worthless | worthlessness
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Worthless"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.
- A sudra is forbidden to take lessons from the Vedas because a sudra, due to his unclean habits, is not worthy to hear such instructions
- A very nice, big machine, aeroplane, 747, but if there is no pilot, who will drive it? The machine is worthless unless there is the pilot. Similarly this is also machine, this body
- According to the estimation of Daksa, Siva was unclean in habits and not worthy to have the hand of his daughter, Sati, who was so enlightened, beautiful and chaste
- As a brahma-bandhu, or a worthless son of a brahmana, Asvatthama was not to be killed, but he was at the same time an aggressor also
- Because that currency (paper currency) is not backed up by gold, the paper they distribute as money is worthless, but nevertheless the people on earth are very proud of material advancement
- Brahma's mystic power became worthless in the presence of Krsna, for greater mystic power condemns inferior mystic power
- He (conditioned soul) wants to go to the moon or Venus to exploit resources there. But the Lord has warned us in the Bhagavad-gita about the worthlessness of all the innumerable planets of this universe, as well as those planets within other systems
- He (King Nrga) stated that these valuably decorated cows had not been given to any worthless persons but had been distributed to first-class brahmanas, whom he had also decorated with nice garments and gold ornaments
- He (my Guru Maharaja) asked me to take up this job as soon as I met Him in 1922; unfortunately I was so worthless that I delayed the matter until 1965, but He is so kind that by force He engaged me in His service
- I am in receipt of your note and gift of one ring. Just now I am wearing it. Because you have sincerely offered, I must accept on behalf of my Guru Maharaja although I am not worthy
- I tell you as a sincere friend that you must immediately retire from active politics if you do not desire to die an inglorious death. You have 125 years to live as you have desired to live but you if you die an inglorious death it is no worth
- In fact I am a worthless person because my Spiritual Master ordered me to take up this work in 1922 but I did not carry his order until 1958
- In the material world, sometimes one gives an exalted title to an utterly worthless thing; in Bengal this is known as giving a blind child a name like Padmalocana, which means “lotus-eyed.” One may foolishly call a blind child Padmalocana
- It is our duty to see that not a moment of our life is wasted in topics which are not related with Lord Krsna. Any topic, however pleasant, is not worth hearing if it is devoid of its relation to Krsna
- Mahabharata, which was especially prepared for the less intelligent class, namely the women, the laborers and those who are worthless descendants of the brahmanas, ksatriyas and higher sections of the vaisyas
- Maya may put so many doubts and worthless arguments into our minds, but if we continue the chanting, the curing process will go on, never mind the doubts, and gradually we will get a taste of that sweet nectar of Krishna Nama Sankirtana
- Temples and monasteries should be strictly off limits to worthless clubs of crazy men
- The age of Kali means mismanagement and quarrel. And the root cause of all mismanagement and quarrel is that worthless men with the modes of lower-class men, who have no higher ambition in life, come to the helm of the state management
- The gopis said, "Our husbands, friends, family members and children are all dear and pleasing to us only because of Your presence, for You are the Supersoul of all living creatures. Without Your presence, one is worthless"
- These literatures, although worthless in the true sense of the term, are variously decorated to attract the attention of the less intelligent men
- This so-called perfection of human life is a concoction. It is said that the materialist, how materially qualified he may be, is worthless because he is hovering on the mental plane, which will drag him again to the material existence of temporary life
- Unfortunately, on earth there is such a scarcity of gold that the governments of the world try to keep it in reserve and issue paper currency. Because that currency is not backed up by gold, the paper they distribute as money is worthless
- Unless one achieves at least the brahminical qualifications, one cannot understand the Vedic hymns. Mahabharata is also a division of the Vedas, but it is meant for women, sudras and dvija-bandhus, the worthless children of the higher section
- When one wants to supersede a superior power, one's own inferior power becomes ludicrous. Just as a glowworm in the daytime and snow at night have no value, Brahma's mystic power became worthless in the presence of Krsna
- Without hearing such literatures, one cannot make actual progress. And without hearing and following the instructions, the show of devotional service becomes worthless and therefore a sort of disturbance in the path of devotional service
- Worthless men with the modes of lower-class men
- Worthless men, with the modes of lower-class men, at the post of a king are sure to first hurt the cow and the brahminical culture, thereby pushing all society towards hell