Goddess of Learning
"goddess of learning"
Pages in category "Goddess of Learning"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- A diseased person is recommended to worship the sun-god; a person wanting education may worship the goddess of learning, Sarasvati; and a person wanting a beautiful wife may worship the goddess Uma, the wife of Lord Siva. BG 1972 purports
- Although Kesava Kasmiri was proud of being favored by the goddess of learning, he did not know that she is controlled by Caitanya Mahaprabhu Himself because He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Are you feeling compunction for the unhappy women and children who are left forlorn by unscrupulous persons? Or are you unhappy because the goddess of learning is being handled by brahmanas addicted to acts against the principles of religion?
- Even if a man is endowed with the favor of the goddess of learning, it is quite possible for his heart to be full of lust and material desire and his eyebrows to display symptoms of anger
- Everyone came before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and said, "Now we have directly seen Lord Krsna." Thus by the mercy of the goddess of learning they were made to speak the truth
- I shall offer prayers and meditation to the goddess of learning," the champion concluded, "and ask her why she has insulted me so greatly through this boy
- If one wants to become educated, he worships goddess Sarasvati. In this way Westerners often think that the Hindus are polytheistic, but actually this worship is not to God, but to demigods
- In this verse (SB 10.13.57), Brahma is referred to as iresa. Ira means Sarasvati, the goddess of learning, and Iresa is her husband, Lord Brahma
- It is stated in the Bhakti-ratnakara that Kesava Kasmiri was a favorite devotee of mother Sarasvati, the goddess of learning
- Kesava Kasmiri was a favorite devotee of mother Sarasvati, the goddess of learning, but Caitanya Mahaprabhu, as the master of the goddess of learning, has the right to speak sarcastically of her devotees
- Kesava Kasmiri was ordered in a dream by Sarasvati, the goddess of learning, to submit to the Lord, and thus the Kashmir pandita became a follower of the Lord
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, does not require any education, but He gives a chance to the goddess of learning to serve Him. Being self-sufficient, Krsna does not require the service of any living entity, although He has many devotees
- Lord Brahma, who has full control over the goddess of learning and who is considered to be the best authority in Vedic knowledge, was thus perplexed, being unable to understand the extraordinary power manifested by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Lord Nrsimhadeva is always assisted by Sarasvati, the goddess of learning, and He is always embracing the goddess of fortune to His chest. The Lord is always complete in knowledge within Himself. Let us offer obeisances unto Nrsimhadeva - SB 10.87.1
- Sarasvati is the goddess of music and learning, and in one hand she holds a musical instrument called a vina
- She (the goddess of learning) is appareled in six kinds of expert knowledge - namely Vedic evidence, grammar, astrology, rhetoric, vocabulary and logic
- Since He is therefore the husband or Lord of both goddesses, I offer my obeisances unto Him
- Sisupala also blasphemed Krsna in this way, but the goddess of learning, Sarasvati, offered her prayers to Krsna even by his words
- Sometimes, when one wants to become as learned as Lord Brahma, he employs his intelligence in the worship of the goddess of learning, Sarasvati
- Suppose by worshiping a demigod, Sarasvati, the goddess of learning, so you get the opportunity of being a, becoming a very nice scholar. But how long you shall remain scholar? As soon as the body is finished, your whole scholarship is finished
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami informed the Bengali poet, Fortunately, through your words, the goddess of learning, mother Sarasvati, has tactfully offered her prayers to her master, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The goddess of learning is decorated with fourteen kinds of educational ornaments, her intelligence is all-pervading within the four departments of the Vedas, her attention is always on the lawbooks given by great sages like Manu
- The goddess of learning, Sarasvati, inspired Dr. Radhakrishnan to say "Man cannot become God." We would like to clarify this statement by saying "Even after becoming liberated, a man cannot become God
- The goddess of learning, Sarasvati, worshiped Him in His victory over the scholar who had conquered all the world, and the goddess of fortune, Laksmidevi, worshiped Him at home
- The power of speaking is called Sarasvati, or the goddess of learning, and the birthplace of the goddess of learning is the mouth of Brahma
- Thus I have explained the meaning intended by mother Sarasvati, the goddess of learning. It is your great fortune that you have described Lord Jagannatha and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in that way
- Thus Indra thought, 'I have properly chastised Krsna and defamed Him.' But Sarasvati, the goddess of learning, took this opportunity to offer prayers to Krsna