weakness | weaknesses
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Weakness"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- A sense of weakness caused by distress, fearfulness or offensiveness is called humility. In this condition one becomes talkative, small in heart, dirty in mind, full of anxiety and inactive
- A wife should not leave her husband's protection because of such a misunderstanding. If she does so, it is understood to be due to her womanly weakness
- Although he could understand that his duty to fight was awaiting him, still, on account of miserly weakness, he could not discharge the duties. BG 1972 purports
- Due to his impatience, Arjuna was unable to stay on the battlefield (of Kuruksetra), and he was forgetting himself on account of the weakness of his mind. BG 1972 purports
- Due to strong ecstasy, they (the gopis) overcame that stage of weakness (feminine shyness) and became caught up with the idea of embracing the Lord, and this thought factually made them unconscious of their surrounding environment
- Now Agnidhra frankly admits his weakness. He was attracted to Purvacitti, and before she could say, "But I have no business with you," he expressed his desire to be united with her
- Now I am confused about my duty and have lost all composure because of weakness. In this condition I am asking You to tell me clearly what is best for me. Now I am Your disciple, and a soul surrendered unto You. Please instruct me. BG 2.7 - 1972
- Since the wife is weaker than the husband, this weakness is expressed in this verse (SB 4.28.44) with the words upa patim. Upa means near to, or almost equal to. Being a man, the husband is generally more advanced than his wife
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave us His opinion in the verse kiba vipra kiba nyasi, etc. This indicates that the Lord understood the weakness of society in its maintaining that only a grhastha-brahmana should be a spiritual master
- Such symptoms (his bodily limbs quivering and his mouth drying up) in Arjuna were not due to weakness but to his softheartedness, a characteristic of a pure devotee of the Lord. BG 1972 purports
- Sukracarya first cursed Yayati to become old so that he could no longer indulge in sex, but when Sukracarya saw that Yayati's emasculation would make his own daughter a victim of punishment, he used his mystic power to restore Yayati's masculinity
- The most important thing one has to surmount is weakness of the heart
- The period of life just prior to death is certainly very dangerous because usually at this time people are attacked by the weakness of old age as well as many kinds of disease
- They (queens) overcame that stage of weakness and became caught up with the idea of embracing the Lord (Krsna), and this thought factually made them unconscious of their surrounding environment
- Weakness is hypocrisy. If you are weak, you cannot become priest. Because you are teacher, religious teacher. You should not take that post. That is hypocrisy
- Western country youngsters giving up illicit sex, intoxication, meat eating and gambling is certainly a great reverse in the activities of maya. Therefore she took advantage of my old age weakness and gave me a death dash
- When a man is physically very strong, and if he has sex intercourse with a woman, she is sure to become pregnant. When pregnancy fails, it is due to the weakness of the male partner generally