twin | twins
Pages in category "Twin"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- In the fourth incarnation, the Lord became Nara and Narayana, the twin sons of the wife of King Dharma. Thus He undertook severe and exemplary penances to control the senses
- It is stated that when the male secretion enters the menstrual flux in the uterus in two successive drops, the mother develops two embryos in her womb, and she brings forth twins in a reverse order to that in which they were first conceived
- It is the prowess of these twin asuras (demons) that has disturbed you, for it has minimized your power. There is no remedy within my power, however, for it is the Lord Himself who desires to do all this
- Karna is the half brother of Arjuna, as he was born of Kunti before her marriage with King Pandu. Krpacarya's twin sister married Dronacarya
- Kasyapa, Prajapati, the creator of the living entities, gave his twin sons their names; the one who was born first he named Hiranyaksa, and the one who was first conceived by Diti he named Hiranyakasipu
- The brahmana's younger wife, after entrusting her twin children - the boy and girl - to the elder wife, departed for Patiloka, voluntarily dying with her husband
- The virtuous lady Diti had been very apprehensive of trouble to the gods from the children in her womb, and her husband (Kasyapa) predicted the same. She brought forth twin sons (Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu) after a full one hundred years of pregnancy
- The virtuous lady Diti had been very apprehensive of trouble to the gods from the children in her womb, and her husband predicted the same. She brought forth twin sons after a full one hundred years of pregnancy
- They (the citizens of Mathura) spoke of the killing of the demon Putana, as well as the killing of Trnavarta, who came as a whirlwind. They also recalled the deliverance of the twin brothers from within the yamala-arjuna trees
- To exhibit His personal way of austerity and penance, He (the Personality of Godhead) appeared in twin forms as Narayana and Nara in the womb of Murti, the wife of Dharma and the daughter of Daksa
- When the time came, the pregnant mother Sitadevi gave birth to twin sons, later celebrated as Lava and Kusa. The ritualistic ceremonies for their birth were performed by Valmiki Muni
- When the twin arjuna trees fell to the ground, making a sound like the falling of thunderbolts, all the inhabitants of Gokula, including Nanda, immediately came to the spot. They were very astonished to see how the two great trees had suddenly fallen