"spiritual instruction"|"spiritual instructions"
Pages in category "Spiritual Instruction"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- A brahmacari is supposed to take idhma to ignite the fire used in performing sacrifices. By spiritual instruction a brahmacari is trained to ignite a fire and offer oblations in the morning. He is supposed to go to the spiritual master to take lessons
- A fallen person should take advantage of this rope (the strong rope of spiritual instructions), and then the spiritual master, or the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, will take him out of the dark well
- All scriptures and spiritual instructions are meant for the satisfaction of this self, or atma
- Anyone who is bodily identified, there is no question of spiritual instruction. He is an ass
- Athato brahma jijnasa. One who is inquisitive to understand "What I am? Am I this body or something else?" That is beginning of spiritual instruction
- In Matsya Purana, it is said with reference to the Gayatri mantra in the Bhagavatam that there are many narrations of spiritual instructions beginning with the Gayatri mantra. And there is the history of Vrtrasura
- In the Matsya Purana it is said, That which contains many narrations of spiritual instruction, begins with the Gayatri mantra and also contains the history of Vrtrasura, is known as the Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Only attention engaged in the service of the Lord, especially in dressing & decorating the temple, accompanied by musical kirtana and spiritual instructions from scriptures, can save the common man from the hellish cinema attractions & rubbish sex-songs
- Only attention engaged in the service of the Lord, especially in dressing and decorating the temple, accompanied by musical kirtana and spiritual instructions from scriptures, can save the common man
- The instructions given by Narada and Angira Muni (in SB 6.15.2) are the true spiritual instructions for the illusioned conditioned soul. This world is temporary, but because of our previous karma we come here and accept bodies
- The spiritual master cannot accept service from a disciple without awarding him spiritual instruction. That is the reciprocation of love and duty
- The Vedic literatures are not only full of spiritual instruction but are also instructive in how to prosecute material existence very nicely, with the ultimate aim of spiritual perfection
- The words bhiksor marga, "the path of the renounced order," are very significant in this regard. A sannyasi is called tridandi-bhiksu because his duty is to beg alms from the homes of grhasthas and to give the grhasthas spiritual instructions
- There is fighting, due to ajnana. So first of all we have to drive away this ajnana. Therefore Krsna is teaching Arjuna that "You are not this body. You are spirit soul." This is the first spiritual instruction by the authority to anyone
- This Sanskrit verse (of CC Adi 2.11) appears as the eleventh verse of the First Canto, Second Chapter, of Srimad-Bhagavatam, where Suta Gosvami answers the questions of the sages headed by Saunaka Rsi concerning the essence of all scriptural instructions