talk | talkative | talkativeness | talked | talker | talkers
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Accent (11 P)
- ► Caitanya's Talking (2 C, 62 P)
- ► Do Not Talk about God (2 P)
- ► God's Talking (8 P)
- ► Krsna's Talking (3 C, 48 P)
- ► My Talking (Prabhupada) (46 P)
- ► Our Talking (Disciples of SP) (67 P)
- ► Radharani's Talking (2 C, 14 P)
- ► Speaking about Krsna Consciousness (26 P)
Pages in category "Talk"
The following 233 pages are in this category, out of 233 total.
- A brahmacari or sannyasi is prohibited to associate with women, especially in a secret place. The sastras enjoin that one should not even talk to a woman in a secret place, even if she happens to be one's own daughter, sister or mother
- A person who can speak sweetly even with his enemy just to pacify him is called a pleasing talker. Krsna was such a pleasing talker that after defeating His enemy, Kaliya, in the water of Yamuna, He said
- A preacher of the Krsna consciousness movement generally should not waste his time talking with Mayavadi sannyasis, but when there are arguments on the basis of sastra, a Vaisnava must come forward to talk and defeat them in philosophy
- A sadhu is he who talks in terms of scripture. Similarly, guru is he who talks in terms of scripture. Guru cannot manufacture words which is not in the scriptures. And that is not scripture which does not tally with the words of guru and sadhu
- A sannyasi is forbidden not to talk even in private place with woman. But a householder, he, if he associates woman under marriage tie, then it is religious. And without this, this is irreligious. And that religious sex life is God
- A symptom of spiritual talks is that no one feels tired. Thus upon hearing the questions of Vidura, the great sage Maitreya did not feel disgusted but rather felt encouraged to speak at greater length
- About sex one can talk with friends, not with father and mother
- Adhyatmika means pertaining to the body and mind. "I have got headache today. I have got some pain here in the back. My mind is not very much settled up today. I cannot talk with you."
- Advaita Acarya continued, "By My great fortune You have just come to My home. Please do not juggle words. Just begin eating and do not talk"
- Advaita was prepared to talk with any learned brahmana on this point and prove definitely that by offering food to a pure devotee like Haridasa Thakura, He was equally as blessed as He would have been by offering food to thousands of learned brahmanas
- After finishing his talks with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Sri Ranga Puri started for Dvaraka-dhama
- After hearing Jarasandha speak in that way, Krsna answered, 'My dear King Jarasandha, heroes do not talk much. Rather, they show their prowess. Because you are talking a great deal, it appears that you are assured of your death in this battle"
- After hearing the vibration of the flute of Krsna, the gopis in Vrndavana remembered Him and began to talk amongst themselves about how nicely Krsna was playing His flute
- After searching for Krsna here and there, the gopis became fatigued, and then they began to talk like madwomen. They could satisfy themselves only by imitating the different pastimes of Krsna
- After talking about the terrible animal this way and that way, they (the boys) decided to enter the demon's (Aghasura's) mouth. They had full faith in Krsna because they had experienced how Krsna had saved them from the mouth of Bakasura
- After talking in this way, Sanatana Gosvami and Jagadananda Pandita returned to their respective duties. The next day, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to see Haridasa and Sanatana Gosvami
- After these talks, the two brahmanas started for home. As usual, the young brahmana accompanied the elderly brahmana as if the older brahmana were a guru (spiritual master) and rendered him service in various ways
- Again, he becomes very busy under the shelter of that home and is captivated by the talks, glances and activities of his wife and children. In this way he loses his Krsna consciousness and throws himself in the dense darkness of material existence
- All the great sages assembled together and, after observing cruel Vena's atrocities, concluded that a great danger and catastrophe was approaching the people of the world. Thus out of compassion they began to talk amongst themselves
- All the residents of Mathura began to talk among themselves about the elevated and pious activities of the people of Vrndavana
- All the sages began to talk amongst themselves: Since the King is dead and there is no protector in the world, misfortune may befall the people in general on account of rogues and thieves
- Although some of the gopis are talkative, some mild and some equipoised, all of them are transcendental and faultless. They please Krsna by their unique characteristics
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu knew that Damodara Pandita was a pure and simple devotee, upon hearing this impudent talk the Lord said, "My dear Damodara, what nonsense are you speaking?"
- Although when he (the brahmacari) goes out to beg alms it is necessary to talk with women and with men very much attached to women, this association should be very short, and he should talk with them only about begging alms, and not more
- Among people in general, 99.9 percent try to talk like experienced advisers, but they are actually devoid of spiritual knowledge and are therefore like inexperienced children speaking nonsensically. Consequently their words cannot be given any importance
- An ordinary grhastha, or... Grhastha only, If he talks with woman nobody will blame. He is grhastha. But if a sannyasi talks with woman very intimately, oh, immediately people will take note of it
- Arjuna said: What are the symptoms of one whose consciousness is thus merged in Transcendence? How does he speak, and what is his language? How does he sit, and how does he walk? BG 2.54 - 1972
- As everyone is still eager to learn the subject of Bhagavad-gita in order to become perfectly enlightened, Vidura was similarly eager to learn from the great sage Maitreya about the talks between Lord Siva and the Pracetas
- As we are not this body, past life means there was another body; we have forgotten it. Just like at night we dream, "I have gone to some foreign place and talking with some foreigners and so on, so on"
- At the meeting of Naimisaranya, where Suta Gosvami spoke Srimad-Bhagavatam to all the great sages, Suta Gosvami was also asked about the talks between Maharaja Pariksit and Sukadeva Gosvami
- At the outset, the Personality of Godhead talked with Arjuna just as a friend talks with a friend. But such friendly discussions generally end in friendly - and fruitless - debate
- Because the remark (Duryodhana's calling him a son of a sudrani) was an actual fact, it was unpalatable talk to Vidura, and it was accepted as a direct insult
- Because the remark (Vidura's mother being a sudrani) was an actual fact, it was unpalatable talk to Vidura, and it was accepted as a direct insult. He therefore decided to quit his paternal house and prepare for the renounced order of life
- Before me, many swamis went to the Western countries. They also talked about Bhagavad-gita and other Vedic literature. But not a single person could be converted to Krsna consciousness, not a single person throughout the whole history
- Being compassionate and favoring Krsna and Balarama, the many ladies in the audience began to talk as follows, "Dear friends, there is injustice here." Another said, "Even in front of the King this wrestling is going on between incompatible sides"
- Big big so-called professors, learned scholars, they talk foolishly: "Swamiji, after this body is finished, everything is finished." That is their conclusion. And the body comes by accident
- Brahma-vadinam means those who talk about the Absolute Truth but have not yet come to a conclusion. Generally brahma-vadi refers to the impersonalists or to those who are students of the Vedas
- Brahmacarya means, strictly. Brahmacarya means that one should not look upon woman, 'Oh, here is a very beautiful girl'. That is also sex, subtle sex. And to talk, 'Fsh, fsh, fsh, fsh', that is also subtle sex. So these things are to be avoided
- By the inconceivable potency of Krsna, the others could not see one another. Although all the Brahmas and Sivas were assembled together, due to Krsna’s energy they could not meet or talk among themselves individually
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu advised Raghunatha dasa Gosvami not to eat very palatable dishes, wear very nice garments or talk on mundane subjects
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Sri Madhavendra Puri used to remain alone. He was completely renounced and always very silent. He was uninterested in everything material, & for fear of talking about mundane things, he always lived without a companion"
- Caitanya says, "Since there were restrictions against taking the sandalwood out of the Orissa province, the toll official confiscated the stock, Madhavendra Puri showed him the release papers given by the government & consequently escaped difficulties"
- Candrasekhara continued, "There is no talk at Varanasi other than discussions on the six philosophical theses. Nonetheless, Tapana Misra has been very kind to me, for he speaks about topics relating to Lord Krsna"
- Consequently he manifested himself before the public eye as a madman - dull, blind and deaf - so that others would not try to talk to him. In this way he saved himself from bad association
- Devotees are never satiated in hearing and speaking about the Supreme Personality of Godhead or about His devotees. The more they hear and talk, the more they become enthusiastic to hear
- Do not talk like people in general or hear what they say. You should not eat very palatable food, nor should you dress very nicely
- Don't think that by becoming Krsna conscious one becomes a vagabond. No. One gentleman talked with me that "Your Vaisnava philosophy has made our country coward." No. You do not know what is Vaisnava
- During this period, one should not unnecessarily talk of material subjects or topics of sense gratification, one should be completely free from envy of all living entities, and one should be a pure and simple devotee of Lord Vasudeva
- East of the house of Raghunatha dasa was the house of Yadunandana Acarya. Yadunandana Acarya and Raghunatha dasa talked together as they went toward that house
- Ecstatic symptoms are manifested in their bodies. They shed tears, talk falteringly, glorify the Lord in a loud voice and chant and dance in ecstasy
- Even people who never see what a jagad-guru is and never talk with other people become puffed-up sannyasis and declare themselves jagad-gurus. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not like this
- Even the common man in the village would talk about Ramayana and Mahabharata, Gita and Bhagavatam, even from his very childhood
- Every living entity has a tendency to hear pleasing messages, and as such almost every one of us is inclined to hear news and talks broadcast by the radio stations. But the difficulty is that no one is satisfied at heart by hearing all those messages
- First of all you know things as they are. Then talk. Otherwise, it is said that it is better not to talk than to talk foolish. It is better to stop talking
- For her father neither talked with her nor welcomed her by asking about her welfare
- For the pure devotees like Vidura, the topics of both the mundaners and the mental speculators are useless in all respects. Thus Vidura requested Maitreya to talk of the essence only, the talks of Krsna, and nothing else
- Friendly talking cannot give any good result, simply waste of time. But when there is talking between disciple and the spiritual master, that has got meaning
- From the talk of the people in general, we have guessed that the Lord is now at the house of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya
- Full of jealousy and madness symptomizing neglect by Krsna, Srimati Radharani, criticizing a bumblebee, talked just like a madwoman. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, in the last days of His pastimes, exhibited all the symptoms of such ecstasy
- Gadadhara Pandita said, "Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is completely independent. He is the topmost omniscient personality. It would not look well for me to talk to Him as if I were His equal"
- God is everywhere. So we have to qualify ourself how to talk with God, how to see God. Otherwise God is present everywhere
- Have full faith in the revealed scriptures, the Vedic literatures, and always observe celibacy. Perform your prescribed duties and avoid unnecessary talks. Always thinking of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, acquire knowledge from the right source
- He (a sannyasi) is even forbidden to talk with a woman in a secluded place. BG 1972 purports
- He (Balarama) immediately took His club and, without further talk, struck Rukmi on the head
- He (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) humbly compares himself to materialistic persons who always engage in dry talk from which they derive no satisfaction
- He (Vidura) was practically insulted by Duryodhana's calling him a son of a sudrani, although it was not out of place to talk loosely in the case of one's grandmother
- He would not listen to blasphemy of a Vaisnava, nor would he listen to talk of a Vaisnava's misbehavior. He knew only that everyone was engaged in Krsna's service; he did not understand anything else
- Hearing this reply, the Lord said in ecstasy, "Go on talking! Go on talking!" Thus Srivasa described the transcendental mellows of the pastimes of Sri Vrndavana
- Hiranyakasipu, however, did not like his son to talk about devotional service; therefore he immediately called Prahlada’s teacher, Sanda
- His (Krsna) lotus feet are the refuge of pure devotees who never talk or sing of any subject except His Lordship
- How He instructed him? Just like exactly Arjuna was instructed by Krsna. Krsna is person and Arjuna is person. Person-to-person talk
- How one is spiritually advanced will be tested how he has acquired all the good qualities. Not that a yogi talking with a cigarette in hand
- I am glad to learn that you are daily coming to our New York temple to worship the Deity. Most probably I shall be coming to New York next April where we shall meet and talk more about spiritual progress of life
- I have been away on a tour of Europe and America and upon returning to Bombay I have just gotten your letter. Therefore I have not replied sooner. I shall be coming to Vrndavana within a short time and we can talk there
- I meet many people who talk of Buddha philosophy, but their practical life is different
- I never studied different philosophy or science but Krishna has given me the intelligence how to defeat their nonsensical proposals. Soon these commentaries on the Western philosophies will be transcribed and published in a book entitled Thus They Talked
- I think it is best that you come to Mayapur for the Gour Purnima Festival and we can talk in detail about the temple and preaching in Fiji and your part in it. If you can come to Mayapur that will be nice
- If I sometimes do something against his desire, out of anger he will not talk to Me for three days
- If one goes to the booth where free food is distributed and fills his belly with whatever he obtains, there is no chance of further unwanted talk, and one can very peacefully chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- If you criticize my dress, I criticize your dress, that's all. Then you go on criticizing dress, where is the talk between gentlemen? That is our disease, that we are concerned with the dress, this body, not the person who has the dress
- If you do not develop your godly qualities, then there is no question of liberation. It is not a fashion, that you do anything nonsense and simply take as Vedanta and talk while smoking, and you become liberated. It is not so easy.
- If you simply hear, without doing anything. Simply sit down in the temple and whenever there is talk of Bhagavad-gita, Bhaga..., you go on hearing. Bas. Even if you do not understand, please hear. That's all
- If you simply talk of Vedic knowledge, it becomes dry, speculative. But if you talk of Krsna and Krsna's lila, Krsna's pastimes, then it becomes simultaneously discussion of Vedic knowledge, at the same time, very beautiful
- If you talk to whatever small number of followers I have, you will find that they talk better than any great philosopher, better than any scientist or politician. That is the quality of my students. What's the point in talking nonsense?
- If you think that you are not fit for my surrender, that's all right. But first of all you find out somebody where you can surrender; then talk
- If you want to be a bluffer, cheater, then you can talk all nonsense. But if you actually talk only Krsna's words, then you become a guru. It's not very difficult
- Imaginative mad talks, known as citra-jalpa, can be divided into ten categories - prajalpa, parijalpa, vijalpa, ujjalpa, sanjalpa, avajalpa, abhijalpa, ajalpa, pratijalpa and sujalpa
- In his next life he (Bharata) took birth in the family of a good brahmana & was known as Jadabharata because he always remained secluded & did not talk to anyone. & later on, he was discovered as the greatest transcendentalist by King Rahugana. BG 1972 p
- In India private talks with woman are immediately condemned. He is a good preacher, but it is very dangerous to close the door with woman, and then he becomes angry if anybody comes. Lust is so strong that if it is obstructed it turns into anger
- In other words, a devotee who has heard the sound of Krsna’s flute forgets to talk or hear of any other subject. This vibration of Krsna’s flute is represented by the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- In our practical preaching work we meet many Christians who talk about statements of the Bible. When we question whether God is limited or unlimited, Christian priests say that God is unlimited
- In the garden were fully blossomed trees and creepers exactly like those in Vrndavana. Bumblebees and birds like the suka, sari and pika talked with one another
- In this case, she saved the situation by evoking Lord Siva's quality of goodness. She fell down at the feet of her husband, and with her sweet words she talked him out of killing Bhrgu Muni
- In western countries it is very open talk. And open business also… So one should give up this material sense gratification. The more you become entangled in material sense gratification, more you'll have to remain in this material world
- Indeed, the touch of Krsna's nails has injured our faces. He has caused us so much pain! Therefore, you should give up topics concerning Him and talk about something else. After hearing all these from Srimati Radhika, the bumblebee left and then returned
- Indra, the King of heaven, says, "O Supreme One, these demons talk of our share of participation in the performances of ritualistic sacrifices, but simply by Your appearance as Lord Nrsimhadeva You have saved us from terrible fears"
- Insofar as liberation is concerned, they (atheists) say that there is no need to talk of liberation because after death everything is finished
- It appears that although Gopala Capala was sinful, talkative and insulting, he nevertheless had the qualification of simplicity
- It is fruitless to see and talk of the material modes of nature and their resultant so-called happiness and distress as if they were factual
- It is mentioned here (in SB 3.22.35) visnoh kurvato bruvatah kathah. When he (Manu) talked, he talked only of Krsna and Visnu, the Personality of Godhead; when he heard something, it was about Krsna; when he meditated, it was upon Krsna and His activities
- It will be a great pleasure for me to see you personally and if possible we may talk about a program how you may be engaged in the service of Krishna Balarama. You are a very qualified person and can render many valuable services to the Lord
- Jagadananda Pandita says, "My dear brother, you are in the renounced order of life and should not listen to talk about ordinary worldly things, nor should you talk about worldly things when you meet with others"
- Jagadananda's coming pleased mother Saci very much. As he talked of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, she listened day and night
- Knowing that the Hera-pancami festival was drawing near, King Prataparudra attentively talked with Kasi Misra
- Krsna replied, "Foolish Salva, you are talking nonsensically. You do not know that the moment of death is already upon your head. Actual heroes do not talk much. They prove their prowess by practical exhibition of chivalrous activities"
- Mad emotional talks include ten divisions, called prajalpa and other names. An example of this is the ten verses spoken by Srimati Radharani called The Song to the Bumblebee
- Many people unnecessarily talk of the daily happenings in the newspapers and pass the time without any profit. A devotee, however, does not indulge in unnecessary talks of politics or economics
- Many subjects were thoroughly discussed in the talks between Lord Caitanya and Sanatana Gosvami. Due to the mercy of Lord Caitanya, Sanatana was able to put important questions before Him, and these questions were replied to properly
- Mohini-murti, the Personality of Godhead, gave the demigods seats at a distance. Then She approached the demons and spoke with them very graciously, so that they thought themselves very fortunate to talk with Her
- Mostly the market literatures which attract men of the crow's categories are literatures containing refused remnants of sensuous topics. They are generally known as mundane talks in relation with the gross body and subtle mind
- Mr. George Harrison appears to be very intelligent boy, and he is by the Grace of Krishna fortunate also. On the first day, he came to see me along with John Lennon, and we had talks about 2 hours. He wanted to talk with me more
- My dear King, talks of the relationship between the master and the servant, the king and the subject and so forth are simply talks about material activities
- Naturally Rukmini had a chance to talk with them, & in this way she obtained information about Krsna. She was informed about the six opulences of Krsna, & simply by hearing about Him she desired to surrender herself to His lotus feet & become His wife
- No one welcomed her but her mother and sisters, who, with tears in their eyes and with glad faces, welcomed her and talked with her very pleasingly
- Nonsensical talks are not supported by the principles of Vedic literatures, and first-grade nonsense talk is "It is I, it is mine
- O hero (Vidura), Diti, being thus afflicted by the contamination of lust, and therefore poor and talkative, was pacified by the son of Marici in suitable words
- On the madana platform there are kissing and many other symptoms, which are unlimited. In the mohana stage, there are two divisions - udghurna (unsteadiness) and citra-jalpa (varieties of mad emotional talks)
- One cannot become jagad-guru simply by advertising oneself as jagad-guru without knowing the essential principles for becoming jagad-guru. Even people who never see what a jagad-guru is and never talk with other people become puffed-up sannyasis
- One should at once quote from scriptural authority to back up what he is saying. At the same time, such talk should be very pleasurable to the ear. By such discussions, one may derive the highest benefit and elevate human society. BG 1972 purports
- One should not cover himself with a blanket. (17) One should not talk enviously of others before the Deity. (18) One should not praise others before the Deity. (19) One should not use slang before the Deity
- One should not eat more than necessary, he should not collect more paraphernalia than necessary, he should not talk unnecessarily with common men, and he should not follow the rules and regulations without purpose
- One should not talk very loudly before the Deity. 14) One should not talk with others before the Deity. 15) One should not cry or howl before the Deity
- One should not think of women, speak about sex life, dally with women, look lustfully at women, talk intimately with women or decide to engage in sexual intercourse, nor should one endeavor for sex life or engage in sex life
- One sort of friendship is with awe and veneration. Just like if you have a very rich friend, you cannot talk with him so frankly although he is so..., he is your intimate friend. But a friend in the same status, you can talk with him very freely
- One who is not satisfied with the mind must fall to degradation. One must conquer lusty desires, anger, greed, fear, lamentation, illusion, fright, unnecessary talks on material subjects, violence, the four miseries of material existence
- People are accustomed to talk so many things unnecessarily just in clubs, amongst friends' circle, which has no benefit either spiritually or materially. So that sort of talking should be avoided
- Pradyumna said, "Everyone will talk about me and say that I fled from the fighting place, and if they inquire from me about this, what will be my reply?"
- Prthu Maharaja's talks before the Kumaras were very laudable because of so many qualifications
- Pure devotees engage themselves fully in the transcendental loving service of the Lord. Their minds cannot be diverted from the lotus feet of Krsna. Their talks are solely on the transcendental subjects. BG 1972 purports
- Saunaka Rsi said: Let us know, please, what topics were discussed between Vidura and Maitreya, who talked on transcendental subjects, and what was inquired by Vidura and replied by Maitreya
- Simply by seeing you, touching your feet and talking with you, I have been pleased and have become obliged to you
- Sisupala continued, "Krsna is so foolish that He has left Mathura, which is inhabited by highly elevated persons following the Vedic culture, and has taken shelter in the ocean, where there is not even talk of the Vedas"
- Six principles we should avoid: eat or accumulate money more than necessary, waste energy for material gain, talk unnecessarily, follow regulative principles fanatically without sense or not follow them & become greedy & associate with persona non-grata
- Some days before we had a talk regarding the property of Kanthaltala (Maternal uncle's house). Please have a discussion for purchasing that land. We want to keep our remembrance with that land
- Some friends would say, "Vrsabha, don't talk unnecessarily! Immediately massage Krsna's body. His arms have become tired from fighting and wrestling with that demon. Oh, just see how our friend Krsna has become tired!"
- Some of them create wonderful situations by their activities, apparently against Krsna; some of them are very talkative, always arguing with Krsna and creating a debating atmosphere
- Some of these heroines are very talkative, some are mild, and some are equipoised. Each heroine, according to her own character, increases Sri Krsna's loving ecstasy
- Sometimes supporting one side, sometimes the other, they would talk very privately, with much whispering in the ears, although none of the business was very serious
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "If I give up hope of meeting Krsna, I shall then be happy. Therefore, let us stop this most inglorious discussion of Krsna. It would be better for us to talk of glorious topics and forget Him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My mind is not under My control. It does not like to see anyone in the renounced order who talks intimately with women"
- Srila Madhvacarya remarks in this connection that when one engages in joking and talking like a crazy person, one may say anything and everything, but his words will be meaningless
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Please do not talk anymore about Krsna. It is better to talk about something else. We are already doomed, like the black-spotted she-deer in the forest who are enchanted by the sweet musical vibration of the hunter"
- Such is the state of transcendental madness. Why is it difficult to understand? When one is highly elevated in love of Krsna, he becomes transcendentally mad and talks like a madman
- Talk of krsna-katha, or topics about Lord Krsna or His incarnations, is spiritually so inspiring that the reciter and hearer are never exhausted. That is the nature of spiritual talks
- Talkativeness can be avoided by gravity and silence, and by prowess one can avoid fearfulness. Perfect knowledge can be obtained by self-cultivation
- Talking like this, the devotees wandered here and there looking for the Lord. Finally they came to the shore, accompanied by many others
- Tapana Misra also heard news of the Lord's arrival in Varanasi, and he went to Candrasekhara's house to meet Him. After talking, he invited the Lord to take lunch at his place
- The ability to talk can be perfected only by describing the transcendental qualities of the Lord. The ability to work with one's hands can be successful only when one engages himself in the service of the Lord with those hands
- The boy came daily to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and offered Him respectful obeisances. He was free to talk with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu because the Lord was his life and soul
- The bumblebees' humming may be compared to the talk of children. The human being, just like the deer, enjoys his family without knowing that before him is the factor of time, which is represented by the tiger
- The citizens of Mathura then began to talk about Balarama. They spoke of His very beautiful lotus-petal eyes, and they remarked of Him, "This boy has killed the Pralamba demon and many others also"
- The demigods were situated on the top of Mandara Hill, and all their wives began to shower flowers on the funeral pyre and began to talk amongst themselves
- The evidence of the truth of these talks is found in Srimad-Bhagavatam. There, in the section of the Tenth Canto known as the Bhramara-gita, "The Song to the Bumblebee," Srimati Radharani speaks insanely in ecstatic love for Krsna
- The ghost is certainly very difficult to talk about, but I am going to find an exorcist and ask him if he can release me from it
- The heart of that saintly person softened upon seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He wanted to talk to Him and establish impersonal Brahman on the basis of his own scripture, the Koran
- The Lord (Caitanya) requested that Ramananda Raya keep all these conversations secret and not expose them to the general populace. If one is actually advanced in Krsna consciousness, he can understand these confidential talks; otherwise they appear crazy
- The Lord replied, "I cannot tolerate seeing the face of a person who has accepted the renounced order of life but who still talks intimately with a woman"
- The love of the woman at home and the talk of the children make one a secure prisoner, and thus he cannot leave his home
- The mahatmas are the pure devotees who are on the path to Vaikuntha, the kingdom of God, and who always chant and hear the glories of the Lord rather than talk of dry, profitless philosophy
- The Mayavadis would have all talk cease there, but at that point the real discussion only begins
- The Mayavadis would have all talk cease there, but at that point the real discussion only begins - CC Intro
- The Mayavadis, who hold the view that Absolute is impersonal and formless, contend that a realized soul has no need to talk. But the Vaisnavas, devotees of Krsna, contend that when one reaches the stage of realization, he really begins to talk - CC Intro
- The Mayavadis, who hold to the view that the Absolute is impersonal and formless, contend that a realized soul has no need to talk
- The most unfortunate persons are the impersonalists, who cannot understand the transcendental variegatedness of the spiritual world. They are afraid to talk about the beauty of the Vaikuntha planets because they think that variegatedness must be material
- The PG said: Indeed, We are creatures of the jungle, and We are searching after hunting dogs like you. One who is freed from the entanglement of death has no fear from the loose talk in which you are indulging, for you are bound up by the laws of death
- The pure devotee is never interested in material topics. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has strictly prohibited His devotees to talk about worldly matters. Gramya-varta na kahibe - CC Antya 6.236
- The Queen (Vaidarbhi) did not even talk to her husband (Malayadhvaja) while serving. She would simply perform her prescribed duties without talk. Thus she did not stop rendering service until she could ascertain that her husband had passed from the body
- The queens continued talking like that, and they addressed the mountain as follows: "Dear mountain, you are very generous. By your gravity only, the whole crust of this earth is properly maintained"
- The sages believed that the talks between Sukadeva Gosvami and Maharaja Pariksit must have been as important as the talks between Lord Krsna and Arjuna
- The same queen said, "You are asking me to go to Him (Krsna), but I am not going. What is that? You talk of His coming to me? Does He desire to come here to fulfill my long expectation for Him? All right. You may bring Him here"
- The so-called silence of a silent impersonalist svami indicates that he has nothing to say; he simply wants to beg. But the silence adopted by Kardama Muni was not like that. He became silent for relief from nonsensical talk
- The students of a great devotee once talked amongst themselves in this way, "My dear Godbrothers, our spiritual master, after seeing the lotus feet of the Lord, has thrown himself into the fire of lamentation"
- The talks of Bhagavad-gita are not for any particular person, society, or community, but they are for all, and friends or enemies are equally entitled to hear them. BG 1972 purports
- The ten bodily transformations resulting from separation from Krsna are anxiety, wakefulness, mental agitation, thinness, uncleanliness, talking like a madman, disease, madness, illusion and death
- There are the forces of talk, forces of anger, forces of mind, forces of the stomach, forces of the genitals, & forces of the tongue. One who is able to control the forces of all these different senses, & the mind, is called gosvami, or svami. BG 1972 p
- There is a statement in the Hari-vamsa wherein Satyabhama, one of the queens of Krsna in Dvaraka, tells her husband: "My dear Krsna, since I heard Narada glorifying Rukmini before You, I can understand that there is no need of any talking about myself"
- There the devotees heard the people talking about a mendicant who had come to Jagannatha Puri and seen the Deity of Jagannatha
- There was talk among the friends of Radharani, the gopis, about these most intimate friends
- There were still more elevated spiritual talks between the two great personalities, and we purposely withhold those topics for the present because one has to come to the spiritual plane before further talks with Ramananda Raya can be heard
- These are the general principles to be followed by all human beings: gradually taking leave of unnecessary engagements, observing the futility of the unnecessary activities of human society, remaining silent and grave and avoiding unnecessary talk
- They (the brahmanas) began to talk among themselves: "To hell with our being born brahmanas! To hell with our learning all the Vedic literatures! To hell with our performing great sacrifices and observing all the rules and regulations"
- They (the brahmanas) continued to talk among themselves: "The external energy of Krsna is so strong that it can create illusion to overcome even the greatest mystic yogi"
- They (the Mayavadi sannyasis) are already enemies, and if we talk with them harshly or impolitely their enmity will merely increase
- This is the first accusation Jada Bharata made against the King (Rahugana), who was daring to talk to a learned brahmana from the flimsy ground of ignorance, identifying everything with matter
- Those who are too much foolish, the spiritual master orders him, "Don't talk. Please remain silent." That's all. Because if you talk, you'll talk simply nonsense. Why should you spoil your energy by such nonsense talking? Better stop
- Those who give up the topics of Vaikuntha and take to talk of the material world are thrown into the darkest region of ignorance
- Thus they (the gopis) talked among themselves. They were very anxious to know about him (Uddhava), and because they were simple, unsophisticated village girls, they surrounded Uddhava
- Thus They both went on talking and praising one another, although Their praise appeared negative, for it appeared as if They exchanged ill names
- To talk with a person is not mixing. You see? Mixing means, intimate mixing, there are six symptoms. When you eat, when you call him to eat, when you give, when you take, when you talk your heart, when you hear his heart. These are called intimate mixing
- Vasudeva talked with Kamsa in such an illuminating way, Kamsa became very much pleased, and his guilt for killing his nephews subsided. With the permission of his sister Devaki and brother-in-law Vasudeva, he returned to his home with a relieved mind
- Vrnda told Krsna: "My dear Madhava, Your newly-invented smile has so captivated the hearts of the gopis that they are simply unable to express themselves! As such, they have become bewildered and will not talk with others"
- We are talking on the Srimad-Bhagavatam. The subject matter is how one shall transfer himself from this material world to the spiritual world and thereby stop birth, death, old age and disease. This is the whole subject matter
- We can go on arguing for days together, but there is no decision. That is friendly talk. But when there is talk between a master and disciple, there is no question of arguing. The disciple has to accept what is ordered by the master
- We cannot talk with any one who is not within the purview of human understanding. You are completely right when you refuse to debate and accept invitation for chanting Hare Krishna Mahamantra
- We have good accommodation and good prasadam for you. You can just bring your clothing and personal needs. It will be a great pleasure for me to talk to you on the various topics you are interested in
- We shall elevate them to go back to home, back to Godhead. Whatever he may be. Simply by denying that "I am not sudra," that will not help. But they must be elevated to the standard of brahmana. That we will talk later on
- We won't do anything. We talk much of this, that, this, that. Do anything, but do it perfectly. "Jack of all trade, master of none." That is not good. Be master of something
- When a devotee follows the regulative principles, the truth of these talks will be revealed to him. This is confirmed in the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu - 01.02.234, CC Madhya 17.136
- When Hiranyakasipu heard this philosophy (that since the Lord is present everywhere, He was also present within the columns) from his young son, he derided the boy's statement as just the talk of a child and forcefully struck the pillar with his fist
- When I see a smile on your beautiful face, and when I see your hair, which is as beautiful as the color blue, and see your raised nose and hear your sweet talk, you will become more beautiful to me and thus attract me and oblige me
- When Kakudmi arrived there, Lord Brahma was engaged in hearing musical performances by the Gandharvas and had not a moment to talk with him
- When Krsna speaks on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra, to the materialistic person it appears that this is simply talk between two friends, but actually it is a river of nectar flowing down from the mouth of Sri Krsna
- When my Guru Maharaja was present even big, big scholars were afraid to talk with His beginning students
- When one indulges in illicit sex life, as defined by the sastras, either by thinking, planning, talking about or actually having sexual intercourse, or by satisfying the genitals by artificial means, he is caught in the clutches of maya
- When she (Kunti) inquired from her son about the purport of the conversation, Yudhisthira replied that from the talks of Vidura it was understood that there was a hint of fire in the house where they were proceeding
- When she (Sukanya) explained that her husband, Cyavana Muni, had now been transformed into a young man, she was very proud of her chastity, and thus she smiled as she talked with her father - King Saryati
- When the gopis understood that Uddhava had a message from Krsna, they became very happy & called him to a secluded place & offered him a nice sitting place. They wanted to talk with him very freely & did not want to be embarrassed before unknown persons
- When the Mayavadis pretend to perform kirtana or hold discourses on the Bhagavatam for personal name and fame, they may sing and talk about Brahman, Caitanya, and Paramatma, but they cannot utter Lord Krsna's name
- When the Queen cried, he also cried, and when the Queen laughed, he also laughed. When the Queen talked loosely, he also talked loosely, and when the Queen walked, the King walked behind her
- When the Tattvavadi Vaisnavas first saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, they considered Him a Mayavadi sannyasi. Therefore they did not talk to Him
- When we question (to the Christians who talk about statements of the Bible) why the unlimited God should have only one son and not unlimited sons, they are unable to answer
- When we refer to the urge to speak, we refer to useless talking, such as that of the impersonal Mayavadi philosophers, or of persons engaged in fruitive activities
- While all the people talked amongst themselves, Daksa saw dangerous omens from all sides, from the earth and from the sky
- While Madhavendra Puri was talking with the brahmana priest, the sweet rice was placed before the Deity as an offering. Hearing this, Madhavendra Puri thought as follows
- While mother Saci and Jagannatha Misra were talking, child Nimai woke up and began to cry, and mother Saci took Him on her lap and allowed Him to suck her breast
- While performing chanting of the holy name of the Lord, he sometimes cries, sometimes talks wildly, sometimes sings, and sometimes - without caring for any outsider - dances like a madman
- While returning to their homes, they (the brahmanas, kings, sages and demigods) talked of the dealings of Yudhisthira & even after continuous talk of his greatness they were not satiated, just as one may drink nectar over & over again & never be satisfied
- While the other gopis were talking with Krsna's messenger Uddhava, Srimati Radharani took that bumblebee to be a messenger from Krsna
- While the priests of the Bhrgu dynasty and their disciples talked and argued in various ways, the SPG, Vamanadeva, holding in His hands the rod, the umbrella and a waterpot full of water, entered the arena of the asvamedha sacrifice
- While they (the citizens of Mathura) were thus talking about the activities of Krsna and Balarama, they heard the vibrations of different bands announcing the wrestling match
- Who could give up the association of such a dear and affectionate wife? Small children talk in broken language, very pleasing to hear, and their affectionate father always thinks of their sweet words. How could he give up their association?
- Woman, without husband, cannot talk with any man
- You are known as Gosani (teacher or acarya), but now talk about Your attributes and reputation will spread throughout the city of Purusottama. How Your position will be impaired
- You are rascal number one. I don't want to waste my time. When you make solution of these problems, then we shall talk. Now go on researching and befool your followers that in future you'll get
- You are supposed to be the commander of many foot soldiers, and now you may take prompt steps to overthrow Us. Give up all your foolish talk and wipe out the cares of your kith and kin by slaying Us
- You beggar, since you don't understand your position, why should you unnecessarily talk so much? Don't all of you wait at our house, depending on us for your livelihood like crows?
- You should all tend to your respective engagements. Give up this useless talk. If you speak this way again, I shall go away, and you will no longer see Me here
- You simply talk of him? You practice Buddha if you appreciate him. You give up everything like Buddha and meditate. But that you will not do. Then what is the talking of, useless talking about this? Do something
- Your (Brahmananda's) father also said like that (You leave Krsna consciousness and I will give you a car and women). Here father will feel shame to advise the son, or the son will feel shame to talk about sex with father or mother