- not "solar years" | "solar year"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Solar"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- According to solar astronomical calculations, each year extends six days beyond the calendar year, and according to lunar calculations, each year is six days shorter. Therefore, there is a difference of twelve days between the solar and lunar years
- According to solar calculations, a month is equal to the time the sun spends in one constellation; two months constitute one season, and there are twelve months in a year
- Among the women present at Kuruksetra during the solar eclipse were Kunti, Gandhari, Draupadi, Subhadra and the queens of many other kings, as well as the gopis from Vrndavana
- As an astrologer can see the future fate of a man, or an astronomer can foretell the solar and lunar eclipses, liberated souls can foretell the future of all mankind by seeing through the scriptures
- Aside from the sun and moon, there is an invisible planet called Rahu. The movements of Rahu cause both solar and lunar eclipses. We suggest that the modern expeditions attempting to reach the moon are mistakenly going to Rahu
- At other times Krsna went to Kuruksetra from His paternal home (Dvaraka) during the solar eclipse, and at these times the residents of Vrndavana also went to see Him there
- In India there is still that place, Kuruksetra, and religious men go there especially on the occasion of solar eclipse. So recently there was solar eclipse
- In the solar, the sun planet, you cannot go there. But Krsna can go there. That is Krsna; that is God. Because Krsna is not like us, neither His body is like us
- It is customary in India that all the followers of the Vedic scriptures bathe in the Ganges or the sea as soon as there is a lunar or solar eclipse
- It is the custom of Hindus to give in charity to the poor as much as possible during the time of a lunar or solar eclipse. Advaita Acarya, therefore, taking advantage of this eclipse, distributed many varieties of charity to the brahmanas
- Once they (Krsna and Radharani) met at Kuruksetra during a solar eclipse, and the feeling which was expressed by them is heartrending
- One day of Brahma consists of the four yugas multiplied a thousand times - or, according to solar calculations, 4,320,000,000 years - and such also is the duration of his night
- Others also observe Caturmasya according to the solar month from Sravana to Karttika. The whole period, either lunar or solar, takes place during the rainy season
- Taking advantage of the occasion of the solar eclipse, all important persons from all parts of Bharata-varsa visited the holy place of pilgrimage
- Taking advantage of the solar eclipse, they (the residents of Vrndavana) all came to see their life and soul, Krsna and Balarama
- The foretellings of astrological science, such as the occurrence of solar or lunar eclipses, are wonderful calculations, and by this particular science a person can understand the future very clearly
- The meeting of Radha and Krsna during this occasion (in Kuruksetra during the solar eclipse) is a very pathetic story, and Lord Sri Caitanya, in the ecstasy of Radharani, always pined for Lord Sri Krsna at Jagannatha Puri
- The sun rays are molecular parts of the solar radiation. Thus the sun rays and the sun cannot be separated
- The temple (of Lord Jagannatha in Puri) is still visited by thousands of pilgrims daily. This temple is in remembrance of the Lord's visit at Kuruksetra during an occasion of solar eclipse and His subsequent meeting with the residents of Vrndavana
- This song refers to Srimati Radharani’s meeting with Krsna at the holy place of Kuruksetra, where Lord Sri Krsna and His brother and sister came to visit when there was a solar eclipse. It is a song of separation from Krsna
- Two solar movements make one day and night of the demigods, and that combination of day and night is one complete calendar year for the human being. The human being has a duration of life of one hundred years
- We have information of Lord Brahma's duration of life from the BG: 1,000 times the duration of the four ages, or 1,000 x 4,320,000 years, constitute Brahma's 12 hours. Similarly, one moment of Brahma's time is equal to one year of our solar calculation
- When Lord Krsna, along with His elder brother Balarama and sister Subhadra, came to Kuruksetra in a chariot on the occasion of a solar eclipse, many mystic yogis also came
- When Nanda Maharaja and the other residents of Vrndavana had heard that Krsna would be present in Kuruksetra because of the solar eclipse and that all the members of the Yadu dynasty would also be there, they had immediately prepared to go there
- When the gopis of Vrndavana, the residents of Gokula, met Krsna at Kuruksetra during the solar eclipse, they wanted to take Krsna back to Vrndavana
- When they met in that sacred place, all the gopis became stunned by the occurrence of a solar eclipse. Their breathing, blinking of the eyes and all similar activities stopped, and they stood before Krsna just like statues
- While Lord Krsna and Balarama were living peacefully in Their great city of Dvaraka, there was the rare occasion of a full solar eclipse, such as takes place at the end of every kalpa, or day of Brahma