swift | swifter | swiftly | swiftness
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Swift"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- A drowning man with a heavy weight on his head is sure to go down more swiftly than those who have no heavy weight
- A living entity who unknowingly falls in this river is submerged in its waves, and since the current is swifter near the banks of the river, he is unable to get out. What will be the benefit of performing fruitive activities in that river of maya?
- As the blazing flames of a forest fire pursue a snake, the disc of the S P of Godhead began following Durvasa Muni. Durvasa Muni saw that the disc was almost touching his back, and thus he ran very swiftly, desiring to enter a cave of Sumeru Mountain
- Because of following Krsna very swiftly, her (Yasoda's) hair became loose, and the flowers in her hair were falling after her. Yet she did not fail to capture her son Krsna - SB 10.9.10
- Because snakes are always envious, so they are first up to be burned into that forest fire. They cannot go very swiftly. Others, tigers and other beasts, they go away. But the snake, they crawl. They cannot get out. Mostly they burn
- Being repeatedly baffled in his attempts, Rukmi took his sword and ran swiftly toward Krsna, just as a fly proceeds toward a fire. But as soon as Rukmi reached Krsna, Krsna cut his weapon to pieces
- Bhagiratha mounted a swift chariot and drove before mother Ganges, who followed him, purifying many countries, until they reached the ashes of Bhagiratha's forefathers, the sons of Sagara, who were thus sprinkled with water from the Ganges
- Even in the beginning, because they (prakrta-sahajiyas) are chanting the holy names of nitai-gaura, their swift advancement on the path of love of Godhead is very prominently visible
- Everyone knows that the mind is so swift that in even one ten-thousandth of a second it can take us millions of miles. If we have seen something millions of miles away, the mind can go there immediately
- For one who worships Me, engaged in devotional service and always meditating upon Me, who has fixed his mind upon Me, O son of Prtha, for him I am the swift deliverer from the ocean of birth and death. BG 12.6-7 - 1972
- For one who worships Me, giving up all his activities unto Me and being devoted to Me without deviation, O son of Prtha, for him I am the swift deliverer from the ocean of birth and death. BG 12.6-7 - 1972
- If a burning cinder of a firebrand is whirled about very swiftly, it gives the appearance of a circle of fire. This is called alata-akara or alata-cakra, a firebrand circle. This whole circle is not actually made of fire but is a single fire in motion
- If by chanting the holy name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead one becomes so swiftly cleared of all reactions to sinful activities, then what is to be said of those persons who see Him face to face
- If one can lift the semen up to the brain one's memory is enabled to act very swiftly, and the duration of life is increased. Yogis can thus perform all kinds of austerity with steadiness and be elevated to the highest perfectional stage
- If some intelligent persons join us, then our movement may advance swiftly. This is encouraging. But intelligence or no intelligence, if some way or other somebody comes and sticks to the principles automatically he becomes intelligent
- Immediately upon hearing the vibration of the flute, they (the gopis) all left their respective engagements and proceeded to the spot where Krsna was standing. While they ran very swiftly, their earrings swung back and forth
- In contemporary civilization we see that there are many automobiles manufactured to carry us swiftly from one place to another, but at the same time we have created other problems
- Industrial civilization will fail. They are manufacturing simply cars. The time is approaching very swiftly when there will be no more demand for cars
- Just like the Jains, they do not ride on car, but if by going in a car I can go and preach, very swiftly, and come back again, why shall I give up this car? So our philosophy is not like that
- Just see how this child - only three years old - is so jubilant! Simply by seeing Krsna he is running so swiftly, making a tumultuous sound. Just see!
- Miraculously, the baby (Pradyumna) swiftly grew up, and within a very short period he became a beautiful young man
- Mucukunda continued, "As soon as the allotted time is over, Your Lordship immediately ends all the activities of our material dreams. As the time factor, You end all our activities, as a hungry black snake swiftly swallows up a small rat without leniency"
- O lord, please note that we are not at all negligent in discharging our duties. We have been faithfully carrying this palanquin according to your desire, but this man who has been recently engaged to work with us cannot walk very swiftly
- Once upon a time King Puranjana took up his great bow, and equipped with golden armor and a quiver of unlimited arrows and accompanied by eleven commanders, he sat on his chariot driven by five swift horses and went to the forest named Panca-prastha
- One can imagine the swiftness of the spiritual form by comparing it to the speed of the mind. In less than even a moment, a perfect devotee can return home, back to Godhead, immediately after giving up his material body
- One has to learn to use a typewriter by following the R.P. of the typing book. One has to place his fingers on the keys in such a way & practice, but when one becomes adept, he can type swiftly and correctly without even looking at the keys
- One has to learn to use a typewriter by following the regulative principles of the typing book. One has to place his fingers on the keys in such a way & practice, but when one become adept, he can type swiftly & correctly without even looking at the keys
- One has to place his fingers on the keys in such a way and practice, but when one becomes adept, he can type swiftly and correctly without even looking at the keys
- Since we have to accept some authority, why not accept His (Krsna's)? Simply by hearing of His glories from Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam and by chanting His names - Hare Krsna - we can swiftly perfect our lives
- Some 1,600,000 miles above this group of stars is the planet Venus, which moves at almost exactly the same pace as the sun according to swift, slow and moderate movements
- Spirit is finer than the mind, and everyone has experience of how swiftly the mind travels from one place to another
- The chariot is driven by five horses, which represent the five sense organs - namely the eyes, ears, nose, skin and tongue. These sense organs are very easily attracted by the sense objects. Consequently, the horses are described as moving swiftly
- The devotee who is put into a forlorn condition is more fortunate because he swiftly returns to the lotus feet of the Lord, thinking himself helpless all around
- The great demon Hiranyakasipu, who was extremely angry, swiftly attacked Nrsimhadeva with his club and began to beat Him. Lord Nrsimhadeva, however, captured the great demon, along with his club, just as Garuda might capture a great snake
- The personified Vedas continued their prayers, "Dear Lord, Your impersonal feature is explained in the Vedas. You have no hands, but You can accept all sacrifices offered to You. You have no legs, but You can walk more swiftly than anyone else"
- The sun travels sometimes slowly, sometimes swiftly and sometimes at a moderate speed. In this way it travels within the three worlds, consisting of the heavenly planets, the earthly planets and outer space
- The Supreme Lord is attracted by devotional service, and He can approach us more swiftly than we can approach Him with our mental speculation
- The three animals that were half-killed were then brought to their consciousness by the sage Narada. Indeed, the animals got up and swiftly fled
- They (Cowherd boys) were sometimes lying down on the ground, sometimes rolling in the dust, sometimes laughing and sometimes running very swiftly. All of these symptoms gave them the appearance of madmen
- Time is figuratively described here (in SB 4.27.12) as Candavega. Since time and tide wait for no man, time is herein called Candavega, which means "very swiftly passing away
- Time passes swiftly; Candavega's powerful soldiers of Gandharvaloka very swiftly carry away all the days of our life
- We have seen that in spite of the very black record of their past lives, persons who take to Krsna consciousness become perfectly cleansed of all dirty things and make spiritual progress very swiftly
- We should accept this process (harer nama harer nama) and practically see that this is the only process of swiftly realizing the supreme truth, Absolute Truth. So we should follow Krsna consciousness very seriously and sincerely
- When one becomes emotional on account of a strong wind, one tries to run very swiftly and rubs his eyes. When one is emotional because of rainfall, one takes an umbrella, and there is tension in his body
- When the earth saw that King Prthu was taking his bow and arrow to kill her, she became very much afraid and began to tremble. She then began to flee, exactly like a deer, which runs very swiftly when followed by a hunter
- When there is emotion caused by seeing something very dear, one can speak very swiftly and use kind words. When there is emotion caused by seeing something detestable, one cries very loudly
- While passing toward the north, toward the south or through the equator, in accordance with the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, it is said to move slowly, swiftly or moderately
- You are all qualified. I can give you ideas. Now I am doing. So I wanted to see that you are all busy. That I want because now I am becoming invalid. I cannot move very swiftly here and there. But if you move, I take pleasure
- You are an intelligent and thoughtful boy, so kindly utilize all your good talents faithfully in the service of Krsna and you will be fully happy and swiftly advancing