Category:Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Adi-lila Chapter 12 - The Expansions of Advaita Acarya and Gadadhara Pandita
Pages in category "Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Adi-lila Chapter 12 - The Expansions of Advaita Acarya and Gadadhara Pandita"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total.
- A big branch of Advaita Acarya was His son Acyutananda. From the beginning of his life he engaged in the service of the lotus feet of Lord Caitanya
- A person without Krsna consciousness is no better than dry wood or a dead body. He is understood to be dead while living, and after death he is punishable by Yamaraja
- A similar punishment was awarded to mother Sacidevi. Who could be more fortunate than she to receive such punishment?
- Advaita Acarya chanted various mantras, but Gopala did not come to consciousness. Thus all the Vaisnavas present cried in sorrow at His plight
- Advaita Acarya Prabhu became very unhappy. Taking His son on His lap, He began to chant the Nrsimha mantra for his protection
- Advaita Acarya said: "Formerly Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu always respected Me as His senior, but I did not like such respect. Therefore, My mind being afflicted by unhappiness, I made a plan"
- Advaita Acarya then said to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Why have You called back this man and allowed him to see You? He has cheated Me in two ways"
- Advaita Acarya's very confidential servant named Kamalakanta Visvasa knew all the dealings of Advaita Acarya
- Advaita Acarya, My spiritual master, should never accept charity from rich men or kings, because if a spiritual master accepts money or grains from such materialists his mind becomes polluted
- After describing the branches and subbranches of Advaita Acarya, I shall now attempt to describe some of the descendants of Sri Gadadhara Pandita, the most important among the branches
- After pacifying Kamalakanta Visvasa in this way, Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu went to see Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- After the disappearance of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, some of the branches, for unfortunate reasons, deviated from His path
- All glories to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu! All glories to Lord Nityananda! All glories to Sri Advaita Prabhu! All of Them are glorious
- All the followers of Gadadhara Pandita are considered great devotees because they have Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as their life and soul
- As the trunk and branches were watered, the branches and subbranches spread lavishly, and the tree grew full with fruits and flowers
- At first all the followers of Advaita Acarya shared a single opinion. But later they followed two different opinions, as ordained by providence
- Be he a learned scholar, a great ascetic, a successful householder or a famous sannyasi, one who is against the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is destined to suffer the punishment meted out by Yamaraja
- Bhagavata Acarya, Visnudasa Acarya, Cakrapani Acarya and Ananta Acarya were the sixth, seventh, eighth and ninth branches of Advaita Acarya
- By the mercy of Advaita Acarya, the devotees who strictly followed the path of Caitanya Mahaprabhu attained the shelter of Lord Caitanya's lotus feet without difficulty
- He has established Advaita Acarya as an incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. There is nothing wrong in this, for He is indeed the Lord Himself
- He has made the incarnation of Godhead a poverty-stricken beggar. Therefore I shall punish him in order to correct him
- He told his father, "Your instruction that Kesava Bharati is the spiritual master of Caitanya Mahaprabhu will spoil the entire country"
- Hearing this, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu laughed with satisfaction and immediately called Kamalakanta Visvasa
- I offer my respectful obeisances to the all-glorious Advaita Prabhu, who forms the second branch of the eternal Caitanya tree, and to His followers, who form His subbranches
- I therefore offer my respectful obeisances millions of times to Acyutananda's actual followers, whose life and soul was Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In this statement there are many confidential considerations. I do not write of them all, fearing an unnecessary increase in the volume of the book
- It is not possible to dip into that great ocean, but its sweet mellow fragrance attracts my mind. I therefore stand on the shore of that ocean to try to taste but a drop of it
- It should be concluded, therefore, that the path of Acyutananda is the essence of spiritual life. Those who did not follow this path simply scattered
- Lokanatha Pandita, Murari Pandita, Sri Haricarana and Madhava Pandita were the thirty-third, thirty-fourth, thirty-fifth and thirty-sixth branches of Advaita Acarya
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu became unhappy upon reading the note, although His face still shone as brightly as the moon. Thus, smiling, He spoke as follows
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu instructed Kamalakanta, "You are a bauliya, one who does not know things as they are. Why do you act in this way? Why do you invade the privacy of Advaita Acarya and damage His religious principles?
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the spiritual master of the fourteen worlds, but You say that someone else is His spiritual master. This is not supported by any revealed scripture
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu then put His hand on the chest of Gopala and told him, "My dear Gopala, get up and chant the holy name of the Lord!"
- Nandini, Kamadeva, Caitanya dasa, Durlabha Visvasa and Vanamali dasa were the tenth, eleventh, twelfth, thirteenth and fourteenth branches of Sri Advaita Acarya
- No one knew of that note, but somehow or other it reached the hands of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Not only the misguided descendants of Advaita Acarya but anyone who has no connection with Caitanya Mahaprabhu - even if he is independently a great sannyasi, learned scholar or ascetic - is like a dead branch of a tree
- Seeing Kamalakanta Visvasa unhappy, Advaita Acarya Prabhu told him, "You are greatly fortunate to have been punished by the Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- Simply by remembering the names of all these branches and subbranches of the three trunks I have described (Nityananda, Advaita and Gadadhara), one attains freedom from the entanglement of material existence
- Simply by remembering the names of all these Vaisnavas, one can attain the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Indeed, simply by remembering their holy names, one achieves the fulfillment of all desires
- Sivananda Cakravarti, the thirty-third branch, who always lived in Vrndavana with firm conviction, is considered an important branch of Gadadhara Pandita
- Some branches did not accept the original trunk that vitalized and maintained the entire tree. When they thus became ungrateful, the original trunk was angry at them
- Some of the disciples strictly accepted the orders of the acarya, and others deviated, independently concocting their own opinions under the spell of daivi-maya
- Sri Advaita Acarya told Lord Caitanya, "I cannot understand Your transcendental pastimes. You have shown more favor to Kamalakanta than You generally show to Me"
- Sri Advaita Prabhu was the second big branch of the tree. There are many subbranches, but it is impossible to mention them all
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was also the gardener, and as He poured the water of His mercy on the tree, all the branches and subbranches grew, day after day
- Sri Gopala was another son of Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu. Now just hear about his characteristics, for they are all very wonderful
- Sri Yadunandana Acarya was a student of Vasudeva Datta, and he received all his mercy. Therefore he could accept Lord Caitanya's lotus feet, from all angles of vision, as the supreme shelter
- Srivatsa Pandita, Haridasa Brahmacari, Purusottama Brahmacari and Krsnadasa were the twenty-fifth, twenty-sixth, twenty-seventh and twenty-eighth branches of Advaita Acarya
- That note established Advaita Acarya as an incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Advaita Acarya branch received the water supplied by the original gardener, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. In this way, the subbranches were nourished, and their fruits and flowers grew luxuriantly
- The chief branches of Sri Gadadhara Pandita were (1) Sri Dhruvananda, (2) Sridhara Brahmacari, (3) Haridasa Brahmacari and (4) Bhagavata Acarya
- The descendants of Advaita Acarya who accepted the path of Sri Acyutananda were all great devotees
- The eleventh branch of Gadadhara Gosvami was Bhugarbha Gosani, and the twelfth was Bhagavata dasa. Both of them went to Vrndavana and resided there for life
- The favor You have shown Kamalakanta is so great that even to Me You have never shown such favor. What offense have I committed at Your lotus feet so as not to be shown such favor?
- The fifteenth branch was Srinatha Cakravarti; the sixteenth, Uddhava; the seventeenth, Jitamitra; and the eighteenth, Jagannatha dasa
- The fifth branch (of Sri Gadadhara Pandita) was Ananta Acarya; the sixth, Kavi Datta; the seventh, Nayana Misra; the eighth, Gangamantri; the ninth, Mamu Thakura; and the tenth, Kanthabharana
- The fifth branch of Advaita Acarya was Sri Yadunandana Acarya, who had so many branches and subbranches that it is impossible to write of them
- The followers of Sri Advaita Prabhu were of two kinds. Some were real followers, & the others were false. Rejecting the false followers, I offer my respectful obeisances to Sri Advaita Acarya's real followers, whose life & soul was Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The fruits of love of Godhead that grew on those branches of the Caitanya tree were so large that they flooded the entire world with love of Krsna
- The Lord ordered Govinda, "From today on, do not allow that bauliya Kamalakanta Visvasa to come here"
- The nineteenth branch was Sri Hari Acarya; the twentieth, Sadipuriya Gopala; the twenty-first, Krsnadasa Brahmacari; and the twenty-second, Puspagopala
- The note also mentioned that Advaita Acarya had recently incurred a debt of about three hundred rupees that Kamalakanta Visvasa wanted to liquidate
- The ocean of the pastimes of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is immeasurable and unfathomable. Who can have the courage to measure that great ocean?
- The order of the spiritual master is the active principle in spiritual life. Anyone who disobeys the order of the spiritual master immediately becomes useless
- The other sons of Advaita Acarya were Sri Balarama, Svarupa and Jagadisa
- The thirteenth branch was Vaninatha Brahmacari, and the fourteenth was Vallabha-caitanya dasa. Both of these great personalities were always filled with love of Krsna
- The twenty-eighth branch was Amogha Pandita; the twenty-ninth, Hastigopala; the thirtieth, Caitanya-vallabha; the thirty-first, Yadu Ganguli; and the thirty-second, Mangala Vaisnava
- The twenty-third branch was Sriharsa; the twenty-fourth, Raghu Misra; the twenty-fifth, Laksminatha Pandita; the twenty-sixth, Bangavati Caitanya dasa; and the twenty-seventh, Raghunatha
- There are multifarious branches and subbranches of Advaita Acarya. It is very difficult to enumerate them fully. I have simply given a glimpse of the whole trunk and its branches and subbranches
- There is no need to name those who are useless. I have mentioned them only to distinguish them from the useful devotees
- Therefore, offering my obeisances at the lotus feet of them all, I shall describe the pastimes of the gardener, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, in chronological order
- Thus I expounded the Yoga-vasistha, which considers liberation the ultimate goal of life. For this the Lord became angry at Me and treated Me with apparent disrespect
- Thus I have briefly described the branches and subbranches of Gadadhara Pandita. There are still many more that I have not mentioned here
- Thus I have briefly described the three branches (Acyutananda, Krsna Misra and Gopala) of Sri Advaita Acarya's descendants
- Thus Lord Caitanya did not sprinkle upon them the water of His mercy, and they gradually withered and died
- Thus one becomes unpopular in the eyes of the people in general, for this damages his religiosity and fame. A Vaisnava, especially one who acts as a spiritual master, must not act in such a way. One should always be conscious of this fact
- When Acyutananda heard from his father that Kesava Bharati was the spiritual master of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he was very unhappy
- When Advaita Acarya heard this statement from His five-year-old son Acyutananda, He felt great satisfaction because of his conclusive judgment
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave this instruction to Kamalakanta, all present considered it to be meant for everyone. Thus Advaita Acarya was greatly pleased
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this, His mind was satisfied. Only They could understand each other's minds
- When chastised by Lord Caitanya, I was very happy to receive a punishment similar to that awarded Sri Mukunda
- When he heard this sound and felt the touch of the Lord, Gopala immediately got up, and all the Vaisnavas chanted the Hare Krsna maha-mantra in jubilation
- When Kamalakanta Visvasa heard about this punishment by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he was very unhappy, but when Advaita Prabhu heard about it, He was greatly pleased
- When Kamalakanta Visvasa was in Jagannatha Puri, he sent a note through someone to Maharaja Prataparudra
- When Lord Caitanya personally cleansed the Gundica-mandira in Jagannatha Puri, Gopala danced in front of the Lord with great love and happiness
- When one's mind is polluted, it is very difficult to remember Krsna, and when remembrance of Lord Krsna is hampered, one's life is unproductive
- While all of them danced, Gopala, dancing and dancing, fainted and fell to the ground unconscious
- While Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Advaita Prabhu chanted the Hare Krsna mantra and danced, there were various ecstatic symptoms in Their bodies, and Their minds were very pleased