If There Is No
"If there is no"
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "If There Is No"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- A very nice, big machine, aeroplane, 747, but if there is no pilot, who will drive it? The machine is worthless unless there is the pilot. Similarly this is also machine, this body
- And if there is no rain, what factory will do, you rascal? You can manufacture scissors and knives and buckets of plastic, but you cannot prepare rice and wheat. That is not possible, sir. That will depend on rain
- At the time of death, fire burns the gross body, and if there is no more desire for material enjoyment the subtle body is also ended, and in this way a pure soul remains
- Because in this world, the world of duality, dual world, everything is to be understood by duality. We cannot understand what is honor if there is no dishonor
- Because they have no brain to understand what is God. So in the human society, if there is no brahmana who can teach about God, who can elevate persons to God consciousness, then it is also animal society
- Bhakti means the business between Bhagavan and bhakta. That is bhakti. If there is no Bhagavan then where is bhakti
- Can any scientist say that this is the vitamin value in dry grass? If there is no vitamin value in dry grass, how the cow is producing so much milk, who is full of vitamins A and D? How, from dry grass, vitamins coming out?
- Concerning Puri, whether there is potency of vegetation. That we have to examine. If there is no such potency, then we are not interested. And what about transportation across the hot sand? In the summer season, it will be too hot
- Concerning Rathayatra festival, you can hold it in the warm months, just like in Melbourne, the festival is held in January. Pusta Krsna Swami is going to arrange to have Jagannatha Deities sent from Puri if there is no one expert enough to make Deities
- Dharma is the basic principle of civilization. If there is no dharma, then it is the society of the animals
- Disciple means who accept discipline. If there is no discipline, where is disciple? And "disciplic succession." We have used this word. Not that discipline is finished by one man, no. It will continue to go by succession
- Don't think nature is blind. Nature is matter, material energy. It cannot work independently, just like machine. Machine, it is made of matter. But if there is no driver, however efficient machine may be, it is useless
- Husband-wife means, a man requires a woman, a woman requires a man. They should be combined in such a way that they can live peacefully. If there is no disturbance of the mind, then they can make further progress in spiritual life
- Hypocrisy, when there is sinful activity, then hypocrisy. If there is no sin, where is the possibility of hypocrisy? A sinful man may pose himself a religious man. That is hypocrisy. But if there is no sin, then where is hypocrisy?
- I cannot continue to send so much money if there is no clear idea how to save
- I do not understand why he is engaged in this business of his if there is not any tangible profit. He says that there is big, big money but still he has not yet paid ISKCON the debt that he has. Therefore what is this business
- If there is no brain, there is no head. If the brain is not working properly, then he's a madman. And if there is no head at all, then he's a dead man. So do you think in a dead society or in a mad society there can be any peace?
- If there is no conception of God, if one does not know what is God and what is the order of God, then that type of religion is cheating religion and that kind of religion is completely thrown out from Srimad-Bhagavatam
- If there is no conception of God, there is no direction of God, that is not religion. Religion is not a kind of blind faith. Religion is factual
- If there is no engagement, good engagement, better engagement, then it is a cause of misery. It is a cause of misery. It is very difficult
- If there is no expert manager, you create some manager. That is most important thing, to create
- If there is no family attraction, there is no regulated life. We have got very good experience of these things. So family attraction required. It is not that it is rejected. It is required for regulated life
- If there is no good management, where is the use of office? Simply occupying seats?
- If there is no good production, the government should not levy any tax. But now, at the present moment, "You go to hell, but you must pay the tax. And we divide the tax amongst ourself." That's all
- If there is no jobs at all, then you can fully engage yourself in Krishna's job by chanting in the parks and public places, and certainly Krishna will send you salaries
- If there is no Krsna consciousness, any kind of activity, be it philanthropic, political or social, simply causes karma-bandhana, bondage to material work
- If there is no such institution as varnasrama-dharma and if human society has no such guide as the brahmana, human society will be hellish
- If there is no taste to water, the water has no meaning; if there is no heat in the fire, the fire has no meaning. Similarly, when there is want of intelligence, spirit has no meaning
- If there is no training, naturally it will deteriorate
- If there was no Krsna's grace, how this institution would have come into existence? It was not possible, such a big institution, all by one man's endeavor, starting with forty rupees. Simply Krsna's grace. So don't spoil that
- If there were no rebirth for the soul, Arjuna had no reason to be afraid of being affected by sinful reactions due to his killing his grandfather and teacher
- If you become intelligent, then you will not be befooled. They can befool when there are many fools. If there is no fool they cannot befool
- If you want to learn the transcendental subject matter, then you must adopt three things. First of all surrender. Find out that kind of person where you can surrender. If there is no surrender, it is not possible
- If you want to love Krsna, there is no check. There is no check. The road is open. Simply you have to become sincere. That's all. Then Krsna will clear the way. And if there is no sincerity, then Krsna's maya is there
- In a big sacrificial ceremony there may be many things accumulated to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but if there is no devotion, attachment or love for the Lord, the arrangement is useless
- In India the custom is that even an ordinary person is offered a glass of water if he suddenly visits and one cannot offer him foodstuff. If there is no water, then one can offer a sitting place, even if it is on straw mats
- In our Krsna conscious society, if there is no mutual cooperation, then it will fall down immediately
- In the beginning you may be very liberal: "All right, chant." We do like that, and I have done it. There is no regulation. But that does not..., that it should be neglected
- In the transcendental state there is neither material creation nor the Causal Ocean for material nature
- It is not that sudra is not required. Sudra is required, but if you make propaganda simply to make people sudras, then who will give direction? If there is no head, who will give the direction?
- Otherwise there are no instruments here for the kirtana, and that will be a great dishonor for displaying the sankirtana movement to people of Bombay
- Our movement is that beginning of spiritual life is to surrender. If there is no surrendering, then it is no advance. If that thing is lacking, there is no beginning even, what to speak of advancement
- Religion means surrendering unto God, or Krsna. That is religion. If there is no such principle... Surrendering unto God, that is religion. Not the rituals. Rituals are superficial
- Routine eating must be there. We should not eat more than that. But the best principle is if we do not feel hungry, we should not eat. But if there is no hunger and at the same time no appetite and we eat, that brings indigestion, dysentery, indigestion
- Sastra says, na grham grham ity ahuh: "Simply a house is not grha." There must be the housewife. That means wife. Grhini grham ucyate. In Hindi this word is used, garbhali means if there is no wife, that is not grha
- Smrti means "memory," and svapa means "sleep." Sleep is also necessary to keep the intelligence in working order. If there is no sleep, the brain cannot work nicely
- So far as leaving your karmi job, I have no objection provided there is no scarcity of money for running the temple. Then you can devote yourself full time to pushing on this movement and developing St. Louis center
- So far foodstuffs, you should collect profusely. If you collect more distribute more, and if you collect less, distribute less, but only distribute what you have collected. If there is no food, do not contribute our own funds for this purpose
- So far the living arrangement is concerned, the grhasthas should be given chance to live together as husband and wife. If not, then all the girls can stay in a place and all the boys can stay in a place, if there is not sufficient space
- So long the pilot is there, the machine is useful. If there is no pilot, it may stand in the airport for millions of years; it will not fly. Very practical
- Sridhara Svami has remarked that a pure devotee takes advantage of another pure devotee by trying to hear from him about the holy name, form and qualities of the Lord. If there is no such opportunity, he alone chants and hears the Lord's holy name
- Suppose I have established this temple. Now under my direction, my disciples are worshiping vigraha. Vigraha means the form of the Lord, rupa. But if there is no following of the regulative principles, then after my death it will be galagraha, a burden
- That is the difference between idol worship and Deity worship. If there is no life, then it is idol worship, hedonism
- The idea of a woman's asrama is good. Those not married, if there is not provision for separate living quarters for them in the temples, they can go there
- The proprietor of the house, he will take his meals, and before taking his meals, he will stand outdoors and call, "If somebody is hungry, please come. Still there is food here." And if there is no response, then he'll take. This is the Vedic system
- There is a Sanskrit proverb that says that there is not any better knowledge than to become a musician. Our Krishna Consciousness movement is practically based upon music and dancing
- This material world means full of anxieties. That is material world. And when you come to the spiritual platform, there is no anxieties, no
- What is the use of fruitive activities, which are naturally painful from the very beginning and transient by nature, if they are not utilized for the devotional service of the Lord?
- What the hands and legs will do if there is brain, if there is no brain? So at the present moment there is scarcity of brain in the whole human society. Therefore, it is in the chaotic condition
- What you will do with money? If there is no grain, then will you eat money? (laughter)