Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Antya-lila Chapter 01 - Srila Rupa Gosvami's Second Meeting With the Lord
Pages in category "Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Antya-lila Chapter 01 - Srila Rupa Gosvami's Second Meeting With the Lord"
The following 209 pages are in this category, out of 209 total.
- All glories to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu! All glories to Nityananda Prabhu! All glories to Advaita Acarya! And all glories to all the devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Praying at the lotus feet of Sri Rupa and Sri Raghunatha, always desiring their mercy, I, Krsnadasa, narrate Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, following in their footsteps - Antya-lila
- Advaita Acarya, Nityananda Prabhu and all the other devotees showed their causeless mercy to Rupa Gosvami by embracing him in return
- After allotting residential quarters there to Rupa Gosvami, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu left. Then all of the Lord's personal associates met Srila Rupa Gosvami
- After having that dream, Srila Rupa Gosvami considered, "It is the order of Satyabhama that I write a separate drama for her"
- After hearing this verse, Ramananda Raya and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Without Your special mercy, how could this Rupa Gosvami have understood Your mind?"
- After hearing this, Srila Ramananda Raya submitted at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu the superexcellence of Srila Rupa Gosvami's poetic expression and began to praise it as if he had thousands of mouths
- After reading the verse, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was overwhelmed by ecstatic love. At that very time, Rupa Gosvami returned, having finished bathing in the sea
- After saying this, Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to perform His noontime duties, leaving Srila Rupa Gosvami somewhat surprised
- After the Dola-yatra festival ended, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bade farewell to Rupa Gosvami also. The Lord empowered him and bestowed upon him all kinds of mercy
- After writing this verse on a palm leaf, Rupa Gosvami put it somewhere in his thatched roof and went to bathe in the sea
- All glories to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu! All glories to Lord Nityananda! All glories to Advaita Acarya! And all glories to all the devotees of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu - CC Antya 1.8
- All the devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thus spent four months with Him. Then the Lord bade them farewell, and they returned to Bengal
- All the devotees present so greatly appreciated this verse that they expressed their gratitude to Sri Rupa Gosvami for his transcendental recitation
- Although I am the lowest of men and have no knowledge, the Lord has mercifully bestowed upon me the inspiration to write transcendental literature about devotional service
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was inwardly greatly pleased when He heard this verse, externally He spoke as if angry
- Although the effulgence of the moon is brilliant initially at night, in the daytime it fades away. Similarly, although the lotus is beautiful during the daytime, at night it closes
- As previously, the Lord provided them all with residential quarters. And the next morning all the devotees came to see the Lord
- As soon as Haridasa Thakura and Rupa Gosvami saw the Lord coming, they both stood up and then fell down to offer Him their respectful obeisances. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced them both and then sat down
- At night, when Sivananda Sena returned and was taking his meal, he inquired from the servant whether the dog had gotten its meals
- At that time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went there to meet him, and when He saw the leaf pushed into the roof and saw the verse, He began to read it
- Desiring the happiness of His association and embraces, My dear friend, I disregarded even My superiors and relaxed My shyness and gravity before them
- Do not try to take Krsna out of Vrndavana, for He does not go anywhere else at any time
- During the Ratha-yatra ceremony Rupa Gosvami saw Lord Jagannatha. He also saw Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu dancing and chanting in front of the ratha
- Establish the service of Lord Krsna and preach the mellows of Lord Krsna’s devotional service. I shall also go to Vrndavana once more
- Every day Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would go to see Rupa Gosvami, and whatever prasadam He received from the temple He would deliver to Rupa Gosvami and Haridasa Thakura
- Everyone admitted that although they had heard many statements glorifying the holy name of the Lord, they had never heard such sweet descriptions as those of Rupa Gosvami
- Generally Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu recited a verse while dancing and chanting before the ratha, but no one knew why He was reciting that particular verse
- Glory to the all-merciful Radha and Madana-mohana! I am lame and ill advised, yet They are my directors, and Their lotus feet are everything to me - CC Antya 1.5
- Haridasa Thakura told him, "There is no limit to your good fortune. No one can understand the glories of what you (Rupa Gosvami) have described"
- Having heard these verses recited by Rupa Gosvami, Srila Ramananda Raya said, "Your poetic expressions are like continuous showers of nectar. Kindly let me hear the introductory portion of the second drama"
- Having thus spoken, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced Rupa Gosvami, who then placed the lotus feet of the Lord upon his head
- He began it in that way, but now, following the order of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he has divided it in two and is writing two plays
- He would talk for some time with them both and then leave to perform His noontime duties
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) am now almost an invalid because of old age, and I know that at any moment I may die. Therefore I have already described some portions of the antya-lila
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have briefly described the antya-lila within the description of the madhya-lila
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have briefly described the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu known as the madhya-lila. Now I shall attempt to describe something about His last pastimes, which are known as the antya-lila
- I (Rupa Gosvami) have already described all these incidents, but I still wish to add briefly something more
- I (Rupa Gosvami) shall write two separate invocations of good fortune and two different introductions. Let me think deeply about the matter and then describe two different sets of incidents
- I came by the path on the bank of the Ganges, whereas Sanatana Gosvami came by the public road. Therefore we did not meet
- I do not know how much nectar the two syllables 'Krs-na' have produced. When the holy name of Krsna is chanted, it appears to dance within the mouth
- I empowered both of these brothers to go to Vrndavana to expand the literature of bhakti
- I have brought together in one work all the pastimes performed by Lord Krsna in Vrndavana and in Dvaraka. Now I shall have to divide them into two dramas
- I offer my respectful obeisances to Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu, by whose mercy even a lame man can cross over a mountain and a dumb man recite Vedic literature
- I pray to the lotus feet of the six Gosvamis - Sri Rupa, Sanatana, Bhatta Raghunatha, Sri Jiva, Gopala Bhatta and Dasa Raghunatha - so that all impediments to my writing this literature will be annihilated and my real desire will be fulfilled
- I see that the truths regarding transcendental mellows that You expounded through my mouth are all explained in the writings of Srila Rupa Gosvami
- I thereupon also bestowed upon him My transcendental potency. Now you also should give him instructions. In particular, instruct him in transcendental mellows
- I was engaged in My own playful activities in My home, and because of My childish innocence I did not know right from wrong
- In a temple of jewels in Vrndavana, underneath a desire tree, Sri Sri Radha-Govinda, served by Their most confidential associates, sit upon an effulgent throne. I offer my humble obeisances unto Them - CC Antya 1.6
- In accordance with the synopsis previously written, I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) shall describe in detail whatever I have not mentioned
- In Prayaga I heard that he had already gone to Vrndavana. Rupa Gosvami next informed the Lord about the death of Anupama
- In the morning they looked for the dog, but it could not be found anywhere. All the Vaisnavas were astonished
- In the province of Orissa there is a place known as Satyabhama-pura. Srila Rupa Gosvami rested for a night in that village on his way to Jagannatha Puri
- In this way Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's dealings with them continued every day. Thus receiving the transcendental favor of the Lord, Srila Rupa Gosvami felt unlimited pleasure
- In this way Srila Rupa Gosvami passed his time in close association with Haridasa Thakura by discussing the pastimes of Lord Krsna in great happiness
- In this way the two brothers Rupa and Anupama reached Bengal, but when they arrived there Anupama died
- In Vrndavana, Rupa Gosvami began to write a drama. In particular, he composed the introductory verses to invoke good fortune
- It is even impudent for me to open my mouth before you. Then, having said this, he recited the introductory verse of the Lalita-madhava
- May Rupa Gosvami, by Your mercy, become so powerful that he will be able to describe the transcendental mellows of devotional service
- May the pastimes of Sri Krsna reduce the miseries existing in the material world and nullify all unwanted desires
- May the Supreme Lord who is known as the son of Srimati Sacidevi be transcendentally situated in the innermost core of your heart - CC Antya 1.132
- May the sweet sound of Lord Krsna's flute, His authorized messenger, be glorified, for it expertly releases Srimati Radharani from Her shyness and attracts Her from Her home to the forest
- Meanwhile, following the order of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Srila Rupa Gosvami returned to Vrndavana. He desired to write dramas concerning the pastimes of Lord Krsna
- My dear beautiful friend, if one develops love of Godhead, love of Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, all the bitter and sweet influences of this love will manifest in one’s heart. Such love of Godhead acts in two ways
- My dear friend the flute, it appears that you have been born of a very good family, for your residence is in the hands of Sri Krsna
- My dear friend the flute, you are actually full of many holes or faults. You are light, hard, juiceless and full of knots. But what kind of pious activities have engaged you in the service of being kissed by the Lord and embraced by His hands
- My dear friend, if Krsna is unkind to Me, there will be no need for you to cry, for it will not be due to any fault of yours
- My dear friend, now I have met My very old and dear friend Krsna on this field of Kuruksetra
- My dear friend, see how this forest of Vrndavana is full of transcendental creepers and trees
- My dear friend, these palpitations of Srimati Radharani's heart are extremely difficult to cure. Even if one applied some medical treatment, it would only end in defamation
- My dear friend, this forest of Vrndavana is giving great pleasure to our senses in various ways. Somewhere bumblebees are singing in groups, and in some places mild breezes are cooling the entire atmosphere
- My dear friend, this newly youthful Lord Sri Krsna, the moon in the family of Nanda Maharaja, is so beautiful that He defies the beauty of clusters of valuable jewels
- My dear friend, who is this fearless young man? He is as bright as a lightning cloud, and He wanders in His pastimes like a maddened elephant
- My heart is very confidential. How did you know My mind in this way? After saying this, He firmly embraced Rupa Gosvami
- My path is very difficult. I am blind, and my feet are slipping again and again. Therefore, may the saints help me by granting me the stick of their mercy as my support
- O beautiful-faced one, who is this creative person standing before us? With the sharp chisels of His loving glances, He is splitting the hard stones of many women's devotion to their husbands
- O learned devotees, I am by nature ignorant and low, yet even though it is from me that the Vidagdha-madhava has come, it is filled with descriptions of the transcendental attributes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- On his way to Gauda-desa, Rupa Gosvami had been thinking of how to write the action of the drama. Thus he had made some notes and begun to write
- On the next day, after visiting the temple of Jagannatha as usual, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu met Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara
- On the next day, Caitanya Mahaprabhu again met Rupa Gosvami, and with great mercy the Lord introduced him to all the devotees
- On the next day, when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to see Srila Rupa Gosvami, the omniscient Lord spoke as follows
- One day while Rupa Gosvami was writing his book, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu suddenly appeared
- One day while Sivananda was detained by a tollman, his servant forgot to give the dog its cooked rice
- One day, when they needed to cross a river, an Orissan boatman would not allow the dog to get in the boat
- One has to learn about the beauty and transcendental position of the holy name of the Lord by hearing the revealed scriptures from the mouths of devotees. Nowhere else can we hear of the sweetness of the Lord's holy name
- Only Svarupa Damodara Gosvami knew the purpose for which the Lord recited that verse. According to the Lord’s attitude, he used to quote other verses to enable the Lord to relish mellows
- Our hearts are so polluted by miserable conditions that we are certainly going to Pluto’s kingdom
- Out of affectionate love and mercy, Haridasa Thakura told Srila Rupa Gosvami, "Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has already informed me that you would come here"
- Ramananda Raya further inquired, "What are the natural characteristics of awakening love of Godhead?" Rupa Gosvami replied, "These are the natural characteristics of love of God"
- Ramananda Raya inquired, "By which subdivision of style do the players enter?" Rupa Gosvami then began to speak specifically about this subject
- Ramananda Raya inquired, "How have you introduced the assembly of the players?" Rupa Gosvami replied, The players assemble at a suitable time under the heading of pravartaka
- Ramananda Raya inquired, "What are the characteristics of emotional love?" Rupa Gosvami replied, "This is the nature of emotional love for Krsna
- Ramananda Raya inquired, "What kind of drama are you writing? We can understand that it is a mine of conclusive statements"
- Ramananda Raya said, "Instead of joking, people in general will feel great pleasure in hearing such poetry, for the initial remembrance of the worshipable Deity invokes good fortune"
- Ramananda Raya said, "Now please recite the description of the glories of your worshipable Deity." Rupa Gosvami, however, hesitated due to embarrassment because Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was present
- Ramananda Raya said, "Please recite the introductory verse of the Vidagdha-madhava so that I can hear and examine it." Thus Sri Rupa Gosvami, being ordered by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, recited the verse (1.1)
- Ramananda Raya said, "Please recite the prarocana portion so that I may hear and examine it." Sri Rupa replied, "I think that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's desire to hear is prarocana"
- Rupa Gosvami and Haridasa Thakura sat at the foot of the elevated place where Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was sitting. Although everyone asked them to sit on the same level as the Lord and His associates, they did not do so
- Rupa Gosvami then departed to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, for he was very eager to see Him
- Rupa Gosvami, however, could understand the intention of the Lord, and thus he composed another verse that appealed to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's special mercy toward Srila Rupa Gosvami and seeing his personal qualities, all the devotees were struck with wonder
- Seeing the dog eating the green coconut pulp and chanting "Krsna, Krsna" again and again, all the devotees present were very surprised
- Seeing the Lord, Sri Rupa Gosvami fell flat in the courtyard to offer obeisances. The Lord slapped him mildly in love and spoke as follows
- She said, "Write a separate drama about me. By my mercy it will be extraordinarily beautiful"
- Since I have heard the name of a person called Krsna, I have practically lost My good sense. Then, there is another person who plays His flute in such a way that after I hear the vibration, intense madness arises in My heart
- Sivananda Sena arranged for the journey. He maintained everyone and provided residential quarters
- Sivananda Sena, unhappy that the dog had to stay behind, paid the boatman ten pana of conchshells to take the dog across the river
- Springtime had arrived, and the full moon of that season inspired the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is complete in everything, with new attraction to meet the beautiful Srimati Radharani at night to increase the beauty of Their pastimes
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu delivered almost all the fallen souls by directly meeting them. He delivered others by entering the bodies of great devotees, such as Nakula Brahmacari
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu praised the metaphors and other literary ornaments of Srila Rupa Gosvami's transcendental poetry. Without such poetic attributes, He said, there is no possibility of preaching transcendental mellows
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "I met Srila Rupa Gosvami at Prayaga. He attracted and satisfied Me because of his qualities"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Rupa Gosvami met Me at Prayaga. Knowing him to be a suitable person, I naturally bestowed My mercy upon him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested all His personal associates to bless Rupa Gosvami so that he might continuously describe the pastimes of Vrndavana, which are full of emotional love of Godhead
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Ramananda Raya, you are jubilant at hearing these poetic expressions, but I am ashamed to hear them, for people in general will joke about the subject of this verse"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Srila Rupa Gosvami's elder brother, whose name is Sanatana Gosvami, is such a wise and learned scholar that no one is equal to him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then embraced Rupa Gosvami and asked him to offer prayers at the lotus feet of all the devotees present
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then sat down with Haridasa and Rupa Gosvami. They inquired from one another about auspicious news and then continued to talk together for some time
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu, "You should both show Your mercy wholeheartedly to Rupa Gosvami"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took that verse and showed it to Svarupa Damodara for him to examine. Then the Lord questioned him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was throwing remnants of green coconut pulp to the dog. Smiling in His own way, He was saying to the dog, "Chant the holy names Rama, Krsna and Hari"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went with them to see the Lord in the temple, and on that day He also took lunch in the company of all those devotees
- Sri Rupa Gosvami said, "I do not know anything. The only transcendental words I can utter are those which Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu makes me speak"
- Srila Ramananda Raya further inquired, "How have you (Rupa Gosvami) described Vrndavana, the vibration of the transcendental flute, and the relationship between Krsna and Radhika?'
- Srila Ramananda Raya objected, "It is not alkali at all. It is a particle of camphor he has put into the nectar of his exalted poetic expression"
- Srila Ramananda Raya replied to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "My Lord, You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead. If You like, You can cause even a wooden doll to dance"
- Srila Ramananda Raya said that previously Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had empowered his heart so that he could express elevated and conclusive statements to which even Lord Brahma has no access
- Srila Ramananda Raya said, "This is not a poetic presentation; it is a continuous shower of nectar. Indeed, it is the essence of all ultimate realizations, appearing in the form of plays"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami gradually informed Ramananda Raya about everything he asked. Hearing his explanations, all the devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were struck with wonder
- Srila Rupa Gosvami offered his respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of them all, and all the devotees, by their mercy, embraced him
- Srila Rupa Gosvami said, In your presence, which is just like brilliant sunshine, I am as insignificant as the light of a glowworm"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami thought, "Satyabhama ordered me to write two different dramas. Now I understand that this order has been confirmed by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami took leave of all the devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and returned to Vrndavana by the path through Bengal
- Srila Rupa Gosvami, however, stayed at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and when the Dola-yatra festival took place, he saw it in great happiness with the Lord
- Srimati Radharani is the Ganges in which the elephant of My mind enjoys pastimes. She is the shining of the full autumn moon for the cakora birds of My eyes
- Such are the transcendental pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the son of mother Saci. He even delivered a dog simply by inducing it to chant the maha-mantra, Hare Krsna
- Svarupa Damodara replied for Srila Rupa Gosvami, "He wanted to compose a drama about the pastimes of Lord Krsna. He planned to describe in one book both the pastimes of Vrndavana and those of Dvaraka and Mathura"
- Svarupa Damodara said, "As soon as I saw the unique composition of this verse, I could immediately understand that You had bestowed upon him Your special mercy"
- The beautiful moonlike glories of Mukunda give distress to the lotuslike faces of the wives of the demons and to their raised breasts, which are like gleaming cakravaka birds
- The beauty of Krsna's eyes surpasses the beauty of white lotus flowers, His yellow garments surpass the brilliance of fresh decorations of kunkuma, His ornaments of selected forest flowers subdue the hankering for the best of garments
- The beauty of Srimati Radharani's eyes forcibly devours the beauty of newly grown blue lotus flowers, and the beauty of Her face surpasses that of an entire forest of fully blossomed lotuses
- The devotees now present are constantly thinking of the Supreme Lord and are therefore highly advanced
- The dust from cows and calves on the road creates a kind of darkness indicating that Krsna is returning home from the pasture. Also, the darkness of evening provokes the gopis to meet Krsna
- The flute of Krsna's pastimes measures three fingers in length, and it is bedecked with indranila gems
- The Krsna known as Yadu-kumara is Vasudeva Krsna. He is different from the Krsna who is the son of Nanda. Yadu-kumara Krsna manifests His pastimes in the cities of Mathura and Dvaraka, but Krsna the son of Nanda never at any time leaves Vrndavana
- The Lord asked, 'How could Rupa Gosvami have understood My heart?'. Svarupa Damodara replied, I can understand that You have already bestowed Your causeless mercy upon him
- The Lord delivered the fallen souls in some places by meeting them directly, in other places by empowering a pure devotee, and in still other places by appearing before someone Himself
- The Lord inquired, "What kind of book are you writing?" He held up a palm leaf that was a page of the manuscript, and when He saw the fine handwriting, His mind was very pleased
- The Lord said, "Now go to Vrndavana and stay there,You may send here your elder brother, Sanatana"
- The Lord, however, encouraged Rupa Gosvami, saying, "Why are you embarrassed? You should recite it so the devotees can hear the good fruit of your writing"
- The moonlike Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is known as the son of mother Saci, has now appeared on earth to spread devotional love of Himself
- The next day, no one saw that dog, for it had obtained its spiritual body and departed for Vaikuntha, the spiritual kingdom
- The river Ganges flowing in the heavenly planets is full of golden lotus flowers, and we, the residents of those planets, eat the stems of the flowers. Thus we are very beautiful, more so than the inhabitants of any other planet
- The river of Srimati Radharani has reached You from a long distance - leaving far behind the tree of Her husband, breaking through the bridge of social convention, and forcibly crossing the hills of elder relatives
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is known as Purusottama, the greatest of all persons, has a pure mind
- The transcendental vibration of Krsna’s flute blocked the movements of the rain clouds, struck the Gandharvas full of wonder, and agitated the meditation of great saintly persons like Sanaka and Sanandana
- The two plays are called Vidagdha-madhava and Lalita-madhava. Both of them wonderfully describe ecstatic emotional love of God
- The wonderful descriptions of Rupa Gosvami are superb arrangements to express loving affairs. Hearing them will plunge the heart and ears of everyone into a whirlpool of transcendental bliss
- Then Ramananda Raya inquired from Rupa Gosvami about the causes of the loving affairs between Krsna and the gopis, such as previous attachment, transformations of love, endeavors for love, and exchanges of letters disclosing the gopis
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Rupa, please recite that verse from your drama which, upon being heard, makes all people’s unhappiness and lamentation go away"
- Then Svarupa Damodara Gosvami recited the verse, and when all the devotees heard it, their minds were struck with wonder
- Then, when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu left with all of His devotees, Haridasa Thakura also embraced Srila Rupa Gosvami
- There was some delay because of the death of Anupama, and therefore when Rupa Gosvami went to Bengal to see the devotees there, he could not get in touch with them because they had already left
- They said, "Had You not previously bestowed Your mercy on him, it would not have been possible for him to express Your internal feelings"
- This introduction is technically called udghatyaka, and the whole scene is called vithi. You are so expert in dramatic expression that each of my statements before you is like a wave from an ocean of impudence
- Thus absorbed in thought, he quickly reached Jagannatha Puri. When he arrived, he approached the hut of Haridasa Thakura
- Thus all the devotees of Kulina-grama and Sri Khanda, as well as Advaita Acarya, came together to meet Sivananda Sena
- Thus being pleased, the Lord praised the writing by saying, "The handwriting of Rupa Gosvami is just like rows of pearls"
- Thus I have described the second meeting of Rupa Gosvami and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Anyone who hears of this incident will certainly attain shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Thus in great anxiety they all walked to Jagannatha Puri, where Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu met them as usual
- Thus Rupa Gosvami became the object of love and affection for all the devotees of the Lord, including those who came from Bengal and those who resided in Orissa
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His personal devotees met Rupa Gosvami and Haridasa Thakura. The Lord then sat down in an elevated place with His devotees
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced Haridasa and Rupa Gosvami and left for the seaside to perform His noontime duties
- To explain an unclear word, men generally join it with other words. Such an attempt is called udghatyaka
- What is the use of a bowman's arrow or a poet’s poetry if they penetrate the heart but do not cause the head to spin
- When all the devotees came to the place of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, they saw the same dog sitting a little apart from the Lord
- When all the devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, especially Sri Ramananda Raya, heard this verse, they were all filled with transcendental bliss and were struck with wonder
- When Haridasa Thakura and Rupa Gosvami saw that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had come with His intimate devotees, they both immediately fell down like logs and offered prayers to their lotus feet
- When he learned that the dog had not been supplied food in his absence, he was very unhappy. He then immediately sent ten men to find the dog
- When he saw the dog sitting in that way and chanting the name of Krsna, Sivananda, because of his natural humility, immediately offered his obeisances to the dog just to counteract his offenses to it
- When one hears praise from his beloved, he outwardly remains neutral but feels pain within his heart. When he hears his beloved making accusations about him, he takes them to be jokes and enjoys pleasure
- When Ramananda Raya requested Srila Rupa Gosvami to speak further about various portions of the play, Srila Rupa Gosvami briefly quoted his Lalita-madhava
- When Rupa Gosvami heard a verse uttered by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu during the ceremony, he immediately composed another verse dealing with the same subject
- When Rupa Gosvami thus recited his verse, Caitanya Mahaprabhu disapproved of it because it described His personal glories. He expressed the opinion that it was an exaggerated explanation
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanted this verse, Haridasa Thakura, upon hearing the vibration, became jubilant and began to dance while praising its meaning
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu inquired about Sanatana Gosvami, Rupa Gosvami replied, "I did not meet him"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ordered Rupa Gosvami to read the verse they had previously heard, Rupa Gosvami, because of great shyness, did not read it but instead remained silent
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu recited the two important verses, He felt great pleasure; thus, as if He had five mouths, He began to praise His devotee
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to Jagannatha Puri from Vrndavana, Svarupa Damodara Gosani immediately sent news of the Lord’s arrival to the devotees in Bengal
- When Srila Ramananda Raya further inquired about the second introductory verse, Srila Rupa Gosvami was somewhat hesitant, but nevertheless he began to recite
- When Srimati Radharani smiles, waves of joy flow over Her cheeks, and Her arched eyebrows dance like the bow of Cupid
- When the entrance of the actors is set in motion by the arrival of a suitable time, the entrance is called pravartaka
- When the Lord arrived, Rupa Gosvami immediately offered his obeisances. Haridasa informed the Lord, "This is Rupa Gosvami offering You obeisances" and the Lord embraced him
- When the men returned without success, Sivananda Sena became very unhappy and fasted for the night
- When they received the remnants of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s prasadam through Govinda, they respected it, and then they both began to dance in ecstasy
- When you go to Vrndavana, stay there, preach transcendental literature and excavate the lost holy places
- While going to Jagannatha Puri, Sivananda Sena allowed a dog to go with him. He supplied it food to eat and maintained it
- While reading the manuscript, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw a verse on that page, and as soon as He read it He was overwhelmed by ecstatic love
- While resting in Satyabhama-pura, he dreamed that a celestially beautiful woman came before him and very mercifully gave him the following order
- Without Your mercy such poetic expressions would be impossible for an ordinary living being to write. My guess is that You have given him the power