humble | humbled | humbleness | humbler | humblest | humbling | humbly
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- ► Krsna Is Humble (1 P)
- ► My Humble... (Prabhupada) (32 P)
- ► Prabhupada and His Humility (87 P)
- ► Radharani Is Humble and Meek (2 P)
- ► Very Humble (3 C, 26 P)
Pages in category "Humble"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total.
- A boy should not go to the girl's father and ask for the hand of his daughter in marriage. That is considered to be humbling one's respectable position
- A dhirodatta is a person who is naturally very grave, gentle, forgiving, merciful, determined, humble, highly qualified, chivalrous and bodily attractive
- A humble devotee who may not be a great sage, but simply by his implicit acceptance of the Lotus Feet of the Lord as the goal of his life means that he is under the protection of yogamaya
- A spiritual master or leader should not be proud of his position; being always humbler than an ordinary common man, he should go on preaching the cult of Caitanya Mahaprabhu by chanting the Hare Krsna mantra
- According to Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, hamsa-saranam refers to the cottage in which saintly persons live. Generally saintly people live in a remote place in the forest or in a humble cottage. However, we should note that the times have changed
- After all the rsis and others had seated themselves comfortably, the King, humbly standing before them with folded hands, told them of his decision to fast until death
- After offering them (the wives of the brahmanas) all respectful obeisances, the boys said, "Dear mothers, please accept our humble obeisances and hear our statement. May we inform you that Lord Krsna and Balarama are nearby"
- All right, I shall become humble. Then what will be my business? Then how I shall make progress?
- All such wonders (each and every planet is made differently and has different wonderful features) were personally experienced by Kardama Muni while he traveled with his wife, yet he could return again to his humble hermitage
- Arjuna prayed to the lord (Siva) in all humbleness, and the lord, being pleased with him, presented him the pasupata weapon. He acquired many other important weapons from different demigods
- As a great king of the entire world, he (Prthu Maharaja) could have given them (the members of the assembly) orders, but he was so humble, meek and honest that he presented his statement for approval in order to clarify his mature decision
- As a humble Vaisnava, he (Dhruva Maharaja) accepted blessings from all the sages before riding on the plane brought by the chief of the Vaikuntha associates
- Before learning these principles of nonviolence one has to learn two other principles, namely to be humble and to be prideless
- Bilvamangala Thakura wrote, "I know that I am not at all fit to offer my prayers to You, but because You are known as Dinabandhu, the friend of the fallen, I humbly pray that You will kindly purify me by the beams of Your transcendental glance"
- By the grace of a spiritual master like Sukadeva, unto whom the King (Pariksit) gave himself up as a most humble disciple one is able to understand the actual position of the Lord His eternal abode & His transcendental paraphernalia in that dhama or abode
- Even the first-grade offender is excused simply by this process, and Maharaja Pariksit, although honored by all the rsis and kings, welcomed all the big men in that humble etiquette in order to be excused from any offenses
- Everyone should be prepared to propagate this movement (of Krsna consciousness). As instructed by Lord Caitanya, one should be humbler than the grass on the ground and more tolerant than the tree
- Generally at the last stage of one's life this humble method is adopted by every sensible man in order to be excused before departure
- Genuine jnanis know how everything is connected to Brahman, the Absolute Truth. They are humble, unassuming, clean, brahminical, and reverent toward the guru, and they possess many other good qualities
- Getting up from the ground & seeing Brahma before him, the head of the Daityas was overwhelmed by jubilation. With tears in his eyes, his whole body shivering, he began praying in a humble mood, with folded hands and a faltering voice, to satisfy Brahma
- He (King Bhagiratha) was so humble that he respectfully bowed down before them
- He (Prthu) did not, however, present himself as a royal authority empowered to command everyone, for he wanted to present his statement in humble submission before the assembly of great sages and saintly persons
- He (Prthu) thanked them (his subjects) in a humble way for engaging in devotional service and thus bestowing their mercy upon him
- He prefers to remain without shelter, and his great wife also agrees to live with him humbly. People in general worship goddess Durga, the wife of Lord Siva, for material prosperity, but Lord Siva engages her in his service without material desire
- Humble beast
- Humbleness is very good in devotional service
- Humbler than the grass and tolerant more than the tree. We have to give all respect to everyone
- I (Krsndasa Kaviraja Gosvami) very humbly submit that since these incidents have already been nicely described by Vrndavana dasa Thakura, I would be very proud to repeat the same thing, and this would not be very good. I do not have such powers
- I (Manu) am offering just such a suitable wife. Do not reject the offer, or else, because you are in need of a wife, you will have to ask for such a wife from someone else, who may not behave with you so well. In that case your position will be humbled
- I offer my respectful obeisances to all the residents of Vrndavana. I wish to place their lotus feet on my head in great humbleness
- If you know to know God, then be humble. In the Bible also it is said, "God is for the meek and the humble," not for the impudent
- In His Siksastaka Lord Caitanya wrote, trnad api sunicena taror api sahisnuna: "One should be humbler than the grass and more tolerant than the tree
- In India there is a system to become humble. If you take one blade of grass in your, between your lips and approach somebody, it is to be understood that you are approaching with great humbleness
- In the same Skanda Purana there is a statement about submission and humbleness. It is stated there, "I am so greatly sinful and offensive that when I come to confess my sinful activities before You, I am ashamed"
- In the same Skanda Purana there is a statement about submission and humbleness. It is stated there, "My dear Lord, there is no sinful living entity who is more of a sinner than myself. Nor is there a greater offender than myself"
- In the Thirteenth Chapter, it was clearly explained that by humbly developing knowledge one may possibly be freed from material entanglement
- In this connection we may note that previously (4.15.21) it was mentioned that King Prthu was smiling and was in a pleasant mood while speaking to the reciters. Thus we have to learn from the Lord or His incarnation how to become gentle and humble
- Lord Caitanya advises: One can chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking himself lower than the straw in the street
- Lord Caitanya says that one has to be humbler than the grass and more tolerant than the tree to execute devotional service. Dhruva Maharaja, therefore, has in this verse (SB 4.9.45) been described as saj-janagranih, the foremost of noble men
- O great sage, graciously be pleased to listen to the prayer of my humble self, for my mind is troubled by affection for my daughter
- One must be very humble and meek, more tolerant than a tree and more humble than the grass. One should not claim respect for himself but should be prepared to give all respect to others
- One should offer obeisances unto the Lord with a mind humbled through devotion. While offering dandavats by falling on the ground like a rod, one should chant the above mantra ten times. Then one should chant the following prayer
- One who rejects an offering that comes of its own accord but later begs a boon from a miser thus loses his widespread reputation, and his pride is humbled by the neglectful behavior of others
- Sanda and Amarka systematically and unceasingly taught Prahlada Maharaja, who was very submissive and humble, about mundane religion, economic development and sense gratification
- Since we appeared after You created this cosmic manifestation, Your activities are impossible for us to understand. We therefore have nothing to offer You but our humble obeisances
- Sometimes a sahajiya presents himself as being void of desires for reputation (pratistha) in order to become famous as a humble man. Such people cannot actually attain the platform of celebrated Vaisnavas
- The author of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, Srila Rupa Gosvami, very humbly submits that he is just trying to spread Krsna consciousness all over the world, although he humbly thinks himself unfit for this work
- The followers of Lord Caitanya must execute His will with heart and soul, being more tolerant than the trees and humbler than the straw in the street
- The humble devotee simply prays to the Lord, "Kindly pick me up from the material world, which is full of varieties of material opulence, and keep me under the shelter of Your lotus feet"
- The humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater (outcaste) . BG 5.18 - 1972
- The humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater - outcaste
- The humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and dog-eater - outcaste
- The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater (outcaste)
- The Nagapatnis said, "He (Kaliya) must have undergone all kinds of penances and austerities, humbly honored others and executed universal welfare activities for all living creatures"
- The particular thing to be noted is that the Personality of Godhead is not understood by great liberated persons, but only by devotees such as Queen Kunti in her humbleness
- The scriptural injunction is that one should humbly approach a spiritual master to understand the transcendental science
- The young brahmana came to him and offered respectful obeisances. Then, very humbly folding his hands, he spoke as follows
- Then Maharaja Prataparudra very humbly said, I am most fallen and abominable, and I am unfit to receive an interview with the Lord. One's life is successful if one engages in His service
- There are many nice things offered to Krsna - garlands, bedsteads, nice ornaments, nice food and even nicely prepared pan, betel nuts - but a humble Vaisnava, thinking his body material and nasty, does not accept such preparations for himself
- Thereupon all the devotees accepted his association. Explaining his humble behavior, they introduced him to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- They (King Prthu's reciters) were very pleased with the King, who, although actually an incarnation of God, was so humble and delightful in his dealings with devotees
- They do not follow Lord Caitanya's injunction to be "more humble than a blade of grass." If they were that humble, they would give up their pride in being the doer of good deeds, the wisest person, the most devoted, and so on
- They humbly (the sages present) submitted, "Our dear Lord, we think that Your action is not in line with the religious principles"
- This rascal civilization is so dangerous, mudha, full of rascals. So our little humble attempt is to give them relief from this rascaldom civilization. That is Krsna consciousness movement
- Thus I, Krsnadasa, humbly try to describe the nectar of the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, which are mixed with the pastimes of Lord Krsna
- To chant the holy name always, one should be humbler than the grass in the street and devoid of all desire for personal honor, but one should offer others all respectful obeisances
- When a devotee is fit to receive worldly reputation, he is envied by many people. This is quite natural. When a person, out of humility, does not desire fame, people generally think him quite humble and consequently give him all kinds of fame
- When one is fully qualified yet is humble and gentle, and when one is able to keep his balance both in sorrow and in the ecstasy of joy, he has the opulence called patience (ksama)
- When the Lord heard the humble petition made by the people, His heart softened. Being very merciful, He immediately came out and gave audience to all of them
- When the two confidential servants of the Supreme Lord, who were named Nanda and Sunanda, approached him, smiling happily, Dhruva stood with folded hands, bowing humbly. They then addressed him as follows
- While this was going on, Raghunatha dasa thought of a tricky method of escape. Thus he humbly submitted this plea at the feet of the Muslim caudhuri
- Who can become humbler than the straw unless he accepts a Spiritual Master?
- Why I shall be proud? What I have got? I am humble servant of Krsna. Let me discharge my duties. But if one is proud after becoming a pure servant of Krsna, that is very good. That dambhah, that pride, is very glorious
- With tears in his (Hiranyakasipu's) eyes, his whole body shivering, he began praying in a humble mood, with folded hands and a faltering voice, to satisfy Lord Brahma