abominable | abominably | abomination
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
- ► Abominable Activities of a Devotee of God (1 C, 1 P)
- ► Most Abominable (58 P)
Pages in category "Abominable"
The following 210 pages are in this category, out of 210 total.
- A Vaisnava is always afraid of abominable life, and to free himself from such horrible conditions, he engages himself in the devotional service of the Lord. The Lord is compassionate to them, and therefore He appears for their benefit
- A wife is always trained to be chaste and faithful to her husband, for this helps her achieve deliverance from any abominable material condition
- A woman should have a few children and in this way not be disturbing to the man. Unfortunately, if the man becomes attracted to the woman simply for sex enjoyment, then family life becomes abominable
- According to Rsabhadeva, such activities (sinful) are inauspicious because they force one to accept an abominable body in the next life
- According to scriptural codes, a teacher who engages in an abominable action and has lost his sense of discrimination is fit to be abandoned
- Actually the sastras aim at putting an end to these abominable activities, but they impart some regulative principles so that gradually meat-eaters and sex hunters will be rectified
- Ajamila was a brahmana who because of bad association had given up all brahminical culture and religious principles. Becoming most fallen, he stole, drank and performed other abominable acts. He even kept a prostitute
- Akrura continued, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto You (Krsna), who appear as Kalki to chastise the so-called royal order degraded to the abominable condition of the mlecchas, who are below the jurisdiction of Vedic regulative principles"
- Also, when the gopis first came to Him, He gave instructions to them to return to their homes. To call the wives of other persons or young girls & enjoy dancing with them is certainly abominable according to the Vedas. Why should Krsna have done this?
- Although abominable persons like my father, Vena the grandson of death personified, are bewildered on the path of religion, all the great personalities like those mentioned agree that in this world the only bestower of the benedictions of religion is SPG
- Although Antardhana could understand that King Indra was stealing the horse from his father, he did not kill Indra, for he knew that if one who is very powerful sometimes commits an abominable act, it should be disregarded
- Although he was abominable, all but the three principal demigods - Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and Lord Visnu - personally worshiped him to please him by bringing him various presentations because he had powerfully executed great austerities in mystic yoga
- Although in human society such activities (rape and theft) are considered abominable, the demigod Indra was not considered to be degraded by them
- Although the duskrtis have brain power and merit, their merit and brain power are used for abominable activities
- Although the duskrtis have brain power and merit, their merit and brain power are used for abominable activities. Sometimes, for example, materialistic scientists invent a lethal weapon
- Any materially elevated person can be condemned to an abominable species of life if he is not careful. It is a misconception that after reaching the human body one is never degraded
- Anyone who is living in a very abominable condition of life, maya, by illusion, he is thinking that he is all right, he is living very perfectly. But a person who is on the higher stage, he sees that he is living in a very abominable condition
- Anyone who takes to devotional service is exalted, whereas a nondevotee is always condemned and abominable. Therefore in the discharge of devotional service to the Lord, there is no consideration of the status of one's family
- Anyone who takes up Krsna consciousness achieves the highest perfection of life, regardless of whatever abominable condition of life he may have fallen into
- As a person with a sense of honor and magnanimity does not like to hear about his abominable actions, a person who is very famous and powerful does not like to hear himself praised
- As the living entity transmigrates from one form of life to another, he has to eat so many abominable foodstuffs that finally there is no limit
- Balarama said, "This is an abomination very much contrary to Our family tradition! To cut someone's hair and shave his mustache and beard is almost comparable to killing him"
- Because Asamanjasa engaged in such abominable activities, his father gave up affection for him and had him exiled. Then Asamanjasa exhibited his mystic power by reviving the boys and showing them to the King and their parents
- Because of a misdirected civilization, people are jumping in materialistic life like cats and dogs, performing all sorts of abominable, sinful actions and becoming increasingly entangled
- Bhisma said, "He (Krsna) is worshipable by all great sages, but still He is so merciful that He has come to see an abominable person like me"
- Canakya Pandita says, putra-hinam grham sunyam: without a son, married life is simply abominable
- Communism is a movement of sudras, and capitalism is meant for vaisyas. In the fighting between these two factions, the sudras and vaisyas, gradually, due to the abominable condition of society, the communists will emerge triumphant
- Daksa said: Narada Muni, you wear the dress of a saintly person, but you are not actually a saint. Indeed, although I am now in grhastha life, I am a saintly person. By showing my sons the path of renunciation, you have done me an abominable injustice
- Deriving its nutrition from the food and drink taken by the mother, the fetus grows and remains in that abominable residence of stools and urine, which is the breeding place of all kinds of worms
- Diti came to her senses after the abominable sexual intercourse with her husband
- Each and every member of this Society was rescued from a very abominable condition, but now they are engaged in preaching the cult of Krsna consciousness
- Engaging in the service of low-grade persons, however, is called sva-vrtti, the profession of the dogs. Specifically, brahmanas and ksatriyas should not engage in the low and abominable service of sudras
- Especially if a sannyasi not only maintains the body by ordinary means but does everything to maintain the body, including even eating meat and other abominable things, he must be a lampatah, a greedy person simply engaged in sense gratification
- Even a faultless person like Vidura could be charged with something abominable and punished
- Even a hog, who lives by eating stool, finds himself happy, although a person in a higher mode of life sees that the hog is eating stool. How abominable that life is
- Even if one fully engaged in the devotional service of the Lord is sometimes found engaged in abominable activities, these activities should be considered to be like the spots that resemble the mark of a rabbit on the moon
- Even to think of abominable sex life is sinful, and to compensate for such acts, one has to give up his body
- Everyone is thinking that his birthplace and his mother is better than the heaven. That is the psychology. So everyone, however abominable... Everyone is living in abominable condition
- Except for work in Krsna consciousness, all activities are abominable because they continually bind the worker to the cycle of birth and death
- For a person who is seriously desiring to cross the material ocean and engage in the transcendental loving service of the Lord without material motives, seeing a materialist engaged in sense gratification is more abominable than drinking poison willingly
- From the material point of view, the four sages' disobedience to the order of their father (Brahma) was certainly abominable, but because such disobedience was for a higher purpose, they were free from the reaction of disobedience
- From the Vedic angle of vision, the Western people are the most uncivilized. Only money is covering them. When they introduced that mini-skirt for the girl, how much abominable it was considered in India
- Haridasa Thakura replied, "I cannot go near the temple because I am a low-caste, abominable person. I have no authority to go there"
- Haridasa Thakura said, "Let Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu take His lunch with the devotees. Since I am abominable, I cannot sit down among you"
- Have you (Arjuna) not taken care of old men and boys who deserve to dine with you? Have you left them and taken your meals alone? Have you committed some unpardonable mistake which is considered to be abominable?
- Having taken birth in that family (dynasty of the Yadus), how could Krsna have been seduced, even by the gopis? It is concluded, therefore, that it was not possible for Krsna to do anything abominable
- He (King Nrga) was very powerful and very pious, but due to the small mistake of unknowingly usurping a brahmana's cow, he was condemned to the abominable life of a lizard
- He (Satrajit) thought about how he could clear himself of the abominable act he had performed by defaming Krsna
- He (the demon) forgets his relationship with Krsna and remains a naradhama in an abominable condition life after life
- I am certainly most abominable and unfortunate to have merged in an ocean of sinful activities, but nevertheless, because of my previous spiritual activities, I could see those four exalted personalities who came to rescue me
- I am very sorry that you have taken to homosex. It will not help you advance in your attempt for spiritual life. In fact, it will only hamper your advancement. I do not know why you have taken to such abominable activities. What can I say?
- If a person falls down but is wholeheartedly engaged in the transcendental service of the Supreme Lord, the Lord, being situated within his heart, purifies him and excuses him from that abomination
- If a person has completely engaged his mind, body and activities in the service of the Supreme Godhead, and externally he is found to be engaged in some abominable activities
- If by chance they (devotees of God) commit something abominable, it should not be taken into account, but should be overlooked
- If by chance they (devotees) commit something abominable, it should not be taken into account, but should be overlooked
- If I earn money, then how to invest it to make it double? Then how to keep it? Which bank I shall keep it so that my money will be safe? How I shall distribute it? So abhadra. Abhadra means the whole procedure is simply abominable
- If one becomes a Vaisnava under the principles of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he can be lifted at once from any abominable condition, svapacam varistham
- In BG, 16th Chapter, verses 19 & 20, it is said that those who are envious of the Lord & His devotees are thrown into the species of abominable life; life after life such fools are unable to remember the SPG, and therefore they continue going down & down
- In his (prakrta-sahajiyas) statement, Maharaja Pariksit has used several important words which require clarification. The first word, jugupsitam, means "abominable"
- In other words, he (a devotee engaged in abominable activities) is not to be considered an ordinary human being
- In our country, in India, if one is attacked with syphilis, then he is taken as very abominable. His character is not good, it is understood
- In the fighting between these two factions, the sudras and vaisyas, gradually, due to the abominable condition of society, the communists will emerge triumphant, and as soon as this takes place, whatever is left of society will be ruined
- In the material world, parakiya-rasa is abominable, whereas in the spiritual world it is present in the superexcellent relationship of Krsna and the gopis
- In the spiritual world the topmost part is this conjugal love, and here, the same thing, when pervertedly reflected, it is the lowest abominable
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is stated that if a person falls down but is wholeheartedly engaged in the transcendental service of the Supreme Lord, the Lord, being situated within his heart, purifies him and excuses him from that abomination
- In these ways (by driving cars, spending time in nightclubs or tasting abominable food in restaurants), the plundering senses take away all the assets that the conditioned soul has acquired with great difficulty
- In this age are all sudras and cannot follow the rules and regulations of sannyasa life. It is very commonly found that so-called sannyasis are addicted to nonsense - even to having private relationships with women. This is the abominable situation
- In this age of Kali, abortion - killing of the child within the womb - has become very common, and sometimes a child is even killed after birth. If a woman performs such an abominable act, she gradually loses all her bodily luster
- Indeed, he (the conditioned soul) commits abominable acts that cause him to suffer both in this life and in the next. Consequently illicit sex must be stopped by those who are spiritually inclined or who are on the path of spiritual realization
- Instead of surrendering unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the duskrtis worship different demigods to derive abominable material benefits
- It has been seen that a so-called devotee proclaims himself a follower of Nanda, Yasoda or the gopis, while at the same time his abominable attraction for mundane sex life is visible
- It is abominable for a ksatriya to be defeated by one who is inferior in strength or equal in strength. If one is defeated at all, he should be defeated by some superior power
- It is abominable for a person living in the grhastha-asrama to give up the regulative principles, or for a brahmacari not to follow the brahmacari vows while living under the care of the guru
- It is abominable for a vanaprastha to live in the village and engage in so-called social activities, or for a sannyasi to be addicted to sense gratification. One who acts in this way is to be considered the lowest renegade
- It is considered abominable in society if a woman is unfaithful and goes searching for another man. Such habits will deter a woman from being elevated to the heavenly planets, and the results of such habits are very degrading
- It is generally experienced that workers in big mills and factories are addicted to many abominable habits, and thus they gradually glide down to the lowest status to which a human being can descend
- It is no longer considered abominable to be a drunkard, woman-hunter, meat-eater, thief or rogue, for these elements have been assimilated by human society
- It is said that an animal can be killed in a sacrifice, yet some maintain that animal killing is completely abominable
- Kadarya bhaksana kare: And, according to his body, he (a person) eats all types of abominable things
- Killing the body of anyone without authority is abominable and is punishable by the law of the state as well as by the law of the Lord
- Krsna asked, "How is it that you performed such abominable activities that you got the body of a serpent?” The demigod then began to narrate the story of his previous life
- Krsna replied, "Because of Haihaya, Nahusa, Vena & Ravana's false perception of their positions, they fell from their exalted posts & they no longer remained kings of their respective kingdoms & were lost in the violence of abominable conditioned life"
- Krsna said, "A person who does not become abominable in the eyes of great persons cannot be condemned enough, and his refusal to give charity is lamentable throughout his whole life"
- Krsna said, "Any person who is completely fit and able to execute acts which will perpetuate his good name and fame and yet does not do so becomes abominable in the eyes of great persons"
- Krsna said, "If she (a woman) actually desires to be elevated to the higher planetary systems after leaving this body. Besides that, it is considered abominable in society if a woman is unfaithful and goes searching for another man"
- Krsna said: It was already known to Me that My great devotee Narada Muni had shown his causeless mercy by saving you (Nalakuvara & Manigriva) from the abominable condition of pride due to possessing extraordinary beauty & opulence in a family of demigods
- Krsna says in Bhagavad-gita (BG 9.30): Even if one commits the most abominable actions, if he is engaged in devotional service he is to be considered saintly because he is properly situated
- Lord Caitanya compared offenses toward a Vaisnava to a mad elephant. As a mad elephant can do anything horrible, so when a person offends a Vaisnava he can perform any abominable action
- Lord is always thinking of you, & you are also recognized by all His confidential devotees because you are a pure devotee of the Lord. Your life is meant for exemplary behavior. I am therefore surprised - why have you undertaken such an abominable task?
- Lord Krsna said that it is lust which causes a living entity to glide down from his exalted position to the abominable condition of material existence
- Lord Siva regards no one as his relative, yet there is no one who is not connected with him; he does not regard anyone as very favorable or abominable. We respectfully worship the remnants of his foodstuff, and we vow to accept what is rejected by him
- Lord Siva's uncivilized, devilish characteristics are never abominable because he teaches the sincere devotees of the Lord how to practice detachment from material enjoyment
- Lust & desire became manifested from the heart of Brahma, anger from between his eyebrows, greed from between his lips, the power of speaking from his mouth, the ocean from his penis, & low and abominable activities from his anus, the source of all sins
- Materialists who work hard like dogs and hogs simply for sense gratification are actually mad. They simply perform all kinds of abominable activities simply for sense gratification
- Modern society enjoys sex life with contraceptive methods or more abominable methods to avoid the responsibility of children. This is not in the transcendental quality, but is demoniac
- My dear King, while he thus spent his time in abominable, sinful activities to maintain his family of many sons, eighty-eight years of his life passed by
- My father and mother were old and had no other son or friend to look after them. Because I did not take care of them, they lived with great difficulty. Alas, like an abominable lower-class man, I ungratefully left them in that condition
- Neglecting Krsna consciousness, foolish people try to satisfy the goddess (Kali) by offering her many abominable things, but ultimately when there is a little discrepancy in this worship, the goddess punishes the worshiper by taking his life
- Nonetheless, he wanted to display himself as a miscreant, and therefore he would do things that were abominable in the eyes of the public and unfavorable to his relatives
- O Dhananjaya, keep all abominable activities far distant by devotional service, and in that consciousness surrender unto the Lord. Those who want to enjoy the fruits of their work are misers
- One cannot give up this abominable association (with women and sex literature) through one's own effort, but if one takes shelter of a bona fide spiritual master who is a paramahamsa, he will gradually be elevated to the platform of spiritual life
- One cannot understand the value of touchstone until it turns iron into gold. One should judge by action, not by promises. A maha-bhagavata can turn a living entity from abominable material life to the Lord's service. This is the test of a maha-bhagavata
- One should not misunderstand that a devotee in transcendental devotional service can act in all kinds of abominable ways
- One should work according to his own nature; no work is abominable, if performed in the service of the Supreme Lord
- One spoils an opulent position in the material world by driving cars, spending time in nightclubs or tasting abominable food in restaurants
- One who actually becomes conversant with the science of Krsna consciousness can understand that his material desire for sex is abominable whereas spiritual sex is desirable
- One's beautiful body may be decorated with jewels, but one spot of white leprosy makes the entire body abominable
- Our the whole instruction of Bhagavad-gita is that: You should not act for yourself; you should simply act for Krsna. So even fighting for Krsna, or even doing something still abominable for Krsna
- Parasurama established that the killing art, although sometimes necessary, is not good. Lord Parasurama considered Himself culpable for the sinful killing of the ksatriyas; therefore, how much more culpable are we for such abominable unsanctioned acts
- People are becoming more and more in the modes of darkness, they are eating so many abominable things. And prakrti also, I mean to say, minimizing the supply of sattvika food
- People do not know it. Just like cats and dogs. The cat or the dog does not know that his life is very abominable. No, he is happy. This is maya
- People do not see the effect of abominable activities because they do not know Krsna. But they will have to suffer the consequence. Time will come when there will be devastation, just like there was First & Second War and there was mass devastation
- Prostitute hunting is so abominable that the desire for sex with a prostitute can ruin one's character, destroy one's exalted position & plunder all one's money. Therefore illicit sex is strictly prohibited
- Prostitute hunting is so abominable that the desire for sex with a prostitute can ruin one's character, destroy one's exalted position and plunder all one's money. Therefore illicit sex is strictly prohibited
- Prthu Maharaja considered King Vena's character abominable because Vena was foolish regarding the execution of religious performances
- Restraint is difficult, but it is possible if one fully surrenders to Krsna, since these abominable habits gradually become distasteful for a Krsna conscious person. If illicit sex is allowed to increase in a society, the entire society will be condemned
- Restraint is very difficult, but it is quite possible if one fully surrenders to Krsna, since all these abominable habits (illicit sex, meat-eating, gambling and intoxication) gradually become distasteful for a Krsna conscious person
- Satadhanva was a sinful man of abominable character, and although due to his sinful activities he was not to live for many days, he decided to kill Satrajit while Satrajit was sleeping at home
- Sex indulgence is abominable and misdirected even from the ordinary point of view, the sahajiyas nonetheless pass themselves off as devotees conducting spiritual activities. For this reason, Vrndavana is no longer visited by intelligent men
- Since He (God) is full in all transcendental attributes, nothing abominable from the material world can exist in Him. He is transcendental and spiritual, and therefore conceptions of material happiness and distress do not apply to Him
- So medical treatment may give temporary relief from the distress of such venereal disease, but unless one is trained to understand that sex life is abominable, it is impossible to be saved from such repeated distress
- Some living entities stop to enjoy these abominable activities and consequently fall down to a degraded platform
- Some of them are born as exalted personalities, some are ordinary human beings, and some are extremely abominable, for in Bharata - varsa one takes birth exactly according to one's past karma
- Sometimes our conscience bids, "Don't do this," but due to our lust and greediness we do something which is abominable. Krsna is there within our heart. He also gives sometimes dictation, "Don't do it"; still, we do
- Srimad-Bhagavatam describes the Supreme Personality of Godhead as being so powerful that nothing we might consider abominable can affect Him
- Such acts (abominable acts due to previous habits) should not be taken very seriously because the devotees of the Lord are very powerful, whether they are on the heavenly planets or on this planet
- Such philosophizing will not save one from the danger of death, nor will it save one from an abominable afterlife
- Sukadeva Gosvami, who was completely detached from the abominable sex life of the material world, discussed this act of the Lord's pleasure potency certainly not in relation to sex
- The answer anticipates the abominable acts of the Mayavadi impersonalists who place themselves in the position of Krsna and enjoy the company of young girls and women
- The brothers Jagai and Madhai belonged to the brahmana caste, and their residence was in the holy place of Navadvipa. They never served low-class persons, nor were they instruments to abominable activities
- The demons are described in the Bhagavad-gita as duskrtis, or miscreants. Krti means "very meritorious,” but when duh is added it means "abominable"
- The devotees of the Lord never willingly commit any sinful act, but sometimes they commit something abominable due to their previous habits
- The gopis said, "This is exactly like a child's game that has no meaning. It is very abominable that you arrange to show us beautiful Krsna, whose bluish curling hair beautifies His broad forehead and sharp nose"
- The impersonal monist philosophy gives an indirect impetus to abominable mundane sex because it overly stresses the impersonality of the ultimate truth
- The impersonalist philosophers have given indirect impetus to the abominable mundane sex life because they have overstressed the impersonality of the ultimate truth
- The inhabitants of the heavenly planets do not eat such abominable things as meat and eggs; everything they eat is prepared in clarified butter. Nor do they like to see either men or women naked, except at the time of sexual intercourse
- The King (Dhrtarastra) did not forbid his son Duhsasana's abominable action of grabbing the hair of Draupadi, the wife of the godly King Yudhisthira, even though her tears washed the red dust on her breast
- The kings continued: "O Lord (Krsna), we were simply engaged in the abominable task of killing citizens and alluring them to be unnecessarily killed, just to satisfy our political whims"
- The living entity is satisfied in any abominable condition. Even if he is born as a worm living within the intestine or abdomen in the midst of urine and stool, still he is satisfied. This is the covering influence of maya
- The living entity travels in different types of bodies and eats all kinds of abominable things. When he does not become ultimately happy, he becomes morose or takes to the ways of hippies
- The Lord says that even if a devotee commits an abominable act, he should be considered a sadhu, or a pious man, because of his unflinching devotion to the Lord
- The mission of Lord Buddha was to save people from the abominable activity of animal killing and to save the poor animals from being unnecessarily killed
- The more one desires a degraded life within his heart, the more he falls down to occupy different forms of abominable existence. This is the process of transmigration and evolution
- The Nagapatnis said, "My Lord, although he (Kaliya) is born in a species of life which is fostered by the most abominable mode of material nature, accompanied with the quality of anger, this king of the serpents has achieved something very, very rare"
- The personified Vedas continued, "No one can estimate how much the living entity is degraded by entering abominable species of life such as cats and dogs"
- The power of speaking became manifested from the mouth of Brahma, the ocean from his penis, and low and abominable activities from his anus, the source of all sins
- The practice of forcing one's wife to drink one's own semen is a black art practiced by extremely lusty persons. Those who practice this very abominable activity say that if a wife is forced to drink her husband's semen, she remains very faithful to him
- The pure devotees of the Lord like Sukadeva Gosvami, who was completely detached from the abominable sex life of the material world
- The sannyasis of Kali-yuga who change their robes from white to saffron and then think they can do whatever they like are more abominable than materialistic grhasthas. This is not recommended anywhere
- The two brothers, Sakara Mallika & Dabira Khasa, very humbly submitted that due to their abominable activities they were now bound by the neck & hands & had been thrown into a ditch filled with abominable, stoollike objects of material sense enjoyment
- There are many activities in the Vedic literature which are subjects of contention. For instance, it is said that an animal can be killed in a sacrifice, yet some maintain that animal killing is completely abominable
- There are so many examples of contacts with woman, but in all cases the contacts were not abominable nor were the results of such contacts bad
- There are two kinds of sayujya-mukti: merging into the Brahman effulgence and merging into the personal body of the Lord. Merging into the Lord's body is even more abominable than merging into His effulgence
- There is always the chance that he may be put into the Puyoda Naraka, the hell named Puyoda, where one is forced to eat stool, urine, pus, mucus, saliva and other abominable things. It is significant that this verse (SB 5.26.23) is spoken about sudras
- Therefore when people imitate the rasa dance of Krsna with the gopis, they simply enjoy the perverted, abominable reflection of the transcendental parakiya-rasa
- These abominable activities will surely be very quickly vanquished by the influence of his staunch devotional force
- They (Nalakuvara and Manigriva) were in the mode of darkness, and being therefore unable to control their senses, they were addicted to sex life. It was the duty of a saintly person like Narada to save them from their abominable condition
- They (nondevotees) are such fools that they do not know what will happen to them in their next life. Although they see varieties of living creatures eating abominable things - pigs eating stool, crocodiles eating all kinds of flesh, and so on
- They are devoid of anger, and they work for the benefit of everyone. They do not behave in any abominable way. Such people are known as mahatmas
- They give up hearing the transcendental activities of the Lord and indulge in hearing of the abominable activities of materialistic persons
- This instruction by Krsna to the brahmana is very significant. The purport is that a true brahmana should not be disturbed in any situation. In this modern age, Kali-yuga, the so-called brahmanas have accepted the abominable position of sudras
- This is also confirmed in Bhagavad-gita (BG 9.30): Even if one commits the most abominable actions, if he is engaged in devotional service he is to be considered saintly because he is properly situated
- This is another instance of ecstatic love for Krsna in an abominable situation
- This is called unflinching faith. In spite of seeing my respectful superior abominable, not willingly, but by accident, still, I should not withdraw my respect
- This perception is possible only for one who is awakened to Krsna consciousness and who has become fully cognizant of the abominable nature of this material body
- This spell of maya is called avaranatmika sakti because it is so strong that the living entity is satisfied in any abominable condition
- Those situated in the mode of goodness gradually go upward to the higher planets; those in the mode of passion live on the earthly planets; and those in the abominable mode of ignorance go down to the hellish worlds
- Those who act in an ordinary way and do not commit excessively sinful acts remain within this middle planetary system, and those who perform abominable sinful actions must go down to hellish life
- Those who aspire to merge into the Brahman effulgence are as abominable as demons. Devotees who aspire to associate with the Supreme Lord to render Him transcendental loving service are far superior
- Those who perform abominable sinful actions must go down to hellish life
- Transgressions of religious principles by the supreme controller testify to His great power. For example, fire can consume any abominable thing; that is the manifestation of the supremacy of fire
- Vrtrasura rebuked both the demigods and the demoniac soldiers because the demons were running in fear of their lives and the demigods were killing them from behind. The actions of both were abominable
- Vrtrasura said, "O most abominable one, when I pierce your stonelike heart with my trident, I shall be freed from my debt to my brother"
- We first advise all the disciples in our Krsna consciousness movement to avoid illicit sex, which is the beginning of all abominable life and which is followed by meat-eating, gambling and intoxication, one after another
- We had fallen into abominable lives as meat-eaters, drunkards and woman hunters who performed all kinds of sinful activities, but now we have been given the opportunity to chant the Hare Krsna mantra
- We say "No illicit sex." It will save you from so many encumbrances. Sex life is not denied, but this unrestricted sex life is very very abominable in human society. But they are encouraging unrestricted sex life
- We think, "We are quite all right. Why should we surrender unto Krsna and go back to His kingdom?" This is called illusion, or maya. Everyone is satisfied with his standard of living, however abominable it may be
- What did they (Nalakuvara and Manigriva) do that was so abominable that even Narada, the great sage, became angry at them? Kindly describe this to me (King Pariksit) - SB 10.10.1
- What was the purpose for which the SPG accepted the abominable form of a fish, exactly as an ordinary living being accepts different forms under the laws of karma? The form of a fish is certainly condemned and full of terrible pain
- Whatever abominable characteristics we have developed, if we want to counteract it, we have to take to bhakti-yoga only. Anartha. Anartha. We have developed so many anartha. We don't require it, but we have developed all these symptoms
- When a devotee, lamenting for his past abominable activities, shows special symptoms on his body, his feeling is called ecstasy in devotional service in ghastliness. This is caused by the awakening of his Krsna consciousness
- When noncontradictory symptoms of ecstatic love are distinctly manifest, any contradictory symptoms create a sense of abomination. Contradictory ecstatic love is called selfish
- When one is ashamed of an abominable action, one naturally becomes down-faced. Diti came to her senses after the abominable sexual intercourse with her husband. Such sexual intercourse is condemned as prostitution
- When the demon (Vrkasura) was offered this facility by Lord Siva, he asked for a fearful and abominable benediction
- When the hog is taken from the flock for being killed, he screams very loudly, "Don't want. I don't want to be killed." Although the life is very abominable, still he's attached to the body. The old man is attached to the body
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead accepted the abominable form of a fish, He must have done so to favor some devotee. Pariksit Maharaja was eager to know about the devotee for whom the Supreme Lord accepted this form
- Who in this world but Nityananda could show His mercy to such an abominable person as me?
- Without Krsna consciousness, people will deteriorate further and further into a hellish condition wherein they will perform abominable acts
- Yamunacarya, a great acarya, said that ever since he had seen the charming pastimes of the Lord, the charms of sex life had become abominable for him, and the mere thought of sex enjoyment would cause him to spit and turn his face
- You have to live ten months within the womb of your mother in suffocated condition, either you take your birth in aristocratic family or in abominable family, either in human mother's womb or animal mother's womb. That does not make any difference