companion | companions | companionship
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Entourage (4 C, 8 P)
- ► Radharani's Companions (9 P)
Pages in category "Companion"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
- After appearing from the fire of sacrifice, he (the demon) stood wielding the trident in his hand. Instigated by Sudaksina, the demon proceeded toward the capital city, Dvaraka, with many hundreds of ghostly companions
- After hearing of these pastimes, Lord Siva, who is carried by a bull, went to the place where Madhusudana, resides. Accompanied by his wife, Uma, and surrounded by his companions, the ghosts, Lord Siva went there to see the Lord's form as a woman
- Akrura further advised Dhrtarastra, "In this material world, no one can remain an eternal companion to another"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Sri Madhavendra Puri used to remain alone. He was completely renounced and always very silent. He was uninterested in everything material, & for fear of talking about mundane things, he always lived without a companion"
- Celestial beauties, the companions of Cupid, went to try to break His vows, but they were unsuccessful, for they saw that many beauties like them were emanating from Him, the Personality of Godhead
- Dakini and Sankhini are two companions of Lord Siva and his wife who are supposed to be extremely inauspicious, having been born of ghostly life
- Devotees know perfectly well that the goddess of fortune, who is the constant companion of Visnu, or Narayana, cannot be enjoyed by a living entity. This higher sense of understanding is called Krsna consciousness
- He (Dvivida) was so puffed up that he thought Balarama could not do anything to chastise him, and he continued to offend Balaramaji and His companions
- He lives in filthy places like crematoriums, and his companions are the ghosts and demons
- He would have to be employed, however, to kill someone other than a qualified brahmana. If all these conditions were met, then Daksinagni, accompanied by Lord Siva's ghostly companions, would fulfill the desire of Sudaksina to kill his enemy
- I am sorry to learn that you are not well. Pray to Krishna and chant Hare Krishna. The body is a temple of disease, janma mrtyu jara vyadhi (BG 13.9). Disease is our inevitable companion
- I hope your wife may be taking interest in your chanting Sankirtana and reading Srimad-Bhagavatam. As she has become your life's companion, it is your duty to induce her, peacefully, in the matter of spiritual advancement of life
- If you decide to marry, there are many devotee girls, and one of them may be a very nice companion for your devotional life. You prefer to be free, but a devoted wife is as good as freedom
- In Padyavali Radharani told Her companion, "My dear friend, I was just going to the bank of the Yamuna, and all of a sudden a very nice boy whose complexion is like a dark blue cloud became visible in front of My eyes"
- In the form of King Prthu, the SPG has appeared through a part of His potency to protect the people of the world. The goddess of fortune is the constant companion of the Lord, & therefore she has incarnated partially as Arci to become King Prthu's queen
- It appeared that Damaghosa, along with his son and other companions, was going to Kundina not exactly to get Sisupala married but mainly to fight
- King Jadu was a very powerful King and Jadurani was his constant companion. Krishna selected to appear Himself on this earth planet, selecting the Jadu Dynasty as His Predecessors. So your help to your God-brothers just apt your nice name
- Krsna and the gopis entered the water of the Yamuna just as an elephant enters a water tank with his many female companions
- Krsna continued, "That was not very rightly done. Therefore, since it is better late than never, I advise you that you (Rukmini) may now select one of the great ksatriya princes and accept him as your life's companion, and you may reject Me"
- O sage amongst the brahmanas, Lord Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead, also followed, seated on a chariot with Arjuna. Thus King Yudhisthira appeared very aristocratic, like Kuvera surrounded by his companions (the Guhyakas)
- Once during his travels all over the world, Pururava saw Urvasi, accompanied by five companions, on the bank of the Sarasvati at Kuruksetra. With jubilation in his face, he then spoke to her in sweet words as follows
- Seeing his (Karna's) constant rivalry with Arjuna, Duryodhana picked him up as his companion, and this gradually grew into greater intimacy
- Seeing that the earth on the ends of His (Varahadeva's) tusks was frightened, He rose out of the water just as an elephant emerges with its female companion when assailed by an alligator
- Service is a thing which is the constant companion of the living being, and therefore it may be safely concluded that rendering of service by a living being is the eternal religion
- Service is the constant companion of the living being and that the rendering of service is the eternal religion of the living being. BG 1972 Introduction
- Since He is the origin of all incarnations, including the form of Narayana, the goddess of fortune, who is a constant companion of Narayana, gives up Narayana's association and engages herself in penance in order to gain the association of Krsna
- The argument of the atheist that one cannot be punished for one's misdeeds unless proved before a qualified justice is refuted herein, for we accept the perpetual witness and constant companion of the living being
- The body is a temple of disease, janma mrtyu jara vyadhi. Disease is our inevitable companion
- The companion spoken of as Avadhuta is the sense of smell. The door called Mukhya is the mouth, and Vipana is the faculty of speech. Rasajna is the sense of taste
- The main purpose of sannyasa life is to be in constant companionship with the Supreme Lord
- The nature of a woman, as personally described by Urvasi, is to establish false friendship with someone and then seek new male companions, one after another, even if this means giving up the company of a sincere well-wisher
- Their companions are Her confidantes, who embody extensions of Her bodily form and who are imbued and permeated with ever-blissful spiritual rasa
- This knowledge (the descriptions of Lord Anantadeva) is delivered to Narada by Lord Brahma, and the great saint Narada, along with his companion, Tumburu, distributes it all over the universe
- This knowledge is delivered to Narada by Lord Brahma, and the great saint Narada, along with his companion, Tumburu, distributes it all over the universe
- We must discover the essential part of the living being, that part which is his constant companion. That constant companion is his eternal quality, and that eternal quality is his eternal religion. BG 1972 Introduction
- When Gandhari came to know that her would-be husband was a blind man, to follow her life companion she decided to become voluntarily blind
- When King Indra ordered the Samvartaka and companion clouds to go to Vrndavana, the clouds were afraid of doing this mischief
- When Nanda Maharaja was taken away by one of Varuna's servants, Nanda's companions began to call loudly for Krsna and Balarama. Immediately Krsna and Balarama could understand that Nanda Maharaja had been taken by a servant of Varuna
- When the living entity and his companions leave, the body no longer works but turns into basic material elements - earth, water, fire, air and ether
- While walking on the road, he (Madhvacarya) was attacked by some dacoits, but by his bodily strength he killed them all. When his companion Satya Tirtha was attacked by a tiger, Madhvacarya separated them by virtue of his great strength
- With no companion, I loitered here and there until 1958, when I took sannyasa. Then I was completely ready to discharge the order of my spiritual master