For A Long Time
"for a long time"|"for a very long time"|"for a long, long time"|"for a many long time"|"for such a long time"
Pages in category "For A Long Time"
The following 119 pages are in this category, out of 119 total.
- After dancing for a long time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became still and ordered four great personalities to begin to dance
- After hearing this lamentation and seeing the pitiable condition of the citizens, King Prthu contemplated this matter for a long time to see if he could find out the underlying causes
- After offering the wooden shoes before Lord Ramacandra, Lord Bharata stood with folded hands, His eyes full of tears, and Lord Ramacandra bathed Bharata with tears while embracing Him with both arms for a long time
- After repeating obeisances for a long time, Brahma stood up & smeared his hands over his eyes. Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that the word locane (in SB 10.13.64) indicates that with his two hands he wiped the two eyes on each of his four faces
- After repeating obeisances for a long time, Brahma stood up and smeared his hands over his eyes. Seeing the Lord before him, he, trembling, began to offer prayers with great respect, humility and attention
- After the devotees had been chanting for a long time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu suddenly stood up and shouted, "Haribol"
- After the Lord had been dancing for a long time, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami stopped singing the verse
- After they had chanted in this way for a long time, the holy name of Krsna entered the heart of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and He suddenly arose with a loud shout of "Haribol"
- After thinking of Radha & Krsna and Their pastimes for a long time & after getting completely free from material contamination, one is transferred to the spiritual world. There the devotee attains an opportunity to serve Radha & Krsna as one of the gopis
- All the golden plates and utensils which were used in the sacrifice were also thrown in the dustbins, and all such heaps of gold remained unclaimed property for a long time, till Maharaja Yudhisthira collected them for his own purposes
- All the residents of Mathura, who had not seen Krsna and Balarama for a long time, were very much pleased to see Them again. They felt joyful, like a person who has regained his lost property
- Although Hiranyakasipu performed this austerity for a long, long time, he was nonetheless known as a Daitya and Raksasa. even great saintly persons could not perform such a severe type of austerity. Why then was he called a Raksasa and Daitya?
- Among all commentaries, Sridhara Svami's is given the first position. This parampara has existed for a very long time. It was also accepted during Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's time, but Sri Vallabhacarya violated the system
- Ananda cannot be impersonal. You can make experiment. Suppose if you are put into a big room without any man coming there, so you cannot feel very comfortable for long time. You will feel lonely. You shall try to come out
- Another name for Laksmi is Cancala, indicating that she does not stay in one place for a long time. Therefore, we see that a rich man's family sometimes becomes poor after a few generations, and sometimes we see that a poor man's family becomes very rich
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw Lord Jagannatha in the temple, He was immediately overwhelmed with love and affection. He chanted and danced with His devotees for a long time
- As we see from this incident (in SB 9:18.6-16), this has been their (women's) nature for a long, long time
- Because of association with the modes of material nature for a very long time, even liberated souls sometimes become captivated by the illusory energy due to inattentiveness in the transcendental position
- Because the dirt (in the mind) has accumulated like a solid mountain, one must meditate on the lotus feet of the Lord for quite a long time. For one who is accustomed to thinking of the lotus feet of the Lord constantly, however, it is a different matter
- Bhagavad-gita and Krsna, there is no difference. Bhagavad-gita is also Krsna. Otherwise why this book is worshiped since so, for so long time, since five thousand years, unless the Bhagavad-gita is Krsna?
- Bhagavad-gita has been well known all over the world for a very long time, especially in the Western world, but because the subject matter was not discussed by devotees, there was no effect
- Bhima did not take steps against the sons of Dhrtarastra for a long time. Vidura's inquiry was whether he had yet released his anger, which was like a suffering cobra. When a cobra releases its venom after long-cherished anger, its victim cannot survive
- Due to being stocked for a very long time, all the grain seeds within me have certainly deteriorated. Therefore you should immediately arrange to take these seeds out by the standard process, which is recommended by the acaryas or sastras
- Due to remaining in the water for a long time, they (the gopis) felt cold and were shivering, yet upon hearing the pleasing joking words of Govinda, their minds were perturbed with great joy
- First he (Jarasandha) tried to find Them (Krsna and Balarama), searching for a long time, but when he failed he decided to trap and kill Them by setting fires around the peak. He therefore surrounded the peak with firewood and set it ablaze
- First Lord Balarama inquired from them (the cowherd men and boys, the gopis, and King Nanda and Yasoda) about their welfare, and then, since they had not seen Him for such a long time, they began to ask Him different questions
- For a long time I have not bestowed unalloyed loving service to Me upon the inhabitants of the world. Without such loving attachment, the existence of the material world is useless
- For a long time she (Satya) had cherished the idea of marrying Krsna and was following the principles of austerities to obtain her desired husband
- For a long time the materialist was limited within the boundary of the eight material principles mentioned above. Now it is encouraging to see that he has a little preliminary information of the anti-material principle and the anti-material universe
- For a long time the wives had been eager to see Krsna. However, when they were preparing to leave home to go see Him, their husbands, fathers, sons and relatives asked them not to go. But the wives did not comply
- For a very long time the women of Mathura had heard about Krsna and Balarama and Their uncommon characteristics, and they were very much attracted and eager to see Them
- For so long you did not follow the regulative principles of the Hindu religion, but now you are following them with great enthusiasm. May I know by whose strength you are doing so?
- Having served him for a long time, she grew weak and emaciated due to her religious observances. Seeing her condition, Kardama, the foremost of celestial sages, was overcome with compassion and spoke to her in a voice choked with great love
- He (Bhismadeva) wanted to see Sri Krsna for a long time out of his spontaneous love for Him. Because he was a pure devotee, he had very little to do with the detailed performance of yogic principles
- He (devotee of God) will never command the Lord to appear. This is a sign of pure devotion. Therefore in this verse (of SB 8.6.13) we find the word ati-cira-ipsita-artham, meaning that the devotee aspires for a long, long time to see the Lord
- He (Dhruva Maharaja) was aware that for a very long time he was practically sleeping, and he felt the impetus to glorify the Lord according to the Vedic conclusion
- He said, "For a long time, i have desired to see You, my Lord. Now Lord Jagannatha has fulfilled this desire; therefore I am seeing You"
- His body shone most brilliantly; though he had engaged in austere penance for a long time, he was not emaciated, for the Lord had cast His affectionate sidelong glance upon him and he had also heard the nectar flowing from the moonlike words of the Lord
- I also want to stay there for a long time because I like New York more than all other cities. This is because my first attempt was begun there, so I have got some affection for your great city
- I have had one desire for a very long time. I think that quite soon, my Lord, You will bring to a close Your pastimes within this material world
- In Bengal even today if a woman lives for a long time with her husband, she is considered very fortunate. A woman generally desires a good husband, good children, a good home, prosperity, opulence and so on
- It is all Krishna’s Grace that so quickly you have established a center in Japan, which I cherished for a long time
- It is impossible for earthmen to go to the moon and live there for very long. Otherwise the whole Vedic literature would be false. We can attempt to go there, but it is not possible to live there. This knowledge is in the Vedas
- It is understood that you have been in the Temple for not a very long time and still you have appreciated very much the spiritual movement
- It should be noted that such worldliness cannot continue for long because, by the grace of the Lord, such imperfections will come to an end very shortly. Therefore the path of devotional service is the only right path
- It was impossible even for learned scholars to oppose Caitanya for a long time, for there was some spell in Him which touched their hearts and made them weep for their spiritual improvement
- Jagadananda then submitted a plea to Svarupa Damodara Gosvami. "For a very long time," he said, "I have wanted to go to Vrndavana"
- Jarasandha was so powerful in military strength that he had conquered all these princes and kings, numbering 20,800. They were all incarcerated within a mountain cave especially constructed as a fort, and for a long time they were kept in that situation
- Just to associate with Krsna, Laksmi abandoned all transcendental happiness in Vaikuntha and for a long time accepted vows and regulative principles and performed unlimited austerities
- Kalayavana was very much puffed up and proud of his strength, and he thought Krsna was avoiding the fight. Therefore, he strongly kicked the sleeping man, thinking him to be Krsna. The sleeping man had been lying down for a very long time
- King Nrga had remained in the well as a big lizard for a very long time. He told Lord Krsna, "In spite of being put into that degraded condition of life, I simply thought of You, my dear Lord, and my memory was never vanquished"
- King Rahugana told Jada Bharata: How troublesome this is, my dear brother. You certainly appear very fatigued because you have carried this palanquin alone without assistance for a long time and for a long distance
- Krsna continued, "One can take advantage of a place of pilgrimage only after going there, and worshiping a particular demigod involves waiting a long time for the fulfillment of one's desire"
- Krsna was smiling because He was thinking to Himself - I have delivered two young demigods from the bondage of standing for a long time as trees, but as for Me, I am bound by the ropes of the gopis and am subject to their chastisements
- Krsna was smiling because He was thinking to Himself - These two young demigods fell from the higher planetary system to this planet, and I have delivered them from the bondage of standing for a long time as trees
- Long life in itself has no value. A tree lives for hundreds and hundreds of years, but there is no point in living a long time like trees, or breathing like bellows, or begetting children like hogs and dogs, or eating like camels
- Lord Brahma, thinking and thinking for a long time, tried to distinguish between those two sets of boys, who were each separately existing. He tried to understand who was real and who was not real, but he couldn't understand at all - SB 10.13.43
- Lord Krsna engaged for a long time in talking with Sudama Vipra about their past association. Then, just to enjoy the company of an old friend, Lord Krsna began to smile and asked
- Material subject matter becomes stale, and one cannot hear a certain subject for a long time; he wants change
- Material, any name you chant, because it is materially contaminated, you cannot continue it for very long. This is another experience. But this chanting of Hare Krsna mantra, if you go on chanting for twenty-four hours, you'll never feel fatigued
- My dear King, your face appears to be withering up, and you look like you have been thinking of something for a very long time. Why is that? Have you been hampered in following your path of religious rites, economic development and sense gratification?
- None of us are allowed to live together for any long period. By speaking in this way, Kamsa tried to pacify his sister and brother-in-law - Devaki and Vasudeva
- Not having seen the Lord for a long time, the citizens, both men and women, being very eager to see Him, left their homes and got up on the roofs of the palaces
- Now I want that my GBC representatives shall travel extensively throughout their zone, without stopping in any one place for very long
- People are, in modern day, they cannot sit down in a place for a long time. Therefore so much traveling. The traveling business is very prosperous. Everyone wants to travel. They cannot fix, fix up
- Persons who hear from a spiritual master with great labor and for a long time must hear from the mouths of pure devotees about the character and activities of pure devotees
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami compiled three books, named Stava-mala (or Stavavali), Dana-carita and Mukta-carita. He lived a long time, residing for most of his life at Radha-kunda
- Rising and falling again and again at the lotus feet of Lord Krsna for a long time, Lord Brahma remembered over and over the Lord's greatness he had just seen - SB 10.13.63
- Saksi-gopala stayed in Vidyanagara and accepted service for a very long time
- Sanandana said, "The Lord at that time remains asleep for a long, long time, and when there is again necessity of creation, the Vedas personified assemble around the Lord and begin to glorify Him"
- Sanjaya was the personal assistant of Maharaja Dhrtarastra for a very long time, and thus he had the opportunity to study the life of Dhrtarastra. And when he saw at last that Dhrtarastra had left home without his knowledge, his sorrows had no bound
- Sense gratification does not endure for long, and it is therefore called capala-sukha, or flickering happiness
- Since by his (Narada Muni) own free will he is already traveling all over the universe, the curse of Kalakanya (not be able to stay in one place for a long time) is described as fortunate
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu received great pleasure in seeing this beautiful form of Gopala. For a long time He danced and chanted in ecstatic love
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained unconscious for a long time. Meanwhile, the time for offering prasadam to Lord Jagannatha came, and the Bhattacarya tried to think of a remedy
- Sri Maitreya said: Thus, seeing the earth merged in the water, Brahma gave his attention for a long time to how it could be lifted
- Such pride had existed for a long time within the mind of Vallabha Bhatta, but as he heard the preaching of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, his pride was cut down
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: King Amsuman, like his grandfather, performed austerities for a very long time. Nonetheless, he could not bring the Ganges to this material world, and thereafter, in due course of time, he died
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: The son of Nabhaga named Nabhaga lived for a long time at the place of his spiritual master. Therefore, his brothers thought that he was not going to become a grhastha and would not return
- Sunahsepha was sold to Maharaja Hariscandra because he was the middle son, between the oldest and the youngest. It appears that the sacrifice of a man as an animal in yajna has been practiced for a very long time
- Tell him, I looked for him a long time, but I could not find any trace of him. He jumped in with his shackles, and therefore he was drowned and washed away by the waves
- The answer is that He (Krsna) can do anything for the pleasure of His devotees. Similarly, because the gopis wanted to enjoy Krsna, they were given the opportunity to associate with Him for a long period. This was done according to His promise
- The ants had devoured Hiranyakasipu's skin, fat, flesh and blood because he had been there for a long time. Then Lord Brahma and the demigods spotted him, resembling a cloud - covered sun, heating all the world by his austerity
- The city of Varanasi had been filled with all these material opulences for a very long time
- The inhabitants of that province (of Tamil Nadu) do not retain the name Venkata. It is therefore supposed that Venkata Bhatta did not belong to that province, although he may have been residing there for a very long time
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana had been anxious to see Krsna and Balarama for a very long time
- The Lord told Govinda, Since you have been living with Me for a long time, you should not be foolishly disappointed in this situation. Bring all the food to Me, and you will see that I can eat it
- The Lord's feet act like thunderbolts hurled to shatter the mountain of sin stored in the mind of the meditating devotee. One should therefore meditate on the lotus feet of the Lord for a long time
- The sacrifice of a man as an animal in yajna has been practiced for a very long time
- The system of giving a dowry to one's daughter has existed in Vedic civilization for a very long time
- The system of giving a dowry to one's daughter has existed in Vedic civilization for a very long time. Even today, following the same system, a father who has money will give his daughter an opulent dowry
- The Vedic promises of elevation to higher planets for a better standard of materialistic life are compared to flowery language because in a flower there is certainly an aroma but that aroma does not last for a very long time
- The word adi-vasya refers to one who has been living with another for a very long time. Govinda was addressed as adi-vasya because he had been living with Caitanya for a very long time, whereas other devotees, who were mostly new, would come and go
- The youthful duration of their lives is very pleasing, and both men and women enjoy sexual union with great pleasure for a long time. After years of sensual pleasure - when a balance of one year of life remains - the wife conceives a child
- Then Lord Caitanya, adopting the mood of Lord Siva, got on the man's shoulders, and thus they danced together for a long time
- They (the citizens of Mathura) began to talk among themselves about the two transcendental brothers. For a long time they had heard of the beauty and activities of Krsna and Balarama, but now they were personally seeing Them face to face
- Thinking that her child had been sleeping for a long time, Queen Krtadyuti, who was certainly very intelligent, ordered the nurse, "My dear friend, please bring my son here"
- This city had been very opulent and great for a very long time. Even now, the city of Varanasi is opulent and famous, and it is one of the important cities of India
- This strain between the devotees of Lord Siva and Lord Visnu has always existed. In the higher planetary systems, fights between the demons and the demigods continue for a long, long time
- Those who practice the yoga system must meditate on the lotus feet of the Lord for a long time after following the regulative principles and thereby controlling the senses
- We are thinking that "I'm enjoying," but that is not ananda. This ananda is not fact, because we cannot enjoy this material sense pleasure for long. Everyone has got experience. It is finished. But spiritual enjoyment does not finish. It increases
- We have offered our respects to them, and we have not been envious of any brother, friends or anyone else. We have also undergone severe austerities within the water and have not taken food for a long time
- When Advaita Acarya Gosvami heard of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's return, He became very pleased. In His great ecstasy of love, He made a rumbling sound and danced and chanted for a long time
- When Daksa entered the arena of yajna, Lord Siva was in meditation and might not have seen Daksa enter, but Daksa took the opportunity to curse him because Daksa had maintained an envious attitude towards Lord Siva for a long time
- When I (Narada Muni) refused to accept her (Kalakanya, the daughter of Time) request, she became very angry at me and cursed me severely. Because I refused her request, she said that I would not be able to stay in one place for a long time
- When she thought that Krsna was holding up the hill for such an extremely long time, her clothes became soaked with perspiration. May mother Yasoda Vrajesvari protect the whole universe by her infinite mercy!
- When the python-shaped body of Aghasura dried up into merely a big skin, it became a wonderful place for the inhabitants of Vrndavana to visit, and it remained so for a long, long time - SB 10 .12.36