ambition | ambitions | ambitious | ambitiously
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Krsna's Ambitions (1 P)
- ► Personal Ambition (13 P)
- ► Radharani's Ambitions (1 P)
Pages in category "Ambition"
The following 124 pages are in this category, out of 124 total.
- A Krsna conscious person can occupy an exalted position beyond the imagination of any ambitious materialist
- A student educates himself with an ambition that "When I am grown up I shall have this standard of life. I shall become a high-court judge, I shall become a military man, I shall become a very good businessman"
- All ambitions which are desirable for great persons can be fulfilled simply by reading and understanding the narration of Dhruva Maharaja's activities
- All such persons have some ambition - to become a very big businessman, to become a great industrialist, to become a great poet or philosopher. But they do not know that even if their ambition is fulfilled, the result is temporary
- Although a person may desire material benefits from Krsna, the Lord, being all-powerful, considers the person's position and gradually liberates him from a materially ambitious life and engages him more in devotional service
- Although all the elderly gopis knew that Krsna was the son of mother Yasoda, they still desired, If Krsna had become my son, I would also have taken care of Him like mother Yasoda. This was their inner ambition
- Although one is acting according to false ambitions, he thinks he can improve his material conditions by his activities. The Vedas enjoin that one should not try to increase happiness or decrease distress, for this is futile
- As there are different ambitions, similarly, for your next life also you can maintain different ambitions. That is in your hands. That is stated in the Bhagavad-gita, yanti deva-vrata divan
- At the present moment the so-called executive heads are more or less selected from materially ambitious persons who simply look after their own personal interests; they have no knowledge of the sastras
- Atheistic kings or state executive heads, try to equip themselves with all kinds of deadly weapons to bring about a war in a peaceful society. They have no ambition other than personal aggrandizement, and thus mother earth feels overburdened
- Bali said, "My only ambition is that I may live alone just like the paramahamsas who travel alone here and there in great peace of mind, depending simply upon Your (Krsna) lotus feet"
- Because of His (Krsna) presence, all our ambitions and desires are gradually being fulfilled. Your Majesty, King of the Bhojas, you are related with the Yadu dynasty by matrimonial relationship, and by blood relationship also
- Because they (those who are ambitious to derive material benefit from devotional service) engage themselves in the devotional service of the Lord they ultimately come to understand that material enjoyment is not the goal of devotional service
- Brahma and Siva, who can satisfy all materially ambitious men by giving them the rewards they desire, then manifested their own identities before King Rantideva, for it was they who had presented themselves as the brahmana, sudra, candala and so on
- By writing about the pastimes of the Lord, one associates with the Lord directly. One should not ambitiously think, "I shall become a great author. I shall be celebrated as a writer." These are material desires
- Even though people may officially unite, they all have different interests. In the United Nations, for instance, all the nations have their particular national ambitions, and consequently they cannot be united
- Every woman wants a good husband, good home, good children, little ornaments, nice food. That is the ambition of every woman, but they are hopeless
- Everyone begins his activities with some plan and ambition, but actually, from the beginning of one's plan to the end, one does not derive any happiness
- Generally it is the ambition of a young girl to have a very handsome husband who is learned, clever, young and rich
- Generated next (from the ocean of milk) was the parijata flower, which decorates the celestial planets. O King (Pariksit), as you fulfill the desires of everyone on this planet by fulfilling all ambitions, the parijata fulfills the desires of everyone
- He (Bahulasva) was very well established in his reputation as a good king, and he was not at all ambitious to extend his kingdom for the sake of sense gratification
- Her (Gandhari's) ambition to become the mother of one hundred sons was fulfilled, and she began to nourish all the children according to her exalted position
- Highest ambition of the impersonalists
- If one can give up his ambition to engage in hackneyed material life and take to Krsna consciousness instead, he will be liberated from the stringent laws of material nature
- If one is actually sincere in writing, all his ambitions will be fulfilled. Whether one is known as a great author is incidental. One should not attempt to write transcendental literature for material name and fame
- If you want equality, fraternity, friendship, love and perfection, solution of problems, all problems, economic, political, social, religious, then come to Krsna consciousness. Come to this platform. Then all your ambitions will be fulfilled
- If your friends who are "educated and ambitious band of young workers" will agree to follow my direction, I think they can render a great service to the human society
- In Bhagavad-gita (BG 2.62) it is stated, sangat sanjayate kamah: one's desires and ambitions develop according to the company one keeps
- In every living entity these propensities (desires, ambitions and so on) exist because he is a living entity. When materially contaminated, however, one is put into the hands of material misery (janma-mrtyu jara-vyadhi) - BG 13.9
- In exchange for the paraphernalia of worship He usurped for Himself, Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted to bless the girls to fulfill all their ambitions and desires
- In order to fulfill this ambition (enjoy a life of sense gratification), the asuras, especially atheistic kings or state executive heads, try to equip themselves with all kinds of deadly weapons to bring about a war in a peaceful society
- In spite of being materially ambitious, such devotees, by rendering transcendental service, are gradually purified of desires for material enjoyment, and they come to desire the pleasure of devotional service
- In spite of having two sons, he (Manu) wanted the particular son born of Akuti because he was ambitious to have the Supreme Personality of Godhead appear as his son and grandson
- In this verse (SB 4.22.27) Svayambhuva Manu seeks to eradicate the last tinge of false ambition in Dhruva by explaining the position of the supreme controller
- It is another ambition of the spiritual master to see his disciples not only chant, dance and follow the regulative principles but also preach the sankirtana movement to others in order to deliver them
- It is better to use one's time for advancement in the spiritual life of Krsna consciousness. One should not waste his valuable life as a human being. It is better to utilize this life for developing KC, without ambitions for so-called happiness
- It is further said, "Who is that person who will not agree to worship the land of Mathura? Mathura can deliver all the desires and ambitions of the fruitive workers and of the salvationists, who desire to become one with the supreme Brahman"
- King Rantideva had no ambition to enjoy material benefits from the demigods. He offered them obeisances, but because he was factually attached to Lord Visnu, Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he fixed his mind at Lord Visnu's lotus feet
- Krsna continued, "Please take it for granted that no matter what ambition and desire you might have and no matter what you might expect from Me, I am always at your service"
- Krsna continued, "Such ambitions and desires, instead of becoming the cause of material bondage, become the source of liberation from this material world"
- Lord Krsna and Balarama appeared on this earth to lessen the burden of military strength created by the ambitious ksatriya kings. This is the way of materialistic life: not being satisfied by the absolute necessities of life
- Lord Krsna continued, "My dear best of queens, I clearly understand that you have no material ambition; your only purpose is to serve Me, and you have long been engaged in unalloyed service"
- Mahatma Vidura could follow this intrigue of Dhrtarastra and company, and therefore, even though he was a faithful servitor of his eldest brother, Dhrtarastra, he did not like his political ambition for the sake of his own sons
- Mucukunda continued, "My dear Lord, I pray that I may simply be engaged in rendering transcendental loving service unto Your lotus feet. This is the ambition of pure devotees, who are freed from all material contamination"
- O infallible one, my (Srila Rupa Gosvami) ambition is such, for You are very merciful to your surrendered devotees
- O insignificant demigods, if you truly have faith in your heroism, if you have patience in the cores of your hearts and if you are not ambitious for sense gratification, please stand before me for a moment
- O King, as you fulfill the desires of everyone on this planet by fulfilling all ambitions, the parijata fulfills the desires of everyone
- Offering his respectful obeisances, Banasura said, "My dear lord (Siva), anyone who has not fulfilled his ambition will be able to do so by taking shelter of your lotus feet, which are just like a desire tree from which one can take anything he desires"
- One may increase his ambition for sense gratification and even achieve what he desires for the gratification of his senses, but because this is on the material platform, he will never achieve satisfaction and contentment
- One must give up the ambition to be a learned scholar and in this way earn a worldly reputation and financial facilities
- One who narrates this description of the Matsya incarnation and King Satyavrata will certainly have all his ambitions fulfilled, and he will undoubtedly return home, back to Godhead
- People are trying to go to the moon planet, that is an ambition. But they are trying to fulfill the ambition wrongly. That is not the way, that we manufacture some machine and by force we enter into the moon planet. That is not possible
- Pride, ambition, weeping, smiling, envy, fear and anger are the seven ecstatic loving symptoms manifested by a jubilant shrinking away, and these symptoms are called kila-kincita-bhava
- Pururava wanted to have children continuously by the womb of Urvasi. His only ambition was to have sex life with Urvasi and thereby get a son
- Rohini said, "Our only ambition is to bear on our heads life after life the dust particles attached to the lotus feet of Lord Krsna. The goddess of fortune also desires to keep that dust on her breasts, along with fragrant saffron"
- Rukmini continued, "My only ambition is that I may always remain fast to Your lotus feet, for You can deliver Your devotees from illusory material existence and are always prepared to distribute Yourself to Your devotees"
- Rukmini continued, "The material mode of passion is also Your (Krsna) creation, so when You passionately glance upon me, I accept it as the greatest boon of my life. I am ambitious only for such auspicious moments"
- So many nationalists, economists and other ambitious persons have tried for happiness, individually or collectively, but history proves that they have all been frustrated
- Some men within this material world are free from material desire, some are ambitious to get more and more material profit, and some desire fulfillment in religious life, economic development, sense gratification and finally liberation
- Sometimes it so happens that if a person sincerely serves the Lord and at the same time maintains material ambitions, the Lord very kindly removes the sources of material happiness
- Sometimes the Lord gives a spiritual body to such ambitious worshipers. May that Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is unlimitedly merciful, bestow upon me the benediction of liberation from this present danger and from the materialistic way of life
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura has sung, "Such an ambition for a cheap reputation may be compared to the stool of a hog because such popularity is another extension of the influence of maya"
- The age of Kali means mismanagement and quarrel. And the root cause of all mismanagement and quarrel is that worthless men with the modes of lower-class men, who have no higher ambition in life, come to the helm of the state management
- The ambition of such people (followers of the philosophy of Sankhya or the yoga system of Patanjali) is never fulfilled; therefore they are attracted by the external energy
- The ambition to corroborate the existence of the transcendental Absolute Truth by limited conjectural endeavors cannot be fulfilled, because He is beyond the scope of our limited speculative minds
- The ambitious conditioned soul wants to be very happy in this material world with his family, but he is compared to a traveler in the forest who desires to climb a hill full of thorns and small stones
- The ambitious Mayavadi philosophers desire to merge into the existence of the Lord, and this may be accepted as sayujya-mukti. However, this form of mukti means denying one’s individual existence. In other words, it is a kind of spiritual suicide
- The conclusion is that the subtle body - mind, intelligence and ego - creates an atmosphere with desires and ambitions that the living entity enjoys in the subtle body
- The devotees are satisfied with being placed at the lotus feet of the Lord and have no ambition to see His all-beautiful face or aspire for the protection of the strong arms of the Lord
- The gopis have fallen into the great ocean of separation and are being devoured by the timingila fish of their ambition to serve You. The gopis are to be delivered from the mouths of these timingila fish, for they are pure devotees
- The Hindus, Muslims, they are innocent. They don't fight. These politicians engaged them to fight artificially for their political ambition. The wars also declared nowadays, on account of the rascal politicians. The people do not want it
- The King replied, "My Lord, I am the most obedient servant of Your servants. It is my ambition that You will accept me as the servant of Your servants"
- The ksatriya, or the man who is qualified to protect the sufferers, is meant to rule the state. Untrained lower-class men, or men without ambition to protect the sufferers, cannot be placed on the seat of an administrator
- The living entity must be living, always existing with desires, ambitions and so on. These should be purified, however, so that one can desire spiritually and be spiritually ambitious, without material contamination
- The Mayavadi philosophers' unrealizable ambition to become one with the Supreme through denying the existence of the Personality of Godhead results in a most calamitous misrepresentation of spiritual knowledge
- The natural ambition of a girl is to possess not only more than one child but at least half a dozen
- The PG said: My dear Dhruva, son of the King, you have executed pious vows & I also know the desire within your heart. Although your desire is very ambitious and very difficult to fulfill, I shall favor you with its fulfillment. All good fortune unto you
- The place, the time, the cause, the purpose, the activity and the ambition were all the same for both the demigods and the demons, but the demigods achieved one result and the demons another
- The real question is how can we remain unpolluted by material contamination while in the material world. It was Rupa Gosvami who explained that we can remain uncontaminated while in the world if we simply make it our ambition to serve Krsna
- The seven combined ingredients of maha-bhava are pride, ambition, fear, dry artificial crying, anger, envy and mild smiling
- The Supreme Lord is situated in everyone's heart, O Arjuna, and is directing the wanderings of all living entities, who are seated as on a machine, made of the material energy. (BG 18.61) The Lord gives everyone an opportunity to fulfill his ambitions
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Supersoul, is present in everyone's heart, and as the living entity desires, the Lord gives him facilities with which to work according to his ambitions in different grades of bodies
- The ultimate goal of all ambitions is to become a servant of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. If an intelligent man serves the most dear Lord, who gives Himself to His devotees, how can he desire material happiness, which is available even in hell?
- The way of religion is made by the Supreme Lord (Krsna). No one can manufacture a new path of religion, as is the fashion for certain ambitious persons
- Their (demoniac people's) only business is to indulge in all kinds of forbidden activities for sense gratification. Yad indriya-pritaya aprnoti: they deviate in this way because they want to gratify their senses. They have no other occupation or ambition
- Their (members of the Yadu dynasty) ambition was to offer Krsna perpetual devotion with faith. All the members of the Yadu dynasty were great devotees
- There are many instances in the history of the world of persons in the royal order who have killed their father, brother or a whole family and friends for the satisfaction of their ambitions
- There is a common saying in Bengal that the Lord has ten hands. If He wants to bestow benedictions upon us with His ten hands, we cannot factually receive them all with our two hands; in other words, the benedictions exceed our ambitions
- They (the asuras) have no ambition other than personal aggrandizement, and thus mother earth feels overburdened by such undue increases of military strength
- They (those who are ambitious to derive material benefit from devotional service) do not know that the result of devotional service is not material benediction
- This material world means we have got a seed of ambition that I want to become greater than everyone
- This was their (the elderly gopis) inner ambition. Now, in order to please them, Krsna personally took the role of their sons and fulfilled their desire
- Those who are ambitious to derive material benefit from devotional service are not pure devotees, but because they are engaged in devotional service they are considered fortunate
- Those who have given up all material activities and have ceased thinking of them should always retain the ambition to think of Krsna
- Those who try the impossible are irrational and overambitious. Everyone has to proceed gradually, placing each step securely before taking the next one. In this way one will ultimately reach the goal
- To work very hard like dogs and hog for sense gratification is not the ambition of human life. Human life is meant for little austerity. Tapo divyam putraka yena suddhyet sattvam. We have to purify our existence. That is the mission of human life
- Water certainly has value, but one drop of water cannot reduce the heat of the desert. In this material world everyone is ambitious, but the heat is very scorching. What will an imaginary castle in the air do to help
- We have heard that although powerful kings like Maharaja Prthu and Maharaja Gaya achieved proprietorship over the seven dvipas, they could not achieve satisfaction or find the end of their ambitions
- We have seen in the history of India that Aurangzeb killed his brother and nephews and imprisoned his father to fulfill political ambitions. There have been many similar instances, and Kamsa was the same type of king
- We should lay out the subject matter (of BTG) as nicely as possible to our intelligence and capacity, and without any ambition that it must attract customers. They may attract or not attract, it doesn't matter
- When a karmi performs some ritualistic ceremony, his ambition is sense gratification - good position, good wife, good house, good children or good wealth - but the ambition of the members of the Yadu dynasty was different
- When merciful Lord Krsna understands that a foolish devotee desires material prosperity, He gratefully gives him the shelter of His lotus feet. In this way, the Lord covers the devotee's undesirable ambitions
- When one is actually engaged in devotional service, he forgets his material ambitions and desires
- When one's sentiment or ambition becomes too great and is not fulfilled until after seemingly hopeless tribulation, that is taken as the greatest satisfaction
- When the body is too old to continue, the living being gives up this body and, by the laws of nature, automatically gets another body according to his fruitive activities, desires and ambitions
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who always desires to fulfill the ambitions of His devotees, saw that the demigods were morose
- With all these imperial ambitions, Dhrtarastra wanted to become a king, and he contrived all sorts of intrigues in consultation with his brother-in-law Sakuni
- Without ambition nobody can live. Self-interest, ambition, is everywhere. But self-interest is to execute the Krsna's desire. That they do not know
- You are both the supreme rulers and benedictors of the three worlds. Therefore, my Lord, Uttamasloka, may my ambitions be fulfilled by Your grace
- You are completely under the nature's control. Prakrteh kriyamanani gunaih karmani sarvasah (BG 3.27). Unless you are qualified. Everyone is ambitious, but does it mean simply by becoming ambitious, one can become very rich man or very respectable man?