Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Austerities in Devotional Service to God
austere | austerities | austerity | austerity's
Pages in category "Austerities in Devotional Service to God"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Devotional service is not possible to attain simply by undergoing severe austerities and penances, by gorgeously worshiping the Deity, or by strictly following the rules and regulations of the sannyasa or grhastha order
- Dhruva Maharaja conquered the Supreme Lord because at a very tender age, only five years old, he underwent all the austerities of devotional service
- Dhruva Maharaja is an acarya, and by undergoing severe austerities and penances he teaches us how one should execute devotional service. We must carefully know the process of Dhruva Maharaja's service
- One should engage in penance and austerity to attain the divine position of devotional service. By such activity, one's heart is purified, and when one attains this position, he attains eternal, blissful life, which is transcendental to material happiness
- One should practice a little austerity and not spend money on anything other than the regulative life of devotional service
- This confidential knowledge may never be explained to those who are not austere, or devoted, or engaged in devotional service, nor to one who is envious of Me
- Throughout the entire universe Krsna is the supreme enjoyer and beneficiary of all kinds of sacrifices, penances and austerities, which should be performed only to attain His devotional service