The Three Worlds
"three worlds" | "three world" | "loka-traya" | "loka-trayam" | "Bhuh Bhuvah Svah"
- the three primary planetary systems - Bhūḥ, Bhuvaḥ and Svaḥ
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "The Three Worlds"
The following 264 pages are in this category, out of 264 total.
- A dance in the midst of many girls is called a rasa dance. So Krsna began to dance among the most beautiful and fortunate girls within the three worlds. The gopis of Vrndavana, who were so attracted to Him, danced with Krsna, hand in hand
- A mere drop of Krsna’s sweetness can drown these three worlds - Goloka Vrndavana, Hari-dhama (Vaikunthaloka) and Devi-dhama (the material world)
- A person who is not self-controlled will not be happy even with possessing the three worlds
- A pure devotee continuously remembers the lotus feet of Lord Sri Krsna and does not forget Him even for a moment, not even in exchange for all the opulence of the three worlds
- A Vaisnava found in varnas other than brahmana can purify all the three worlds
- Above all, because she was engaged in the service of Lord Krsna - although at that time she (Rukmini) was old enough to have grown-up sons - her beautiful body was beyond compare in the three worlds
- After conquering the three worlds (the upper, middle and lower planetary systems), Soma, the moon-god, performed a great sacrifice known as the Rajasuya-yajna. Because he was very much puffed up, he forcibly kidnapped Brhaspati's wife, whose name was Tara
- After hearing Usa's words, Citralekha immediately replied, "I can understand your bereavement, and I assure you that if this boy is within these three worlds - the upper, middle and lower planetary systems - I must find him for your satisfaction"
- After the three worlds - the upper, lower and middle planetary systems - merged into the water of dissolution, the living entities of all the three worlds remained in their subtle bodies by dint of the energy called kala
- Akrura continued, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto You (Krsna), who appeared as Vamanadeva and covered the three worlds simply by extending Your lotus feet"
- Akrura continued, "The Ganges water not only sanctifies the three worlds but is carried on the head of Lord Siva. The ancestors of Bhagiratha, sanctified by this water, achieved the heavenly planets"
- Akrura continued, "The water of His (Krsna's) lotus feet purifies the three worlds, and now He has kindly come to my place. Who in the three worlds among factually learned men will not take shelter of Your lotus feet and surrender unto You"
- Akrura expected blessings from Krsna's hands. He knew that Indra, who is the King of heaven & the master of the three worlds - the upper, middle & lower planetary systems - was blessed by the Lord simply for offering a little water which Krsna accepted
- Akrura thought, "Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the spiritual master of all spiritual masters; He is the deliverer of all fallen souls and the proprietor of the three worlds"
- All sane men within these three worlds certainly accept the conclusion that no one is more merciful and magnanimous than Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and that no one is as kind to his devotees
- All the hellish planets are situated in the intermediate space between the three worlds and the Garbhodaka Ocean. They lie on the southern side of the universe, beneath Bhu-mandala, and slightly above the water of the Garbhodaka Ocean
- All the luminaries, from the sun up to Dhruvaloka, distribute their rays throughout the three worlds, but only within the boundary formed by this mountain (Lokaloka Mountain)
- All the residents of Dvaraka approached and addressed Him, "Dear Lord (Krsna) of the three worlds, a great fiery demon is ready to burn the whole city of Dvaraka! Please save us"
- All the wealth in the three worlds cannot equal the value of one such nectarean fruit of devotional service
- All the women in the three worlds where death is inevitable - the heavenly, middle & lower planets - are very easily available to Krsna because His curved eyebrows are so attractive. Moreover, He is always served very faithfully by the goddess of fortune
- Although Bali Maharaja was cheated (by Visnu), his reputation as a great devotee able to give anything and everything in charity is still glorified throughout the three worlds
- Although Narada Muni wanders in the three worlds, he has exalted devotion for Narayana
- Although Vrtrasura can destroy all the three worlds, do not fear that he will harm you. He is also a devotee and will never be envious of you
- Apart from seeing You, whoever listens to Your holy name is made mad with ecstatic love for Krsna and is able to deliver the three worlds
- Appearing as Vamana and begging Bali Maharaja for three feet of land, the Lord took possession of the entire three worlds. Thus Bali Maharaja became a great devotee of Lord Vamana
- At that time, O King, the demigods had been cursed by Durvasa Muni, the three worlds were poverty-stricken, and therefore ritualistic ceremonies could not be performed. The effects of this were very serious
- At the beginning of the devastation all the seas overflow, and hurricane winds blow very violently. Thus the waves of the seas become ferocious, and in no time at all the three worlds are full of water
- Bali Maharaja gave a gift of three paces of land to Lord Visnu, & because of this charity he lost all the three worlds. Later, however, when Visnu is pleased because of Bali's giving everything to Him, Bali Maharaja will achieve the perfection of life
- Bali Maharaja was so powerful that he fought with Indra and took possession of the three worlds
- Being the life air of every living entity, the Lord is the maintainer of the three worlds. Consequently He can induce every living entity to engage in his real life's duty with full bodily and mental strength
- Bhagavad-gita recommends that any work done should be done for om tat sat, or for the Supreme Personality of Godhead. When one performs penance, charity, and sacrifice with these three words, he is acting in Krsna consciousness. BG 1972 purports
- Brahma drew the Lord's attention to this subject (of BG 9.26) and requested that He release Bali Maharaja, who was suffering, being bound by the ropes of Varuna, and who had already given everything, including the three worlds and whatever he possessed
- Brahma is the creator of the three worlds, namely the lower planets, called the Patalalokas, the middle planets, called the Bhurlokas, and the upper planets, called the Svarlokas
- Brahma said, "O my Lord, O all-pervading Supreme Personality of Godhead, O Supersoul, controller of all mystic powers, no one can appreciate Your transcendental pastimes as they are exhibited within these three worlds"
- Brahma says: O my dear Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, O Supersoul, O master of all mystic powers, no one can know or explain Your expansions, which You manifest by Your yogamaya energy. These expansions extend throughout the three worlds
- Brahma then said that his birth was from the lotus flower which blossomed from the navel of Narayana after the dissolution of the three worlds, or three planetary systems, known as Bhurloka, Bhuvarloka and Svarloka
- By His (Krsna) accepting food thus, the assembly of munis, while bathing in the river, felt sumptuously fed. And all the three worlds were also satisfied
- By the supreme will of Krsna, the mountain known as Lokaloka has been installed as the outer border of the three worlds - Bhurloka, Bhuvarloka and Svarloka - to control the rays of the sun throughout the universe
- Daksa regained his previous opulence and again begot thousands and millions of children to fill the three worlds
- Dhruvaloka, where Dhruva Maharaja is situated at the summit of the three worlds
- Dyav aprthivyoh (the space between heaven and earth) and lokatrayam (three worlds) are significant words in this verse (of BG 11.20). BG 1972 purports
- Even now Kapila Muni is staying there in trance for the deliverance of the conditioned souls in the three worlds, and all the acaryas, or great teachers, of the system of Sankhya philosophy are worshiping Him
- Even saintly persons like Bhrgu, born previously, could not perform such severe austerities, nor will anyone in the future be able to do so. Who within these three worlds can sustain his life without even drinking water for one hundred celestial years?
- For fear of them I do not wish to speak, but if they do not understand, then what can be happier in all the three worlds?
- For the benefit of the three worlds, Lord Siva, who is known as Tripurari, once set fire to the three kingdoms of Maya, but later, being pleased with him, he returned his kingdom
- For the welfare of Indra, the King of heaven, Lord Visnu appeared in the form of a dwarf brahmacari as the son of Aditi and tricked Bali Maharaja by begging for only three paces of land but taking all the three worlds
- Formerly when Brahma, the first created living entity, performed sacrifices, he spoke these three names (om tat sat) of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The same principle holds by disciplic succession. So this hymn has great significance. BG 1972 pur
- He (Banasura) appreciated the fact that Usa could not have selected anyone in the three worlds more beautiful. Aniruddha's complexion was brilliant and swarthy
- He (God) is the beneficiary for all the results of sacrifices and penances (bhoktaram yajna-tapasam), and He is the proprietor of all the three worlds - sarva-loka-mahesvaram
- He (Kuvera) knew that for Dhruva Maharaja there was nothing desirable within the three material worlds. He knew that Dhruva would ask for nothing but to remember the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord constantly
- He attracts the minds of all three worlds with the melodious vibration of His flute. (4) His personal beauty and opulence are beyond compare. No one is equal to Him, and no one is greater than Him
- Here (in CC Madhya 4.134) is an example of a personal benediction by Krsna’s immoral activity. By Gopinatha’s stealing for His devotee, the devotee becomes the most fortunate person within the three worlds
- Here (in SB 9.10.15) Ravana is compared to urine because he was a cause of disturbances to the three worlds. Thus the ocean personified wanted him killed by Lord Ramacandra
- Hiranyakasipu became the conqueror of the entire universe. Indeed, that great demon conquered all the planets in the three worlds-upper, middle and lower-including the planets of the human beings, the Gandharvas, the Garudas, the great serpents
- Hiranyakasipu did not know that Prahlada Maharaja was the most fortunate person within the three worlds because Prahlada was protected by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Such are the misunderstandings of demons
- Hiranyakasipu had been exactly like a fever of meningitis in the head of the three worlds. Thus when the wives of the demigods saw that the great demon had been killed by the personal hands of the SPG, their faces blossomed in great joy
- Hiranyakasipu, was unafraid of death from anyone within the three worlds because he received a benediction from Lord Brahma. He was proud and puffed up due to this benediction and was able to bring all three planetary systems under his control
- His rising in the sky dissipated the darkness of sinful life, and thus the three worlds became joyful and chanted the holy name of the Lord
- How this could be possible (to inundate the three worlds with nectar) was exhibited by Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and later by Thakura Narottama dasa and Syamananda Gosvami, who all represented the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- I am the master of My unobstructed internal energy, and the water of the Ganges is the remnant left after My feet are washed. That water sanctifies the three worlds, along with Lord Siva, who bears it on his head
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto You, the all-pervading Lord Visnu, who have entered the cores of the hearts of all living entities. All the three worlds reside within Your navel, yet You are above the three worlds
- I want to occupy a position more exalted than any yet achieved within the three worlds by anyone, even by my fathers and grandfathers. If you will oblige, kindly advise me of an honest path to follow by which I can achieve the goal of my life
- In His incarnation as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Lord Sri Krsna descended to deliver all the living beings in the three worlds, from Brahmaloka down to Patalaloka
- In the activities of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the three worlds dance and chant, having come in touch with love of Godhead. This is the characteristic of His pastimes
- In the Brahmanda Purana it is said that all the results of traveling on all the pilgrimages within the three worlds can be achieved simply by touching the holy land of Mathura
- In the Krsna-karnamrta Bilvamangala Thakur has explained his restlessness as follows, "My dear Lord, Your naughtiness in boyhood is the most wonderful thing in the three worlds"
- In the Ninth Chapter is a description of how Gopinatha Pattanayaka was delivered and how the people of the three worlds were able to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In the society of the gopis, Krsna looked very beautiful. They were the most beautiful damsels within the three worlds, and they assembled together around Krsna
- In the womb of that girl the Pracetas all begot a son named Daksa, who filled the three worlds with living entities
- In this way Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu delivered the entire three worlds, not only by His personal presence but also by empowering others. I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) shall briefly describe how He empowered a living being in Bengal
- Indra rode on the back of his carrier, Airavata, surrounded by all the demigods, while all the great sages offered him praise. Thus he shone very beautifully, pleasing the three worlds as he rode off to kill Vrtrasura
- Indra, King of heaven, being protected by the arms of Vamanadeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, thus regained his rule of the three worlds and was reinstated in his own position, supremely opulent, fearless and fully satisfied
- Indra, King of heaven, receiving benedictions from the Supreme Personality of Godhead and thus enjoying highly developed opulences, maintains the living entities all over the three worlds by pouring sufficient rain on all the planets
- It appears that even in the higher planetary systems, to which people are promoted by pious activities, disturbances are created by asuras like Hiranyakasipu. No one in the three worlds can live in peace and prosperity without disturbance
- King Indra, who performed one hundred sacrifices, received this prayer of protection from Visvarupa. After conquering the demons, he enjoyed all the opulences of the three worlds
- King Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami: My lord, kindly explain the Visnu mantra armor that protected King Indra and enabled him to conquer his enemies, along with their carriers, and enjoy the opulence of the three worlds
- King Yudhisthira once said, "Krsna, the chariot driver of Arjuna, is the only relative of mine within the three worlds"
- Krama also means 'power,' 'trembling,' 'a systematic method,' 'argument' and 'a forcible attack by stepping forward.' Thus Vamana caused the three worlds to tremble
- Krsna attracts not only the minds of the gopis and the goddesses of fortune but the minds of all the young girls in the three worlds as well
- Krsna has four extraordinary transcendental qualities absent in Lord Narayana. These four qualities are, (3) His playing on the flute, whose vibration attracts the three worlds
- Krsna has four extraordinary transcendental qualities absent in Lord Narayana. These four qualities are, (4) His extraordinary beauty, which surpasses the beauty of the three worlds. Lord Krsna's beauty is unequaled and unsurpassed
- Krsna is so mild & merciful, as described in the above verses, yet He is the Lord of all kinds of threes. He is the Supreme Lord of the 3 worlds, the 3 qualities of material nature & the 3 purusas - Karanodakasayi, Garbhodakasayi and Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- Krsna said to Narada, "Fortunately, when we meet you we can very easily take information from Your Holiness of all the news of the three worlds, for within this cosmic manifestation of the Supreme Lord there is nothing concealed from your knowledge"
- Later (in the Eighth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam) I (Sukadeva Gosvami) shall describe how Urukrama, Lord Vamanadeva, appeared as the son of the great sage Kasyapa and how He covered the three worlds with three steps
- Let us speak one word that is very true. Plainly hear us, O merciful one. There is no other object of mercy within the three worlds but us
- Like the sun, Your (Narada Muni) Goodness can travel everywhere in the three worlds, and like the air you can penetrate the internal region of everyone
- Lord Caitanya also said that He was seeing the three worlds as vacant for want of Krsna. This is the highest stage of Krsna consciousness. Almost all of the inhabitants of Vrndavana had the highest ecstatic love for Krsna
- Lord Krsna continued: "There is no one in the three worlds of the universe, including the powerful demigods, who can surpass My devotees in any of the six opulences, namely wealth, strength, reputation, beauty, knowledge and renunciation"
- Lord Narayana has sixty transcendental qualities. Over and above these, Krsna has four extraordinary transcendental qualities absent in Lord Narayana. These four qualities are (3) His playing on the flute, whose vibration attracts the three worlds
- Lord Narayana has sixty transcendental qualities. Over and above these, Krsna has four extraordinary transcendental qualities absent in Lord Narayana. These four qualities are (4) His extraordinary beauty, which surpasses the beauty of the three worlds
- Lord Sri Krsna is factually the spiritual master of the three worlds, and He is the original source of all Vedic knowledge
- Lord Vamanadeva was standing at Indra's door, but King Indra, instead of begging Him for an opportunity to render transcendental loving service, engaged Him in asking me for alms to gain the three worlds for his sense gratification
- May Vamana protect me on the land. Since the gigantic form of the Lord, Visvarupa, conquers the three worlds, may He protect me in the sky
- My dear King Pracinabarhisat, at this time the daughter of formidable Time was seeking her husband throughout the three worlds. Although no one agreed to accept her, she came
- My dear King Yudhisthira, because of these three dwellings the commanders of the demons remained invisible to the demigods. Taking advantage of this opportunity, the demons, remembering their former enmity, began to vanquish the three worlds
- My dear Lord Krsna, where is that woman within the three worlds who would not be captivated by the rhythms of the sweet songs coming from Your wonderful flute? Who would not fall down from the path of chastity in this way
- My dear Lord, You are the gigantic universal form which contains all the individual bodies of the living entities. You are the maintainer of the three worlds, and as such You maintain the mind, senses, body, and air of life within them
- My dear Lord, Your chastising me is Your causeless mercy. Who within the three worlds can understand Your real character
- My dear Sanatana, the sweet, attractive transcendental form of Krsna is so nice. Just try to understand it. Even a fractional understanding of Krsna's beauty can merge all three worlds in the ocean of love
- My Lord, You may use my water as You like. Indeed, You may cross it and go to the abode of Ravana, who is the great source of disturbance and crying for the three worlds. He is the son of Visrava, but is condemned like urine
- My Lord, Your (Krsna's) form is transcendental to the three material modes, yet for the maintenance of the three worlds, You assume the white color of Visnu in goodness - SB 10.3.20
- My son Prahlada, you rascal, you know that when I am angry all the planets of the three worlds tremble, along with their chief rulers. By whose power has a rascal like you become so impudent that you appear fearless and overstep my power to rule you?
- My sweetness is wonderful, infinite and full. No one in the three worlds can find its limit
- Nityananda Prabhu then said, "Who is there in the three worlds who can ask You to see the King"
- No one within the three worlds is sufficiently powerful to deliver us. You are the only savior of the fallen souls; therefore there is no one but You
- Now please hear from me the names of all these daughters and their descendants, who filled all the three worlds
- O best of persons, O supreme director, those who actually aspire for supreme good fortune worship this form of Your Lordship according to the Vedic Tantras. My Lord, we can see all the three worlds in You
- O haughty one, you will have two contemptuous sons born of your condemned womb. Unlucky woman, they will cause constant lamentation to all the three worlds
- O hero's wife, kindly tell me if someone has offended you. I am prepared to give such a person punishment as long as he does not belong to the brahmana caste. But for the servant of Muraripu (Krsna), I excuse no one within or beyond these three worlds
- O King Pariksit, at the end of the past millennium, at the end of Brahma's day, because Lord Brahma sleeps during the night, annihilation took place, and the three worlds were covered by the water of the ocean
- O Krsna, O flute-player, the sweetness of Your early age is wonderful within these three worlds. You know My unsteadiness, and I know Yours
- O lord, we have heard from reliable sources that in order to obtain your post, Hiranyakasipu is now engaged in severe austerity. You are the master of the three worlds. Please, without delay, take whatever steps you deem appropriate
- O maintainer of all creatures, I am not prepared to fight with them even in exchange for the three worlds, let alone this earth. BG 1.32-35 - 1972
- O my Lord, You are the beginning, the manifestation and the ultimate dissolution of the three worlds, and You are celebrated in the Vedas as the reservoir of unlimited potencies, the Supreme Person
- O sage, kindly narrate how the SPG, who is the independent, desireless Lord of the three worlds & the controller of all energies, accepts incarnations & creates the cosmic manifestation with perfectly arranged regulative principles for its maintenance
- Omkara (pranava) is the symbolic sound representation of the SPG. Om tat sad iti nirdeso brahmanas tri-vidhah smrtah: the three words om tat sat immediately invoke the Supreme Person. Therefore Krsna says that He is omkara in all the Vedic mantras
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "Although My beauty defeats the beauty of ten million Cupids, although it is unequaled and unsurpassed, and although it gives pleasure to the three worlds, seeing Radharani gives pleasure to My eyes"
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "The vibration of My transcendental flute attracts the three worlds, but My ears are enchanted by the sweet words of Srimati Radharani"
- One may become as strong and puffed up as Hiranyakasipu and bring under his control all the three worlds, but there is no possibility of continuing life eternally or keeping the conquered booty forever
- One may raise the question how all three worlds became inundated with love of Krsna, since Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed kirtana only in the Navadvipa area. The answer is that Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krsna Himself
- One should be satisfied with whatever he achieves by his previous destiny, for discontent can never bring happiness. A person who is not self-controlled will not be happy even with possessing the three worlds
- One who can understand that Krsna is the proprietor of all the three worlds and that He is the friend of everyone is peaceful and independent
- One who is fully surrendered is qualified with the six following characteristics: (4) The devotee must be firmly convinced that within the three worlds he has no protector or maintainer other than Krsna
- Others, who are attached to family life and who do not strictly follow celibacy vows, must live within the three material worlds
- People forget all these devastations of the worlds and think themselves happy in the material progress of civilization. This is called maya, or "that which is not
- People from the three worlds used to come visit Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Anyone who saw Him received the transcendental treasure of love for Krsna
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "All the women in the three worlds where death is inevitable - the heavenly, middle and lower planets - are very easily available to Krsna because His curved eyebrows are so attractive"
- Radharani's friend said, "I think it may be granted that this person is the same enchanting Personality of Godhead by whose flute vibration the three worlds are captivated. He must be the same Mukunda who is standing before Govardhan Hill"
- Ramananda Raya continued, "Please therefore hear from me about the glories of Srimati Radharani's loving affairs. They are beyond compare within these three worlds"
- Ravana is compared to urine because he was a cause of disturbances to the three worlds. Thus the ocean personified wanted him killed by Lord Ramacandra
- Rsabhadeva, a partial incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, will take birth from his father, Ayusman, and his mother, Ambudhara. He will enable the Indra named Adbhuta to enjoy the opulence of the three worlds
- Rukmini continued, "I have therefore accepted Your (Krsna's) lotus feet not without consideration but after mature and deliberate decision. My dear Lord, You are the master of the three worlds"
- Rukmini continued, "My dear Lord, You are the master of the three worlds. You can fulfill all the desires of all Your devotees in this world and the next because You are the Supreme Soul of everyone"
- Rukmini was conscious that her husband was not an ordinary human being. He was the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the master of the three worlds
- Since the Supreme Brahman was situated in the heart of Dhruva Maharaja, he became heavier than the heaviest, and therefore everything trembled in all three worlds and in the spiritual world
- Sovereignty over the three worlds is very insignificant because whatever material opulence one may possess lasts only for an age of Manu, which is but a tiny fraction of endless time
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Today I have conquered the three worlds very easily. Today I have ascended to the spiritual world"
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami continued: After thus being fully instructed by Lord Brahma, who is the spiritual master of the three worlds, Priyavrata, his own position being inferior, offered obeisances, accepted the order and carried it out with great respect
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura sings in his Prarthana (39): My dear Lord, please be merciful to me. Who can be more merciful than Your Lordship within these three worlds
- Srimati Sitadevi is the mother of the three worlds and the wife of Lord Ramacandra. Among chaste women she is supreme, and she is the daughter of King Janaka
- Srinatha Pandita, the forty-ninth branch, was the beloved recipient of all the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Everyone in the three worlds was astonished to see how he worshiped Lord Krsna
- Sukadeva Gosvami informed the King that Uddhava, being instructed by SPG, who is the source of all Vedic knowledge & the SM of the three worlds, reached the pilgrimage site of Badarikasrama & engaged himself there in trance to satisfy the Lord
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King, once upon a time, the King of heaven, Indra, being extremely proud because of his great opulence of the three worlds, transgressed the law of Vedic etiquette
- Svarupa Damodara said, "There is no egoistic pride like this within the three worlds. At least I have never seen it or heard of it"
- Svayambhuva Manu handed over his daughter Prasuti to the son of Brahma named Daksa, who was also one of the progenitors of the living entities. The descendants of Daksa are spread throughout the three worlds
- Svayambhuva Manu's two sons, Priyavrata and Uttanapada, became very powerful kings, and their sons and grandsons spread all over the three worlds during that period
- Taking advantage of this opportunity, the demons, remembering their former enmity, began to vanquish the three worlds - the upper, middle and lower planetary systems
- That water (of the Ganges) sanctifies the three worlds inside and outside and even sanctifies Lord Siva and other demigods. Consequently everyone who is destined to die must take shelter of this river
- The activities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are just like an ocean of nectar. Even a drop of this ocean can inundate all the three worlds
- The attractive features of His (Krsna's) transcendental body are desired in all the three worlds, namely the upper, middle and lower planetary systems. Nowhere in the universe are there such beautiful bodily features as those of Lord Krsna
- The beauty of Krsna's smile is the sweetest feature of all. His smile is like a full moon that spreads its rays throughout the three worlds - Goloka Vrndavana, the spiritual sky of the Vaikunthas, and Devi-dhama, the material world
- The brahmanas, by their preaching, sanctify the three worlds with the dust of their lotus feet, and thus they are worshipable even for Krsna
- The chariot on which both the friends (Krsna and Arjuna) were seated was donated by Agni (the fire-god) to him, and this indicated that this chariot was capable of conquering all sides, wherever it was drawn over the three worlds. BG 1972 purports
- The consciousness of each woman within the three worlds is certainly like a high hill, but the sweetness of Krsna's beauty is like an ocean. Even a drop of water from that ocean can flood the entire world and submerge all the high hills of consciousness
- The cosmic manifestation is grossly divided into three worlds, the upper, lower and middle planetary systems, and then it broadens into the cosmos of fourteen planetary systems, with the manifestation of the SPG as the supreme root
- The dancing of Lord Nityananda Prabhu, like the dancing of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, cannot be compared to anything within these three worlds
- The daughter of formidable Time (Kalakanya) was seeking her husband throughout the three worlds. Although no one agreed to accept her, she came
- The demigods addressed the Lord: Fortunately for us, this demon (Hiranyaksa), who was a torment to the worlds, has been slain by You, and we too, O Lord, are now at ease, in devotion to Your lotus feet
- The demigods observed Lord Siva sitting on the summit of Kailasa Hill with his wife, Bhavani, for the auspicious development of the three worlds. He was being worshiped by great saintly persons desiring liberation
- The demigods said: The three worlds are created by the five elements - namely ether, air, fire, water and earth - which are controlled by various demigods, beginning from Lord Brahma
- The demigods, afflicted on one side by the fighting demons and on the other by the curse of Durvasa Muni, lost all the material opulences in the three worlds
- The demigods, the directors of the three worlds, wanted to give me whatever benediction I desired
- The demon Mura in his onslaught was like a big snake attacking Garuda. His angry mood was very severe, and he appeared ready to devour the three worlds
- The dissolution of the three worlds is effected by the incarnation of darkness, Rudra, represented by the fire of eternal time which blazes over the three worlds
- The entire world is interested in the materialistic way of life. Indeed, practically 99.9 percent of the people in the three worlds are uninterested in liberation or spiritual education
- The Ganges water, which emanates from His feet, sanctifies the three worlds. All qualified brahmanas worship Him, and therefore He is called brahmanya-deva
- The Ganges, emanating from the toe of Lord Visnu, purifies the three worlds, the upper, middle and lower planetary systems - SB 10.1.16
- The glare of the sun and moon disappear from the sphere of the three worlds, but the sun and the moon themselves do not vanish. They appear in the remaining portion of the universe, which is beyond the sphere of the three worlds
- The goddess of fortune, by her favorable and merciful glance, can increase the opulence of the three worlds, along with their inhabitants and their directors, the demigods
- The gopis are so fortunate that during the rasa-lila Krsna personally embraced them with His arms and kissed them face to face. Certainly it is not possible for any women in the three worlds to achieve this except the gopis
- The gopis said, "If You (Krsna) accuse us, however, of encouraging prostitution, then we can only ask, Where is that woman within these three worlds who is not captivated by Your beauty and the rhythmic songs vibrated by Your transcendental flute?"
- The gopis said, "There is no woman within these three worlds who cannot but deviate from her path of chastity once she is attracted to You (Krsna), because Your beauty is so sublime"
- The gopis said, "Within these three worlds there is no distinction between men and women in relation to You because both men and women belong to the marginal potency, or prakrti"
- The great saint Narada said: Once upon a time when the four sons of Lord Brahma named Sanaka, Sanandana, Sanatana and Sanat-kumara were wandering throughout the three worlds, they came by chance to Visnuloka
- The hair on the demon's body and his beard and moustache were the color of melted copper, and his eyes were piercing like the midday sun. He appeared unconquerable, as if holding the three worlds on the points of his blazing trident
- The King inquired: At the end of the pastimes of the Lord of the three worlds, Sri Krsna, and after the disappearance of the members of the Vrsni and Bhoja dynasties, who were the best of the great commanders, why did Uddhava alone remain?
- The King said: O great sages, you have all very kindly assembled here, having come from all parts of the universe. You are all as good as supreme knowledge personified, who resides in the planet above the three worlds (Satyaloka)
- The Lord wore a golden belt on His waist, bracelets on His arms, rings on His fingers, and ankle bells on His feet. Lord Hari, who is attractive to all the living entities of the three worlds, is known as Purusottama, the best personality
- The messenger said, "They (people like us) are against the path of Krsna conscious life, and they are wandering within the three worlds, impelled by the illusory energy of material existence"
- The nectar of Krsna's lips, combined with the vibration of His flute, attracts all the people of the three worlds. But if we gopis remain patient out of respect for religious principles, the flute then criticizes us
- The Personality of Godhead said: O my dear King, even the entirety of whatever there may be within the three worlds to satisfy one's senses cannot satisfy a person whose senses are uncontrolled
- The personified Vedas continued to pray, "Because You are the ultimate controller of creation, maintenance and dissolution. You are the controller of the three worlds, Bhuh, Bhuvah and Svah; You are the controller of the fourteen upper and lower worlds"
- The place where Devahuti achieved her perfection, my dear Vidura, is understood to be a most sacred spot. It is known all over the three worlds as Siddhapada
- The prajapatis said: O Mahadeva, Supersoul of all living entities and cause of their happiness and prosperity, we have come to the shelter of your lotus feet. Now please save us from this fiery poison, which is spreading all over the three worlds
- The priest continued, "Would the sannyasi whose name is Madhavendra Puri please come and take this pot of sweet rice and enjoy the prasadam with great happiness! You are the most fortunate person within these three worlds"
- The S P of Godhead, Krsna, is the master of the three worlds and the three principal demigods (Brahma, Visnu and Siva). No one is equal to or greater than Him. By His spiritual potency, known as svarajya-laksmi, all His desires are fulfilled
- The six Gosvamis are honored all over the three worlds, and they are worth taking shelter of because they are absorbed in the mood of the gopis and are engaged in the transcendental loving service of Radha and Krsna
- The son of Aryaka known as Dharmasetu, a partial incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, will appear from the womb of Vaidhrta, the wife of Aryaka, and will rule the three worlds
- The sun travels sometimes slowly, sometimes swiftly and sometimes at a moderate speed. In this way it travels within the three worlds, consisting of the heavenly planets, the earthly planets and outer space
- The sun travels within the three worlds, consisting of the heavenly planets, the earthly planets and outer space. These orbits are referred to by great learned scholars by the names Samvatsara, Parivatsara, Idavatsara, Anuvatsara and Vatsara
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the best friend and well-wisher of the three worlds. Thus when the demigods had almost finished drinking the nectar, the Lord, in the presence of all the demons, disclosed His original form
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the father of the three worlds, and His bosom is the residence of mother Laksmi, the goddess of fortune, the proprietor of all opulences
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Lord Brahma, because of material opulence a foolish person becomes dull-witted and mad. Thus he has no respect for anyone within the three worlds and defies even My authority
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: O King, who can subdue your enemies, on the seventh day from today the three worlds - Bhuh, Bhuvah and Svah - will all merge into the water of inundation
- The three words om tat sat are uttered in conjunction with the holy name of the Supreme Lord, e.g., om tad visnoh. Whenever a Vedic hymn or the holy name of the Supreme Lord is uttered, om is added. This is the indication of Vedic literature. BG 1972 pur
- The three worlds are known as Bhuh, Bhuvah and Svah (Patala, Martya and Svarga)
- The three worlds are the upper, lower and intermediate planets of the universe
- The three worlds have become void because of separation from Govinda. I feel as if I were burning alive in a slow fire
- The verbal root "dubhrn" (which is the root of the word "visvambhara") indicates nourishing and maintaining. He (Lord Caitanya) nourishes and maintains the three worlds by distributing love of God
- The water of the Ganges is a combination of three transcendental waters, and thus the Ganges is able to purify the three worlds. This is the description given by Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura
- The water of the Ganges sanctifies all the three worlds, including the gods and the demigods, because it emanates from the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead Visnu
- The word sarva-loka means "all three worlds," and the word mahesvara means "the supreme proprietor." Krsna is the proprietor of both the material and the spiritual world
- The word try-adhisvara means “proprietor of the three worlds.” There are three worlds, and Krsna is the supreme proprietor of them all
- Then for another 36,000 years there are torrents of rain, accompanied by violent winds and waves, and the seas and oceans overflow. These reactions of 72,000 years are the beginning of the partial devastation of the three worlds
- There is no comparison to the Krsna-karnamrta within the three worlds. By studying this book, one is elevated to the knowledge of pure devotional service to Krsna
- There is no one as merciful as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu within all three worlds. Simply by seeing Him from a distance, one is overwhelmed with love of Godhead
- These are: (1) Krsna is like an ocean filled with waves of pastimes that evoke wonder within everyone in the three worlds. (2) In His activities of conjugal love, He is always surrounded by His dear devotees who possess unequaled love for Him
- These pastimes are just like the Ganges water, which flows from the toe of Lord Visnu: they purify the three worlds, the upper, middle and lower planetary systems
- These three words (om tat sat) are taken from Vedic hymns. Om ity etad brahmano nedistam nama indicates the first goal. Then tattvamasi indicates the second goal. And sad eva saumya indicates the third goal. Combined they become om tat sat. BG 1972 pur
- These three worlds are known as Bhuh, Bhuvah and Svah (Patala, Martya and Svarga)
- They (the six Gosvamis) are honored all over the three worlds, and they are worth taking shelter of because they are absorbed in the mood of the gopis and are engaged in the transcendental loving service of Radha and Krsna
- Thinking of all these and seeing that their Krsna was now within the clutches of Kaliya, they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) at once felt that the three worlds had become vacant
- This baby has all the symptoms of Lord Narayana on His palms and soles. He will be able to deliver all the three worlds
- This Bali Maharaja, without duplicity, has now offered everything in the three worlds. How then can he deserve to suffer from arrest?
- This King is the master of the three worlds, and he is directly empowered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is without change, and he is an incarnation of the Supreme known as a saktyavesa-avatara
- This mystical mantric armor given by Visvarupa to Indra, the King of heaven, acted powerfully, with the effect that Indra was able to conquer the asuras and enjoy the opulence of the three worlds without impediments
- Three words have been used in this connection to describe the achievement of Devahuti: atmanam, brahma-nirvanam and bhagavantam
- Thus by direct meetings, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu delivered the three worlds. Some people, however, were entangled in material activities and could not go
- Thus engaged in the service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Brahma entered into the whorl of the lotus, and as it spread all over the universe he divided it into three divisions of worlds and later into fourteen divisions
- Thus he understood that in the future this child would deliver all the three worlds
- Thus that water became so pure that it was transformed into the water of the Ganges, which went flowing down from the sky, purifying the three worlds like the pure fame of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Thus the Personality of Godhead astonishes all living entities, both moving and nonmoving, within the three worlds. He is so beautiful that He is called Krsna
- Thus there is no one within these three worlds - save for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu - who is always so willing to increase the glories of the devotees and give them satisfaction
- To inundate the three worlds with nectar is the purpose of the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- To inundate the three worlds with nectar is the purpose of the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. How this could be possible was exhibited by Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and later by Thakura Narottama dasa and Syamananda Gosvami
- Uddhava continued, "You (gopis) are all wonderful devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead; therefore you are eligible to be worshiped by all kinds of people. You are worshipable throughout the three worlds"
- Uddhava prayed to be constantly honored by the dust from the lotus feet of the gopis, whose chanting of Lord Krsna's transcendental pastimes has become celebrated all over the three worlds
- Upon seeing that the demigods were bereft of all influence and strength and that the three worlds were consequently devoid of auspiciousness
- Urukrama is a name for Lord Vamanadeva, who performed the wonderful act of occupying the three worlds with three footsteps
- We offer our respectful obeisances unto that merciful S P of God who has converted all three worlds, which were maddened by ignorance, & saved them from their diseased condition by making them mad with the nectar from the treasure-house of love of God
- What a wonderful description he has given of the pastimes of Lord Caitanya! Anyone in the three worlds who hears it is purified
- When a beautiful man and a beautiful woman unite together and embrace one another, how within these three worlds can they check their sexual relationship? Therefore Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 7.9.45) says, yan maithunadi-grhamedhi-sukham hi tuccham
- When all the three worlds merge into the water, a large boat sent by Me will appear before you
- When Bali Maharaja performed these sacrifices, he gained a great reputation in all directions, throughout the three worlds. Thus he shone in his position, like the brilliant moon in the sky
- When Dhruva Maharaja thus captured the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the refuge of the total material creation and who is the master of all living entities, the three worlds began to tremble
- When forbidden to touch Ajamila, the order carriers of Yamaraja were surprised because they had never been hindered in the execution of their duty by anyone within the three worlds
- When Lord Vamanadeva was offered three steps of land, He expanded His three steps by covering the entire universe. In this way the three worlds trembled, & therefore Sri Vamanadeva is referred to as Urukrama
- When Maharaja Bali actually gave the land, Vamanadeva exhibited His all-powerful position by covering the three worlds with three steps
- When the demigods had disappeared, Bali Maharaja, the son of Virocana, entered the heavenly kingdom, and from there he brought the three worlds under his control
- When the demons had begun to destroy the higher planetary systems, the rulers of those planets went to Lord Siva, fully surrendered unto him and said: Dear Lord, we demigods living in the three worlds are about to be vanquished
- When the night of Brahma ensues, all the three worlds are out of sight, and the sun and the moon are without glare, just as in the due course of an ordinary night
- When the sankirtana resounded, it filled the three worlds. Indeed, no one could hear any sounds or musical instruments other than the sankirtana
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead could see no other means of taking everything away from Bali Maharaja, He adopted the trick of begging from him and took away all the three worlds
- When the three worlds were submerged in water, Visnu was alone, lying on His bedstead, although He appeared to be in slumber in His own internal potency, free from the action of the external energy, His eyes were not completely closed
- While Atri Muni was engaged in these severe austerities, a blazing fire came out of his head by virtue of his breathing exercise, and that fire was seen by the three principal deities of the three worlds
- While Krsna stayed on this planet as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, His opulences of wealth and beauty had no comparison within the three worlds
- While trying to satisfy Naradaji, Krsna said, "My dear great sage among the demigods, I think that now everything is well within the three worlds"
- With His toe He made a hole through which the water of the Causal Ocean filters into the material sky, and the current is known as the Ganges, which purifies the planets of the three worlds. i.e., no one is equal to the transcendentally powerful Visnu
- With two steps, Lord Vamana covered all three planetary systems
- Within these three worlds, who is so undisturbed that he can remain steady as You manipulate Your different energies
- You are both the supreme rulers and benedictors of the three worlds. Therefore, my Lord, Uttamasloka, may my ambitions be fulfilled by Your grace
- You are envious of Lord Siva, who is the friend of all living entities within the three worlds
- You are the father of this complete cosmic manifestation, the worshipable chief, the spiritual master. No one is equal to You, nor can anyone be one with You. Within the three worlds, You are immeasurable. BG 11.43 - 1972
- You are the maintainer of the three worlds, you are full of transcendental effulgence, you are as quick as the mind, and you are able to work wonders. I can simply utter the word namah, offering all obeisances unto you
- You have promised to give Him three steps of land in charity, but when you give it He will occupy the three worlds. You are a rascal! You do not know what a great mistake you have made
- You will have a nice son, who will be in no way inferior to Lord Brahma. Consequently, he will be very famous all over the universe, and the sons and grandsons generated by him will fill the three worlds
- Your beauty is the most sublime within the three worlds. Upon seeing Your beauty, even cows, birds, animals and trees in the forest become stunned in jubilation