Srimad-Bhagavatam, Canto 01 Chapter 14 - The Disappearance of Lord Krsna
Pages in category "Srimad-Bhagavatam, Canto 01 Chapter 14 - The Disappearance of Lord Krsna"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.
- A few months passed, and Arjuna did not return. Maharaja Yudhisthira then began to observe some inauspicious omens, which were fearful in themselves
- All ordinary transactions and dealings became polluted with cheating, even between friends
- All the cities, villages, towns, gardens, mines and hermitages are now devoid of beauty and bereft of all happiness. I (Yudhisthira Maharaja) do not know what sort of calamities are now awaiting us
- Are all the chieftain sons of Lord Krsna, such as Susena, Carudesna, Samba the son of Jambavati, and Rsabha, along with their sons, all doing well?
- Are Ugrasena, whose son was the mischievous Kamsa, & his younger brother still living? Are Hrdika & his son Krtavarma happy? Are Akrura, Jayanta, Gada, Sarana & Satrujit all happy? How is Balarama, the Personality of Godhead & the protector of devotees?
- Has someone addressed you with unfriendly words or threatened you? Could you not give charity to one who asked, or could you not keep your promise to someone?
- Have you (Arjuna) contacted a woman of impeachable character, or have you not properly treated a deserving woman? Or have you been defeated on the way by someone who is inferior or equal to you?
- Have you (Arjuna) not taken care of old men and boys who deserve to dine with you? Have you left them and taken your meals alone? Have you committed some unpardonable mistake which is considered to be abominable?
- He (Maharaja Yudhisthira) saw that the direction of eternal time had changed, and this was very fearful. There were disruptions in the seasonal regularities
- His (Vasudeva) seven wives, headed by Devaki, are all sisters. Are they and their sons and daughters-in-law all happy?
- How is Pradyumna, the great general of the Vrsni family? Is He happy? And is Aniruddha, the plenary expansion of the Personality of Godhead, faring well?
- I think that all these earthly disturbances indicate some greater loss to the good fortune of the world. The world was fortunate to have been marked with the footprints of the lotus feet of the Lord. These signs indicate that this will no longer be
- In course of time it came to pass that people in general became accustomed to greed, anger, pride, etc. Maharaja Yudhisthira, observing all these omens, spoke to his younger brother (Arjuna)
- In familial affairs, there was always misunderstanding between fathers, mothers and sons, between well-wishers, and between brothers. Even between husband and wife there was always strain and quarrel
- Is He going to quit His earthly pastimes, as Devarsi Narada indicated? Has that time already arrived?
- Is Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who gives pleasure to the cows, the senses and the brahmanas, who is very affectionate towards His devotees, enjoying the pious assembly at Dvaraka Puri surrounded by friends?
- Is my (Yudhisthira's) respectable grandfather Surasena in a happy mood? And are my maternal uncle Vasudeva and his younger brothers all doing well?
- Just see how the smoke encircles the sky. It appears that the earth and mountains are throbbing. Just hear the cloudless thunder and see the bolts from the blue
- Just see! This pigeon is like a messenger of death. The shrieks of the owls and their rival crows make my (Yudhisthira Maharaja's) heart tremble. It appears that they want to make a void of the whole universe
- Just see, O Bhima, how the she jackal cries at the rising sun and vomits fire, and how the dog barks at me fearlessly
- Just see, O man with a tiger's strength (Bhima), how many miseries due to celestial influences, earthly reactions and bodily pains - all very dangerous in themselves - are foreboding danger in the near future by deluding our intelligence
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said to his younger brother Bhimasena, I sent Arjuna to Dvaraka to meet his friends and to learn from the Personality of Godhead Krsna of His program of work
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: Is it that you are feeling empty for all time because you might have lost your most intimate friend, Lord Krsna? O my brother Arjuna, I can think of no other reason for your becoming so dejected
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: My dear brother (Arjuna), please tell me whether our friends and relatives, such as Madhu, Bhoja, Dasarha, Arha, Satvata, Andhaka and the members of the Yadu family are all passing their days in happiness
- My brother Arjuna, please tell me whether your health is all right. You appear to have lost your bodily luster. Is this due to others disrespecting and neglecting you because of your long stay at Dvaraka?
- O Bhimasena, tiger amongst men, now useful animals like cows are passing me (Yudhisthira Maharaja) on my left side, and lower animals like the asses are circumambulating me. My horses appear to weep upon seeing me
- O Brahmana Saunaka, while Maharaja Yudhisthira, observing the inauspicious signs on the earth at that time, was thus thinking to himself, Arjuna came back from the city of the Yadus (Dvaraka)
- Seeing Arjuna pale due to heartfelt anxieties, the King (Yudhisthira), remembering the indications of the sage Narada, questioned him in the midst of friends
- Simply by administering comforts at the lotus feet of the Lord (Krsna), which is the most important of all services, the queens at Dvaraka, headed by Satyabhama, induced the Lord to conquer the demigods
- Since he (Arjuna) departed, seven months have passed, yet he has not returned. I (Yudhisthira) do not know factually how things are going there
- Sri Suta Gosvami said: Arjuna went to Dvaraka to see Lord Sri Krsna and other friends and also to learn from the Lord of His next activities
- Srutadeva, Uddhava and others, Nanda, Sunanda and other leaders of liberated souls who are constant companions of the Lord are protected by Lord Balarama and Krsna
- The calves do not suck the teats of the cows, nor do the cows give milk. They are standing, crying, tears in their eyes, and the bulls take no pleasure in the pasturing grounds
- The left side of my (Maharaja Yudhisthira's) body, my thighs, arms and eyes are all quivering again and again. I am having heart palpitations due to fear. All this indicates undesirable happenings
- The members of the Yadu dynasty, being protected by the arms of the Lord, are enjoying life like the residents of the spiritual sky
- The original Personality of Godhead, the enjoyer, and Balarama, the primeval Lord Ananta, are staying in the ocean of the Yadu dynasty for the welfare, protection and general progress of the entire universe
- The people in general had become very greedy, angry and deceitful. And he (Maharaja Yudhisthira) saw that they were adopting foul means of livelihood
- The rays of the sun are declining, and the stars appear to be fighting amongst themselves. Confused living entities appear to be ablaze and weeping
- The wind blows violently, blasting dust everywhere and creating darkness. Clouds are raining everywhere with bloody disasters
- Thus the queens enjoy things which are prerogatives of the wives of the controller of thunderbolts