rebel | rebelled | rebelling | rebellion | rebellious | rebels
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- ► Defy (5 C, 47 P)
- ► Rebelling Against God (14 P)
- ► Rebellious Condition toward God (6 P)
- ► Renegade (5 P)
- ► Revolt (1 C, 17 P)
Pages in category "Rebellious"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.
- A rebellious son, however, stubbornly refuses the cooperation of the loving father and thus suffers all sorts of miseries. The Lord, therefore, sends His bona fide representatives to all parts of the material creation
- Actually the living entity is originally the spiritual part and parcel of the Supreme Lord, but due to his rebellious nature, he is conditioned within material nature. BG 1972 purports
- All the material activities of the cosmic manifestation are going on just to bring the rebellious souls back to Godhead. That is the situation
- Almost no one is attracted to such arcana activity. Everyone is more or less attracted by activities which are conditions of rebellion against the Supreme Lord. The systems of jnana and yoga are also indirectly rebellious acts against the Lord
- Although this avidya-sakti (material energy, or nescience) is also an energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, it is especially intended to keep the living entities in a state of forgetfulness. This is due to their rebellious attitude toward the Lord
- Any living entity engaged in rebellious activity is more or less condemned by the laws of material nature, which work under the subordination of the Lord
- As soon as we are rebellious to the authority of the Supreme Lord, we are captured by maya - that is also an energy of Krsna - and we become conditioned. So this is our position
- Especially in this age, Kali-yuga, cows are being killed all over the world, and as soon as there is a movement to establish brahminical civilization, people in general rebel
- Even five thousand years ago, Maharaja Yudhisthira and Maharaja Pariksit were the sole emperors of this planet. Sometimes the subordinate kings rebelled, and it was necessary for the emperor to go and chastise them
- He (God) descends to the material world to induce the nondevotees and rebellious living entities to return home, back to Godhead. He requests them to surrender unto Him because, unlimited as He is, He wants to increase His devotees unlimitedly
- He (Vidura) lamented that Dhrtarastra could rebel against the sons of his dead brother Pandu and that he could drive him (Vidura) out of his own house on the dictation of his crooked sons. In spite of these actions
- I am glad to learn how the students are friendly toward the devotees although they are generally depressed and rebellious. So Krsna Consciousness is so nice that it can pacify even the most rebellious person because it appeals to the soul
- I am spirit soul, part and parcel of the Supreme Lord. As soon as the mind is contaminated, I rebel, because I have got little independence. "Why shall I serve Krsna or God? I am God." It is simply a dictation from the mind
- If one is completely atheistic and disobedient and rebellious against any authority, what hope is there? So one's obedience to a higher personality can start with the demigods
- In our Krsna consciousness movement we are educating people that "You are always subordinate to Krsna. You surrender unto Him and you be happy. Do not remain in rebellious condition of life. Just surrender to God and you will be happy"
- In the sixteenth incarnation of the Godhead, the Lord (as Bhrgupati) annihilated the administrative class (ksatriyas) twenty-one times, being angry with them because of their rebellion against the brahmanas (the intelligent class)
- It is God who is supplying food, but still we are creating rebellion against Him. The word dhruk means "rebellious." Those rascals who are going against the law of God are rebellious
- Krsna replied, "In the past there were many rebellious kings, such as Haihaya, Nahusa, Vena, Ravana & Narakasura. Some of them were demigods & some were demons, but because of their false perception of their positions, they fell from their exalted posts"
- Kuntidevi says, avani-dhrug-rajanya-vamsa-dahana - You descend to kill all these rascals who rebelliously claim Your position
- No one has anything to do but render devotional service to the Supreme Lord, Sri Krsna. Therefore any activity other than transcendental loving service to the Lord is more or less a rebellious action against the supreme will
- Nothing can be done without surrender because our conditional life is rebellious life. We have rebelled against the supremacy of the Personality of Godhead
- Satrajit happened to be the father-in-law of Krsna, and it is the injunction of the sastras that one who is guru-druha, who has rebelled against a superior person, must be punished in proportion to the severity of the offense
- So Krsna's one business is to kill these rebellious persons who deny the supremacy of God, who declare himself as God
- The basic principle of creation is that this material world is the field of activities of the rebellious living entity. "I don't want to serve Krsna. I want to serve my senses." That is the whole world, going on
- The Christians, so-called Christians, are so ignorant, as soon as you say, "Everyone is son," they rebel, "No. Christ is the only son." And you say that Christ said that "I am the son, and you are also sons." This is the fact
- The living entity's struggle for existence within the material world is due to his rebellious nature. Unless a living entity surrenders to Krsna, he must continue this life of struggle
- The material creation is meant for rebellious souls who are not prepared to accept subordination under the Supreme Lord. This spirit of false lordship is called false ego
- The Mayavadis cannot understand this. They think, "Because the spiritual master has to be accepted as God and because I have become a spiritual master, I have become God." This is rebellious
- The real dharma is to surrender unto Krsna, but the rebellious living entity, instead of surrendering to Krsna, engages in adharma, in a struggle for existence to become like Krsna
- The Supreme Father does not forget His rebellious sons. He creates scriptures for them like the Vedas and Puranas in order to revive their lost relationship with Him and awaken their divine consciousness
- These demigods want to see that the rebel living beings, who want to survive faithlessly, are gradually turned towards the supreme power of the Lord. Therefore, the system of offering sacrifice is recommended in the scriptures
- These politicians, these old men, they cannot do now. So give them some false position, that 'You are president, acarya.' They will not rebel at least
- They (the living entities) have been conditioned from time immemorial because no one can trace out when the living entity, the part and parcel of the Supreme Lord, became rebellious against the supremacy of the Lord
- This artificial rebellious condition of the living entity gives him all troubles, it is to be understood that he should take to his normal life as a devotee of the Lord and be relieved from the misconception of being God
- This checking curtain (Krsna reserves the right of not being exposed to persons who are not surrendered souls) is called the maya energy of the Supreme Lord, and it controls the limited vision of the rebellious soul. It is explained as follows
- Those who are given a position by God but who want to usurp His power, which they actually cannot do, are rebellious fools and rascals who require punishment
- We are meant for serving Krsna, but we have rebelled: "Why shall I serve Krsna? I shall serve my senses. I shall remain independent without Krsna."
- We can better understand the mercy of God by an example: a government state is always supposed to be merciful, but sometimes, in order to keep law & order, the government employs its police force, & thus punishment is meted out to the rebellious citizens
- When living beings become intoxicated with the power of material science to exploit the resources unlawfully, and that also only for sense gratification, there is necessity of the Lord's incarnation to chastise the rebellious and to protect the faithful
- When various kings or landholders are subordinate to an emperor, they sometimes rebel and refuse to pay taxes. Similarly, there are rebellious persons who deny the supremacy of God and declare themselves God, and Krsna's business is to kill them