Pages in category "By Becoming..."
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- According to the Vaisnava philosophy, a devotee is as good as Narayana not by becoming Narayana but by becoming the most confidential servant of Narayana
- Another sentence in this verse is very significant: kautumbikah krudhyati vai janaya. When one's mind is disturbed in so many ways, he satisfies himself by becoming angry with his poor wife and children
- Anyone who has any desire or aspiration for satisfying his senses by becoming more and more important, either in the material sense or in the spiritual sense, cannot actually relish the really sweet taste of devotional service
- As is stated in the Bhagavad-gita, "A materialistic person can give up his material hankerings only by becoming situated in Krsna consciousness"
- By becoming detached from material activities, we will be freed from fear and anger
- By becoming lover of God, you become eternally happy
- By following the Vedic culture, by performing great sacrifices and by becoming a strict follower of the Vedic instructions, one may become a brahmana, a sannyasi or an Aryan
- By studying Vedanta-sutra, by becoming a very great scholar, to achieve transcendental position of devotional service is very, very difficult
- If one goes to Mathura-mandala-bhumi for sense gratification or to make a livelihood, he commits an offense and is condemned. Whoever does so must be penalized in the next life by becoming a hog or a monkey in Vrndavana-dhama
- If you become proud by becoming the most confidential servant of Krsna, the same pride is for your liberation
- In Bharata-varsa one is naturally Krsna conscious, and if one further cultivates his Krsna consciousness, by the grace of Krsna he certainly expands his good fortune by becoming perfect in Krsna consciousness and very easily going back home, back to God
- In this way (by becoming Krsna conscious and render service unto Krsna as extensively as possible) one is liberated from material bondage. By the grace of Krsna, Devayani attained this state through the instructions of her husband
- It is wrong to think that simply by becoming a vegetarian one can avoid transgressing the laws of nature
- Many of these people (Mayavadi sannyasis, prakrta-sahajiyas, etc.) go there to solve their economic problems by becoming beggars. Although anyone living in Vrndavana somehow or other is benefited, the real Vrndavana is appreciated only by a pure devotee
- Material nature, has been described as the prostitute, and we are trying to become the husband of the prostitute. Has anyone become happy by becoming husband of a prostitute?
- One can become free from material embarrassment by becoming situated in factual knowledge. Sankhya means that factual knowledge by which one can get out of the material entanglement
- One can compensate for a life of frustration by becoming a dhira, or leaving home for good without communicating with relatives, and Vidura advised his eldest brother to adopt this way without delay because very quickly the age of Kali was approaching
- One can obtain the results of renunciation simply by self-control and by becoming unattached to material things and disregarding material enjoyments. That is the highest perfectional stage of renunciation. BG 18.49 - 1972
- One develops the highest character by becoming a pure devotee of Krsna. The conclusion is that no one can truly have any good qualities if he is lacking Krsna consciousness
- One who patiently follows the regulative principles of devotional service, the time will undoubtedly come when he will achieve the desired result, just as the females reap results by becoming pregnant
- Simply by becoming an academic scholar one cannot understand the Vedic statements; one has to approach the real authority who has received the Vedic knowledge by disciplic succession, as clearly explained in the Bhagavad-gita
- Simply by studying, becoming bookworm, you cannot advance. The real secret is... That is stated in the Vedas. Unflinching faith in God and spiritual master. Then things will be revealed from within. How much strength we have got to study all these books?
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is to be considered the most munificent personality, for He distributes the real essence of the Vedic sastras to anyone who becomes qualified by becoming His sincere servant
- The spiritual master's satisfaction is the means of assimilating transcendental knowledge. One cannot understand transcendental knowledge simply by becoming a grammarian
- These senseless, shameless persons who are advancing in their knowledge by becoming naked, they are going to be tree next life
- Those who are sinful persons, they cannot become so much purified by observing austerity, penances, celibacy, as one can become completely freed from sinful reaction by becoming devotee
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chastised all the devotees, telling them not to show impudence and spoil the entire world by becoming independent
- To achieve the highest success in life by becoming a gosvami and then a pure devotee of the Lord, one must follow the instructions known as Upadesamrta, which have been given by Srila Rupa Gosvami