Caitanya As Nimai Pandita
Pages in category "Caitanya As Nimai Pandita"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.
- Because of all the antiseptic effects of the nima tree and because Lord Caitanya was born beneath a nima tree, Sita Thakurani gave the Lord the name Nimai
- By the request of Jagannatha Misra the brahmana cooked for a third time, but for a third time the Lord (Nimai) came before him & began to eat the food, although the child had been locked within a room & everyone was sleeping because it was late at night
- Hearing these proposals made by other devotees of the Lord, mother Saci said to the devotees, "How many times shall I get the chance to see Nimai again"
- How could the boy understand that special prasadam was being prepared for Visnu? They (Jagadisa & Hiranya) immediately concluded that Nimai must have supernatural mystic power. Otherwise how could He understand that they were preparing special prasadam?
- In a moment, after you had wiped your eyes, you saw that the plate you had offered Me was empty. Then you thought, I dreamt as if Nimai were eating everything
- In His (Lord Caitanya's) youth He was celebrated as Nimai Pandita, and in the neighborhood villages He was called by that name, although His real name was Visvambhara
- Mother Saci said, "This consideration is good. In my opinion, if Nimai remains at Jagannatha Puri, He may not leave any one of us and at the same time can remain aloof as a sannyasi. Thus both purposes are fulfilled"
- My dear Nimai Pandita, what You have said is all true. Our scriptures have developed only recently, and they are certainly not logical and philosophical
- My mother was thinking, 'Nimai is not here. Who will accept all this food?' As she meditated upon Me in this way, her eyes filled with tears
- Sacimata said, "I wish Nimai would eat all the nice vegetables I cook. That is my desire"
- Sacimata said, "It will be a great happiness for me if Nimai (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu) stays here. But at the same time, if someone blames Him, it will be my great unhappiness"
- Sacimata submitted, "As far as you are concerned, you can meet Nimai (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu) many times somewhere else, but what is the possibility of my ever meeting Him again? I shall have to remain at home. A sannyasi never returns to his home"
- Sacimata, although the mother of Nimai Pandita, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, considered all the facts and decided to allow her son to go out and search for Krsna
- She blessed the newborn child by placing fresh grass and paddy on His head and saying, "May You be blessed with a long duration of life." But being afraid of ghosts and witches, she gave the child the name Nimai
- Sir, you are the ruler of this town. Whether Hindu or Muslim, everyone is under your protection. Therefore please call Nimai Pandita and make Him leave the town
- Sometimes I think that Nimai has eaten them, but afterwards I think that I was only dreaming
- Srimati Sacimata thought that the body of Nimai was being smashed when He fell down so. She cried, "Alas!" and petitioned Lord Visnu
- Taking the food upon her lap, Mother was crying to think that all that food was very dear to her Nimai
- Tapana Misra, being thus bewildered, was directed by a brahmana in a dream to go to Nimai Pandita (Caitanya Mahaprabhu)
- The story of the deliverance of the brahmana: By the request of Jagannatha Misra he (the brahmana) cooked for a second time, but when he was meditating the child (Nimai) again came before him and began to eat the food, again spoiling the offering
- The youngest son of Jagannatha Misra, Visvambhara, later became known as Nimai Pandita and then Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- They (Jagadisa & Hiranya) immediately sent the food to Lord Caitanya through His father, Jagannatha Misra. Nimai was feeling sick, but immediately after eating the visnu-prasadam He was cured, and He also distributed the prasadam among His playmates
- They (Nilambara Cakravarti, Sacimata and Jagannatha Misra) decided that on that very same day, which was very auspicious, they should observe a festival for His (child Nimai's) name-giving ceremony
- They accused, "Nimai Pandita alone has spoiled the entire country, He wants to strike a caste brahmana. He has no fear of religious principles
- Thinking thus, the pandita said, "My dear Nimai Pandita, please hear me. Hearing Your explanation, I am simply struck with wonder
- When He (Nimai) was a mere baby crawling in the yard, one day a snake appeared before Him, and the Lord began to play with it. All the members of the house were struck with fear and awe, but after a little while the snake went away
- When Nilambara Cakravarti, Sacimata and Jagannatha Misra understood from the marks on the Lord’s lotus feet that child Nimai was not an ordinary child but an incarnation of Narayana
- When the brahmana was offering the food to Lord Visnu in meditation, child Nimai came before him and began to eat it, and because of this the brahmana thought the whole offering had been spoiled
- Whenever Nimai falls to the surface of the earth, please do not let Him feel any pain
- While mother Saci and Jagannatha Misra were talking, child Nimai woke up and began to cry, and mother Saci took Him on her lap and allowed Him to suck her breast