The Nectar of Devotion Chapter 50 - Further Analysis of Mixed Rasas
Pages in category "The Nectar of Devotion Chapter 50 - Further Analysis of Mixed Rasas"
The following 62 pages are in this category, out of 62 total.
- A brahmanandi (impersonalist) said, "When shall I be able to see that supreme absolute Personality of Godhead who is eternal bliss and knowledge, and whose chest has become smeared with red kunkum powder by touching the breast of Rukmini"
- A devotee female said, "I have been so attracted by Your beauty that I wish that You accept me as Your conjugal lover"
- A great devotee prayed, "I am a little surprised, however, that although Krsna is the husband of the goddess of fortune, His body is often marked with the nail pricks of ordinary society girls"
- A lusty woman in Kailasa once told Krsna, "My dear Krsna, may You have a long life!" Then, after saying this, she embraced Krsna. This is an example of incompatibility resulting from a mixture of parental love and conjugal love
- A woman who has no taste for the transcendental pleasure available from Your (Krsna's) personal contact must be inclined to accept as her husband somebody who is externally a combination of mustache, beard, body hairs, fingernails and some head hair
- Actually, such a husband is only a dead body, but due to not being attracted to Your transcendental form, a woman will have to accept this combination of stools and urine for her husband
- Although in this statement there are contradictory mellows of ecstatic devotion, the result is not incompatible because conjugal love is so elevated that it is defeating all other varieties of mellows
- An exemplary instance of incompatibility is the following statement by an impersonalist who was lamenting aloud, "I have been attached simply to the impersonal Brahman feature, and I have passed my days uselessly in practicing trance"
- An impersonalist lamenting, "I have not given any proper attention to Sri Krsna, who is the source of the impersonal Brahman and who is the reservoir of all transcendental pleasures"
- And within him there are muscles, bones, blood, intestinal worms, stools, mucus, bile, and similar things
- Another devotee said, "I have never met Krsna, so I request you to please arrange for my meeting Him immediately"
- Another devotee said, "My dear friend, my youthful beauty is as temporary as lightning in the sky, and therefore, my possessing attractive bodily features is unimportant"
- As already described, if certain kinds of mellows become mixed and there is a joining of opposite mellows, then the situation is called incompatible
- He (a great devotee) sarcastically prayed, "I am very anxious to see Krsna, the S P of Godhead, who is many millions of times more affectionate than the pitrs (forefathers) in the Pitr-loka, and who is always worshiped by the great demigods and sages"
- He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) has frustrated Indra's attempt at vengeance by refusing him the sacrifice of Indra-yajna. He is the cause of all pleasure to all young girls. May He be ever compassionate upon you all
- Here is an example of incompatibility due to a mixture of neutrality and high conjugal love
- Here there is a mixture of conjugal love and neutrality. Although this is a contradiction of mellows, there is no incompatibility because even a brahmanandi will become attracted to Krsna
- In the above example also there is no perverted representation of mellows because on the whole the ecstasy of conjugal love has exceeded the neutral position of devotional service
- In the Lalita-madhava of Srila Rupa Gosvami it is stated, "After Krsna's arrival in Kamsa's arena, Kamsa's priest looked at Krsna with a detestful expression"
- In this example there is a mixture of conjugal love and neutral love, but the conjugal love has surpassed everything. Actually, Brahman realization is only a stunted existence
- In this instance there is a mixture of laughter and compassion, but there is no incompatibility because by both of these rasas the loving affection for Krsna is increased
- In this statement there are traces of neutrality and conjugal love, and the resulting humor is incompatible
- In this statement there are two kinds of mellows: chivalry and dread. Both of them, however, improve the position of parental love, and therefore there is no incompatibility
- In this statement there is a description of a combination of different mellows, but there is no incompatibility
- In this statement there is a mixture of neutrality and parental love, and the result is incompatible
- In this statement there is incompatibility caused by a mixture of ghastliness and conjugal love in devotional service
- In this statement there is the incompatibility of a neutral mellow mixed with conjugal love
- In this statement, although there is a mixture of chivalrous activities and astonishment in devotional service, there is no perverted reflection of mellows
- Nanda Maharaja told his wife, "My dear Yasoda, although your son, Krsna, is as delicate and soft as the mallika flower, He has gone to kill the Kesi demon, who is as strong as a mountain. Therefore I have become a little disturbed"
- Nanda tells Yasoda, "Never mind, all auspiciousness to my son! I shall raise this hand which is as strong as a pillar, and I shall kill the Kesi demon, just to give freedom from all anxieties to the inhabitants of Brajamandala"
- Once an ordinary female devotee addressed Krsna, "My dear boy, I know that my body is just a composition of flesh and blood and can never be enjoyable to You"
- One devotee said, "My dear Krsna, how can I address You as my son when You are addressed by the great Vedantists as the absolute truth and by the Vaisnavas who follow the principles of Narada-pancaratra as the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- One devotee said, "You are the same Supreme Person, so how shall my tongue be so extraordinarily bold as to address You as an ordinary son"
- One resident of Mathura requested her father to bolt the doors and then go with her to the school of Sandipani Muni to find Krsna
- One resident of Mathura requested her father, She complained that Krsna had completely stolen her mind. In this incident there is a mixture of conjugal love and parental love, but there is no incompatibility
- Paurnamasi tells Nandimukhi, "Just see how wonderful it is! Great sages meditate upon Krsna after being relieved from all material transactions, and with great difficulty they try to situate Krsna in their hearts"
- Paurnamasi tells Nandimukhi, "This young girl is trying to withdraw her mind from Krsna so that she can apply it in the material activities of sense gratification"
- Paurnamasi tells Nandimukhi, "What a regrettable thing it is that this girl is trying to drive away from her heart the same Krsna who is sought after by great sages through severe austerities and perseverance!"
- Some minor demigods said, "Krsna, whose joking words were once the source of so much laughter for the residents of Braja, has now been attacked by the serpent king, Kaliya, and He has become the object of everyone's overwhelming lamentation"
- Sometimes it is found in places like Vrndavana that a person with a slight devotional attitude of neutral love for Krsna may immediately and artificially try to attain to the platform of conjugal love
- Srila Rupa Gosvami warns devotees to not commit such incompatibilities in their writings or in their dealings
- Srimati Radharani has become peace personified for Me. Because of Her I now go without sleep. I stare constantly without blinking my eyes, and I am always in a meditative mood. Because of Her I have even made My home in the cave of a mountain
- Srimati Radharani was once told that although She had stopped all activities, She was still the supreme source of inspiration for all kinds of devotional service
- The entire arena was filled with dread on the part of Kamsa and his priest and restless expressions of pleasure on the cheeks of Krsna's friends. Frustration was felt by His envious rivals
- The following is a conversation consisting of questions put before Rambha, a celebrated beautiful woman, and her corresponding answers
- The great sages meditated. Hot tears were in the eyes of Devaki and other motherly ladies, and hairs stood on the bodies of the expert warriors. There was astonishment in the hearts of demigods such as Indra
- The presence of such contradictory feelings is called rasabhasa
- The purpose of the above analysis is to show that in the mixture of various mellows, or reciprocations of ecstatic love between Krsna and the devotees, if the result is not pure, there will be incompatibility
- There are many other instances of contradictory mellows where there is no perverted experience of rasabhasa
- There is the following statement by a gopi, "My dear Krsna, the first thing You should do is just embrace me with Your strong arms. Then, my dear friend, I shall first smell Your head, and then I shall enjoy with You"
- This is an example of conjugal love mixed with ghastliness, but there is no incompatibility
- This is an example of conjugal love mixed with neutral love, but there is no incompatibility
- This is an example of incompatibility in which conjugal love is the whole and servitorship is the part
- This statement, which lists the ingredients of a material body, is not a perverted mellow in transcendental realization because it shows correct discrimination between matter and spirit