tribute | tributed | tributes
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Paying Tribute to God (1 P)
Pages in category "Tribute"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.
- By His grace was the demon named Maya saved from the blazing Khandava Forest, and thus we could build our assembly house of wonderful architectural workmanship, where all the princes assembled during the performance of Rajasuya-yajna and paid you tributes
- By offering libations of water before one’s forefathers is called pitr-yajna. By offering tribute, one performs bhuta-yajna. By properly receiving guests, one performs nr-yajna
- By the flowing of their waves, the various oceans of the universe, along with their tributaries, the rivers, which are compared to their wives, supplied various kinds of gems and jewels for Hiranyakasipu's use
- Maharaja Pariksit conquered all parts of the earthly planet - Bhadrasva, Ketumala, Bharata, the northern Kuru, Kimpurusa, etc. - and exacted tributes from their respective rulers
- Maharaja Pariksit was formerly declared to be the emperor of all lands ruled by his grandfather, but still he had to establish his supremacy while he was out of his capital to exact tribute from such states
- The Kimpurusas are descendants of a daughter of Daksa. When Maharaja Yudhisthira performed a horse sacrifice yajna, the inhabitants of these countries were also present to take part in the festival, and they paid tributes to the Emperor
- There is a statement about Uddhava's symptoms of love. When he saw Lord Krsna his eyes filled with tears and created a river which flowed down toward the sea of Krsna to offer tribute, as a wife offers tribute to her husband
- They (all state princes) felt the supernatural power of the Pandavas, and thus without grudge all of them submitted and paid tributes to the Emperor