dvijabandhu | dvija-bandhu | dvija-bandhus
Pages in category "Dvija-bandhu"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.
- Mahabharata especially was written for three classes of men. What are those? Stri, sudra, dvija-bandhu. Stri means woman, sudra means worker class, and dvija-bandhu means persons who have taken their birth in higher caste, but they're degraded
- Materialistic people like stri, sudra and dvija-bandhu cannot understand words of spiritual advancement, yet one can take to the shelter of a Vaisnava, for he knows the art of enlightening even sudras
- The dvija-bandhu, or the less intelligent, uncultured men born of higher castes, put forward many arguments against the lower-caste men becoming brahmanas in this life
- The dvija-bandhus are classified with the sudras and the woman class, who are by nature less intelligent. The sudras and the woman class do not have to undergo any samskara save and except the ceremony of marriage
- The Lord is merciful even to the women, sudras and dvija-bandhus, provided they agree to visit the temple of worship in different forms made for them. Such temple visitors are not idolaters, as alleged by some men with a poor fund of knowledge
- The rigidity of the so-called caste system in Hindu society became prominent within only one hundred years or so when the number of dvija-bandhus, or disqualified men in the families of higher castes, increased
- The unworthy sons of the royal orders are called ksatra-bandhavas, as the unworthy sons of the brahmanas are called dvija-bandhus or brahma-bandhus. Maharaja Pariksit was greatly encouraged by the presence of Sukadeva Gosvami
- They (brahmanas and other high-order families of the present age) are called the dvija-bandhus, or the friends and family members of the twice-born. But these dvija-bandhus are classified amongst the sudras and the women
- They (dvija-bandhu, or the less intelligent) argue that birth in a family of sudras or less than sudras is made possible by one's previous sinful acts and that one therefore has to complete the terms of disadvantages due to lower birth