Pages in category "Reformatory Method"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.
- The higher castes, the brahmanas, ksatriyas especially, and the vaisyas also, they must observe the dasa-veda samskara, ten kinds of reformatory methods. The first method is garbadhana-samskara
- The institution of varnasrama prescribed many regulative duties - Dasa-vidha-samskara, ten kinds of reformatory methods
- The Vedas recommend many ritualistic ceremonies to be performed with one's wife, on the birthdays of one's children, or during funeral ceremonies, and there are also personal reformatory methods like initiation
- The word jati means birth. According to sastra, there are 3 kinds of birth. The 1st birth is from the womb of the mother, the 2nd birth is the acceptance of the reformatory method, and the 3rd birth is acceptance by the spiritual master - initiation
- There are ten different samskaras, or reformatory methods, adopted in the system of varnasrama-dharma, and the name-giving ceremony is one of them
- There are ten kinds of reformatory method, and one of them is initiation from the spiritual master. That is called dvija. Samskarad bhaved dvijah
- These roads (not frequently used) are exactly like a brahmana who is not accustomed to studying and practicing the reformatory methods of the Vedic injunctions - he becomes covered with the long grasses of maya
- Those who have been reformed by the garbhadhana ceremony and other prescribed reformatory methods, performed with Vedic mantras and without interruption, and who have been approved by Lord Brahma, are dvijas, or twice-born