- King Gādhi
- dynasty of Aila
- a powerful king of the province of Kanyakubja (part of Uttara Pradesh)
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Gadhi"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.
- He told the brahmana, "My dear sir, I belong to the dynasty of Kusa. Because we are aristocratic ksatriyas, you have to give some dowry for my daughter"
- He went to the demigod Varuna and brought from him the one thousand horses that Gadhi had demanded. After delivering these horses, the sage married the King's beautiful daughter
- The potencies of the Lord are also known to Anga the father of Vena, Maharaja Dhruva, Iksvaku, Aila, Mucukunda, Maharaja Janaka, Gadhi, Raghu, Ambarisa, Sagara, Gaya, Nahusa, Mandhata, Alarka, Satadhanve, Anu, Rantideva, Bhisma
- The son of Jahnu was Puru, the son of Puru was Balaka, the son of Balaka was Ajaka, and the son of Ajaka was Kusa. Kusa had four sons, named Kusambu, Tanaya, Vasu and Kusanabha. The son of Kusambu was Gadhi
- The son of King Gadhi was Visvamitra, who was said to be a brahmana and ksatriya combined