glorious | gloriously
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Devotees of God Are Glorious (1 C, 9 P)
- ► Glorious Activities (45 P)
- ► Glorious Devotees of God (1 C, 6 P)
- ► God Is Glorious (2 C, 20 P)
- ► Holy Places are Glorious (8 P)
- ► Krsna Is Glorious (1 C, 18 P)
Pages in category "Glorious"
The following 186 pages are in this category, out of 186 total.
- A barren woman cannot understand the grief of a mother. Draupadi was herself a mother, and therefore her calculation of the depth of Krpi's grief was quite to the point. And it was glorious because she wanted to show proper respect to a great family
- A devotee must execute his prescribed duties, which are glorious, without material profit. Without excessive violence, one should regularly perform one's devotional activities
- A devotee once said, "My dear Lord Krsna, may Your challenger, Sridama, become glorious for his chivalrous activities, such as vibrating like a thunder cloud and roaring like a lion. May all glories go to Sridama's chivalrous activities!"
- A person who is constantly engaged in reading literature enunciating the cultivation of Vaisnava devotional service is always glorious in human society, and certainly Lord Krsna becomes pleased with him
- A son is surrendering to his father. It is quite natural. There is no insult. Father is always superior. So if I touch the feet of my father, if I bow down before my father, it is glory. It is glorious for me
- Advaita Acarya Gosani led the party from Bengal. He was followed by Acaryaratna, Acaryanidhi, Srivasa Thakura and other glorious devotees
- After killing the great demon Dvivida and being worshiped by showers of flowers and glorious sounds of victory, Balarama returned to His capital city, Dvaraka
- Akrura thought, "Certainly Krsna and Balarama will call me ‘Akrura, Uncle,’ and at that time my whole life will be glorious. Unless one is recognized by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, his life cannot be successful"
- All glories to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu! All glories to Lord Nityananda! All glories to Sri Advaita Prabhu! All of Them are glorious
- All glories to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu! Anyone who has taken shelter at His lotus feet is glorious
- All glories to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the son of mother Saci! All glories to Sri Nityananda Prabhu! Indeed, He is the most glorious and merciful
- All the srutis, or personified Vedas, offered glories to the Lord again and again, singing, "Jaya! Jaya!" This indicates that the Lord is the most glorious
- Although he may be born in a family of dog-eaters and therefore by material calculation may be the lowest among men, he is still glorious. This is the wonderful effect of chanting the holy name of the Lord
- Although if one is conscious of his eternal relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one can utilize one's material assets, such as great learning and beauty and exalted ancestry, for the service of the Lord; then such assets become glorious
- Although yogis can perform wonderful feats, as Kardama has already displayed, Kardama was more than a yogi because he was a great devotee of the Lord; therefore he was more glorious than an ordinary yogi
- Always remain enthusiastic and inspire others and your life will be glorious and at the end you are sure to go back to Home, back to Godhead
- Another devotee in ecstatic reverential affection once said, "When will that glorious day in my life come when it will be possible for me to go to the bank of the Yamuna and see Lord Sri Krsna playing there as a cowherd boy"
- Any glorious or beautiful existence should be understood to be but a fragmental manifestation of Krsna's opulence, whether it be in the spiritual or material world. BG 1972 purports
- Any literature or narration in which the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Uttamasloka, is described and glorified is certainly great, pure, glorious, auspicious and all good
- Anyone who voluntarily engages himself under the direction of the Supreme Lord becomes glorious. BG 1972 purports
- As far as the Yadu and Kuru dynasties are concerned, they existed simultaneously, but of the two, the Yadu dynasty was more glorious due to the appearance of Lord Krsna
- As Krsna says in Bhagavad-gita (BG 10.41): "Know that all beautiful, glorious and mighty creations spring from but a spark of My splendor." The illumination of the planets and stars in the sky is but a partial manifestation of the Lord's effulgence
- As the next result of the churning, the king of elephants, named Airavata, was generated. This elephant was white, and with its four tusks it defied the glories of Kailasa Mountain, the glorious abode of Lord Siva
- Brahma first wanted to impress upon Priyavrata that although these great personalities are all authorities, they cannot possibly disobey the orders of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is described as deva, which means "always glorious
- Brahma said, "If I am given the chance to grow as a humble blade of grass in this land (of Vrndavana), that would be a glorious birth for me"
- Caitanya said that direct commentaries on the Upanisads and Vedanta-sutra are glorious, but that anyone who follows the indirect path of Sankaracarya's Sariraka-bhasya is certainly doomed
- Canakya Pandita says: "What is the use of a son who is neither glorious nor devoted to the Lord? Such a son is like a blind eye, which simply gives pain but cannot help one see"
- Ceto-darpana-marjanam (CC Antya 20.12), cleansing of the dirt from the core of one's heart. This method is extremely simple. Anyone can chant the glorious krsna-sankirtana - Hare Krsna
- Devahuti requests her glorious son, Kapila Muni, to explain about this continued journey to impress upon the conditioned souls that they are undergoing a path of degradation by not understanding the path of bhakti-yoga, devotional service
- Dhruva Maharaja lived many millions of years ago, but the description of the palace of Dhruva's father is so glorious that we cannot accept that advanced human civilization did not exist even forty or fifty thousand years ago
- Don't you think that this movement is glorious both for India and the world? Kindly, therefore cooperate with me in full heart
- Ecstatic love for Krsna is wonderfully deep. By personally tasting the glorious sweetness of that love, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu showed us its extreme limit
- Especially glorious is the dynasty of Priyavrata, in which the Supreme Lord Rsabhadeva incarnated. Similarly, the family of Uttanapada Maharaja, the father of Maharaja Dhruva, is also glorious due to King Prthu's taking birth in it
- Even if a person is born in a family of candalas - the lowest birth one can get in human society - he is glorious if he chants the holy names of the Lord
- Even if a place is more glorious than heaven, if there is no glorification of the Lord of Vaikuntha or His pure devotee, it should at once be quitted
- Everyone should be ready to die while performing glorious deeds. A glorious person is not meant to meet death like cats and dogs
- Everyone's prescribed duty is glorious if it is performed in devotional service of the Lord, without desire for profit. Such loving service must be performed without reason, without impediment, and spontaneously
- Factually, Dhruva Maharaja is the glory of the Manu dynasty, or the human family. The human family begins from Manu
- For demons, merging into the Brahman effulgence may be very glorious, but for devotees it is hellish
- For my disciples there is no punishment. There is no need for that. One who preaches Krishna Consciousness is supposed to be glorious
- Glorious devotees
- Glorious is that devotee who does not give up the shelter of his Lord, and glorious is that Lord who does not abandon His servant
- Gopi addressed the earth "I think that you must be very jubilant because the trees and plants, which are just like hairs on your body, are standing up so gloriously. May we ask when did you first get these symptoms?"
- He (Arjuna) is perplexed, "Which one, which side will be glorious? I shall stop fighting or not fighting?" When you are in such perplexity, what to do and what not to do, so in order to get right direction, you must approach the spiritual master
- He (Sri Krsna Caitanya) preached the process of chanting Hare Krsna, and those who are under His lotus feet are glorious
- He is a most learned scholar as well as an expert in devotional mellows. Actually he is most exalted, and if You talk with him, You will see how glorious he is
- Hiranyakasipu said: My dear mother, sister-in-law and nephews, you should not lament for the death of the great hero, for a hero's death in front of his enemy is glorious and desirable
- How wonderful it is that simply by residing in Mathura even for one day, one can achieve a transcendental loving attitude toward the Supreme Personality of Godhead! This land of Mathura must be more glorious than Vaikuntha-dhama, the kingdom of God
- I am especially interested to see the Americans spread this movement. America is already blessed by Krishna, and if they become Krishna conscious, they will become more glorious. There is an Indian saying, "fragrance in gold"
- I am so much grieved to learn the news of our revered god-brother, Swami Bhakti Sadhak Niskincana Maharaja, and I am so glad to learn that he passed away in full sense chanting "Krishna, Krishna". This is a glorious death
- I am so pleased that you will be holding a grand scale Rathayatra Ceremony, and in London also they are planning a very glorious function with at least 5,000 guests participating
- I am so pleased to learn about your slow but sure progress in the matter of your most glorious London yatra. I am sure Krishna will help you fully and do it seriously
- I did not know that maintaining a family was such a difficult job here. But this is described in the Bhagavatam: if one can maintain a family, he will be considered a very glorious man, and if a girl has a husband she will be considered very fortunate
- I offer my respectful obeisances to the all-glorious Advaita Prabhu, who forms the second branch of the eternal Caitanya tree, and to His followers, who form His subbranches
- I tell you as a sincere friend that you must immediately retire from active politics if you do not desire to die an inglorious death. You have 125 years to live as you have desired to live but you if you die an inglorious death it is no worth
- If a man leaves home and dies without his family's knowing, that is considered to be a glorious death. But an attached family man wants his family members to carry him in a great procession even after his death
- If a saintly person goes to the house of even an unimportant man, such a person becomes glorious by his blessings. It is the Vedic system that a householder invite a saintly person in his home to receive his blessings
- If by chance a servant falls down and goes somewhere else, glorious is that master who captures him and brings him back by the hair
- If by dying one can be elevated to the higher planetary systems and be ever-famous after his death, who is so foolish that he will refuse such a glorious death? Similar advice was also given by Krsna to Arjuna
- If the demigods were going to drink poison, the demons would resolve, "Why should we not share the poison and die gloriously by drinking it?" In regard to the words svadhyaya-sruta-sampannah prakhyata janma-karmabhih, another question may be raised
- If this pure mentality is there (the holy name has to be chanted to please God) then even though a person is born of a low family, such as a dog-eater's, he is so glorious that not only has he purified himself, but he is quite competent to deliver others
- If we bow down before our Supreme Father (Krsna) and touch His feet, there is no harm for us, nor is it difficult. Indeed, it is glorious for us. Why should we not
- In Bhagavad-gita (BG 10.41) the Lord says: Know that all beautiful, glorious and mighty creations spring from but a spark of My splendor
- In Caitanya-caritamrta, Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami says that since Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the inaugurator of the sankirtana movement, anyone who performs sankirtana to please the Lord is very, very glorious
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 3.33.7) Devahuti says to Kapiladeva: O my Lord, even a person born in a low family of dog-eaters is glorious if he always chants the holy name of the Lord
- In the Absolute field both success and failures are glorious. Even Lord Nityananda pretended to be a failure to convert Jagai and Madhai in the first attempt, rather he was personally injured in such attempt but that was certainly not ludicrous
- In the glorious days, or before the advent of the age of Kali, the brahmanas, the cows, the women, the children and the old men were properly given protection
- In the momentous hour of leaving his material body, Bhismadeva set the glorious example concerning the important function of the human form of life
- It appears that Srimati Devahuti, the glorious mother of Lord Kapiladeva, is very compassionate for the regrettable condition of people in general, who, not knowing the goal of life, are sleeping in the darkness of illusion
- It has already been stated in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, First Canto, Second Chapter, that the highest, most glorious religion is the attainment of causeless, unmotivated devotional service
- It is by the glorious mercy of Sri Virabhadra Gosani that people all over the world now have the chance to chant the names of Caitanya and Nityananda
- It is confirmed by Kapiladeva that bhakti, or devotional service, is gariyasi, more glorious than siddhi, liberation
- It is India's duty that everyone should take up such a cultural movement (Krsna consciousness movement). That is India's glory
- It is said that those who simply chant the holy name with the tip of the tongue are glorious
- Kamyavana is mentioned in the Adi-varaha Purana: Lord Siva said - The best of all forests is the fourth of these, named Kamyaka. O goddess Devi, any person who goes there is eligible to enjoy the glories of my abode
- Killing an enemy from behind is also inglorious. When an enemy turns his back and runs in fear of his life, he should not be killed. This is the etiquette of military science
- King Rahugana said: This birth as a human being is the best of all. Even birth among the demigods in the heavenly planets is not as glorious as birth as a human being on this earth
- Know that all opulent, beautiful and glorious creations spring from but a spark of My splendor
- Krishna will certainly be pleased to give you more strength to preach this glorious movement of Krishna Consciousness. So please keep yourselves steadily in the manner you are now keeping yourselves
- Krsna consciousness movement is so nice that even children without any knowledge of Vedanta - and big, big philosopher - simply by attending the performance of devotional service even a child's mind can be glorious - without an education
- Krsna Himself, after seeing Bali Maharaja, told Uddhava, "My dear friend, how can I express the glorious characteristics of Bali Maharaja, the son of Virocana"
- Krsna said, "Above all, the damsels of Vraja, the gopis, are the most glorious because You (Balarama) embrace them with Your strong arms, being attracted by their beauty"
- Krsna said, "By Your (Balarama's) touching the twigs with Your fingernails, these small plants are also made glorious. As for the hills and the rivers, they too are now glorious because You are glancing at them"
- Krsna said: "O Partha, in all the three planetary systems, this earth is especially fortunate, for on earth is the town of Vrndavana. And there the gopis are especially glorious because among them is My Srimati Radharani"
- Krsna said: "You (the gopis) have worshiped Me, cutting off all domestic ties, which are difficult to break. Therefore please let your own glorious deeds be your compensation"
- Krsna will give you intelligence how to engage in honest, brilliant, glorious work on His behalf
- Lord Caitanya made it a principle that we must teach by personal example. This is what I have tried to do. So if all of you my disciples do this, then the future of our movement will be glorious
- Lord Kapila was very satisfied by the request of His glorious mother (Devahuti) because she was thinking not only in terms of her personal salvation but in terms of all the fallen conditioned souls
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Now I have come to understand the truth of the loving affairs between Radha and Krsna. Nonetheless, I still want to hear how both of Them gloriously enjoy such love"
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's pastimes are all uncommon. Whoever listens to His activities becomes glorious, and his life becomes perfect
- Maharaja Prthu was beautiful in his external bodily features, and his speech was also very glorious in all respects
- Maitreya continued: The proud and falsely glorious Daitya paid little heed to the words of Varuna. O dear Vidura, he learned from Narada the whereabouts of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and hurriedly betook himself to the depths of the ocean
- Many sages, including Sankaracarya, have composed prayers in praise of the Ganges, and the land of India itself has become glorious because such rivers as the Ganges, Yamuna, Godavari, Kaveri, Krsna and Narmada flow there
- Materially if a man is not very rich, he is not glorious, and spiritually if a man is too attached to family life, he is also not glorious
- My dear Lord, anyone who always keeps Your holy name on his tongue is greater than an initiated brahmana. Although he may be born in a family of dog-eaters and therefore, by material calculations, be the lowest of men, he is glorious nevertheless
- My dear servants, who are as good as my sons, just see how glorious is the chanting of the holy name of the Lord. The greatly sinful Ajamila chanted only to call his son, not knowing that he was chanting the Lord's holy name
- O King, thus far you have heard the description of the dynasty of the sun-god. Now hear the most glorious and purifying description of the dynasty of the moon-god. This description mentions kings like Aila (Pururava) of whom it is glorious to hear
- O most fortunate one who knows the principles of religion, it is not good for you to cause grief to glorious family members who are always respectable and worshipful
- Of all sacrifices in which a man may apply his energy, a sacrifice made for the sankirtana movement is the most glorious
- Oh, how glorious are they whose tongues are chanting Your holy name! Even if born in the families of dog-eaters, such persons are worshipable
- One can gloriously become freed from all material contamination by the simple process of chanting Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
- One devotee may be proud that his process of service is the best. That is not inglorious. This is called transcendental competition. Everyone should feel proud of his particular type of devotional service
- One who considers himself a hero should not kill an enemy who is afraid of losing his life. Such killing is never glorious, nor can it promote one to the heavenly planets
- Other ladies were also forcibly taken away by Him (Krsna) after He killed Bhaumasura and thousands of his assistants. All of these ladies are glorious
- Parvata Muni tells Narada, "My dear Narada, of all saintly persons you are so great and glorious that simply by your good wishes a lowborn hunter also has become a great, elevated devotee of Lord Krsna"
- People have not yet understood our philosophy, how glorious it is, and how this Indian culture could be accepted throughout the whole world
- Prakasananda Sarasvati then said, "I understand that Your name is Sri Krsna Caitanya. You are a disciple of Sri Kesava Bharati, and therefore You are glorious"
- Ramananda Roy has explained that there is nothing so glorious or worth of fame in this world for a person who knows the true value of life other than to be famed as a devotee of Krsna
- Rupa Gosvami wrote of Caitanya: Devotional service itself is the highest platform, the glorious platform which You (Lord Caitanya) have contributed. You are Krsna in a yellow complexion, and You are Sacinandana, the son of mother Saci
- Samba, the glorious son of the Yadu dynasty, endowed with inconceivable potencies as the son of Lord Krsna, became very angry at the warriors of the Kuru dynasty. A lion is never afraid of being chased by many wolves and jackals
- Sandipani muni said, "I am now completely satisfied. What further want can there be for a man who has disciples like You? My dear boys, You may now go home. These glorious acts of Yours will always be renowned all over the world"
- Sanskrit is a perfect language and is therefore very glorious. After studying, if one can remember the subject matter, he is gifted with good memory. BG 1972 purports
- Sex life is especially meant for having good children. The circumstances for creating good children are mentioned in kama-sastra, the scripture in which suitable arrangements are prescribed for factually glorious sex life
- She (Devahuti) reminded him (Kardama Muni) that for a chaste woman to have a child by a great personality is most glorious. She wanted to be pregnant, and she prayed for that
- Siva, the husband of Parvati, told his wife, "My dear Parvati, you are very beautiful in your bodily features. You are glorious. But I do not think that you can compete with the beauty and glory of devotees who have become servants of the servants of God
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "If I give up hope of meeting Krsna, I shall then be happy. Therefore, let us stop this most inglorious discussion of Krsna. It would be better for us to talk of glorious topics and forget Him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, mukhya-vrttye sei artha parama mahattva: To teach the Vedic literature according to its direct meaning, without false commentary, is glorious
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's movement consists of spreading krsna-sankirtana. Param vijayate sri-krsna-sankirtanam: "All glories to the Sri Krsna sankirtana!" Why is it so glorious? This has also been explained by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu - CC Antya 20.12
- Sri Maitreya said: O best amongst the Kurus, the great sage Kapila, moved by great compassion and pleased by the words of His glorious mother, spoke as follows
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: My dear King (Pariksit), your question is glorious because it is very beneficial to all kinds of people. The answer to this question is the prime subject matter for hearing, and it is approved by all transcendentalists
- Srimad-Bhagavatam describes the reception of Balarama & Krsna: The cuckoos on the branches of the trees are also receiving You in their own way. The residents of Vrndavana are so glorious that everyone is prepared to render devotional service to the Lord
- Srivasa, Haridasa, Ramadasa, Gadadhara, Murari, Mukunda, Candrasekhara and Vakresvara are all glorious and are all learned scholars, but the sentiment of servitude to Lord Caitanya makes them mad in ecstasy
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: My dear King, your question is glorious because it is very beneficial for all kinds of people. The answer to this question is the prime subject matter for hearing, and it is approved by all transcendentalists - SB 2.1.1
- Suta Gosvami said: Draupadi then saw Asvatthama, who was bound with ropes like an animal & silent for having enacted the most inglorious murder. Due to her female nature, & due to her being naturally good & well-behaved, she showed him due respects
- That attraction (to God) was glorious not only for all the higher planets of this material world, but beyond, for the spiritual world also
- That's all right. For the time being, if by parikrama, fainting, dying, that is a glorious. That I want. Will it be great burden?
- The banks were also abundantly adorned with varieties of trees that yielded flowers and fruits in all seasons. Thus the entire mountain stood gloriously decorated
- The cause of her falling was explained by Yudhisthira, but when Yudhisthira entered the heavenly planet he saw Draupadi gloriously present there as the goddess of fortune in the heavenly planet
- The demigods also become pleased because this narration is so glorious, and it is so powerful that it can counteract all the results of one's sinful actions
- The glorious Brahma next evolved from his sloth the ghosts and fiends, but he closed his eyes when he saw them stand naked with their hair scattered
- The gopis continued, "Dear Krsna, the fragrance of the mellows of Your pastimes is spread throughout the forests of the glorious land of Vrndavana, which is surrounded by the sweetness of the district of Mathura"
- The gopis of Vrndavana who are attached to Krsna in conjugal love can increase their ecstatic love up to the point of mahabhava, the greatest ecstatic love. These are some of the glorious meanings of the word 'bhakti'
- The gopis said, "He (Krsna) has taken Her along with Him. Dear friends, just imagine how the dust of this place is transcendentally glorious"
- The great sage Maitreya thanked Vidura and praised him by reference to his family glories. The Puru dynasty was full of devotees of the Personality of Godhead and was therefore glorious
- The great sage Narada said: All of you demigods are protected by the arms of Narayana, the SPG, and by His grace you have gotten the nectar. By the grace of the goddess of fortune, you are glorious in every way. Therefore, please stop this fighting
- The great transcendentalists thus describe the activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but the pure devotees deserve to see more glorious things in transcendence, beyond these features
- The grhamedhi engages himself as an advocate of sex life and also allows his sons and daughters to engage in sex and to be deprived of any glorious end in life
- The highest glorious association with the Lord is made possible in the planet of Goloka Vrndavana, where Lord Krsna enjoys Himself with the gopis and His favorite animals, the surabhi cows
- The history of Srimad-Bhagavatam is also very glorious. It was compiled by Vyasadeva, who drew from his mature experience of transcendental knowledge under the instruction of Sri Narada Muni, his spiritual master
- The history of the Srimad-Bhagavatam is also very glorious. It was compiled by Sri Vyasadeva after he had attained maturity in transcendental knowledge. He wrote this under the instructions of Sri Naradaji, his spiritual master
- The holy name has to be chanted to please the Supreme Lord, and not for any sense gratification. If this pure mentality is there then you become so glorious that not only do you become purified yourself, but you become competent to deliver others
- The innumerable, glorious followers of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu brought a constant flood to the desertlike hearts of the unfortunate with an inundation of ecstatic love
- The King (Maharaja Pariksit) hinted that worship of Lord Krsna is the ultimate function of every living entity, Sukadeva Gosvami welcomed the suggestion and said, "Because you have raised questions about Krsna, your question is most glorious
- The Kuru dynasty may be considered more glorious due to the presence of devotees like the five Pandavas, who rendered unalloyed devotional service
- The ladies or men who observe festivals in the temples of the Lord just to have a look at the transcendental form are a thousand times more glorious than those who are nonbelievers in the transcendental form of the Lord
- The leaders of the demons thought it unwise to hold the tail, the inauspicious portion of the snake. Instead, they wanted to hold the front, which had been taken by the Personality of Godhead & the demigods, because that portion was auspicious & glorious
- The more gloriously you worship the Deity, decorate the Deity as gorgeously as possible, the more gorgeous you will be. That is the secret
- The name and fame of Yudhisthira reached the higher planets because of his good administration, worldly possessions, glorious wife Draupadi, the strength of his brothers Bhima and Arjuna, and his solid sovereign power over the world, known as Jambudvipa
- The proud and falsely glorious Daitya paid little heed to the words of Varuna. O dear Vidura, he learned from Narada the whereabouts of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and hurriedly betook himself to the depths of the ocean
- The saintly King Uttanapada, hearing of the glorious deeds of Dhruva Maharaja and personally seeing also how influential and great he was, felt very satisfied, for Dhruva's activities were wonderful to the supreme degree
- The Sanskrit word for man is manusya, which means "descendant of Manu." Not only is Dhruva Maharaja the glory of the family of Svayambhuva Manu, but he is the glory of the entire human society
- The second is to die on the battlefield, leading the army and never showing one's back. These two kinds of death are recommended in the sastra as glorious
- The selfsame Lord Krsna advented Himself as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with all His eternal associates, who are also equally glorious
- The six opulences listed (in BG 10.34) are considered to be feminine. If a woman possesses all of them or some of them she becomes glorious. BG 1972 purports
- The Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead, lies down in the water on the seat of Ananta, with His eyes closed, and the inhabitants of the Janaloka planets offer their glorious prayers unto the Lord with folded hands
- The word 'sukrti' refers to pious activities performed by the mercy of Krsna. One who is fortunate enough to obtain such mercy receives the remnants of the Lord's food and thus becomes glorious
- The Yadavas were only partially cognizant of the Lord, but they are also glorious because they had the opportunity to associate with the Lord, who acted as the head of their family, and they also rendered the Lord intimate service
- There are two ways to meet a glorious death, and both are very rare. One is to die after performing mystic yoga, especially bhakti-yoga, by which one can control the mind and living force and die absorbed in thought of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- There is a book called Riyaja Us-salatina, whose author, Golam Husen, says that Nawab Hussain Shah belonged to the family of Mukka Seriph. To keep his family’s glory, he took the name Seriph Mukka. Generally, however, he is known as Nawab Hussain Shah
- There is a verse in the Skanda Purana which states: My dear Devarsi (Narada), you are glorious, and by your mercy, even the lowest creature, a hunter of animals, also became elevated to the path of devotion & attained transcendental attachment for Krsna
- There is no end to the great & glorious qualities of that powerful Anantadeva. His prowess is unlimited. Though self-sufficient, He Himself is the support of everything. He resides beneath the lower planetary systems & easily sustains the entire universe
- They (atheists) may learn from this action how much the Supreme Father (Krsna) has to be respected. Uddhava was simply struck with wonder by such glorious behavior of the Lord, and he was very sorry that he was unable to go with Him
- This actually happened in the life of Priyavrata: he is a most glorious example of this truth. In due course of time, he no longer wanted to enjoy his material opulences and his wife, kingdom and sons; instead, he wanted to renounce them all
- This sankirtana is all glorious. That is the blessings of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Param vijayate sri-krsna-sankirtanam. This is His blessing: simply by sankirtana in this age
- To become a sruti-dhara, one who can remember simply by hearing, is a great achievement for a student. In the Bhagavad-gita (BG 10.41) the Lord says: Know that all opulent, beautiful and glorious creations spring from but a spark of My splendor
- To describe the direct meaning of the Vedic literatures is glorious, but to describe them in one’s own way, using imperfect senses and imperfect knowledge, is a disastrous blunder
- When a devotee is purified like the sun, from his pure heart there is a diffusion of ecstatic love which is more glorious than the sunshine
- When Devahuti would enter that lovely garden to take her bath in the pond filled with lotus flowers, the associates of the denizens of heaven, the Gandharvas, would sing about Kardama's glorious household life
- When they (the brahmanas) were old invalids, they used to approach with their wives the assembly of the kings, and simply by praising the glorious deeds performed by the kings they would be provided with all necessities of life
- While instructing Maharaja Pariksit, Sukadeva Gosvami thought it wise to encourage the King because the King might be thinking of the glorious position of various royal dynasties
- Why I shall be proud? What I have got? I am humble servant of Krsna. Let me discharge my duties. But if one is proud after becoming a pure servant of Krsna, that is very good. That dambhah, that pride, is very glorious
- Within the narration I have explained the glorious characteristics of Sri Ramananda Raya, through whom Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally described the limits of ecstatic love for Krsna
- Yamuna prayed "I forgot Your (Balarama) glorious, exalted position, but now I have come to my senses, and I remember that You hold all the planetary systems on Your head merely by Your partial expansion Sesa. You are the sustainer of the whole universe"
- You (gopis) have worshiped Me (Krsna), cutting off all domestic ties, which are difficult to break. Therefore please let your own glorious deeds be your compensation
- You (Gopis) have worshiped Me (Lord Krsna), cutting off all domestic ties, which are difficult to break. Therefore please let your own glorious deeds be your compensation
- You (Kardama Muni) once made a promise that our bodily union should now fulfill, since children are a great quality for a chaste woman who has a glorious husband
- You are all qualified American boys, now push on this glorious mission without letting it be hampered by personal differences
- You have worshiped Me, cutting off all domestic ties, which are difficult to break. Therefore please let your own glorious deeds be your compensation
- You should speak everywhere on this subject matter from the Bhagavatam and gita and you will be glorified. As the disciple is glorified so also the spiritual master becomes glorified more
- You should take advice from a man who can give you right direction, so at the end you may not be ashamed; you may be glorious
- Your Majesty (King Jarasandha) must have heard the glorious names of charitable personalities such as Hariscandra, Rantideva and Mudgala, who used to live only on grains picked up from the paddy field, and the great Maharaja Sibi