This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Vaisnava Sannyasis"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- A tridandi-sannyasi is a Vaisnava sannyasi, and an ekadandi-sannyasi is a Mayavadi sannyasi. There are many other types of sannyasis, who are not approved by Vedic rituals
- A Vaisnava sannyasi always offers his blessings to everyone, saying krsne matir astu - "May you become Krsna conscious"
- A Vaisnava sannyasi does not think himself fit to imitate the dress of a paramahamsa Vaisnava
- A Vaisnava sannyasi never accepts an invitation from a party who considers Mayavadi sannyasis and Vaisnava sannyasis to be one and the same
- Brahma satyam jagan mithya: The Mayavadis think that the world is false, but the Vaisnava sannyasis do not think like this. Vaisnavas say - Why should the world be false? It is reality, & it is meant for the service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Brahmananda Bharati gave it up and accepted a loincloth of saffron color, as used by Vaisnava sannyasis. For some time he lived with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Jagannatha Puri
- Generally Mayavadi sannyasis and worshipers of Lord Siva live in Varanasi, but how is it that Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who took the part of a Vaisnava sannyasi, also visited the Visvesvara temple
- Gold is a generator of falsity, intoxication, prostitution, enmity and violence. Under the guidance of a proper king, public leader, brahmana or sannyasi, the same gold can be utilized to reestablish the lost legs of the bull, the personality of religion
- If a brahmana is not truthful, all his claims as a brahmana at once become null and void. If a sannyasi is illicitly connected with women, all his claims as a sannyasi at once become false
- In the Srngeri-matha, the sannyasis assume the designations Sarasvati, Bharati and Puri. They are all ekadandi-sannyasis, distinguished from the Vaisnava sannyasis, who are known as tridandi-sannyasis
- In the Visnu Svami Vaisnava sampradaya, there are ten different kinds of sannyasa names and 108 different names for sannyasis who accept the tri-danda, the triple staff of sannyasa. This is approved by the Vedic rules
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya intended to convert Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who was a Vaisnava sannyasi, into a Mayavadi sannyasi. He therefore made this arrangement to instruct Him in the Vedanta-sutra according to the Sariraka commentary of Sankaracarya
- Such a sannyasi (a Vaisnava sannyasi) is free to accept or reject the marks of sannyasa. His only thought is "Where is there an opportunity to spread Krsna consciousness
- That is the instruction of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu (Vaisnava sannyasis do not at all like to associate with Mayavadi sannyasis), given by His personal behavior
- The brahmanas are the religious preceptors for all other castes, and the sannyasis are the spiritual masters for all the castes and orders of society. So also are the king and the public leaders who are responsible for the material welfare of all people
- The goal of those who have renounced the material world is the attainment of Narayana. A Vaisnava sannyasi therefore dedicates his life to serving Narayana; he does not falsely claim to be Narayana
- The Mayavadi sannyasis are ekadandi-svamis, whereas the Vaisnava sannyasis are known as tridandi-svamis, or more distinctly, tridandi-gosvamis, in order to be distinguished from the Mayavadi philosophers
- The students of the Bhagavata school are engaged in devotional service of the Lord, according to pancaratriki regulations, and therefore the Vaisnava sannyasis have multiple engagements in the transcendental service of the Lord. BG 1972 purports
- The tridandi-sannyasi of the Vaisnava school accepts three rods, representing the vow to engage in the service of the Lord with body, mind and speech, whereas the ekadandi-sannyasi takes the vow to become one with the Supreme
- The Vaisnava sannyasi is known as a tridandi-sannyasi. The Mayavadi sannyasi accepts only one danda, not understanding the meaning of tri-danda
- The Vaisnava sannyasis travel all over the world to make every place a place of pilgrimage by the touch of their lotus feet
- The Vaisnava sannyasis, who are engaged in devotional service, are happy in the discharge of their transcendental duties, and they have the guarantee of ultimate entrance into the kingdom of God. BG 1972 purports
- They (brahmanas, sannyasis and ksatriyas) are meant for full cooperation for common welfare. Maharaja Pariksit was experienced enough to drive away Kali from his field of activities and thereby make the state receptive to spiritual enlightenment
- This exemplary behavior of Lord Caitanya (accepting food at the house of Tapana Misra and never mixing with other sannyasis) definitely proves that a Vaisnava sannyasi cannot accept invitations from Mayavadi sannyasis or intimately mix with them
- To preach, such sannyasis may accept the symbols of sannyasa, such as the danda and kamandalu, or sometimes they may not. Generally the Vaisnava sannyasis, being paramahamsas, are automatically called babajis, and they do not carry a kamandalu or danda
- Vaisnava sannyasis do not at all like to associate with Mayavadi sannyasis, to say nothing of eating with them. This principle must be followed by the sannyasis of the Krsna consciousness movement
- Vaisnava sannyasis never think of themselves as being one with the Lord; they always consider themselves eternal servants of Krsna, and they want to see everyone in the world become Krsna conscious