Sunahsepha | "Sunah sepa"
- second son of Ajīgarta
Pages in category "Sunahsepha"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.
- After wandering in the forest, Rohita returned to the capital of his father (Hariscandra). He purchased from Ajigarta his second son, named Sunahsepha. Then he offered Sunahsepha to his father, Hariscandra, to be used as the sacrificial animal
- Although Sunahsepha was born in the Bhargava dynasty, he was greatly advanced in spiritual life, and therefore the demigods involved in the sacrifice protected him. Consequently he was also celebrated as the descendant of Gadhi named Devarata
- When Hariscandra was to sacrifice his son Rohita, Rohita arranged to save his own life by purchasing Sunahsepha from Sunahsepha's father to be sacrificed in the yajna
- When requested by their father to accept Sunahsepha as the eldest son, the elder fifty of the Madhucchandas, the sons of Visvamitra, did not agree
- When Sunahsepha was brought into the sacrificial arena, he prayed to the demigods for release and was released by their mercy