string | stringed | stringing | stringless | strings | stringy
- not "string* instrument*"
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "String"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- A dear lover strung a garland and placed it on the shoulder of his beloved in the presence of her co-wives. She had raised breasts and was very beautiful, yet although the garland was tainted with mud, she did not reject it
- Actually, a bow is in the curved position because it is tied at its two ends by the bowstring; but in the rainbow there is no such string, and yet it rests in the sky so beautifully
- All the strings of his (Banasura's) bows had been broken, and there was no chariot or driver, so he had no alternative but to return to his city. He lost everything in the battle
- As soon as he (Narada Muni) strokes the strings (of his vina), all the devotees begin responding, making a very beautiful vibration
- At each and every gate there were burning lamps and big waterpots decorated with differently colored cloth, strings of pearls, flower garlands and hanging mango leaves
- In the midst of the thunder in the cloudy sky there appears a rainbow that has no string. Its appearance is compared to the appearance of the Supreme Personality of Godhead or His servants in the midst of the material atmosphere
- Indirectly Kutila was insulted by the following statement, "My dear Kutila, daughter of Jatila, your breasts are as long as string beans - simply dry and long. Your nose is so gorgeous that it is defying the beauty of the noses of frogs"
- It is said that saints have been able to hear the vibrating strings of the vina in the hands of Narada, who is always singing the glories of Lord Krsna
- Laksmana said, "Heroes like Jarasandha, Ambastha, Sisupala, Bhimasena, Duryodhana and Karna were, of course, able to string the bow, but they could not pierce the fish, because it was covered, and they could not trace it out from the reflection"
- Laksmana said, "Some with great difficulty drew the string from one end to the other, but being unable to tie the other end, they were suddenly knocked down by the springlike bow"
- Lord Brahma offered a waterpot to the inexhaustible Supreme Personality of Godhead, the seven sages offered Him kusa grass, and mother Sarasvati gave Him a string of Rudraksa beads
- O conquerer of wealth (Arjuna), there is no Truth superior to Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread. BG 7.7 - 1972
- O Hari-nama! The tips of the toes of Your lotus feet are constantly being worshiped by the glowing radiance emanating from the string of gems known as the Upanisads, the crown jewels of all the Vedas
- Of the six warriors (Karna, Sala, Bhuri, Yajnaketu, Duryodhana and Bhismadeva), four took care to kill Samba's four horses, one struck down his chariot driver, and one managed to cut the string of Samba's bow so that he could no longer fight with them
- Raising my hands, I declare, "Everyone please hear me! String this verse on the thread of the holy name and wear it on your neck for continuous remembrance
- Rukmini continued, "At the time of my marriage ceremony, simply by giving a jerk to the string of Your bow, You (Krsna) very easily drove the others away and kindly gave me shelter at Your lotus feet"
- The demigods always fear the sound of your (Kamsa's) bowstring. They are constantly in anxiety, afraid of fighting. Therefore, what can they do by their endeavors to harm you? - SB 10.4.32
- The phenomenal appearance of the Transcendence is free from the qualities of material nature, and thus it resembles a bow with no string
- The Sanskrit word guna means "quality" or "mode," as well as "string" or - rope
- The walls as well as the arches between the pillars glowed from the decorations of different kinds of sapphires. Throughout the palace were many canopies made by Visvakarma that were decorated with strings of pearls
- This art (how to manipulate thin threads for dancing puppets) includes how to string wires on musical instruments, such as the vina, sitar, esaraja and tamboura, to produce melodious sounds
- This bow (belonging to Lord Siva) was so heavy that it was carried by three hundred men, but Lord Ramacandra bent and strung it and broke it in the middle, just as a baby elephant breaks a stick of sugarcane
- Tin, tin, tin, tin - International Society String Band, combined together, now we have become a stringed instrument
- We chant at least 16 times around the string of 108 beads daily (one full mantra on each bead). This keeps us strong in spiritual consciousness
- When a rainbow appears during the rainy season, it is observed to be like a bow with no guna, or string. Similarly, the appearance of the PG or His transcendental servants has nothing to do with the qualitative modes of material nature
- When He (Supreme Lord) appears before us in the midst of material interactions, He remains always unaffected, like a stringless rainbow
- When King Prthu will travel over his kingdom and vibrate the string of his bow, which is made of the horns of goats and bulls and is irresistible in battle, all demoniac rogues and thieves will hide themselves in all directions
- Whenever he was determined to fix his arrow upon his bowstring with his two powerful arms, all opponents of the regulative principles of religious life would flee from his presence in fear of the unparalleled prowess he displayed in ruling the universe