vasudeva resumed his former condition of being shackled. The watchmen, however, could not understand all this
- Krsna was born during the month of September, yet it appeared like springtime. The atmosphere, however, was very cool, although not chilly, and the rivers and reservoirs appeared just as they would in sarat, the fall
- Krsna was born the son of Devaki, but according to the Lord's original plan, as prophesied to Brahma, He went to Vrndavana to give pleasure to mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja and other intimate friends and devotees for eleven years
- Krsna was sent incognito to the bed of Mother Yasoda, and after Nanda very pompously celebrated Krsna's birth ceremony, he went to Mathura. So Vasudeva was very much pleased and said, "This is a new birth for me"
- Krsna's birth is transcendental. Our birth is by force, by the laws of nature. He's not under the laws of nature. The laws of nature works under Him. Mayadhyaksena prakrtih suyate sa-caracaram. Prakrti, nature is working under the order of Krsna
- Krsna's lila, from His birth up to the disappearance, that is always existing. Disappearance means disappearance from my eyes. Krsna does not disappear
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, thus entered the body of Devaki from the body of Vasudeva without being subject to any of the conditions of an ordinary living entity
- Krsna’s appearance may be manifested in this universe at one moment, and immediately after His birth, this pastime is manifested in the next universe
- Kuntidevi knows that Krsna is unborn. Krsna does not take birth, but it appears like that to some fools. Therefore they say that Krsna has taken birth
- Nanda Maharaja & other members of the family dressed & sat down in front of the birthplace. The brahmanas who were assembled there on this occasion chanted auspicious mantras, according to the rituals, while the astrologers performed the birth ceremony
- Narada Muni said, "You (Krsna) have taken birth in the Yadu dynasty, or the Vrsni dynasty. Your advent on the surface of the earth in Your original form of eternal blissful knowledge is Your own pastime"
- Not wanting to be ridiculed for having given birth to Visnu, Devaki wanted Krsna, with two hands, and therefore she requested the Lord to change His form
- O my (Vasudeva) Lord (Krsna), Lord of the demigods, after hearing the prophecy that You would take birth in our (Vasudeva's and Devaki's) home and kill him, this uncivilized Kamsa killed so many of Your elder brothers - SB 10.3.22
- Of course it is bewildering, O soul of the universe, that You (Krsna) work, though You are inactive, and that You take birth, though You are the vital force and the unborn
- On inquiring he (Vasudeva) was confident that the mystery of Krsna's birth and His being placed in the care of Yasoda was still hidden. There was no danger, since Kamsa at least could not learn what had already happened
- On that auspicious occasion (of the birth ceremony of Krsna), there were different bands of expert musicians playing
- On the occasion of Lord Krsna's birth, seasonal changes took place throughout the entire universe
- One friend of Nanda, speaking about Krsna's auspicious bodily symptoms, said, "My dear King of the cowherds, I can find 32 auspicious symptoms on the body of your son! I am wondering how this boy could have taken his birth in the family of cowherd men"
- One gopi said, "My dear Krsna, ever since You took Your birth in this land of Vrajabhumi, everything appears to be glorious. The land of Vrndavana has become glorious, and it is as if the goddess of fortune is personally always existing here"
- One may ask, Since the Supreme Lord is the original father of all living entities, how could a lady known as Devaki give birth to Him as her son? The answer is that Devaki no more gave birth to the Lord than the eastern horizon gives birth to the sun
- One should know in truth how Krsna, who takes His birth transcendentally, acts to kill the demons but is never killed. When one perfectly understands Krsna in this way, through the medium of sastra, one becomes immortal
- One who cannot understand Krsna, what is Krsna, which Vyasadeva has described what is Krsna in nine cantos, to understand Krsna, and then in the Tenth Canto he begins the birth advent of Krsna
- One who understands this fact (Krsna's birth and body are not like that of ordinary living beings), either from the Lord or from authorized sources, is not reborn after leaving the present material body
- Others say that since both Vasudeva and Devaki prayed for You (Krsna), You have taken Your birth as their son. Undoubtedly You are unborn, yet You take Your birth for their welfare and to kill those who are envious of the demigods
- Our duty is to know Krsna. Janma karma. Krsna comes, Krsna appears, Krsna disappears. Why Krsna comes? Why Krsna is not seen? Janma karma. Why He acts? Why He takes birth in the battlefield of Kuruksetra? Why He teaches Arjuna?
- Sahadeva said, "Because His (Krsna's) transcendental body is full of knowledge and bliss in eternity, He doesn't undergo the six kinds of material changes - birth, existence, growth, production, dwindling and vanishing"
- Salva addressed Krsna, "You rascal, Krsna! Look. This is Your father, who has begotten You and by whose mercy You are still living. Now just see how I kill Your father. If You have any strength, try to save him"
- Seeing King Mucukunda eager to know about His identity, Lord Krsna answered smilingly as follows, "My dear King, it is practically impossible to tell about My birth, appearance, disappearance and activities"
- She (Yogamaya) informed Kamsa about the birth of his enemy, Krsna, and being thus baffled, Kamsa consulted his associates, who were all demons. When this big conspiracy was taking place, this verse (of CC Madhya 15.270) was spoken by Sukadeva Gosvami
- Significant (in SB 10.5.1-2) are the words karayam asa vidhivat. Being overwhelmed with jubilation over the birth of his son, Nanda Maharaja did not see whether the cord was cut or not. Thus he performed the ceremony very gorgeously
- Simply by knowing in truth about the Lord's transcendental births and activities, one can get liberation at once. That is the verdict of the Bhagavad-gita
- Since I (Krsna) found no one else as highly elevated as you (Devaki, then Prsni) in simplicity and other qualities of good character, I appeared in this world as Prsnigarbha, or one who is celebrated as having taken birth from Prsni - SB 10.3.41
- Since Krsna is not subject to birth, death, old age or disease, and since we are part and parcel of Krsna, we also are not subject to birth, death, old age and disease
- Some of the arca representations of the Lord situated in different places of pilgrimage are mentioned herewith. The Lord is present at Mathura (the birthplace of Lord Krsna) as Adi-kesava
- Some say that the Unborn is born for the glorification of pious kings, and others say that He is born to please King Yadu, one of Your dearest devotees. You appear in his family as sandalwood appears in the Malaya Hills
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura quotes Sripada Baladeva Vidyabhusana, who refers to the prayers offered by the demigods to Lord Krsna in the womb of Devaki and summarizes the birth of Krsna - in CC Adi 13.86
- Srimad-Bhagavatam gives the full narration of Krsna’s transcendental activities. The first nine cantos explain who Krsna is, and the Lord’s birth and activities are narrated in the Tenth Canto
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Before that birth as a ksatriya, He (Krsna) took His birth as a brahmana boy known as Vamanadeva and asked charity from Bali Maharaja. Bali Maharaja was so magnanimous that he gave Him whatever he had"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "We have all heard this from our grandmother Paurnamasi. She has informed us that Krsna was born in a ksatriya family previous to this birth and was known as Ramacandra"
- Suta Gosvami said: Now I shall begin the transcendental narration of the Lord Krsna & topics of the birth, activities & deliverance of King Pariksit, the sage amongst kings, as well as topics of the renunciation of the worldly order by the sons of Pandu
- The Asuras wrongly think that Krsna took birth like an ordinary child and passed away from this world like an ordinary man. Such asuric conceptions are rejected by persons in knowledge of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The brahmanas were very pleased to perform their daily ritualistic ceremonies undisturbed - On the occasion of Lord Krsna's birth
- The business of the vaisya community is trade, commerce and the protection of cows. Therefore his friend, who may have been born into a brahmana family, expressed his wonder at how such an exalted child could take birth in a family of vaisyas
- The citizens of Mathura began to recite Krsna's pastimes - His birth as the son of Vasudeva, His being taken into the care of Nanda Maharaja and his wife in Gokula, and all those events leading to His coming to Mathura to favor them
- The first time I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni and Sutapa, in the next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi and Kasyapa, and now for the third time I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki and Vasudeva
- The gopi wives of the cowherd men were very pleased to hear that mother Yasoda had given birth to a son, and they began to decorate themselves very nicely with proper dresses, ornaments, black ointment for the eyes, and so on - SB 10.5.9
- The Lord appears in a particular family or place by His inconceivable potency. He does not take His birth as a conditioned soul quits his body and accepts another body
- The Lord says to Arjuna, "You and I had many, many births previously, but I remember everything, whereas you do not." That is the difference between the living entity, or conditioned soul, and the Supreme Soul
- The next day, it was declared that a male child (Krsna) had been born to Yasoda. According to Vedic custom, Nanda Maharaja called for learned astrologers and brahmanas to perform the birth ceremony
- The only difference (between Devaki and Yasoda) is that Devaki was able to understand that the SP of Godhead had been born to her and had now changed into Krsna, whereas Yasoda was not able to understand what kind of child had been born to her
- The pastimes of the Lord (Krsna), beginning from His birth at the prison house of Kamsa up to the mausala-lila at the end, all move one after another in all the universes, just as the clock hand moves from one point to another
- The Personality of Godhead, who is worshiped by all the Vedas and Upanisads, as well as by the sankhya system of philosophy and all authorized scriptures, was considered to be born in her (Yasoda's) womb
- The rivers were flowing full of water, and the lakes were beautifully decorated with lotus flowers. The forests were full with beautiful birds and peacocks - at the time of Krsna's birth
- The rivers were flowing full of waters, and lakes were beautifully decorated with lotus flowers. The forests were full with beautiful birds and peacocks (during the birth of Krsna)
- The third point of wonder (of Vasudeva by seeing his extraordinary child) was that a child could take birth from the womb so nicely decorated
- The transcendental topics of Lord Sri Krsna's superhuman activities, His incarnation, His birth, appearance or disappearance, His forms, His names and so on are all easily understandable because all requirements are fulfilled
- The word aja refers to Krsna, who explains in Bhagavad-gita (BG 4.6), ajo 'pi sann avyayatma: "I am ever existing, and thus I never take birth. There is no change in My existence"
- The word ajana-sankaya indicates that Lord Visnu never takes birth (ajana) and that He therefore appeared as Krsna, taking birth just like a human being - manusim tanum asritam
- The word anuja, meaning "the younger sister," is significant. When Visnu, or Krsna, took birth from Devaki, He must have simultaneously taken birth from Yasoda also. Otherwise how could Yogamaya have been anuja, the Lord's younger sister
- The words tvaritam jagmuh indicate how happy the village women were to understand that mother Yasoda had given birth to a wonderful child known as Krsna
- Then Vasudeva remembered the cows he had wanted to give in charity to the brahmanas after the birth of Krsna & Balarama. But being imprisoned by Kamsa at that time, Vasudeva had been able to do so only within his mind, for Kamsa had stolen all his cows
- There are different opinions about the birth of the Unborn because the Lord's (Krsna's) appearance in this material world is bewildering
- There are different opinions as to why He (Krsna) takes His birth. That is also declared in the Bhagavad-gita. He appears by His own internal potency to reestablish the principles of religion and to protect the pious and to annihilate the impious
- There are many statements about the festive days in connection with Krsna's different activities. One of these festive days is Janmastami, the day of Krsna's birth
- There is no need of separately worshiping either the visnu-tattva or jiva-tattva. If one concentrates upon Krsna, one worships everyone. Therefore, because mother Devaki gave birth to Krsna, she is described here (in SB 10.1.56) as sarva-devata
- There were also many learned brahmanas present (at the birth ceremony of Krsna), and Nanda Maharaja, being very satisfied on this occasion, gave them different kinds of garments, ornaments and cows in charity
- There were auspicious stars visible in the sky (during the birth of Krsna), and on the surface in all towns and villages and pasturing grounds and within the minds of everyone there were signs of good fortune
- Thereafter (after Krsna's birth ceremony), my dear King Pariksit, O best protector of the Kuru dynasty, Nanda Maharaja appointed the local cowherd men to protect Gokula and then went to Mathura to pay the yearly taxes to King Kamsa - SB 10.5.19
- Thereafter, at the conjunction of two yugas, the Lord of the creation will take His birth as the Kalki incarnation and become the son of Visnu Yasa. At this time the rulers of the earth will have degenerated into plunderers
- They (the brahmanas) could hear loud vibrations in the sky of transcendental sounds proclaiming the appearance of the Supreme Personality of Godhead - at the time of Krsna's birth
- They (wives and daughters of the cowherd men) sprinkled a mixture of turmeric powder, oil and water upon the birthless Supreme Lord (Krsna) and offered their prayers - SB 10.5.12
- This statement (SB 10.4.46) was made by Sukadeva Gosvami to Maharaja Pariksit. This quotation (of CC Madhya 15.270) concerns the attempted killing of Krsna’s sister (Yogamaya), who appeared before Krsna’s birth as the daughter of mother Yasoda
- Those who are in the darkness of ignorance conclude that the Lord's birth and activities in the material world are similar to those of the ordinary living being. Such imperfect conclusions cannot give anyone liberation
- Those who doubt that the Supreme Personality of Godhead can come as a human being and turn Himself into a human child are fools who think that Krsna's body is material, that He is born and that He therefore also dies
- To refer to their (citizen of Dvaraka) intimate connection with Krsna, they addressed Him as Yadunandana because He was born the son of Vasudeva in the Yadu dynasty
- Today the moon is conjoined with the auspicious star of Your (Krsna's) birth. Therefore, be pure and give cows in charity to the brahmanas - SB 10.11.18
- Vasudeva began to narrate his own past history - how he had been imprisoned by King Kamsa, how his babies had been killed, how immediately after Krsna’s birth he had carried Krsna to the place of Nanda Maharaja
- Vasudeva is that state from which Krsna, Vasudeva, is born, so Lord Siva is the greatest devotee of Lord Krsna, and Sati's behavior is exemplary because no one should tolerate blasphemy against Lord Visnu or His devotee
- Vasudeva said, "Since You (Krsna and Balarama) are the supreme cause of everything, the interactions of the material manifestation - birth, growth, existence, transformation, deterioration and annihilation - are all absent in You"
- Vasudeva saw the newborn child, who had very wonderful lotuslike eyes and who bore in His four hands the four weapons sankha, cakra, gada and padma On His chest was the mark of Srivatsa and on His neck the brilliant Kaustubha gem - SB 10.3.9-10
- Vasudeva's fourth point of wonder upon seeing his extraordinary son: the Supreme Personality of Godhead was Vasudeva's worshipable Deity yet had taken birth as his son
- Visnu said: At that time also I appeared before you in this form just to fulfill your desire, and I asked you to ask whatever you desired. At that time you wished to have Me born as your son
- Visnu said: I could have appeared just like an ordinary child, but in that way you would not have believed that the Supreme Personality of Godhead had taken birth in your womb
- Visnu said: I gave you the benediction that I would take birth as your son three times. First, I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni & Sutapa, next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi & Kasyapa, and now I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki & Vasudeva
- Visnu said: I have appeared in this Visnu form just to convince you that I am the same Supreme Personality of Godhead again taken birth
- When all the ecstatic cowherd men heard that Nanda Maharaja, the father of Krsna, was celebrating the birth ceremony of his son, they became spontaneously joyful
- When He (Krsna) appeared before Devaki and Vasudeva, He was not born as an ordinary child; He appeared in His original form, and then He transformed Himself into an ordinary child. BG 1972 purports
- When Krsna takes His birth within this material world, His pastimes are considered to be manifest. However, when He disappears, one should not think that He is finished, for His pastimes are going on in an unmanifest form
- When Lord Krsna took His birth, He appeared outside the womb as four-handed Visnu. Then Devaki and Vasudeva offered their prayers to Him and asked Him to assume His two-handed form
- When the Lord mentioned the birth of Prsnigarbha, He did not say tenaiva vapusa, but He assured Devaki that in the third birth the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna had appeared, not His partial expansion
- When Vasudeva understood from Nanda Maharaja that the mystery of Krsna's birth and His having been exchanged with Yasoda's daughter was yet undisclosed, he was happy that things were going on nicely
- While Nanda Maharaja was worshiping Lord Visnu on this occasion (of Krsna's birth ceremony) and was trying to satisfy all the people there, his only desire was that the newborn child Krsna would be happy
- Without regard for material understandings, we can accept that Nanda Maharaja's celebration for the ceremony of Krsna's birth was proper. This ceremony is therefore well known everywhere as Nandotsava