Pages in category "Rather Than"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- A devoted disciple of the spiritual master would rather die with the spiritual master than fail to execute the spiritual master's mission
- A devotee should try to restrict the vilifier by cutting out his tongue, and being unable to do so, one should commit suicide rather than hear the blaspheming of the devotee of the Lord
- A human being who considers the land of his birth to be worshipable, and who goes to a place of pilgrimage simply to bathe rather than to meet men of transcendental knowledge there is to be considered like a cow or an ass - SB 10.84.13
- A human being who considers the land of his birth worshipable, and who goes to a place of pilgrimage simply to bathe rather than to meet men of transcendental knowledge there, is to be considered like a cow or an ass
- A human being who goes to a place of pilgrimage simply to take a bath rather than meet men of transcendental knowledge there, is to be considered like an ass or a cow
- A neophyte devotee is always recommended to worship the Deity of the Lord (arcana) rather than go into the forest to search out the Lord
- After the chapters of the preface, I have described five transcendental mellows in five chapters. I have described them very briefly rather than expansively
- As indicated in verse 79 (SB 4.29.79), Narada Muni advised King Pracinabarhi to take to devotional service rather than waste time performing ritualistic ceremonies and fruitive activities
- I am glad to hear that you are now concentrating on improving the regulative life of the temple rather than so much advertising with brochures. This is very nice; this is what I want. A good example is better than precept
- I have no objection to your coming to Vrndavana, but as you have accepted the sannyasa order, it is more important to preach about Vrndavana rather than to come to Vrndavana
- I think therefore that in all circumstances you should steadfastly continue your Krishna Consciousness engagement, rather than joining any more universities
- I think you should take Australian rather than American passport. Australian passport is better because it is Commonwealth. You take Australian passport & immediately go to India. We require good men in India now. Indonesia is not a very important place
- I would consider it better for the sons of Dhrtarastra to kill me unarmed and unresisting, rather than fight with them. BG 1.45 - 1972
- If by chance the spiritual master forgets to call a disciple to partake of the prasada, it is enjoined in the scriptures that the student should fast on that day rather than accept food on his own initiative
- If this offering process (performing duties of varna and asrama) is in the mode of goodness rather than in pure devotion, then the interest is different
- If, without this preliminary knowledge of the Lord's omnipresence, one simply attaches himself to the rituals in a temple, church or mosque, it is as if he were offering butter into ashes rather than into the fire
- In the present age of quarrel and pretension, one should prefer to do the ordinary, prescribed duties rather than adopt the life of a sannyasi, a renunciate
- In the Visnu-rahasya there is a statement to the effect that one should prefer to embrace a snake, a tiger or an alligator rather than associate with persons who are worshipers of various demigods and who are impelled by material desire
- It is stated that even if one is forced to live within a cage of iron or in the midst of a blazing fire, he should accept this position rather than live with nondevotees who are through and through against the supremacy of the Lord
- It would be better to set the example rather than to criticize the defects of the devotees
- Keep bugs from the altar and Deity. You cannot allow them to disturb the Deity. Best is that you try and catch them and throw them out rather than kill them but if killing them is the only alternative, what can be done?
- Krsna went on speaking, "But at least if you utter the name of Balarama, they may prefer to give in charity to a ksatriya rather than to Me, because I am only a vaisya"
- One should be attached to the root of everything rather than bewildered by the branches and leaves
- One who wants to say something can show himself to be a big orator, but rather than go on speaking nonsense, better to remain silent. This method of silence, therefore, is recommended for persons very attached to speaking nonsense
- The beauty of the neck of the Lord enhances the beauty of the Kaustubha gem rather than vice versa
- The beauty of the neck of the Lord enhances the beauty of the Kaustubha gem rather than vice versa. The gem itself becomes more beautiful because it is situated on the neck of the Lord
- The devotees are not at all interested in arguing with the nondevotees to nullify their theories. Rather than wasting time, they always engage themselves in the transcendental loving service of the Lord in full Krsna consciousness
- The mahatmas are the pure devotees who are on the path to Vaikuntha, the kingdom of God, and who always chant and hear the glories of the Lord rather than talk of dry, profitless philosophy
- The men of this insignificant planet should kindly accept the instruction of Brahmaji and would do well to surrender unto the lotus feet of the Lord rather than try to estimate the length and breadth of the Lord's potencies
- The prisonhouse is there and the university is there. Why do some people go to prison rather than the university?
- Those who are less intelligent want to worship different demigods for some material gain rather than worship Krsna
- We should concentrate on developing the existing centers nicely rather than randomly opening new ones. If a temple has to close down it is a great discredit. So we should work in such a way that all our centers may prosper
- When He (Lord Krsna) plays (His flute), the clouds stop their loud thundering out of fear of Him. Rather than disturb the vibration of His flute, they respond with mild thunder and so congratulate Krsna, their friend