This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya and Tukarama (4 P)
Pages in category "Tukarama"
The following 4 pages are in this category, out of 4 total.
- The city of Pandarapura is situated on the river Bhima. It is said that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu initiated Tukarama when He visited Pandarapura, and thus Tukarama became His disciple
- The sankirtana party belonging to Tukarama is still very popular in Bombay and throughout the province of Maharashtra
- Tukarama Acarya became very famous in the Maharashtra province, and he spread the sankirtana movement all over the province
- Tukarama's book is known as Abhanga. His sankirtana party exactly resembles the Gaudiya-Vaisnava sankirtana parties, for they chant the holy name of the Lord with mrdanga and karatalas