"was formerly "|"were formerly"
Pages in category "Was Formerly"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.
- Brahma tells Narada, "My dear Narada, anyone who puts on his neck the flower garland which was formerly used by Krsna becomes relieved from all disease and reactions to sinful activities, and gradually he gets liberated from the contamination of matter"
- Brahmaji wanted to create the whole cosmic situation as it was in the previous millennium, and because, in the last devastation, knowledge of the Absolute Truth was altogether erased from the universe, he desired that the same knowledge again be renovated
- If one considers the statements of the Caitanya-bhagavata along with the description by Locana dasa Thakura, it is clear that present-day Navadvipa was formerly known as Kuliya-grama
- In his Anubhasya Sri Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Prabhupada says that Bhagavata Acarya was formerly among the followers of Advaita Acarya but was later counted among the followers of Gadadhara Pandita
- In texts 194 & 200 (of the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika) it is said that Kamsari Sena, the father of Sadasiva Kaviraja, was formerly the gopi named Ratnavali in Krsna’s pastimes. All the family members of Sadasiva Kaviraja were great devotees of Lord Caitanya
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika (132) it is said that Kala Krsnadasa, who was also known as Kaliya Krsnadasa, was formerly a gopa (cowherd boy) of the name Lavanga. He was one of the twelve cowherd boys
- In this age of Kali the people want their own government, because the kings have become corrupt. Formerly it was not like that
- It is said in the sastras that the same result that was formerly attained by difficult sacrifices or yoga practice is easily achieved in this age simply by chanting the Holy name of God
- O learned brahmana, it was formerly explained that all the planets of the universe with their respective governors are situated in the different parts of the gigantic body of the virat-purusa
- O Uddhava, please tell me (Vidura) how is Pradyumna, the commander-in-chief of the Yadus, who was Cupid in a former life? Rukmini bore him as her son from Lord Krsna, by the grace of brahmanas whom she pleased
- One should not wrongly conclude that the Lord was formerly unmanifested and has now manifested Himself in the human form
- Regarding the drug-addicted young boys and girls in your country, we can give them the best service as it is already evident from our practical movement. Most of my students were drug addicted formerly and now having taken to Krsna Consciousness
- Renunciation was exhibited by Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu when He stayed with Advaita Prabhu after taking sannyasa. All the devotees there wanted Him to stay a few days longer, but Lord Caitanya left without hesitation
- The conception of worldly opulence was formerly based mainly on natural resources such as jewels, marble, silk, ivory, gold and silver. The advancement of economic development was not based on big motorcars
- The earth was formerly called Ilavrta-varsa, but gradually as time passed it was divided by national boundaries
- The Mayavada theory holds that the living entity was formerly God but has now become overwhelmed by the influence of maya
- The next morning he met Kamalakara Pippalai, who was formerly an inhabitant of the village Khalijuli in the Sundaravana forest area of Bengal and was a pure Vaisnava, a great devotee of Lord Jagannatha; thus he immediately gave him charge of the worship
- The worshipers in this temple (of Yasomadhava) are the Gosvamis of Adiyala. As one of the sixty-four sakhis, he was formerly an assistant of Citradevi-gopi named Tilakini
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to study soil to find minerals. This study of soil is now a greatly specialized science, but formerly it was common knowledge even for the ordinary man
- This earth was formerly known as Ilavrta-varsa, and when Maharaja Pariksit ruled the earth it was called Bharata-varsa. Actually, Bharata-varsa is the name for the entire planet, but gradually Bharata-varsa has come to mean India
- This planet was formerly known as Ajanabha because of the reign of King Nabhi. After Bharata Maharaja ruled the planet, it became celebrated as Bharata-varsa
- Vaidarbhi - The woman who was formerly a man but took birth as a woman in his next life because of too much attachment to woman
- Vanamali Ghataka was formerly Visvamitra, who negotiated the marriage of Lord Ramacandra, and later he was the brahmana who negotiated the marriage of Lord Krsna with Rukmini. That same brahmana acted as the marriage-maker of the Lord in caitanya-lila
- Vasudeva was Prsni in his former life, and Devaki was Sutapa. Sutapa. Sutapa means one who can perform austerities and penance very nicely. Su means nicely, and tapah