Pages in category "Accepting Money"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.
- Srila Murari Gupta never accepted charity from friends, nor did he accept money from anyone. He practiced as a physician and maintained his family with his earnings
- Stay where you are and continue to send him rent money. If he refuses to accept it, then lodge the money with the rent court. Even if he tries to take us to court it will take years, so there is no immediate danger
- The brahmana accepts all kinds of contributions (pratigraha) from his followers (namely, the ksatriyas, vaisyas and sudras). But he does not keep all the money. He keeps only as much as required and gives the balance to others in charity (dana)
- The grhastha cannot accept charity. But a grhastha-brahmana, he can accept charity, but he will not, I mean to say, accumulate money by taking charity. Whatever he gets, he must spend
- There must be brahmanas who are independent. Canakya Pandita, whose name is still, still celebrated, he was prime minister of Maharaja Candragupta, but he was not accepting a single paisa as salary