Pages in category "Younger Brother"
The following 93 pages are in this category, out of 93 total.
- After accepting the throne of the government by the fervent request of His younger brother Bharata, Lord Ramacandra ordered His younger brothers to go out and conquer the entire world, while He personally remained in the capital
- After performing these religious rituals (known as purascarya), the younger brother, Sakara Mallika (Rupa Gosvami), returned home with an immense amount of money which he had acquired during his government service
- After the death of Trivikramacarya, the younger brother of Narayanacarya took sannyasa and later became known as Visnu Tirtha
- After this incident, Satrajit's younger brother, in order to display the opulence of the family, took the jewel, put it on his neck and rode on horseback into the forest, making a show of his material opulence
- After this, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu saved Gopinatha Pattanayaka, the younger brother of Ramananda Raya, from being condemned to death by the King
- Aghasura happened to be the younger brother of Putana and Bakasura, and he thought, "Krsna has killed my brother and sister. Now I shall kill Him along with all His friends and calves." Aghasura was instigated by Kamsa, so he had come with determination
- Aghasura, who had been sent by Kamsa, was the younger brother of Putana and Bakasura - SB 10.12.14
- Are Ugrasena, whose son was the mischievous Kamsa, & his younger brother still living? Are Hrdika & his son Krtavarma happy? Are Akrura, Jayanta, Gada, Sarana & Satrujit all happy? How is Balarama, the Personality of Godhead & the protector of devotees?
- As a younger brother He (Laksmana) could not stop Lord Rama from His resolution, and so He remained silent, although unhappy in His mind
- Asvamedham gavalambham, sannyasam pala-paitrkam, devarena sutotpattim, kalau panca vivarjayet. Asvamedha sacrifice, gomedha sacrifice, sannyasa, and to get child by devara, husband's younger brother, these things are forbidden in this age
- Because all the six Gosvamins happened to be direct disciples of Lord Caitanya, so Gopala Bhatta Gosvami, although very young, he was treated as younger brother of Sanatana Gosvami
- Because by chance I was born blind, - he (Dhrtarastra) thought, "I could not inherit the throne of the kingdom, and instead it went to my younger brother. Now he is dead, so at least my sons should get the throne." This is the materialistic propensity
- Because he (Dhrtarastra) was blind from birth, he was disqualified from his rightful claim (the throne of Hastinapura). But he could not forget the bereavement, and his disappointment was somewhat compensated after the death of Pandu, his younger brother
- Bhagavan Acarya said to Svarupa Damodara, "Gopala, my younger brother, has returned to my home, having concluded his study of Vedanta philosophy"
- Bhagavan Acarya was very liberal and simple. His father, Satananda Khan, was completely materialistic, and his younger brother, Gopala Bhattacarya, was a staunch Mayavadi philosopher who had studied very elaborately
- By the grace of his younger brother Vidura, Dhrtarastra was enlightened and could see his grossly illusory engagements, and by such enlightenment he was able to leave home for spiritual realization
- Damodara Pandita replied, "Sankara is my younger brother, but from today he becomes my elder brother because of Your special mercy upon him"
- Dhruva Maharaja's younger brother Uttama, who was still unmarried, once went on a hunting excursion and was killed by a powerful Yaksa in the Himalaya Mountains. Along with him, his mother, Suruci, also followed the path of her son (she died)
- For this reason the ministers & all the elderly members of the family thought Utkala to be without intelligence & in fact, mad. Thus his younger brother, named Vatsara, the son of Bhrami, was elevated to the royal throne, and he became king of the world
- From the very beginning of his childhood, my younger brother Anupama was a great devotee of Raghunatha (Lord Ramacandra), and he worshiped Him with great determination
- From the very beginning, Srila Rupa Gosvami was deeply attracted by the transcendental qualities of Sri Caitanya. Thus he was permanently relieved from family life. Srila Rupa Gosvami and his younger brother, Vallabha, were blessed by Caitanya
- From there (Khejura) one has to walk or, during the rainy season, go by boat to the village of Talakhadi. In this village there are still descendants of Lokanatha Gosvami’s younger brother
- Gauridasa Pandita was the younger brother of Suryadasa Sarakhela, and with the permission of his elder brother he shifted his residence to the bank of the Ganges, living there in the town known as Ambika-kalana
- Greedy to get the money, the jailkeeper agreed to the proposition and let him (Sanatana Gosvami) go. In the meantime, Rupa Gosvami, with his younger brother Sri Vallabha, had started for Vrndavana to meet Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- He (Dhrtarastra) had a good younger brother, Vidura, and by his instruction he left to achieve salvation by closing all accounts in the material world
- He (Dhrtarastra) was confident that both his sons and the sons of his younger brother Pandu were assembled in that Field of Kuruksetra for a determined engagement of the war. Still, his inquiry is significant. BG 1972 purports
- He (Sikhi Mahiti) and his brother and sister always engaged in rendering service to the Lord (Caitnaya). Murari Mahiti, the younger brother of Sikhi Mahiti, is described in the Madhya-lila, Chapter Ten, verse 44 - of Caitnaya-caritamrta
- He is full of all opulences. Therefore He could not possibly have suffered because of separation from His wife, nor could He have given up His wife and Laksmana, His younger brother. To give up either would have been absolutely impossible
- Hiranyakasipu was himself very powerful, and he made his younger brother, Hiranyaksa, powerful to assist him in fighting with everyone and lording it over material nature as long as possible
- His (Lokanatha Gosvami's) father's name was Padmanabha, and his only sibling was a younger brother named Pragalbha. Following the orders of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Sri Lokanatha went to Vrndavana to live. He established a temple named Gokulananda
- His younger brother left behind him some minor children, and Dhrtarastra became the natural guardian of them, but at heart he wanted to become the factual king and hand the kingdom over to his own sons, headed by Duryodhana
- His younger brother, Hiranyaksa, was always ready to satisfy his elder brother by his activities. Hiranyaksa took a club on his shoulder and traveled all over the universe with a fighting spirit just to satisfy Hiranyakasipu
- I'll give you a practical example. This is my personal experience. One boy was suffering from some typhoid disease, and he asked his younger brother, "Please give me some biscuit"
- In course of time it came to pass that people in general became accustomed to greed, anger, pride, etc. Maharaja Yudhisthira, observing all these omens, spoke to his younger brother (Arjuna)
- In India, if one's name is Krsna, we say Krishta. My younger brother, his name was Krsna. So we were calling him Krishta. So Krishta, Christian
- In the city, when Satrajit's younger brother Prasena did not return from the forest with the jewel, Satrajit became very upset. He did not know that his brother had been killed by a lion and that the lion had been killed by Jambavan
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika (90), Srivasa Pandita (Srivasa Thakura) is described as an incarnation of Narada Muni, and Sri Rama Pandita, his younger brother, is said to be an incarnation of Parvata Muni, a great friend of Narada's
- In this verse it is figuratively stated that the younger brother of desire suddenly appeared in person when the sages (the four Kumaras) were forbidden to see their most beloved Personality of Godhead
- In typhoid fever, solid food is forbidden strictly, but the boy did not know. He asked his younger brother that, "If you steal one parata and if you give me, I am very much hungry." So he became very sympathetic to his brother, and he gave the parata
- It appears that Gopala Bhattacarya, the younger brother of Bhagavan Acarya, had studied Vedanta according to the way of the Sariraka-bhasya, which expounds the Mayavada philosophy of the impersonalists
- It is said that here (Dhanus-tirtha), on the request of Ravana’s younger brother Vibhisana, Lord Ramacandra destroyed the bridge to Lanka with His bow while returning to His capital
- It was said that the Nawab used to treat Sanatana Gosvami like a younger brother
- Kasyapa took him (Lord Siva) as his younger brother because the youngest sister of Diti (Kasyapa's wife) was married to Lord Siva
- Keep your younger brother Sankara with you because he is connected to Me by pure unalloyed love
- Krsna and Balarama present Themselves as younger brother and elder brother, but in the scriptures They are described as the original Supreme Personality of Godhead and His expansion
- Later, after eight or nine days, when the brahmana could see Ramacandra personally, he would break his fast. Upon observing the brahmana’s rigid vow, Ramacandra ordered His younger brother Laksmana to deliver a pair of Sita-Rama Deities to the brahmana
- Lord Caitanya continued, "O trees, kindly tell us whether Balarama's younger brother, Krsna, welcomed your obeisances with loving glances as He passed this way"
- Lord Nityananda Svarupa formerly appeared as Laksmana and served Lord Ramacandra as His younger brother
- Lord Siva's body is reddish, and he is unstained, but he is covered with ashes. His hair is dusty from the whirlwind dust of the burning crematorium. He is the younger brother of your (Diti's) husband (Kasyapa), and he sees with his three eyes
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said to his younger brother Bhimasena, I sent Arjuna to Dvaraka to meet his friends and to learn from the Personality of Godhead Krsna of His program of work
- Mamaka, pandava. "My sons and my younger brother's sons, they assembled together for fighting." Yuyutsava. Yuyutsava means "with fighting spirit." And dharma-ksetre kuru-ksetre, on the place known as Kuruksetra
- Mother Yasoda addressed Balarama thus: "My dear Rama, the glory of Your family, my dear child, please come back with Your younger brother Krsna immediately. You have been engaged in playing since early morning, and You must be very tired"
- My dear Baladeva, best of our family, please come immediately with Your younger brother, Krsna. You both ate in the morning, and now You ought to eat something more - SB 10.11.16
- Since I (Nawab Hussain Shah), your elder brother, am engaged in such a destructive business, you (Sanatana Gosvami), being my younger brother, should look after the state management. If you do not, how will things continue?
- Sitadevi belongs to the spiritual world. Similarly, Lord Laksmana, Ramacandra's younger brother, is a manifestation of Sankarsana, and Lord Ramacandra Himself is Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Sri Anupama was the father of Srila Jiva Gosvami and younger brother of Sri Sanatana Gosvami and Sri Rupa Gosvami
- Sri Anupama was the father of Srila Jiva Gosvami and younger brother of Sri Sanatana Gosvami and Sri Rupa Gosvami. His former name was Vallabha, but after Lord Caitanya met him He gave him the name Anupama
- Sri Jiva Gosvami awarded the designation Kaviraja to Ramacandra Sena, a disciple of Srinivasa Acarya’s, and to Ramacandra’s younger brother Govinda
- Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami was most probably born in the year 1416 Sakabda (A.D. 1494) in a kayastha family as the son of Govardhana Majumadara, who was the younger brother of the then zamindar, Hiranya Majumadara
- Srila Rupa Gosvami, the younger brother of Sanatana Gosvami, went to Prayaga, the modern city of Allahabad, with his younger brother Vallabha
- Srivasa Pandita was an incarnation of Narada Muni, and thus Srivasa’s younger brother, Srirama Pandita, is accepted as an incarnation of Parvata Muni, Narada Muni’s most intimate friend
- Suryadasa Sarakhela and his younger brother Krsnadasa Sarakhela both possessed firm faith in Nityananda Prabhu. They were a reservoir of love of Godhead
- The elder brother of Yavana-raja, known as Prajvara, set fire to the city to please his younger brother, whose other name is fear itself
- The elder brother's name (from an aristocratic family from Krsnapura) was Hiranya Majumadara, and the younger brother's name was Govardhana Majumadara
- The eleventh branch, the younger brother of Damodara Pandita, was known as Sankara Pandita
- The eleventh branch, the younger brother of Damodara Pandita, was known as Sankara Pandita. He was celebrated as the shoes of the Lord
- The gopis said, "He (Krsna) has stolen our hearts and gone away. If you have seen Him, kindly inform us which way He has gone. Dear asoka tree, dear naga flower tree and campaka flower tree, have you seen the younger brother of Balarama pass this way?"
- The gopis said, "Krsna is the well-wisher of Vrndavana. He is as kind to you as to us; therefore after leaving us, He must have been present in your company. O fortunate trees, we are thinking of Krsna, the younger brother of Balarama"
- The husband of one's sister is considered one's brother. By that social relationship, Lord Siva happened to be the younger brother of Kasyapa
- The King embraced Him as a younger brother, although the King knew perfectly well that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Laghu-bhagavatamrta (5.383) states: Sometimes He (Krsna) is called Narayana; sometimes Upendra (Vamana), the younger brother of Indra, King of heaven; and sometimes Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- The land being the possession of Jagannatha, the village was named Jagannatha-pura. It is said that when Kamalakara Pippalai left home his younger brother Nidhipati Pippalai searched for him and in due course of time found him in the village of Mahesa
- The Lord (Caitanya) told Sanatana Gosvami that He had previously taught his younger brother, Rupa Gosvami, at Prayaga (Allahabad). The Lord assured Sanatana Gosvami that He had empowered Rupa Gosvami to spread the knowledge He had given him
- The Lord informed Damodara that His affection toward him was on the platform of awe and reverence. However, the Lord’s affection toward his younger brother, Sankara, was on the platform of pure love
- The Lord was also accompanied by Hanuman (or by another monkey, Sugriva), king of the monkeys, and by His own younger brother Lord Laksmana, both of whom gave Him relief from the fatigue of wandering in the forest
- The Nawab used to consider Sanatana Gosvami his younger brother, and when he showed a very strong intention to resign, the Nawab, feeling familial affection, essentially said - I am your elder brother, but I do not look after the state management
- The son of Sri Vallabha, or Anupama, Srila Rupa Gosvami's younger brother, was the great learned scholar named Srila Jiva Gosvami
- The two brothers herein mentioned (CC Madhya 19.33) are Rupa Gosvami and his younger brother, Anupama Mallika. Rupa Gosvami was informing Sanatana Gosvami that he should join him and his younger brother
- The younger brother of desire is anger. If one's desire is not fulfilled, the younger brother, anger, follows
- There are three Bharatas. One Bharata is the son of Rsabhadeva. Another Bharata is the son of Maharaja Dusyanta. Another Bharata is the younger brother of Lord Ramacandra
- There is an instance when Sahadeva, the younger brother of Nakula, became greatly gladdened at seeing the effulgent glowing of Krsna's footprints
- Thus Vasudeva Datta admitted his inferiority to Mukunda, his younger brother. "Although Mukunda is my junior," he said, "he first received Your favor. Consequently he became transcendentally senior to me"
- Trembling of the body was exhibited in Sahadeva, the younger brother of Nakula. When Sisupala was vehemently blaspheming the Lord, Sahadeva began to tremble out of anger
- When Caitanya was later informed that Gopala Bhatta Gosvami had gone to Vrndavana and met Sri Rupa and Sanatana Gosvami, He was very pleased, & He advised Sri Rupa and Sanatana to accept Gopala Bhatta Gosvami as their younger brother and take care of him
- When Laksmana, the younger brother of Lord Ramacandra, heard of this, He immediately engaged Himself in the service of His elder brother and accepted His orders. The order of the spiritual master must be obeyed without consideration
- When Sisupala objected to the worship of Krsna in the raja-suya arena at a sacrifice organized by Maharaj Yudhisthira, Nakula, the younger brother of Arjuna, said
- While this was happening, Balarama, who is the master of all knowledge, stood there simply smiling. He knew how powerful His younger brother was & that there was no cause for anxiety when Krsna was fighting with an ordinary serpent of the material world