Pages in category "Interpreting God"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Generally there is no ambiguity in the words of God, but due to our lack of perfect knowledge we sometimes cannot understand and try to interpret
- Glorification of the holy name is glorification of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. One should never attempt to distinguish between the Lord and His name or interpret the glories of the holy name as mere exaggerations
- The Mayavada Philosophy has played havoc in spiritual understanding leading to Atheistic tendency. The interpretation that one has to be naked before the Lord is also mayavada philosophy
- The offenses against the holy name are as follows: (4) to minimize the authority of scriptures (Vedas), (5) to interpret the holy name of God, (6) to commit sins on the strength of chanting, (7) to instruct the glories of Lord’s name to the unfaithful
- The sixth offense (against the holy name) is to give some interpretation on the holy name of God
- These offenses (while chanting the holy name) are: (4) minimizing the authority of the scriptures, (5) interpreting the holy names of God, (6) committing sins on the strength of chanting, (7) instructing the glories of the Lord's names to the unfaithful