astrologer | astrologers | astrologists
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► Astrology (4 C, 73 P)
- ► Great Astrologer (17 P)
Pages in category "Astrologer"
The following 70 pages are in this category, out of 70 total.
- A man's destiny is therefore ascertained by the birthtime constellation of stars, and a factual horoscope is made by a learned astrologer. It is a great science, and misuse of a science does not make it useless
- After the birth of a child, the astrologers calculate the moment of the birth and make a horoscope of the child's future life
- Although being assured of his father's treasure, the poor man cannot acquire this treasure by such knowledge alone. Therefore the astrologer had to inform him of the means whereby he could actually find the treasure
- Amongst the karma-kanda experts, the expert jataka-vipras were good astrologers who could tell all the future history of a born child simply by the astral calculations of the time (lagna)
- Amongst the karma-kanda experts, the jataka expert vipras were good astrologers who could tell all the future history of a born child simply by the astral calculations of the time (lagna)
- Another ceremony takes place after the birth of the child: the family members take baths, cleanse themselves & decorate themselves with ornaments and nice garments; then they come before the child & the astrologer to hear of the future life of the child
- As an astrologer can see the future fate of a man, or an astronomer can foretell the solar and lunar eclipses, liberated souls can foretell the future of all mankind by seeing through the scriptures
- At the time of Maharaja Pariksit's birth, the expert astrologer-brahmanas foretold some of his qualities. Maharaja Pariksit developed all those qualities, being a great devotee of the Lord
- Because Garga Muni was an astrologer, he knew what others did not know. Yet Krsna has so many names that even Garga Muni did not know them all. It is to be concluded that Krsna, according to His transcendental activities, has many names and many forms
- Brahmanas could ordinarily cure all kinds of diseases simply by giving instructions and some medicine. Thus no one was bereft of the benefit of a first-class physician, astrologer and priest - because 500 years ago brahmans were qualified in all those
- Brahmanas generally used to become astrologers, Ayur-vedic physicians, teachers and priests. Although highly learned and respectable, such brahmanas went from door to door to distribute their knowledge
- By the words of the astrologer, the poor man's connection with the treasure was established. Similarly, the Vedic literature advises us that our real connection is with Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- He (the astrologer) was a great devotee and could see Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu to be the same personality as Krsna. He was puzzled, however, about whether Krsna and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were actually the same person
- He (the astrologer) was puzzled, however, about whether Krsna and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were actually the same person
- Herein (CC Adi 17.104) we find, however, that after hearing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s order, the astrologer immediately began his calculations. This was not a facade: he actually knew how to ascertain one’s past life through astrology
- I am certain that Your form and the form I saw in my meditation are one and the same. If I see any difference, this is an act of Your illusory energy
- I had good opportunities to become a very rich businessman. An astrologer even told me that I should have become as rich as the wealthiest man in India. There were very good chances
- In India there is an astrological system, it is called Bhrgu-samhita. According to that Bhrgu-samhita, the astrologer can say what the man was in the past and what he's going to be in future. And present also
- In Patada, Sanatana Gosvami rested in a hotel, but the hotelkeeper was informed by an astrologer employed there that Sanatana Gosvami had some gold coins with him. The hotelkeeper, desiring to get the money, spoke to Sanatana with seeming respect
- It appears that the astrologer not only was a knower of past, present and future through astrological calculation, but was a great meditator as well
- It appears that the astrologer was already an advanced devotee, and when he came into the presence of the Supreme Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he became perfectly self-realized and could see that the SPG Krsna and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are one
- It is not good however unnecessarily risk my life, but I think the predictions given by so many astrologers are not very sound. I take your advice that as soon as there are series of minor tremors I must leave for your shelter
- Kovidah means expert learned scholars, and abhijata, they will immediately make horoscope and tell about this newly born child, what is going to happen in his life in future. That is called astrologer
- Krsna consulted many learned astrologers to find the suitable moment at which to marry Kalindi, and then He married her with great pomp. This marriage ceremony gave much pleasure to the relatives of both parties, and all of them enjoyed the great occasion
- Seeing Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu to be the same Absolute Truth, the Supreme Brahman, the Personality of Godhead, the astrologer was confused
- Since Garga Muni was an astrologer, he could understand everything past and future, and thus he said, "I know everything about His activities and names, but others do not know. This child (Krsna) will be very pleasing to all the cowherd men and cows"
- Some astrologer told that "This boy, for executing his purpose, he will enter into the fire"
- Sometimes we go to an astrologer or palmist when we are in a distressed condition or when we want to know the future
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, an expert astrologer, explains the word naksatra-taradyah. The word naksatra means "the stars," the word tara in this context refers to the planets, and adyah means "the first one specifically mentioned"
- Struck with wonder, the astrologer remained silent, unable to speak. But when the Lord again put the question before him, he replied as follows
- The all-knowing astrologer concluded, "Whatever You may be or whoever You may be, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You!" By His causeless mercy, the Lord then gave him love of Godhead, thus rewarding him for his service
- The astrologer asked, 'Why are you unhappy? Your father was very wealthy, but he did not disclose his wealth to you because he died elsewhere'"
- The astrologer said, "What I saw in meditation was full of opulence, and therefore I was confused
- The astrologer said, 'The treasure is in this place, but if you dig toward the southern side, the wasps and drones will rise, and you will not get your treasure'
- The astrologer said, The treasure is in this place, but if you dig toward the southern side, the wasps and drones will rise, and you will not get your treasure
- The astrologer Sarvajna advised the poor man: Don't dig on the southern side of your house to find the treasure, for if you do so you will be attacked by a poisonous wasp and will be baffled
- The astrologer Sarvajna advised the poor man: The search should be conducted on the eastern side where there is actual light, which is called devotional service or Krsna consciousness
- The astrologer Sarvajna further advised the poor man: On the southern side there are Vedic rituals, and on the western side there is mental speculation, and on the northern side there is meditational yoga
- The astrologer saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to be the very same Personality of Godhead. We can just imagine how learned he was, yet he was traveling door to door, just like an ordinary beggar, for the highest benefit of human society
- The Bhagavata says that "Either you enquire..." You go to astrologer, "What is in my fate? Whether I am getting such and such things or not?" You enquire or not enquire, if you are destined to achieve that thing, it will come automatically
- The following parable may be given. Once a learned astrologer came to the house of a poor man and, seeing his distressed condition, questioned him
- The highest knowledge was easily available even to the poorest man in society. The poorest man could inquire from an astrologer about his past, present and future, with no need for business agreements or exorbitant payments
- The incident of Lord Caitanya’s meeting the all-knowing astrologer is not mentioned in the Caitanya-bhagavata, but we cannot therefore say that it did not take place
- The Lord said, "Please tell Me who I was in My previous birth, please tell Me by your astrological computations." Hearing the words of the Lord, the astrologer immediately began to calculate
- The next day, it was declared that a male child (Krsna) had been born to Yasoda. According to Vedic custom, Nanda Maharaja called for learned astrologers and brahmanas to perform the birth ceremony
- The social and the scriptural rules and regulations were followed. So when a child is born the astrologer is called. Still that system is followed. But due to this Kali-yuga the astrologer has also become a false, and this has become a formality
- The Vedic literatures are meant to free the conditioned soul from the miserable conditions of material existence. In this chapter (CC Madhya 20), the story of the astrologer Sarvajna and the poor man is very instructive
- There is a need of such vipras (good astrologers who could tell all the future history of a born child simply by the astral calculations) in the social structure, and it is the duty of the state to maintain them comfortably
- This is called jata-karma. Just after the child is born, this astrologer will come and he will see the moment, the astronomical situation, and make a horoscope, and then immediately his future activities and everything will be clearly made
- This is confirmed in Srimad-Bhagavatam (the color of the principal incarnation of the Supreme Lord according to the yuga) by the astrologer Gargamuni, who calculated Krsna's horoscope in the house of Nanda Maharaja
- This was done by the King of Kasi on the advice of an astrologer, and actually it so happened that after the marriage of the King's daughter with Svaphalka there was sufficient rainfall in the province
- Through astrology one can know past, present and future. Modern Western astrologers have no knowledge of the past or future, nor can they perfectly say anything about the present
- Through calculation and meditation, the all-knowing astrologer saw the greatly effulgent body of the Lord, which is the resting place of all the unlimited Vaikuntha planets
- When Krsna was born, the same principle was followed. Astrologer was called for, and there were good astrologers. And the great astrologer, a famous astrologer who came to see Krsna's birth affair, he was Garga Muni
- When the astrologer was speaking so highly of Him, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stopped him and began to smile. "My dear sir," He said, "I think you do not know very clearly what I was, for I know that in My previous birth I was a cowherd boy
- You should not listen to any of these so-called astrologers—strictly avoid. Don't even see them. What is the use of seeing them? Astrology is meant for the materialist, but a spiritualist does not care for the future.
- Your child should be named Subhadra, the name that you have already chosen, this is nice. Regarding the horoscope, it is a nice idea and if I meet a good astrologer I shall try to get one for your little child