Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
arousal | arouse | aroused | arouses | arousing
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Arouse"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- A dog cannot be educated to understand God but a man can be. So if this human life is misused in the matter of animal propensities then it is a great loss. His propensities for understanding God should be aroused that is real education
- A joker's activities simply arouse laughter, and a person who tries to repay the spiritual master or teacher of the transcendental message of Krsna becomes a laughingstock just like a joker because it is not possible to repay such a debt
- A person who is in pure bhakti-yoga, or in K.C., does not arouse the senses while meeting the demands of the body. Rather, he accepts the bare necessities of life, making the best use of a bad bargain, & enjoys transcendental happiness in K.C.
- According to the opinion of all expert devotees, anything that will arouse ecstatic love for Krsna is to be taken as an impetus for transcendental mellow
- After hearing Rukmini's statement and her clarification of each and every word He had used to arouse her anger of love toward Him, Krsna addressed Rukmini as follows
- By causing pain to one's own self due to self-envy and by causing pain to others, one arouses Your anger and practices irreligion
- By the association of pure devotees attachment for Krsna can be aroused, but if one commits offenses at the lotus feet of a devotee, one's shadow attachment or para attachment can be extinguished
- By this art (if one desires something which is unreasonable and can never be fulfilled, the desire can be subdued and satisfied, and that is an art) one can also subdue sex impulses when they are aroused, as they are even in brahmacari life
- Desires are very difficult to fulfill; but if one desires something which is unreasonable and can never be fulfilled, the desire can be subdued and satisfied, and that is an art. By this art one can also subdue sex impulses when they are aroused
- During the partition days in India, Hindus and Muslims were living together peacefully, manipulation by politicians suddenly aroused feelings of hatred between them, and they killed one another over politics
- If one makes friendship with Krsna, one will never be cheated, and he will get all help needed. Arousing this consciousness of the conditioned soul is the greatest service, not posing oneself as a great friend of another living entity
- If one simply bathes once within those holy waters, one's pure love of Krsna is fully aroused
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam, devotional service is discussed to arouse the living entity to the transcendental position of jnana (knowledge) and vairagya
- It (when a devotee thinks of Him as his pet son, personal friend or most dear fiance) is pure and natural love of Godhead, spontaneously aroused in the absolute stage
- Speaking of "your sister" was an appeal to identity. Speaking about killing a woman raises questions about fame and welfare, and arousing fear of the sinful act of killing one's sister during her marriage ceremony is an aspect of bheda
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mercy was aroused because of the King's previous service. Therefore, without even asking who he was, the Lord immediately bestowed His mercy upon him
- Suddenly, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became calm and considered His state of mind. He remembered the words of Pingala, and this aroused an ecstasy that moved Him to speak. Thus He explained the meaning of the verse
- The Bhagavata says that system of religion is the first class wherein love of Godhead is aroused spontaneously without any material impediment. So our movement gives practical proof that there is no impediment of body or mind
- The compassion of Lord Siva was aroused not because the demon was offering his flesh into the sacrificial fire but because he was about to commit suicide
- The occupational activities a man performs according to his own position are only so much useless labor if they do not provoke attraction for the message of the Personality of Godhead
- The ocean entered His abdomen with hunger and thirst, but the Cosmic Being refused to rise even then. The moon-god entered His heart with the mind, but the Cosmic Being would not be roused
- Their mutual enmity aroused, Pradyumna fought fiercely against Samba, Akrura against Kuntibhoja, Aniruddha against Satyaki, Subhadra against Sangramajit, Sumitra against Suratha, and the two Gadas against each other
- They could not arouse Krsna's mind or His sexual appetite. This means that Krsna never had any sexual relations with any of His many wives, save and except to beget children
- They were both inundated by the wonderful ecstasy of love that was aroused in them. Finally they sat down and respectfully began to converse
- We actually saw during the partition days in India that although Hindus & Muslims were living together peacefully, manipulation by politicians suddenly aroused feelings of hatred between them, and thus the Hindus & Muslims killed one another over politics
- When a man is sleeping, all his material assets - namely the vital energy, the senses for recording knowledge, the senses for working, the mind and the intelligence - cannot arouse him. He can be aroused only when the Supersoul helps him
- Why does Providence continue the life of one who does not wish to live? This thought aroused anger and lamentation in Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who then recited a verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam that chastises Providence and makes an accusation against Krsna